ADVERTISEMENT

PSU - Rutgers Match Thread

197: #20 Rasheed vs. #18 Jordan Pagano

Both are 6th-year seniors. Pagano was previously with PSU, and Rasheed and he roomed together as freshmen.

Per 1
Rasheed in on a single, elevates it, and trips him down for the TD, 2-0. Paganowith a bit of a stout but flattened back out. OOB with 1:32 left. Nagano flattened off the restart. He works up with about 1 min left. Neither guy doing a lot, but Pagano is doing almost nothing. End. RT @ 2:38 for Rasheed

Per 2
Rasheed takes bottom. Rasheed to his feet, lifted and returned to the mat. Nagano throws in a boot. OOB with 1:45 left. Rasheed up on the restart, and backdown. Rasheed nearly his a switch while going down, but they go OOB. Rasheed up again, back down, up again, and OOB with 1:04 left. Stall warning on Pagano. Rasheed up and taken down. He rolls as he goes down and nearly gets a rev, but they go OOB with 54 sec. Rasheed with a quick reversal off the restart, 5-0. Must have been a point awarded for a stall.) Rasheed working the crossface. End. RT @ 2:20 for Rasheed

Per 3
Pagano takes neutral. Nagano shoots from way out, and Rasheed sprawls -- stalemate with 1:22 left. Nagano with an aggressive shot, but Rasheed blocks. Nagano reaches and Rasheed scrambles to get the TD on a counter, Pagano grabs an ankle and they are near the edge ... stoppage for stalemate with 29.7 left. Challenge brick thrown by PSU ... they think there was a TD. DT feels it's a 2. Byers thinks its a TD. And the ref decides no TD. Pagano shoots, Rasheed sprawls, they scramble. End. With RT, it's a 6-0 decision for Rasheed

32-6, PSU

285: Nevills vs. Alex Esposito

Per 1
Esposito in on a low single, Nevills scrambles, nearly gets the TD but Esposito has the leg, and Nevills with the TD and gets 2 NF, 4-0. Nick throws in a leg and tries to tilt him, but the ref indicates it wasn't 45 degrees. Another tilt and swipes are being given. he tilts him again, and gets the pin @ 2:23!!!!

38-6, PSU

They just said Sheed weighed in at 193, Very interesting. That makes me even more confident that when Big 10's get here he will be very strong. Sheed will be maxing weight by then on full feed and should be very difficult on the major cut guys after day 2 weigh ins.

That along with further removed from injury....Those that have written him off for a high AA are going to regret that in my opinion!!!

Here ya go @PAgeologist
Seth deserves a hammer too.
estwing-framing-hammers-e3-22smr-64_1000.jpg

All right guys I'm back. I got you guys and Twitter for now.

What are the hot takes I need to know before watching the match.

All right guys I'm back. I got you guys and Twitter for now.

What are the hot takes I need to know before watching the match.

RBY has ice in his veins
Nick Lee is a sadist
Ref should have been thrown out of the match at 157
Cenzo likes to play with his food before he eats it
Brooks = hammer
Rasheed getting back into shape
Seth looked beastly on top

184: Brooks vs. Janzer

Per 1
missed the first 30 sec. Nothing much thru 1:30. Brooks nearly with an ankle pick. Panzer with a single attempt, nothing. 30 sec left. Brooks on a throw-bye counter at the end of the period for the TD, 2-0

Per 2
Brooks takes bottom. Brooks up and out in 8 sec, 3-0. Brooks with a shot, blocked. Panzer doing a nice job. Brooks is active,but Janzer is staving him off. Brooks in on a low single, Janzer with a whizzer, Brooks locks a cradle for the TD and gets the pin @ 4:35!!!

29-6, PSU
Did Brooks just pin a German tank, very impressive Mr Brooks .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT