ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday games of interest

In 20 years, there will be a 30 for 30 on the conference expansions of the 2020s before they learned traveling 6 hours for a game resulted in overwhelming losses for the visiting teams.

The travel for the former PAC teams is brutal. The B1G needs to add some more western teams.

No doubt, the home team is now 12-4 in these long-travel games with the former PAC12 teams (a similar lopsided advantage for home team is playing out in the ACC with the former PAC12 teams there). The only visiting team wins are PSU's win @USC, Oregon's yesterday @Purdue, Indiana's and Minny's wins @UCLA.

Reactions: mcpat
No doubt, the home team is now 12-4 in these long-travel games with the former PAC12 teams (a similar lopsided advantage for home team is playing out in the ACC with the former PAC12 teams there). The only visiting team wins are PSU's win @USC, Oregon's yesterday @Purdue, Indiana's and Minny's wins @UCLA.
Change topic. Carson Beck, UGA QB has now killed two of their droves in the 1st qtr by throwing INTs, though the 2nd one was a tipped ball. UGA was running the ball well on this 2nd drive and then he NT inside the Texas 10.

Change topic. Carson Beck, UGA QB has now killed two of their droves in the 1st qtr by throwing INTs, though the 2nd one was a tipped ball. UGA was running the ball well on this 2nd drive and then he NT inside the Texas 10.
Allar's better than Beck--I think NFL scouts will see that as well
Beck's definitely not on his game today--again

I can't bear to watch any more, but MSU is hanging in with Iowa. Sell out to stop the Iowa running game, they just don't have a lot going on offensively. Just saw a really ugly hip-drop tackle by Iowa trying to injure the MSU quarterback. They do seem to play for injuries.

USC goes down. They just don't know how to win at this point. I never cheer for USC and when I do they do this. Thanks for nuttin USC in helping our sos.
All of a sudden our win over USC looks unimpressive.
  • USC CBs couldn't shed blocks to make tackles on WR screens.
  • USC defenders didn't wrap up on their tackles.
  • USC passes were short of the 1st down which allowed the clock to run down. Poor clock management.
  • The blocked FG didn't look like it was the kicker's fault. Maryland got ridiculous penetration.
Some teams just don't know how to win. USC lost 4 games by a total of 14 points. They had a 4th quarter lead in all 4 games.

Last edited:
These cross country trips are brutal. Penn State beat USC. Barely. Pitt beat Cal. Barely.

Anyone else?

I know there’s a lot of $$$ in it, but can we please consider what’s best for the student-athletes now?
Student athletes. Ha ha. You’re funny.

Damn. Check Leinart’s and White’s Twitter accounts. (Nothing from Bush.)

Is Franklin our guy finally? Or are we going to hear CJF to USC crap again?

I hope not. Hard to see there being a much better job than here. I think PSU is a top 5-8 job; but have to pay top 5-8 $$$ then.

But if he would go, I want Manny.

A few ways to look at it. It damaged the SOS, on one hand, but on the other hand this crappy USC team blew out Wisconsin.

Illinois winning helps offset this however. Bottom line, handle business next week in Madison and it's not relevant.

USC beat Wisconsin in LA - there is a world of difference between PSU traveling to Madison and beating them in their Homecoming game and Wisconsin traveling to LA and losing @USC.

• Haha
Reactions: LandoComando
Damn. Check Leinart’s and White’s Twitter accounts. (Nothing from Bush.)

Is Franklin our guy finally? Or are we going to hear CJF to USC crap again?

I hope not. Hard to see there being a much better job than here. I think PSU is a top 5-8 job; but have to pay top 5-8 $$$ then.

But if he would go, I want Manny.
Every time there's a "Franklin to X" that just helps sell our program. He's not going to USC of all places.

Every time there's a "Franklin to X" that just helps sell our program. He's not going to USC of all places.

Nobody is going to win at USC again until they close off Cali to poachers (Oregon, UGA, others cherry pick the talent) while getting the national studs as well. Coincidentally, USC's last great run (Sneaky Pete) involved a lot of illegal NIL type of payments (before it was legal).

I can't see Franklin leaving. PA guy. Rebuilt the team. Has stability.

Reactions: LandoComando
Nobody is going to win at USC again until they close off Cali to poachers (Oregon, UGA, others cherry pick the talent) while getting the national studs as well. Coincidentally, USC's last great run (Sneaky Pete) involved a lot of illegal NIL type of payments (before it was legal).

I can't see Franklin leaving. PA guy. Rebuilt the team. Has stability.
I agree--unless he wants to leave for the NFL
I could also see him pulling a Tony Bennett (UVa) and retiring early though

Reactions: lazydave841
Big 10 middle is crazy. Iowa explodes with 40 vs Washington then looking like a scoreless 1st half tonight.

Michigan beating Sparty isn't a lock either and they probably need that game to finish at .500.
Harbaugh would be the happiest man on the planet if they go 5-7 without him

I'm a little surprised by Iowa being this bad against Michigan State--they haven't been great this year but they have losses to two top 10 teams and Michigan State, IMO, is about as bad as it gets in the Big Ten.

Okay--might have to go to Arch

UGA is a prime example of why I don't worry about anything other than winning. The 1 pt win vs Kentucky and the close loss to Bama and here they are up 17-zip on the team who supposedly had no flaws coming in to tonight's game.

Just. Win.
They have overwhelmed Texas @ the LOS offensively & defensively.

Reactions: lazydave841
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT