ADVERTISEMENT

Souther Scuffle Day 2 Official Thread

Frantically trying to get the audio I missed the whole thing. Tough break for the kid. Defiantly a learning experience there.
Yes, my feed as worrying for the RBY match but has just gone to a buffering state...

Nick Lee is doing his thing and just methodically dismantling Shoop.

EDIT - My stream never went down.

Nick Lee rode the whole second period. They go neutral and Nick with another TD. 14-3.

Shoop with a nice ride out in second, but kind of a waste down by 9. Nick seemed a little gassed trying to get away but he looks great here in the third from neutral.

The announcer said K. Shoop led the NCAAs in tech falls last year.....Does getting tech falled by Nick Lee add to his streak ? :rolleyes:

Edited: Just realized....almost tech fall 18-4. Geuss it wont count.

Last edited:
Well, we will get to see the final we missed at the Keystone Classic when Berge MFF out after the Verk match.

Mike Mal & Pyles is the perfect broadcast duo. Mal gives awesome insight and technical details.
Couldn't agree more. I mean, Pyles is probably replaceable (though pretty polished these days), but I'm not sure Mike is.

149 Semi
Berge v One of the Many Finesilvers (ed: Mitch, who wrestled 157 last season)
First
  • Finesilver low shot but nothing, Berge looking for ties and snap downs
  • Finesilver with an ankle pick and looked to have Berge dead to rights but Berge spun out nicely
  • Berge dove for a leg and got it but Finesilver kicked it off without much trouble
  • 0-0
Second
  • Berge chooses down
  • Finesilver looking to put legs in, Berge not letting him. :34 RT
  • Finesilver over a minute of RT but not much going on.
  • Berge out of bounds for the 4th? time this period
  • Finesilver with a leg in now, Berge with no answers, and that period ends.
  • Still 0-0 but Berge facing 2:00 of RT
Third
  • Finesilver starts down and he's up and out right away)
  • Berge throws behind and gets the two, going up 2-1. But it was a quick two and Finesilver is challenging.
  • [in interim, Cliff Fretwell just claimed to have coined Frank's "Gorilla Hulk" nickname]
  • Challenge lost, Berge up 2-1
  • Finesilver up and out, 2-2 with 1:40 of RT
  • :45 remaining
  • Berge tried a duck, then an inside trip but both came up far short, :09 left
  • Finesilver wins 3-2, with the decisive RT point

Last edited:
Brady is going to need to ride some in the third if he can get out here to get the RT down.

this should be stalling on top ... not once has he left the parallel position with no attempts to turn

Reactions: Grass
It's pretty rinse and repeat. Brady stands up and they end up out of bounds in the same spot.

Berge takes bottom in the 2nd and gets ridden out
0-0 (w/ 2 RT) going to the 3rd

1-0 FS right now with 2 min of RT as well. PSU challenging a non-TD call that they think Berge got.

Check that, I think Duke my be challenging. It may have been called a TD. I don't have audio on as I am at work.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT