ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers thread

PennStateNate

Feb 2, 2014
Hate the 3rd and 1 play. Throw it beyond the line.

Anyways, Bi Polar Boswell hits a 49 yard FG. 3-0.

Hate the 3rd and 1 play. Throw it beyond the line.

Anyways, Bi Polar Boswell hits a 49 yard FG. 3-0.

If Washington makes the block it more than likely goes for a first down.
At least they scored, with Boswell nothing is a given. Actually for this season the miss was more than likely.

Someone on Steelers Depot cautioned early this week that this Ref Crew was the worst on flagging visiting team. 2 standard deviations different from the other crews.

Not sure if accurate, but the poster said to watch for Pitt getting screwed in The Big Easy.

1. Yes, that was a fumble. He received the ball and took at least one step.

2. Form watching this game, EVERY pass play has Pass Interference across the league. The back judge is incompetent

Tomlin needs to go. Throws the red flag when the wind blows and on that the guy made a move and then the fumble. Didn’t throw the flag. Crazy

1. Yes, that was a fumble. He received the ball and took at least one step.

2. Form watching this game, EVERY pass play has Pass Interference across the league. The back judge is incompetent

not just incompetent, favoring the home team and hosing the visitors

Reactions: BBrown
...first Saints TD based on a phantom PI call in the end zone...
...second followed a no-call on a fumble and recovery that was called an incomplete pass...
...oh, well... :(

So they throw the flag for unsportsmanlike conduct and the ref talks the linesman out of it. Or over rules him. Amazing refs today.

Tomlin needs to go. Throws the red flag when the wind blows and on that the guy made a move and then the fumble. Didn’t throw the flag. Crazy
In fairness to Tomlin, the call is made in the booth and whoever is making the calls and relaying them to Tomlin is terrible at it. It's been that way for the last several years.

Reactions: BBrown
Tomlin is the head coach. It all comes down to him and I have no patience for an nfl head coach like i do in college. If Steelers miss the playoffs with the talent they have then it is time for him to go.

walked away from the TV after the PI in the end zone......F the NFL.....I am in the middle of switching from my 40 plus years of loving football to hating everything about it

Tomlin is the head coach. It all comes down to him and I have no patience for an nfl head coach like i do in college. If Steelers miss the playoffs with the talent they have then it is time for him to go.
I think that's a separate issue from blaming him for the errors made upstairs on challenges.

I did the same thing. I walked the dog.
I get way too upset over the whole thing....I can hear the TV if I stop to listen as my wife is still watching....I just need to completely step away from football....I hate that it has come to this

...first Saints TD based on a phantom PI call in the end zone...
...second followed a no-call on a fumble and recovery that was called an incomplete pass...
...oh, well... :(

The second PI against the Steelers, on the 2nd touchdown "drive" was also pretty weak. Sure when looked at in slow motion the contact was when the ball was a couple feet away. But that play is only called less that half the time as well....

In fairness to Tomlin, the call is made in the booth and whoever is making the calls and relaying them to Tomlin is terrible at it. It's been that way for the last several years.

Why then hasn't Tomlin made a change at that position? Tomlin's responsible for every decision the staff makes.

Why then hasn't Tomlin made a change at that position? Tomlin's responsible for every decision the staff makes.
I couldn't answer that question. I'm not an insider in the organization. It is a worthwhile question though. If I were interested beyond this discussion, and I'm not, I'd investigate. What do your sources say about this?

I get way too upset over the whole thing....I can hear the TV if I stop to listen as my wife is still watching....I just need to completely step away from football....I hate that it has come to this
Snowflake.

We need a touchdown here. 3 points will help but can’t keep kicking field goals all day. Of course they can but they will lose.

I hear ya. Football has evolved into a none contact sport. It's all offense because of the rules have put the defenses at such a disadvantage.

Reactions: mn78psu83
I hear ya. Football has evolved into a none contact sport. It's all offense because of the rules have put the defenses at such a disadvantage.
It's difficult for me to watch and I have not watched nearly as much NFL this year as I did in the past.

that's part of it....I can't tell what the hell penalties are any more....I hate just about everything besides the gameplay....announcers...commercials...any pregame or postgame or halftime shows....a big chunk of message board posters....trash talking....power ratings...fantasy football.....pretty much everything outside the lines

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT