ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers thread

And a little help from the officials.

The pass interference call that on Haden that put the ball at the 2 and gave NO a TD was abysmal. Plain and simple. The default is no call unless an official sees clearly that the DB pushed or interfered. That did not happen.

The call that the pass for NO was incomplete was also pretty poor. The WR took 2 steps with the ball and then got the ball knocked out. There again, when the official blows the ball dead instead of allowing the play to continue and then getting together with the other officials it is an error. That was a turnover that was not allowed and also cost the Steelers a NO TD. But it is my understanding that Tomlin could have challenged the play since there was a clear recovery by the Steelers, and that if he had won a challenge the only loss would have been the return yardage. So Tomlin did have a chance to challenge and he did not so that's on him and his staff for having a poor review and challenge process.

I saw a couple other blatant interferences on NO DB's that were not called, but maybe there were some both ways.

But yes, the officials did have a impact in keeping the Steeler from winning the game. They blatantly cost the Steeler 2 NO TD's.

But in the end the Steelers had a chance to win and 2 turnovers, an area they do control, also cost them the win.

And NFL officials do show blatant incompetence and get fired and replaced. Some may have been marginal at their jobs, and some may just get old and lose their edge like workers in any profession. It happens.
A little help is putting it mildly. This I don't think was mentioned by the announcers, but on the game winning drive by NO the pass interference call on 4th and 2 should never have been made. The ball was tipped by ST at the line of scrimmage. This stuff that we always hear about that this team or that team shouldn't have been in a position to let the officials determine the outcome of a game is often total BS. I heard enough of that when Penn State got repeatedly screwed by Big Ten officiating. The officials determined the outcome of this game and there is no question about it. Had they done their job everyone would have been talking about what a great game the Steelers played.

I just jumped to the last page here so I'm sure the fake punt got a lot of opinions. I never watch the NFL but the game was on at one of the children's homes. Tomlin absolutely made the correct call. He knew what Drew Brees "does" on a regular basis and also knew length of the field a minor factor!

Reactions: BBrown and nits74
I just jumped to the last page here so I'm sure the fake punt got a lot of opinions. I never watch the NFL but the game was on at one of the children's homes. Tomlin absolutely made the correct call. He knew what Drew Brees "does" on a regular basis and also knew length of the field a minor factor!
Agree and add to that, even if NO scored at that point, which they did not, it would have left the Steelers with plenty of time to score. I'm certain that was his line of thinking.

Yea it worked out great. Moving the offense the whole field in stead of half puts more pressure on the offense and more things can happen. Just think of shuster fighting for extra yards when it mattered and time was winding down.

It was not the correct call.

Tomlin screwed is up plain and simple. Just watched that third and twenty. How do you do a deep 25 yard zone when the player needs 20. I get keeping one guy back for the bomb but I counted at least 3 players 25 down field.

Cleveland hates Baltimore far more than Pittsburgh. I bet the bring their “a” game and win next week.
We can hope, but it's in Baltimore and that defense is very good. Ravens should win it.

We can hope, but it's in Baltimore and that defense is very good. Ravens should win it.
Not sold on Jackson...Ravens are due for a few bounces to go against them...pressure at home will be excruciating...get down by more than 1 score and it’s Brownies all the way...that Ravens D could be their saving grace though...

Reactions: BBrown
Yea it worked out great. Moving the offense the whole field in stead of half puts more pressure on the offense and more things can happen. Just think of shuster fighting for extra yards when it mattered and time was winding down.

It was not the correct call.

Tomlin screwed is up plain and simple. Just watched that third and twenty. How do you do a deep 25 yard zone when the player needs 20. I get keeping one guy back for the bomb but I counted at least 3 players 25 down field.
Did any one notice that the 4th down pass interference that extended Saints drive was a tipped ball...reviews should have overturned the PI

Did any one notice that the 4th down pass interference that extended Saints drive was a tipped ball...reviews should have overturned the PI
I agree - not sure if Tomlin had a TO left to challenge but the replay seemed to show it was tipped and I was surprised no challenge unless he was out of TO’s.

Reactions: TheGLOV and BBrown
I agree - not sure if Tomlin had a TO left to challenge but the replay seemed to show it was tipped and I was surprised no challenge unless he was out of TO’s.

Could he have thrown a challenge flag on that? I thought some things you couldn't challenge?

Reactions: TheGLOV
Baltimore has the best defense in the league and will throttle Cleveland. Pittsburgh is done. Nobody to blame but themselves (particularly the coaching staff).

I was liking Romo in general, but the excitement at the end of the game seemed a little contrived on his part. He sounded like he was running from the police more than excited about the game.

Was under 2 minutes. Should have been reviewed by the booth. Not sure if Tomlin was in the refs ears about it. I know that players on the sideline were indicating it was tipped. Not sure why they didn’t stop play to review it. Pretty crucial call you should have wanted to get right.

Baltimore has the best defense in the league and will throttle Cleveland. Pittsburgh is done. Nobody to blame but themselves (particularly the coaching staff).

I was liking Romo in general, but the excitement at the end of the game seemed a little contrived on his part. He sounded like he was running from the police more than excited about the game.
How did Baltimore fare against Cleveland last game? Time will tell this time...

Was under 2 minutes. Should have been reviewed by the booth. Not sure if Tomlin was in the refs ears about it. I know that players on the sideline were indicating it was tipped. Not sure why they didn’t stop play to review it. Pretty crucial call you should have wanted to get right.
I thought the same...cost Steelers the game and thought it was fairly obvious...amazed the TV analysts said nothing!

48893304_1960615004026523_7792938367242469376_o.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT