ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers thread

Most talented team to not make the playoffs in the history of the NFL?
The Steelers are a collection of very good athletes who sometimes play like as good team. But this year, they have not played like a good team enough to earn a spot in the playoffs. This inconsistency is on Tomlin and his staff.

The ole! whiff by Samules was awful but not as bad as the 4th down fake giving Brees the ball at midfield. Ouch!

I left to pick up my parents at the airport. I see tomlin lost another one. Good job tomlin.

Well now we need browns to win. Hasn’t worked at all so far hoping other teams would lose. So I put this at 20-80?

Oh well. Another year of disappointment and we still have next year of disappointment because tomlin will not change .

What a waste of talent on this team!!!

It’s on the coach not the player who screwed up. When Conner fumbled and then 4 weeks ago Washington fumbled and 2 years when troussaint fumbled at Denver it all has to do with fundamentals. That is the head coach.

It’s on the coach not the player who screwed up. When Conner fumbled and then 4 weeks ago Washington fumbled and 2 years when troussaint fumbled at Denver it all has to do with fundamentals. That is the head coach.
I agree but that fake punt was horse shit when the defense was playing lights out.

Omg I just watched that fake punt on twitter did he really do that. Thank god i left for the airport or i would have had a meltdown.

Tomlin needs to go.

Reactions: UncleRoyBiggins
I didn’t think the fake punt was a bad call. My first reactions was that it was risky but when I thought about it, at that point in the game, even if the Saints score the Steelers would get the ball back.
And the Steelers were in good position to win. If Juju doesn’t fumble, I think the Steelers get a TD and win in regulation.
It was the two fumbles in scoring position that lost them the game.

Reactions: BBrown
I’m no Steelers fan. Didn’t have a dog in the hunt today.
I’m amazed at the number of people beeching about the officials here and on other sites. Even worse than those who complain on fall Saturdays during Penn State games.
I hold some very strong opinions on officials:
1. Officials don’t make it to that level if they are poor performing officials.
2. Officials don’t reach and stay at that level by favoring one team over another. Don’t ever tell me an official is cheating unless you can prove it. Don’t ever tell me a league or a conference is instructing its officials to favor one team over another unless you can prove it.
3. Officials are not perfect. Same can be said for everyone else involved in the game.
4. Officials didn’t beat the Steelers today. The Steelers beat themselves....with a little help from the Saints.

I didn’t think the fake punt was a bad call. My first reactions was that it was risky but when I thought about it, at that point in the game, even if the Saints score the Steelers would get the ball back.
And the Steelers were in good position to win. If Juju doesn’t fumble, I think the Steelers get a TD and win in regulation.
It was the two fumbles in scoring position that lost them the game.

and 2 gift TD's for NO in the first half.
Yea I probably would have punted but I don't think it was a horrible call either.
I guess I'm in the minority but I didn't see anything Tomlin did that is causing all this vitriol.

I’m amazed at the number of people beeching about the officials here and on other sites. Even worse than those who complain on fall Saturdays during Penn State games.
2. Officials don’t reach and stay at that level by favoring one team over another. Don’t ever tell me an official is cheating unless you can prove it. Don’t ever tell me a league or a conference is instructing its officials to favor one team over another unless you can prove it.
3. Officials are not perfect. Same can be said for everyone else involved in the game.
4. Officials didn’t beat the Steelers today. The Steelers beat themselves....with a little help from the Saints.

Sorry those were some pretty horrible calls in the first half that led directly to 14 points, "don't ever tell me they weren't".

Reactions: razpsu
Then direct your ire and vitriol at Steeler mangement. I don't think it was Tomlin, Ben, JuJu or anyone player that said don't pay him.

I’m sure that will change it. Best way is to quit following them. The Rooney ownership is getting like the Nutting ownership every year. Only cares about money. Team has needs that can put them in a position to compete and it gets ignored.

Reactions: Lion8286
Sorry those were some pretty horrible calls in the first half that led directly to 14 points, "don't ever tell me they weren't".
That first PI in the endzone was a gift TD. I hope that guy gets coal for Christmas.

Not saying they weren’t poor calls.
Just saying they weren’t made with ill intentions. Official screwed up, but not nearly as bad as the Steelers.

Then direct your ire and vitriol at Steeler mangement. I don't think it was Tomlin, Ben, JuJu or anyone player that said don't pay him.
I do agree that the Steelers management deserves a lot of the blame this year. After Bell rejected their offer they should have cut or traded him.
By keeping him on the team they had to reserve $15 million in cap space for a player that never took the field.
And if they had signed a semi-competent backup QB, they beat Oakland and they wouldn’t be in this mess.

The Steelers fans don't hold a monopoly on complaining about the officials. Read the Eagles strings on this board.

I’m sure that will change it. Best way is to quit following them. The Rooney ownership is getting like the Nutting ownership every year. Only cares about money. Team has needs that can put them in a position to compete and it gets ignored.

Sage advice. I just wish I knew who said it.:)

Not saying they weren’t poor calls.
Just saying they weren’t made with ill intentions. Official screwed up, but not nearly as bad as the Steelers.

and I guess I'll just bring up that there were NBA officials that were caught cheating. So it can happen. Who know's if it was will "ill intentions or not" but it has happened.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT