ADVERTISEMENT

Teasdale to Iowa

Good day for sweet corn. Happy 4th Turk and my BWI friends, God Bless our Military and our Freedom.
Not in PA, my Dad always said, “knee high by the 4th of July!” So not ready to eat until late July or August.

But happy 4th everyone and God Bless our Military!

Reactions: royboy
Not in PA, my Dad always said, “knee high by the 4th of July!” So not ready to eat until late July or August.

Yeah, I recognize that comment from my own dad. This goes way back and was based on the climate/growing season of Allegheny County, PA. Might have been a bit different over towards Lancaster, etc. Certainly different where I am now in North Carolina. Some good corn available now, and more soon.

Reactions: 86PSUPaul

Here in South Jersey sweet corn has already been available for a couple of weeks and the saying is "as high as an elephants eye by the 4th of July". And it is!

Rich black Iowa dirt sweet corn. Grilled with the husk on. Slathered in butter, homemade seasoned salt.. a little parmesan cheese. Sometimes I add a little cayenne or black pepper for a kick. I have mine sitting on the counter right now begging to hit that grill. Happy 4th everyone! Cheers

Nice interview. Gavin owned up to everything including having a bad attitude and fighting with his coaches at Jefferson, returning from rehab the same (unchanged) person, not caring about working hard at PSU (or in HS), running with a bad crowd, and being the type of athlete who needs extra hand holding. What surprised me (a little bit) is the Lee's don't have him on a good diet and Gavin at 20 years old still isn't disciplined enough to manage his weight.

Reactions: crockster
I'm really not surprised about what he did/went through/said during the interview and while at PSU/JM. He did looked burned out in highschool his last two years and I'm sure it was due to a lot of the factors that made him leave PSU. He's still a young adult, I'm sure he'll find his way at Iowa. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and he deserves to share his be his statements untrue/true and positive/negative.

Reactions: tewlepz
Rich black Iowa dirt sweet corn. Grilled with the husk on. Slathered in butter, homemade seasoned salt.. a little parmesan cheese. Sometimes I add a little cayenne or black pepper for a kick. I have mine sitting on the counter right now begging to hit that grill. Happy 4th everyone! Cheers

Do you boil it in water/milk and seasonings before grilling?

The reports about Gavin from “the room” sound suspiciously like Brody Grothus reports.

We’re doomed ;)

Not only that, but Teasdale already has a thread over there that eclipsed the precious Grothus thread. If post count correlates with mat performance in similar fashion, well, I'd say this will be apocalyptic for the PSU dynasty.

Do you boil it in water/milk and seasonings before grilling?
I do not. But I am willing to try it! My family was never big on boiling the corn growing up. My father always had the grill going. I ate some sweetcorn at the farmer's Market a few weeks ago that was made "Mexican style". It had mayo on it. First time I tried that and must say I enjoyed it a lot

I do not. But I am willing to try it! My family was never big on boiling the corn growing up. My father always had the grill going. I ate some sweetcorn at the farmer's Market a few weeks ago that was made "Mexican style". It had mayo on it. First time I tried that and must say I enjoyed it a lot

I'm willing to concede that Iowa is the epicenter/Mecca of corngrowing. But PA continues to be the epicenter of wrestling talent....We'll even continue to send some of our studs your way, just to keep things interesting. :)

Dodgeball is debatable. We took that game pretty seriously in High School! No mercy

I know quite a few people here don't visit HR, so here's a post that will generate some discussion....

Ihawkd and Vodka....just...zip it.

Cael and PSU gives me/flo nothing. there's nothing to ever hold me back. what can they possibly take away?

contrary to what you tin foil hat douchers think - i say exactly what's on my mind without rhyme or recourse; idgaf the ramifications, i speak my mind. i don't care if Tom, Terry, Cael, John W, etc, etc get pissed.

all i have is my word, and it's the best in the game.

as far as the Gavin interview - he should have been coached up or edited. i love him. he knows it. but you can't say 'i effed up, i effed up, i effed up...and also the coaches didn't have my back.'

additionally, that the PSU staff didn't go above and beyond for gavin is not close to the truth. if y'all knew you'd say it was illegal. b/c that's how you dumb shits are.

I know quite a few people here don't visit HR, so here's a post that will generate some discussion....
Hey Willie, you are the man!

I’m hoping for you that it’s different in the media world, but, sadly, in the regular world a guy who speaks his mind will eventually run into a steamroller. :(

Willie write:
> i don't care if Tom, Terry, Cael, John W, etc, etc, get pissed.

Who is John W?

After reading Gavin's comments, my first impression was that he was coached up.

I agree Tangsoo.

When Gavin was in Penn State we heard crickets. Now he's in Iowa and he becomes Chatty Cathy. Certainly appears that the coaching advice/guidance has changed.

Many people that need a change feel the need to proclaim it’s being made. Many of those are just trying to convince themselves it’s going to happen. I hope Gavin gets on a good path and does well, whether or not it translates to wrestling stardom.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT