ADVERTISEMENT

The Ferrari Family Circus

It’s amazing. How did I make it through my formative years having no non-incidents? I guess I was lucky.
California Penal Code § 148(a)(1) PC makes it a crime willfully to resist, delay or obstruct peace officers or EMTs who are performing their official duties. This offense is a misdemeanor punishable by up to one year in county jail and fines of up to $1000.00.

Spending a night in jail for this isn't what I would consider a non-incident, especially considering his history. I have no idea what the details of the case are or if the City Attorney will even issue the case, but from my LE experience, we don't typically arrest (and book) someone for this offense unless it was needed. I will withhold further judgment since none of the details of his arrest have come out.

California Penal Code § 148(a)(1) PC makes it a crime willfully to resist, delay or obstruct peace officers or EMTs who are performing their official duties. This offense is a misdemeanor punishable by up to one year in county jail and fines of up to $1000.00.

Spending a night in jail for this isn't what I would consider a non-incident, especially considering his history. I have no idea what the details of the case are or if the City Attorney will even issue the case, but from my LE experience, we don't typically arrest (and book) someone for this offense unless it was needed. I will withhold further judgment since none of the details of his arrest have come out.
The Ferraris strike me as “Back the Blue” types until It’s inconvenient

Season 2 Nbc GIF by Law & Order

This does sound like something not criminal, but a whole lot of stupid.

As in, Ferrari likely was doing a lot of loud celebrating on his lifts -- a complete no-no for everyone else in the gym trying to concentrate so they don't injure themselves under the bar. And then he probably gave a mega-crap-ton of he-man attitude to whoever complained.

Sounds just like him, and if that's what he did, then the gym should kick him out.

Exactly how manly of a man does one have to be to call the campus police because someone is being too loud with his weights? Another question - how loud does one have to be to be too loud with your weights?

Reactions: Pitchfork Rebel
Exactly how manly of a man does one have to be to call the campus police because someone is being too loud with his weights? Another question - how loud does one have to be to be too loud with your weights?
LOL, do you really think somebody called the police because Ferrari was too loud with his weights -- as opposed to Ferrari cocking off and possibly threatening him during the conversation?

And for the 2nd question: it's all about timing and proximity. We all have seen Ferrari yelling, strutting, and flexing after lifts. I have had to tell people at the gym to not walk right in front of me while I'm doing squats or overhead presses. Decent human beings, which he is not, get that right away and are able to wait that whole minute for me to finish my set.

LOL, do you really think somebody called the police because Ferrari was too loud with his weights -- as opposed to Ferrari cocking off and possibly threatening him during the conversation?

And for the 2nd question: it's all about timing and proximity. We all have seen Ferrari yelling, strutting, and flexing after lifts. I have had to tell people at the gym to not walk right in front of me while I'm doing squats or overhead presses. Decent human beings, which he is not, get that right away and are able to wait that whole minute for me to finish my set.
Exactly.

The guy was threatened enough to have to call security. Why do we excuse this behavior?

Yes, I've been in enough gyms when I was younger to know that asking some meathead to turn down his tunes or be respectful of other people working out can turn out bad. This doesn't mean I should give up my rights to engage someone civilly and request some respect.

Plenty of people excusing this by grading on a curve - well, he should have expected it. Yeah, young guys like to pop off.

It's f'ing BS and, worst of all, this is a guy that knows he can't get in any more trouble. Or should know, but doesn't. F' him.

This does sound like something not criminal, but a whole lot of stupid.

As in, Ferrari likely was doing a lot of loud celebrating on his lifts -- a complete no-no for everyone else in the gym trying to concentrate so they don't injure themselves under the bar. And then he probably gave a mega-crap-ton of he-man attitude to whoever complained.

Sounds just like him, and if that's what he did, then the gym should kick him out.

So apparently the CUSB school gym has a lunk alarm like Planet Fitness? LOL. I agree that this in isolation is likely a non-incident, but what it does do is put him on the radar of both the police and the school admin.

It's f'ing BS and, worst of all, this is a guy that knows he can't get in any more trouble. Or should know, but doesn't. F' him.
He doesn't think anything he ever does is getting him in trouble, including after it does.

From a legal perspective, he's not wrong. BUT: legal issues aren't what got him booted from Iowa. He still doesn't get that. There's no evidence he ever will, and he has no incentive to because people keep giving him extra chances.

Yeah, maybe I am not visualizing the situation properly, but for the first guy to tell/ask someone to quiet down and then call the police makes me think the first guy was, shall I say, the type of person that excuses are for.
It reminded me of a time during Covid when I was lifting on a circuit and some guy got all upset because "this isn't the time to be sharing equipment" and he went to get the lady from the front desk to handle the situation. All I could think was -"go back to your mother's basement and watch TV and play video games and maybe get a cup of hot chocolate."
I am not saying AJ is a saint or anything. You would think he would have been smart enough to give the campus police his name an act somewhat humble. Then again - maybe that is impossible for him.

It reminded me of a time during Covid when I was lifting on a circuit and some guy got all upset because "this isn't the time to be sharing equipment" and he went to get the lady from the front desk to handle the situation. All I could think was -"go back to your mother's basement and watch TV and play video games and maybe get a cup of hot chocolate."
This reminded me so much of a CA trip during COVID in Nov 2020 where my wife and I were walking on a nearly deserted Santa Monica beach in the early morning and this woman starts screaming at us to mask up. "why thank you ma'am, have a nice day". My sarcasm didn't work lol.

All the while there was a homeless encampment not 50 yards away where needles were left all over the beach. Priorities.

On second thought, maybe she thought I looked somewhat rational and not likely to knife her for the shout. Always go for the patsy in a fight. I guess I was the patsy.

So apparently the CUSB school gym has a lunk alarm like Planet Fitness? LOL. I agree that this in isolation is likely a non-incident, but what it does do is put him on the radar of both the police and the school admin.

Lunk alarm?.. I was permanently banned for wearing Crocs.

(The judgment free zone)

But thankfully, I'm back in a real gym. Long term use of the smith machine is horrible for the stabilizing muscles.

Seriously, can't wait until he ends up on OE Fitness, Shredded Sports Science or Doucette's or Isratel's channels.

Was he lifting in a gym with the general student population/local town folk? Doesn't CUSB have a weight room for their athletes? Or do they and did another athlete call the cops on him?

I don't know the full story, but based on what I'm hearing probably enough blame on both people here, but knowing AJ and his childish theatrics he was probably not practicing decent gym etiquette and was not being respectful to those around him. No, with his history I don't give him the benefit of the doubt.

Reactions: Nitlion1986
He doesn't think anything he ever does is getting him in trouble, including after it does.

From a legal perspective, he's not wrong. BUT: legal issues aren't what got him booted from Iowa. He still doesn't get that. There's no evidence he ever will, and he has no incentive to because people keep giving him extra chances.
AJ is certainly a target. Other meatheads will confront and challenge him for everything. In the gym. Walking to class. At the massage parlor. At the bars. Will AJ be able to walk away or will he be his normal self. Less than 1% chance that he makes it to March without a major incident. By the way, anyone know where his sister is these days? Asking for a friend

Reactions: Ski and vhsalum
Yeah, maybe I am not visualizing the situation properly, but for the first guy to tell/ask someone to quiet down and then call the police makes me think the first guy was, shall I say, the type of person that excuses are for.
I am not saying AJ is a saint or anything. You would think he would have been smart enough to give the campus police his name an act somewhat humble. Then again - maybe that is impossible for him.

That’s a lot of assumptions and filling in the blanks based on some 3rd party’s account with unknown sourcing.

Either way, AJF has a track record of not being able to navigate normal, rational adult interactions and decision making very well.

That’s a lot of assumptions and filling in the blanks based on some 3rd party’s account with unknown sourcing.

Either way, AJF has a track record of not being able to navigate normal, rational adult interactions and decision making very well.

He should see Dr. Lexus; be reminded there's plenty of 'tards out there living really kick ass lives.

Hey AJ, how's it hangin'?

Reactions: danoftw
This reminded me so much of a CA trip during COVID in Nov 2020 where my wife and I were walking on a nearly deserted Santa Monica beach in the early morning and this woman starts screaming at us to mask up. "why thank you ma'am, have a nice day". My sarcasm didn't work lol.

All the while there was a homeless encampment not 50 yards away where needles were left all over the beach. Priorities.

On second thought, maybe she thought I looked somewhat rational and not likely to knife her for the shout. Always go for the patsy in a fight. I guess I was the patsy.
Paul had a woman yell at him once, might be the same lady???
Were you hitting on her like he did??

Well....AJ does wear a diaper when he lifts weights. Likely the strain(Bad Form) caused an explosion in said diaper and the guy complaining was saying "load" instead of loud.
Stop kink shaming... We don't do that here.

On second thought, maybe she thought I looked somewhat rational and not likely to knife her for the shout. Always go for the PANSY in a fight. I guess I was the PANSY.
I fixed your mistake.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT