ADVERTISEMENT

U20 and U23 Trials Thread

Howard probably going to lose to Volk, trailing 9-3 very late. There's a challenge, not clear for what, but score will either be 9-5 or 10-3 with :11 remaining.

I’m sure it’s something I’m doing, but why can’t I seem to find Facundo on the brackets?

Really great win from Levi. Henson is very very good and Levi completely shut him down. Very impressive. Kid is going to be great
Did any watch the absolute fade job from Paniro Johnson?!?! Was up 8-0 with 2 min left. Lost 18-8 and could barely stand at the end. He was so gassed.

Josh Barr has Matt Singleton next. Should be an incredible match. Singleton is very good. Singleton is number 13 in Flo’s p4p rankings and Barr is 15.
Also, Caleb Henson who Haines just teched is number 7 in the p4p rankings while Levi was 8.

Last edited:
Really great win from Levi. Henson is very very good and Levi completely shut him down. Very impressive. Kid is going to be great
Did any watch the absolute fade job from Paniro Johnson?!?! Was up 8-0 with 2 min left. Lost 18-8 and could barely stand at the end. He was so gassed.
I watched it. Paniro got the first 4 TDs (3 in first, 1 in the first minute of the 2nd). Was way too quick for Rathjen and just dominating. Then he hits the wall with 2 minutes to go, gives up a TD, calls for injury for a bit (looked like he was indicating a "groin" injury) trying to get a breather, and then proceeds to give up another TD in a matter of seconds and then it was over quickly. Rathjen smelled blood and poured it on.

The Iowa style still works its magic against some programs...

I watched it. Paniro got the first 4 TDs (3 in first, 1 in the first minute of the 2nd). Was way too quick for Rathjen and just dominating. Then he hits the wall with 2 minutes to go, gives up a TD, calls for injury for a bit (looked like he was indicating a "groin" injury) trying to get a breather, and then proceeds to give up another TD in a matter of seconds and then it was over quickly. Rathjen smelled blood and poured it on.

The Iowa style still works its magic against some programs...
Conditioning won’t work against technique and conditioning. #sorrynotsorry

Are there only 2 guys entered at 97kg in U20 or is the bracket messed up on Flo? It’s only showing 2 kids and no Christian Carroll.

doesn't look like we have any matches in the near future. Good day so far despite the dissapointing loss by Howard.

Last edited:
One interesting 1st round result was Ed Scott vs. Ryan Anderson. Score was tied 10-10 when Anderson was disqualified for fleeing the mat (after other cautions). But I think it's good to see him hang w/ Scott--looks pretty fit even.

Reactions: donboy6499
One interesting 1st round result was Ed Scott vs. Ryan Anderson. Score was tied 10-10 when Anderson was disqualified for fleeing the mat (after other cautions). But I think it's good to see him hang w/ Scott--looks pretty fit even.
Saw that result but hadn’t seen the match.
Nice to see him back in the saddle with the big boys.

Reactions: nerfstate
Depending on how Howard looks in his wrestleback matches, it might further confirm he is just McKee 2.0 right now and can't wrestle off the scale with a tough cut. Makes sense he might not be in the best wrestling shape either since he's been out of commission for so long.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT