ADVERTISEMENT

U23 worlds

Any thoughts on how AB/Yaz would end up?
I strongly feel like we have the 2 best 86 guys in the world in SC.
I previously thought Yazdani would win and be a bit too physical but AB looks huge and I can’t see him being pushed around by anyone..besides maybe DT. I still might lean Yazdani at least in the first match but after AB feels him I think he wins the next match. I hope we get to see it! Who do you see it playing out?

5-4 win over a guy who didn't place at seniors and now he's gonna beat Yazdani?

DT makes you guys forget how good that guy is.
That's a bit disingenuous to just dismiss Bagaev as "a guy who didn't place at Seniors." Yeah, he lost to the Kazak who is a 2x world bronze and got eliminated when Taylor beat him, but Bagaev won Russian nationals over Gadzhi and has some other nice wins and is probably a top 5 type guy in the world.

Now, I get it that Yazdani would absolutely be the favorite, but the win over Bagaev, coupled with the win over Zahid, and given Aaron's progression, I'm not sure that by 2024 Brooks couldn't be 2nd in the world if he decided to compete for Monaco or something. I wouldn't bet against it.

Comical how the brain trust on GIA think Brooks is very vulnerable at 197.😆
Ferrari does know how to apply The Brunson.

EtPSd2AWQAEgJHH.jpg

5-4 win over a guy who didn't place at seniors and now he's gonna beat Yazdani?

DT makes you guys forget how good that guy is.
DT really does make everyone forget just how great Yazdani is. If not for Taylor Yazdani might have went down as one of the greatest ever. I think very highly of AB and his progression so I think it would be a match but Yazdani has a different feel than almost anyone. I just hope we get to see it at some point

DT really does make everyone forget just how great Yazdani is. If not for Taylor Yazdani might have went down as one of the greatest ever. I think very highly of AB and his progression so I think it would be a match but Yazdani has a different feel than almost anyone. I just hope we get to see it at some point
Doesnt Wrestlestat still have Yaz ahead of DT?

Flo did have that guy ranked 3rd in the world this year--but yeah, I'd call Yazdani the favorite against anyone not named Taylor until my eyes tell me different.
IDK. After seeing Brooks give Taylor all he could handle at Final X in Newark this year, I'd say Yazdani and Brooks is too close to call with any degree of certainty.

The US team showed out. Great performance. That said, the Russian team was on another level. They aren’t allowed to win a team medal but if they were they would have easily won gold beating the US team by 41 points. They scored points in every weight and won 5 golds. Pretty crazy that 9 out of 10 weights were won by one of our 2 countries

Good God, Amit is an animal. I went back and watched her road to the Semis this morning. She hasn't even broken a sweat. 2 matches, 0:35 total of mat time. 2 Over-Under Hip Tosses, and that's all she wrote. It really doesn't even seem fair to have her competing against these women.

Good God, Amit is an animal. I went back and watched her road to the Semis this morning. She hasn't even broken a sweat. 2 matches, 0:35 total of mat time. 2 Over-Under Hip Tosses, and that's all she wrote. It really doesn't even seem fair to have her competing against these women.
Shoot, roughly half of her first match was the official committee meeting to decide whether or not to call the fall.

Shoot, roughly half of her first match was the official committee meeting to decide whether or not to call the fall.
Yes, she had the fall in about :08.

Honest question for debate: Is Amit going to go down as the greatest American wrestler of all time? Not the greatest women's wrestler, but the greatest, period. She's dominating at a level we haven't seen domestically before.

Honest question for debate: Is Amit going to go down as the greatest American wrestler of all time? Not the greatest women's wrestler, but the greatest, period. She's dominating at a level we haven't seen domestically before.
She has to maintain a longevity of passion in the sport like JB to get there, but if she does, she will.

I think as long as she stays healthy, She'll run away with being the best to ever do it. She's 19 and already has 7 age-level World Championships (likely 8 after tomorrow), with 2 of them being Senior level. Physically, women just can't keep up with her strength. I think she ends up shattering all U.S. records before it's all said and done.

Seriously, guys, let's tone it down. No need to put the whammy on her. Let's keep on the right side of the juju here with her. Any Iowa fan can tell you what happens when you don't.

FreVpnDX0AA7TqK

Olympic weight classes might force her up against women who can negate her strength. A little bit. Maybe. Or she just keeps destroying.

Reactions: zzs006 and js8793
I think as long as she stays healthy, She'll run away with being the best to ever do it. She's 19 and already has 7 age-level World Championships (likely 8 after tomorrow), with 2 of them being Senior level. Physically, women just can't keep up with her strength. I think she ends up shattering all U.S. records before it's all said and done.
Wouldn't be surprised to see her jump to MMA sooner than we'd like. She's very into combat sports.

Choluj from Poland pretty much slowed Amit down by grabbing the elbow and holding on for dear life. Can't believe she didn't get put on the clock in the match. It seems like the best opponents can do against Amit - slow her down.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT