ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Southern Scuffle Thread

Someone else may have already commented on this. But it's a bit ironic that Starocci is wearing Hall's singlet at the Scuffle in his first year. As we all remember, Hall forgot his singlet his first year at the Scuffle and had to borrow one from a local HS.

“We all” ?? I cant remember what decade we’re in let alone who wore who’s singlet 5 years ago.

Any chance you can use that math equation of yours and give us an approximation on what time you think bout 419 will happen?
Looks like they're running Round of 16 and 2nd Round of Consi's at the same time. Assuming this is correct, I'd say a couple (2) hours from now, or a bit before 5:00. If it changes, I'll get back to ya.

Last edited:
No, I wouldn't agree. Riding time points are not awarded until the end of the 3rd period … so in this case, no riding time point, pretty sure. Great question.

Correct, this came up in threads WAY BACK WHEN about what was the most points you could win by. Riding time point is only awarded if the match goes to the end of regulation time.

Reactions: nitlion6
Looks like they're running Round of 16 and 2nd Round of Consi's at the same time. Assuming this is correct, I'd say a couple (2) hours from now. If it changes, I'll get back to ya.
Schedule says Rd. of 16 at 2:15 EST so they are seemingly running behind. Running Consi of 32 on all mats now.

According to the bracket numbers, Rd of 16 then 2nd rd. of cons. by weight. So 125 rd16, 125 2ndCons, 133 rd16...
Not going by bout number. Looks like 125 R16, then 133 R16, then 141 R16, and on and on.

Should be just before 5:00, maybe as early as 4:45 for Joe Lee to hit he mat.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoVaLion2
No. I have seen PSU kids do this numerous times over the last 10 years and once in a blue moon while a ref calls an illegal headlock and Casey is almost always the one explaining it to the ref.

Is this the one Cenzo uses a lot? Like a crossface from behind with hands locked on tricep, followed by a quick crank? Just trying to picture what is being discussed . . .

In other news looks like minn will roll Auburn and I am still upset Penn state isn’t playing tonight in the Rose bowl

Reactions: liex26
Correct, this came up in threads WAY BACK WHEN about what was the most points you could win by. Riding time point is only awarded if the match goes to the end of regulation time.

This seems weird, but if it were not the rule it would “technically” be possible for a losing wrestler to have riding time and lose by tech fall - if the point is added all of a sudden it’s a 14 point tech fall.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT