ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Southern Scuffle Thread

According to the FLO schedule, Quarters are tonight at 7:30

Good tests for the lads.

165: Joe Lee vs. Thomas Bullard (14-2... WrestleStat #12, Flo #11)
174: Starocci vs. Spencer Carey (7-2... WrestleStat #23, Flo #24)
197: Beard vs. Nick Reenen (1-0... WrestleStat #6, Flo #11)

He definitely is a Hit o Miss Kid....After the Match he Gave Nolf all those years ago I would have guessed he would have been alot more consistently good at this point. In his defense, Injury is probably the reason but I don't discount the Pressure of being a legends son. I think his Debut against NOLF probably created alot of hype around him he did not need as being compared to his father already...very tough to overcome for anyone no matter what the talent level.
He has been closing the gap ever since.

Lee has #3 Bullard tonight. Win, and #2 Skidgel (semi), and #1 Griffith (finals) are still alive.

Starocci has #3 Carey (NAVY). Win and he has an easier road (seed-wise), as #1 and #2 both lost. Highest seeded guy in his half is #7 Richards (VMI) after Carey. On the top-half, it's #4 Sherry (RID).

Beard gets #3 Reenan (NCST). Win and it's likely #2 Traxler (STAN) in semi, and Geer (OKST) in the finals.

Now it's off to our good luck New Year's Day dinner!!

Enjoy! And thanks again

mSagxo2NfXpYp8i16
You're forgetting something obvious here ... :(

Flo not showing scoring for the unattached wrestlers. Anyone on here understand the scoring well enough to tell me how many these three would have?

Reactions: kevin310
Northern Colorado in 1st place at the scuffle. Doesn't Okie State have most of their guys wrestling?

sorry my friend. It went right over my head. Gotta love these freshmen. Looks like we have some good ones in the depth chart!
No problemo

If eye oh way doesn’t get it done this year they ain’t gonna for the next several years with these young men

Reactions: I.J.W.T.
No problemo

If eye oh way doesn’t get it done this year they ain’t gonna for the next several years with these young men

Granted, these 3 will make an immediate impact next year, I believe Iowa will be even better.
They lose Lugo only, right, and gain Eireman.

I noticed that #2 seed Tariq Wilson of NCS lost in R16 to OSU's back-up (Hone) 6-4. Boy, I remember him at NCAA's as a FR and he was so slick, finishing 3rd at 133. He dominated (MD wins) over both Brock and Pletcher that year. Not sure what's going on with him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT