Neutral start
TAKEDOWN, 3rd of the bout, now 7-0
Cuts him, 7-1
TAKEDOWN, 9-1
Cuts him again
TAKEDOWN, 11-2
And after the RT Point is added, it ends 12-2 Major Decision

Last edited:
How old is the Kid doing the commentary on the Lee Match? He is pretty good if he is as young as he sounds. Joe lee looks amazing by the way...Damn he is impressive as it was the first time I got to see him in actual action this year. He has jumped a Level!!!

Michael Beard vs #6 Pagano (RUT)

1st Period
Beard TAKEDOWN in less than 10 seconds, up 2-0
Now over 1 min RT
Now over 2 min RT
Stalling on Pagano
Period ends

2nd Period
Beard chooses bottom
Stall on Pagano, correct call as he leads Beard OB, score now 3-0
Pagano riding tough, half-way through 2
REVERSAL at :15 left in period, Beard up 5-0
End of 2

3rd Period
Pagano takes neutral
Another stall on Pagano, 6-0 Beard
Halfway through the period
COUNTER-TAKEDOWN, Beard up 8-0
And the period ends
With the RT Point, it's a 9-0 Major Decision

Last edited:
Starocci wins 12-2, Joe Smith loses 7-2 to De La 'Riva NDST
Smith is hard to figure out. Sometimes he can look so good, and other times. . . I realize this is his first time back this year, so we'll cut him a little slack. But throughout his career he can look great sometimes, and very so-so other times. I remember last year at the Scuffle he gave Hall all he could handle in the finals. Smith beat McFadden decisively in the semis. He almost beats Marinelli in 1st round at the NCAA's and then doesn't even place. We'll see how his senior year goes--he has so much talent.

Smith is hard to figure out. Sometimes he can look so good, and other times. . . I realize this is his first time back this year, so we'll cut him a little slack. But throughout his career he can look great sometimes, and very so-so other times. I remember last year at the Scuffle he gave Hall all he could handle in the finals. Smith beat McFadden decisively in the semis. He almost beats Marinelli in 1st round at the NCAA's and then doesn't even place. We'll see how his senior year goes--he has so much talent.

He definitely is a Hit o Miss Kid....After the Match he Gave Nolf all those years ago I would have guessed he would have been alot more consistently good at this point. In his defense, Injury is probably the reason but I don't discount the Pressure of being a legends son. I think his Debut against NOLF probably created alot of hype around him he did not need as being compared to his father already...very tough to overcome for anyone no matter what the talent level.

Reactions: Afw6006
Similar to Starocci, Michael didn't get NF but absolutely hammered his opponent from the top position. Forced 3 stall calls on Pagano. Majors him 9-0.

Nice win for Mr Beard

Sure these are going to be later...
Schedule
7:30 PM - Championship Quarterfinals & 4th Round of Consolations

Last edited:
Reactions: Str8DBLz
He definitely is a Hit o Miss Kid....After the Match he Gave Nolf all those years ago I would have guessed he would have been alot more consistently good at this point. In his defense, Injury is probably the reason but I don't discount the Pressure of being a legends son. I think his Debut against NOLF probably created alot of hype around him he did not need as being compared to his father already...very tough to overcome for anyone no matter what the talent level.
I was at the Scuffle for that first match between Smith and Nolf, and Smith sure looked slick that night, even in a losing effort!

Reactions: manmythlegend1
Lee has #3 Bullard tonight. Win, and #2 Skidgel (semi), and #1 Griffith (finals) are still alive.

Starocci has #3 Carey (NAVY). Win and he has an easier road (seed-wise), as #1 and #2 both lost. Highest seeded guy in his half is #7 Richards (VMI) after Carey. On the top-half, it's #4 Sherry (RID).

Beard gets #3 Reenan (NCST). Win and it's likely #2 Traxler (STAN) in semi, and #1Geer (OKST) in the finals.

Now it's off to our good luck New Year's Day dinner!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT