ADVERTISEMENT

2021-2023 Transfer Portal news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucas placed 5th at PIAAs as a soph and a junior. Not a finalist yet but hopefully next season.
Correct. My bad. But both Lucas and Landon have steadily improved every year...while neither has the phenom pedigree of a Lilledahl or a Forrest or a Bassett, to me I see 2 wrestlers who are going to have bright futures in D1 competition and eventually stand on an NCAA podium. M2 will see to that!

Reactions: hlstone and mcpat
Wyatt Henson to Lock Haven. Monster pick up for LHU
The Moore's gave total credit to Henson and had a poor relationship with Sunderland at PSU. This makes a whole lot of sense. Sammy was a nomad as a coach as well. LHU is doing a great job job of building their team. Did they increase their scholarship number or are they they getting some NIL money?

The Moore's gave total credit to Henson and had a poor relationship with Sunderland at PSU. This makes a whole lot of sense. Sammy was a nomad as a coach as well. LHU is doing a great job job of building their team. Did they increase their scholarship number or are they they getting some NIL money?
I am not sure about their finances, but they are consistently getting top District 1 guys due to their connection with Marstellar and his club. Stellar Trained in the east and M2 in central PA give them 2 huge recruiting pools of elite kids

I am not sure about their finances, but they are consistently getting top District 1 guys due to their connection with Marstellar and his club. Stellar Trained in the east and M2 in central PA give them 2 huge recruiting pools of elite kids
Last I heard (a couple years ago), LHU was in the range of 7.0 to 7.5 scholarships. Which is a heckuva recovery from the Sharon Taylor regime.

Lower tuition and cost of living are also to their benefit.

Reactions: nitlion6 and mcpat
They're killing it lately..they also got Lucas Fye for the future at 133 and are in the lead for Landon Bainey as future 125. Both are M2 kids and PIAA finalists.
Wish they could pick up some good middle weight guys. Would love to see PSU first and lhi second at nationals lol. I know I know that's a stretch. Loooooong stretch. But a man can hope

Wish they could pick up some good middle weight guys. Would love to see PSU first and lhi second at nationals lol. I know I know that's a stretch. Loooooong stretch. But a man can hope
The Haven is getting better every year...they're like the triple A team for the PSU dynasty, with Clarion the double A franchise

Reactions: Sullivan
The Haven is getting better every year...they're like the triple A team for the PSU dynasty, with Clarion the double A franchise
I truly believe in this day and age they could get back to the glory days they seem to recruit fairly well. They just need a couple hammers in the middle and keep building

Do either of these guys really move the needle?

This is Franek's 6th year. Not a great track record in the Iowa room for those guys. And he's a 1-time AA. Is he significantly better than a healthy Cobe Siebrecht?

As for Caliendo, he overlaps with PK in both weight and eligibility, right?
Franek is legit. He is a real national title contender at 57 next year. I have no idea what they are doing with PK and Caliendo

Saw this when visiting their site a few minutes ago. More spice in the pie, I guess. Also noticed that the GIA bouncer must’ve finally let me in. I doubt I’ll be there long. Just need to get my AJ jab in, likely on their Way too early 2024-25 lineup thread. May not even waste time to respond to any outrage. What’s that song? If I don’t come back, don’t come lookin’

Franek and Caliendo to Iowa:
Bored Bugs Bunny GIF by MOODMAN

With a healthy Sebricht, not sure how much of an upgrade this is. But I also wouldn’t bet Sebricht is healthy through a whole year.

Franek is legit. He is a real national title contender at 57 next year. I have no idea what they are doing with PK and Caliendo
No. He is not a national title contender. He hasn't been one so far and it isn't like that room is known for developing national champions. He is possibly worth a few placement points that they weren't getting from last year's kid or the middle Ferrari.
Caliendo will not displace Kennedy, mostly because he isn't versed well enough in the push, shove, win by a point style.

Do either of these guys really move the needle?

This is Franek's 6th year. Not a great track record in the Iowa room for those guys. And he's a 1-time AA. Is he significantly better than a healthy Cobe Siebrecht?

As for Caliendo, he overlaps with PK in both weight and eligibility, right?
Backfills for some gambling suspensions may be the biggest factor

This feels like a legit take. That and Tom trying to look like a real program like PSU or Michigan. The whole Iowa thing seems pretty tired and in decline. With any luck they continue to trophy while PSU continues to lead the world.
TnT have been damn good at keeping their program trophy worthy and I doubt they do not keep collecting those 3rd and 4th place trophies. First and second place finishes are now statistical outliers, but they will continue to effectively compete for 3rd.

Last edited:
Returning points:
PSU 143.0
Iowa 65.5
Cornell 62.0
Missouri 61.0
NC State 48.0

Iowa includes Franek and Caliendo, excludes Siebrecht and Kennedy since at the same weights as the new guys.

Last year: Franek 13.5, Siebrecht 1.5; Caliendo 6.5, Kennedy 1.5.

Returning points:
PSU 143.0
Iowa 65.5
Cornell 62.0
Missouri 61.0
NC State 48.0

Iowa includes Franek and Caliendo, excludes Siebrecht and Kennedy since at the same weights as the new guys.

Last year: Franek 13.5, Siebrecht 1.5; Caliendo 6.5, Kennedy 1.5.
Great, now we have nothing to argue about!! You stat guys always havta ruin everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT