ADVERTISEMENT

2021 NCAAs Session 6 (Finals) Thread

Great coverage overall for the championships, but once again ESPN screws the pooch on the award presentations. Why is it they show all of the individual awards for the other sports, but for some reason can’t manage to fit it in for wrestling? #getaclue

I think part of his snark came from his discussion with one of the Brands Bozos right after he won. Looked like his coach was giving him shit about something, neither were smiling.

Even going up to get team trophy Brands looked like a miserable prick and their team didn’t look line a team that just won team Natty.

Thank goodness for our staff and their demeanor.

He came across dickish to me. A departure from his typical classy demeanor. He seems to have regressed as a person while Desantos has improved as a person.
The interview was disappointing and unnecessary. He just won his third title wrestling on two bum knees, and his team won, too. Doesn't get much better than that.

Not so sure about AD. He apparently threatened to kill a female media aide and as a punishment wasn’t allowed to participate in the medal ceremony. IMO, he got off easy.

These finals were terrible tho and I didn’t have a dog in the fight. Damn near every match had one guy wrestling and one guy with his heals on the white line. It was bad. Not gonna win any fans with nights like tonight.

The interview was disappointing and unnecessary. He just won his third title wrestling on two bum knees, and his team won, too. Doesn't get much better than that.

Not so sure about AD. He apparently threatened to kill a female media aide and as a punishment wasn’t allowed to participate in the medal ceremony. IMO, he got off easy.

Seriously, he has shown a lot of improvement in my albeit limited observations of his actions the last few years. I guess I didn't see enough of his actions or he had a major relapse. Too bad.

Reactions: Tjsch1
I loved the look on Eiermann's face after he lost and realized Yianni will be back next year. Nick just has to handle him at Big 10s and he'll be on the wrong side of the bracket (if he even bothers to come back)

Reactions: diggerpup
The big guys are often like boxers and sprinters. Trash talkin' self-promoting dudes. I guess that is part of the show. Arguably started with Mohammed Ali.
Not arguable at all. Muhammed openly stated he wanted to emulate pro wrestlers.

Consider the source but......
I'm almost to the point that I think it's a "problem" with medications. And now the devious side to me so turn away if you dont want to watch but Desanto wrestles like a complete beast when he's pissed off. The entire year he didnt have that edge to him until Nationals. Now If I were a like a Hawk fan (more specifically...Vodka) I'd think they took him off his meds to get that edge back.

Ok... pile on.

Congratulations to Iowa for winning its first team title in 11 years. Too bad PSU owned the night and will be remembered more for its performance than this Iowa team. Wrestling is an individual sport, your job as coach is to help your athletes reach their goals. Brands failed.

Eierman went to Iowa to win a national championship, oops lost to the PSU guy (BTN even included him in an "On the Mat" episode). Kemerer has been the good soldier at Iowa, oops lost to a PSU guy. Marinelli, another #1 seed, losses in the quarter finals again (at least it wasn't against a PSU guy). No wonder they are a little bitter.

If you are an elite recruit, what program are you more interested in? The one with the team title and 1 champion or the one with 4 champions, 2 of them head to head against Iowa avenging earlier losses. Obvious answer.

In the words of Tanner Boyle "You can take your trophy and shove it", PSU back on top next year.

Yeah 2nd place is an insult, but before winning this one the hawks only managed one 2nd place in a decade
Everybody keeps saying "in decade". The last 10 champs are Penn State with 8, Ohio State with 1 and Iowa with 1. Until today they had not won shit in a decade. It has been 11 years since they won a championship.
It probably won't happen again until 3 or 4 years after Spencer takes over.

Good thread tonight gentlemen. Better than the test board or the recruiting thread bickering. Too bad it’s over til next year.

The "test board!" Could you imagine if your first board posting experience was there? You'd never fking return for a second visit! LMAOOOOOOO!

Reactions: dsites52
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT