ADVERTISEMENT

2022-23 Transfer Portal Thread

No prob. Was joking myself.
reminds me of the time I was taking a bus to the airport lot after landing. There were about four other people on the bus. I was looking out the front windshield when I started to hear slapping and thumping noises. it turns out the rest of the people on the bus were using sign language and got into an argument. They were signing so hard they were hitting themselves. I didn't know what to do but figured it was just a simple argument as long as you are hitting yourself and nobody else.

Not to interrupt the discussion about fonts but northwestern's top WR Malik Washington 65 rec 694 yards 1 TD is in the portal. May not be what we are looking for though at only 5'9 192.

Also seeing that Caleb Williams of USC is now tweeting dont'e Thornton. Seems like a lot of competition there.

Reactions: Obliviax
Not to interrupt the discussion about fonts but northwestern's top WR Malik Washington 65 rec 694 yards 1 TD is in the portal. May not be what we are looking for though at only 5'9 192.

Also seeing that Caleb Williams of USC is now tweeting dont'e Thornton. Seems like a lot of competition there.
smile-font.gif

two DMV guys, would not surprise me if he ends up at USC

Reactions: tlbakernc
The way the information was presented with Driver was unusual. His comfort was mentioned. How often does that occur? I don't remember Wilson's comfort being mentioned when he went from CB to WR back to CB.

Safety should see some attrition. A big class coming in, the #s there. Nobody predicted Rudolph leaving last year. I can see 1 leaving beyond Tig. I don't think it occurs here until spring.

WR will see some attrition, particularly if they have portal ambition like we all assume. Dottin seems likely, his playing time shrunk. I'd say one of the true freshman and or Meiga could be as well. Again, I think this depends on the portal.
Driver to WR can't be a bad thing. Really hopes it works out for him.

Looks like you forgot Vanover who came on down the stretch this season, and Robinson is reportedly targeted for LB.

I believe DDS played the last games but only 1 tackle vs Rutgers and none vs MSU.
Looks like everyone forgot Townley 6-6, 267, and growing. The size we need against UM/OSU. He played well the few time he got in this year.

Is there something going on with him?

Looks like everyone forgot Townley 6-6, 267, and growing. The size we need against UM/OSU. He played well the few time he got in this year.

Is there something going on with him?

Young. RS Freshman. Came in about 230 ish best I remember.

He's probably still not strong enough yet. Saw him late one game and he just got pancaked twice. Then on two other plays, he got over his guys face and made 1 tackle and forced another run inside.

If he sticks, he'll probably hit the 2 deep next year. Good trajectory for a kid with a basketball frame.

I think the first guy we get will be the DT from Western Michigan...in fact I'm calling that right now. I'm on a roll after correctly calling Penn State to the Rose Bowl.

Don't sleep on Parker Washington. Hes still going to be the number one guy and hes shown a great ability to catch the 50/50 ball. The problem has been we haven't had a quarterback get the ball in the right position. Most are too long. His yards after catch are amazing.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
WR Theo Wease: Oklahoma ⟶ ??. The now-former Oklahoma wide receiver was a five-star recruit according to Rivals and a consensus top 25 overall prospect by most services, catching 19 passes for 378 yards and 4 TDs this season, and had 1,044 yards and 10 touchdowns in his career.

WR Traeshon Holden: Alabama ⟶ ??. Holden, originally a top 50 overall recruit from California, was second on the Crimson Tide with 6 touchdown catches and was fourth with 331 receiving yards.

QB Hudson Card: Texas ⟶ ??. The quarterback lost the competition to Quinn Ewers coming into this season but still saw action after Ewers' injury, passing for 928 yards and six touchdowns. He has 11 TDs and 2 picks in his career.

QB Alex Padilla: Iowa ⟶ ??. Despite sitting behind Spencer Petras, the backup appeared in two games this year, losses to Ohio State and Nebraska, and in his Hawkeye career has three TD passes and four interceptions.

WR Dominic Lovett: Missouri ⟶ ??. The sophomore wide receiver was sixth in the SEC with 56 catches and third with 846 receiving yards, scoring three of the team's 12 passing touchdowns on the year.

QB Cade McNamara: Michigan ⟶ ??. The quarterback helped revive Michigan's fortunes last season, helping lead the program to its first College Football Playoff berth, throwing for over 2,500 yards with 15 scores and 6 picks before losing the job to J.J. McCarthy early in 2022 and then suffering a leg injury that needed surgery.

WR Dont'e Thornton: Oregon ⟶ ??. The sophomore wideout was fourth on the Ducks in receiving production, catching 17 passes for 366 yards and a touchdown.

QB Jeff Sims: Georgia Tech ⟶ ??. A three-year starter for the Yellow Jackets, Sims started the first seven games of this season before injuring his foot. He has 4,464 career passing yards with 30 touchdowns and 23 interceptions.

QB Hank Bachmeier: Boise State ⟶ ??. The Broncos' four-year starter at quarterback has over 6,000 career passing yards with 41 touchdowns and 19 picks and should have two years of eligibility left.

LB Justin Wright: Tulsa ⟶ ??. The linebacker had 101 tackles with 10.5 tackles for loss, two sacks, and two intercepted passes this season.

QB Davis Brin: Tulsa ⟶ ??. Brin decided to transfer after Tulsa fired head coach Phillip Montgomery. He passed for 2,138 yards in nine games while hitting 59.2% of his passes for 17 touchdowns and eight interceptions.

QB Malik Hornsby: Arkansas ⟶ ??. The redshirt sophomore from Texas played in 15 games over the last two seasons and started his first game this year against LSU. He's 18 of 39 passing in his career with one score and two picks and is known as a skilled runner, adding 307 yards rushing on 52 attempts.

CB Avery Helm: Florida ⟶ ??. The corner started four games for the Gators early in the year before seeing more limited action, not playing in the final two games of the season. The former 4-star from Texas had a pass breakup.

QB Connor Bazelak: Indiana ⟶ ??. The former Missouri transfer played most of the season as IU's starter, hitting under 60% of his passes in seven games, passing for 13 scores and 10 picks.

RB Byron Cardwell: Oregon ⟶ ??. In two years with the Ducks, the former 4-star prospect was set to take a larger role after playing well as a true freshman after CJ Verdell's injury in 2021, but Cardwell played in just two games this season, running for a touchdown on 11 attempts.

Best players moving 2023

WR Theo Wease: Oklahoma ⟶ ??. The now-former Oklahoma wide receiver was a five-star recruit according to Rivals and a consensus top 25 overall prospect by most services, catching 19 passes for 378 yards and 4 TDs this season, and had 1,044 yards and 10 touchdowns in his career.

WR Traeshon Holden: Alabama ⟶ ??. Holden, originally a top 50 overall recruit from California, was second on the Crimson Tide with 6 touchdown catches and was fourth with 331 receiving yards.

QB Hudson Card: Texas ⟶ ??. The quarterback lost the competition to Quinn Ewers coming into this season but still saw action after Ewers' injury, passing for 928 yards and six touchdowns. He has 11 TDs and 2 picks in his career.

QB Alex Padilla: Iowa ⟶ ??. Despite sitting behind Spencer Petras, the backup appeared in two games this year, losses to Ohio State and Nebraska, and in his Hawkeye career has three TD passes and four interceptions.

WR Dominic Lovett: Missouri ⟶ ??. The sophomore wide receiver was sixth in the SEC with 56 catches and third with 846 receiving yards, scoring three of the team's 12 passing touchdowns on the year.

QB Cade McNamara: Michigan ⟶ ??. The quarterback helped revive Michigan's fortunes last season, helping lead the program to its first College Football Playoff berth, throwing for over 2,500 yards with 15 scores and 6 picks before losing the job to J.J. McCarthy early in 2022 and then suffering a leg injury that needed surgery.

WR Dont'e Thornton: Oregon ⟶ ??. The sophomore wideout was fourth on the Ducks in receiving production, catching 17 passes for 366 yards and a touchdown.

QB Jeff Sims: Georgia Tech ⟶ ??. A three-year starter for the Yellow Jackets, Sims started the first seven games of this season before injuring his foot. He has 4,464 career passing yards with 30 touchdowns and 23 interceptions.

QB Hank Bachmeier: Boise State ⟶ ??. The Broncos' four-year starter at quarterback has over 6,000 career passing yards with 41 touchdowns and 19 picks and should have two years of eligibility left.

LB Justin Wright: Tulsa ⟶ ??. The linebacker had 101 tackles with 10.5 tackles for loss, two sacks, and two intercepted passes this season.

QB Davis Brin: Tulsa ⟶ ??. Brin decided to transfer after Tulsa fired head coach Phillip Montgomery. He passed for 2,138 yards in nine games while hitting 59.2% of his passes for 17 touchdowns and eight interceptions.

QB Malik Hornsby: Arkansas ⟶ ??. The redshirt sophomore from Texas played in 15 games over the last two seasons and started his first game this year against LSU. He's 18 of 39 passing in his career with one score and two picks and is known as a skilled runner, adding 307 yards rushing on 52 attempts.

CB Avery Helm: Florida ⟶ ??. The corner started four games for the Gators early in the year before seeing more limited action, not playing in the final two games of the season. The former 4-star from Texas had a pass breakup.

QB Connor Bazelak: Indiana ⟶ ??. The former Missouri transfer played most of the season as IU's starter, hitting under 60% of his passes in seven games, passing for 13 scores and 10 picks.

RB Byron Cardwell: Oregon ⟶ ??. In two years with the Ducks, the former 4-star prospect was set to take a larger role after playing well as a true freshman after CJ Verdell's injury in 2021, but Cardwell played in just two games this season, running for a touchdown on 11 attempts.

Best players moving 2023
Lots of QBs in there……and none of them are going to transfer to Penn State. They want to play and play a lot. Going to be extremely difficult to get any QB to transfer here.

After that perfect TD pass he threw Saturday, we need to get KeAndre Lambert-Smith a lot of practice time as emergency QB. Bet he played some in high school. Also bet he could scramble and run with the best of them!

Lots of QBs in there……and none of them are going to transfer to Penn State. They want to play and play a lot. Going to be extremely difficult to get any QB to transfer here.

After that perfect TD pass he threw Saturday, we need to get KeAndre Lambert-Smith a lot of practice time as emergency QB. Bet he played some in high school. Also bet he could scramble and run with the best of them!
We have plenty of players that played QB in High School. Omari Evans, Tyler Warren, and Mason Stahl were all QB's and that is just off the top of my head. I am sure we have more.

He is the burner that we could use.......would love him as the top end guy.....and perhaps a 6'2" big guy with great hands.

We need someone who can blow by man to man coverage to make defenses pay for bringing 8 in the box to stop the run.
A young guy like Allar is going to need a big target with great hands. Allar will likely struggle with accuracy in year one. Having that big body that can adjust to the ball would be a big help.

Rhode Island offensive tackle Ajani Cornelius entered the transfer portal Tuesday, which was followed by a handful of Power 5 schools offering him including Nebraska.

Along with an offer from the Cornhuskers, Cornelius has also received Power 5 offers from Missouri, Virginia, Washington State, West Virginia, and Kansas. He’s also received offers from Group of 5 programs in Cincinnati, Marshall, Temple, and Akron, bringing his number of total offers to 10 in his short period of time in the transfer portal.

Cornelius is a 6-foot-4, 315-pound offensive tackle that started all 11 games in the past two seasons for Rhode Island at the right tackle spot. He was an under-recruited prospect out of high school attending Archbishop Stepinac high school in White Plains, New York, receiving offers from Rhode Island, Bryant, Howard, and Hampton.

In the 2022 season, Cornelius earned First Team All-CAA Football honors, blocking for the third-highest scoring offense in the conference that averaged 30.6 points per game and 168.8 rushing yards per game. He received a 91.1% player grade according to Pro Football Focus, allowing just one sack in 528 snaps, a level of production that many programs could use up front heading into the 2023 season.

Don't sleep on Parker Washington. Hes still going to be the number one guy and hes shown a great ability to catch the 50/50 ball. The problem has been we haven't had a quarterback get the ball in the right position. Most are too long. His yards after catch are amazing.
Not sleeping on Parker. We still need a wr or 2 from the portal.

Going to make this into one large transfer portal thread. Good discussion so far.
For all the abuse CJF unjustifiably gets yet another area in which he and the staff have excelled is managing the transfer portal. They have consistently brought in guys, some of whom were good but others were stars immediately. Ebiketie, Tangelo, Chop, Tinsley etc. I expect the coaches will continue to do well with the portal, so absolutely no concern on my part.
Think we are really starting to see Franklin put things together as a talent evaluator with players and coaches. Wasn’t Olu a 3*?

And the legend of KLS continues to grow into the fog and myths of time.

Can maybe get a smart reliable qb from the ivy in case Drew goes down. No, I'm not comparing Pribula with Roberson...but they have about the same playing time so far. Check that, Roberson has taken a ton more snaps than Pribula.

Can maybe get a smart reliable qb from the ivy in case Drew goes down. No, I'm not comparing Pribula with Roberson...but they have about the same playing time so far. Check that, Roberson has taken a ton more snaps than Pribula.
In theory you would think that would be possible.

Problem I see is this:
1. What QB would leave their current situation to go and practice "in case" someone gets hurt?
2. What is to say an Ivy League QB, albeit a starter there, is better than Pribula?

I see the situation as it what it is and am thankful that Pibula will also be going through his second off season with the program. In my mind I think we have 2 3rd year QB's coming back next year.

Reactions: 81b&w

Problem I see is this:
1. What QB would leave their current situation to go and practice "in case" someone gets hurt?
2. What is to say an Ivy League QB, albeit a starter there, is better than Pribula?

I see the situation as it what it is and am thankful that Pibula will also be going through his second off season with the program. In my mind I think we have 2 3rd year QB's coming back next year.
How many guys do you think were better than Roberson going into 2021?

Don't let the same dog bite you twice.

Problem I see is this:

In my mind it's 2021 all over again if Drew gets hurt.

How many guys do you think were better than Roberson going into 2021?

Don't let the same dog bite you twice.
I always thought I was better than Roberson. Even in his mop up duty he didn't pass the eye test for me. I did at least think he could take a snap....boy was I wrong. I agree with you we need a buffer just in case....I just don't see any kid leaving their current situation to go be the back up at Penn State (or anywhere else for that matter).

I always thought I was better than Roberson. Even in his mop up duty he didn't pass the eye test for me. I did at least think he could take a snap....boy was I wrong. I agree with you we need a buffer just in case....I just don't see any kid leaving their current situation to go be the back up at Penn State (or anywhere else for that matter).
Harbaugh did it. So can Franklin.

In my mind it's 2021 all over again if Drew gets hurt.
I have a little more faith in Pribula than it being 2021. Would it be as special as I think it could be, no.....but I don't think it would be a disaster.

Your right, we need another QB in the room. An experienced QB, just don't know where we find them. Maybe they move Stahl back to QB and run a straight running QB offense because that kid can motor.

Think we are really starting to see Franklin put things together as a talent evaluator with players and coaches. Wasn’t Olu a 3*?
He was a 4 Star according to Rivals. Rated the #32 OT in the country coming out of high school. Wonder how the other 31 rated ahead of him have done.

Reactions: tlbakernc
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT