ADVERTISEMENT

Facundo #5 in Flo rankings

It’s a running joke between JS and I. So really, my point is none of your f****** business. Was I clear enough for you? :)
What word starts with an f, has 7 total letters and can be used as an adjective to modify the noun “business”?

Fabbest?
Faddish?
Fulvous?
Fubbery?
Fretful?
Foveate?

Reactions: 7brwnpsu
can nelson score consistently? no. is he extremely difficult to score on? yeah.

you guys act like starocci is some insane offensive juggernaut. he hasn't wrestled a single qualifier this year and still doesn't have 100% bonus lol
Hasn’t wrestled a single qualifier ? I guess you forgot that the first match he wrestled against Mekhi Lewis in which he didn’t cede a point against the number two guy in the country and former national champ!!!

Hasn’t wrestled a single qualifier ? I guess you forgot that the first match he wrestled against Mekhi Lewis in which he didn’t cede a point against the number two guy in the country and former national champ!!!
You don’t get major decisions by not ceding points. You have to score 8 more than your opponent. Most likely not going to against Brands who only ceded 3 points to the #2 ranked Labriola last Friday.

I hate it when you guys start this betting stuff.
All it does is cause more bad will, whether acknowledged or not.
If I were God I would outlaw betting.

Of course, if I were God, a lot of you would be in trouble anyway.

It’s for a good cause. The money is being donated to Wrestling for Life. You should check them out.
I know I’d be one of those in trouble, but just to be clear . . .

The betting, besides being for a good cause, was suggested for the purpose of actually bringing folks together. It’s easy to make predictions and blast away at others when there is no accountability on the table . . . but when you literally have to pay-up to acknowledge a “victory” by your “opponent”, it’s a humbled handshake that most likely wouldn’t happen otherwise. A reminder that we’re all in this wrestling thing together (like it or not 😉).

talking about his regular season. also he didn't score an offensive point in that match, something he managed last year. not helping your case. he's clearly regressed

• Haha
Reactions: Ski
Jesus. I’m losing it and still have over 48 hours until the dual!

jack-nicholson-creepy-smile.gif

Listen, if a Ref is going to swallow his whistle and allow blatant stalling (as happened in the match you reference), you could have that type of result. If Baby-Brands comes out and engages Storrucci, he's getting used, abused and pummeled. Any other questions Mr. Delusion?
He is only using actual facts to make his argument which holds merit. I’m the biggest PSU fan. But he’s actually using real results and data to make his argument and deserves a reasonable and measured response imho. That’s what we do on this board.

talking about his regular season. also he didn't score an offensive point in that match, something he managed last year. not helping your case. he's clearly regressed
So you also aren’t going to acknowledge Warner’s loss either ? I just stuck up for you in the other thread. Stop cherry picking the data.

Reactions: NittanyLion84
He is only using actual facts to make his argument which holds merit. I’m the biggest PSU fan. But he’s actually using real results and data to make his argument and deserves a reasonable and measured response imho. That’s what we do on this board.
you'd think i was pissing on a portrait of cael or something instead of merely saying "the guy who doesn't usually bonus top 20 wrestlers won't bonus a top 20 wrestler."

• Haha
Reactions: jmadden1998
So you also aren’t going to acknowledge Warner’s loss either ? I just stuck up for you in the other thread. Stop cherry picking the data.
i ignored it because we know he's not expected to major mekhi. i wouldn't hold him to that expectation. that match doesn't help or hurt my case. my point is that he's been picking up a lot of bonus this year, but all of it is against non-qualifier level wrestlers. i'm pointing out that he's had a weaker schedule than a lot of his teammates.

i could include the mekhi match and still say "he hasn't bonused a NQ this year."

I think Roar has it about right "...the most likely result is a Starocci decision, followed somewhat closely by it being a major decision, then a very slim chance it will be a pin or tech fall." My sense is most view it that way, with one notable exception. :eek:
DQ(B)?

i ignored it because we know he's not expected to major mekhi. i wouldn't hold him to that expectation. that match doesn't help or hurt my case. my point is that he's been picking up a lot of bonus this year, but all of it is against non-qualifier level wrestlers.
You made the point he hasn’t wrestled a single qualifier this year which is false.

You made the point he hasn’t wrestled a single qualifier this year which is false.
correct, i was going off his official record.

official correction: he has wrestled one qualifier this year.

new claim: he has scored ZERO offensive points against qualifiers all year.

it doesn't have any real bearing on the overall case.

Reactions: NCPsuFan
he's a legit top 15 guy
He is ranked 16th by Intermat. His official record for 2022-23 is 4-3. He lost to Rocky Jordan, who is presently ranked 14th.

Maybe if he was 100% healthy he'd be 'a legit top 15' (close to 15th). As it stands, I believe his surname while wearing an Iowa singlet reasonable explains his current ranking, which tends toward being overranked.

He is ranked 16th by Intermat. His official record for 2022-23 is 4-3. He lost to Rocky Jordan, who is presently ranked 14th.

Maybe if he was 100% healthy he'd be 'a legit top 15' (close to 15th). As it stands, I believe his surname while wearing an Iowa singlet reasonable explains his current ranking, which tends toward being overranked.
He beat Incontrera this year who is 22nd, so he's at least that high. He also just wrestled #2 Labriola to a 3-2 match. Regardless, he would be the highest ranked wrestler Starocci has ever bonused.

If Brands turtles up it will be hard to MAJ him; he’s a sound enough defensive wrestler that it’ll be hard to get enough TDs without back points to do it.

If he DOES actually wrestle, it might happen. Starocci put it on Hayden Hidlay 10-3 at NCAAs last year, and Hidlay is better in every possible way. Difference being Hidlay had to wrestle to win, as opposed to wrestling to avoid bonus.
LOL so Brands doesnt get majored,how many matches has he actually wrestled??I mean really try and wrestle??

Reactions: ccdiver
See, already making excuses. Nelson hand fights and doesn’t shoot often almost every match. Have you watched him wrestle? He lost to #2 Labriola 3-2 in a single takedown match. But I’ve already been told that Carter is light years ahead of Labriola. If that’s the case, then we could make the same claim that Carter winning a national title is because how weak the rest of the field is at 174, a la Spencer Lee at 125.
Did you just call Kemerer weak?

Wow, several great matchups and you guys keep getting trolled 🎣 wether C* is an offensive wrestler. Move the Fun on

I do know one thing, people referencing bonus rate from Starrocci's FR NC Season are spouting useless information. The "here & now" Carter Starocci is a very different animal then the one some want to keep referencing.
For clarity's sake can you and Js8793 confirm that you have a 10.00 bet on whether or not C*Star Majors Brands on Friday Night. With the proceeds going to Wrestling for life. No excuses, blames, addendums, asterisks etc. The bet is agreed on by both of you. I'll hold the money :) In the words of Capt. Kirk....Make it So :)

There doesn't seem to be much focus on what I view as the most critical match for Iowa. If Real Woods doesn't get the win for Iowa it could get ugly pretty quickly at The BJC for the Hawkeyes. Frankly, I don't think it is a great match-up for Woods either. Bartlett is tough to score on and has a gas tank. I think Woods needs at least a 3 point lead after 2 periods. I think Woods is the better wrestler right now, but conditioning is an issue for him currently.
If Iowa wins 141 and 149, then that puts the same kind of pressure on PSU in the 157 match. It should be an interesting night. Can't wait!

There doesn't seem to be much focus on what I view as the most critical match for Iowa. If Real Woods doesn't get the win for Iowa it could get ugly pretty quickly at The BJC for the Hawkeyes. Frankly, I don't think it is a great match-up for Woods either. Bartlett is tough to score on and has a gas tank. I think Woods needs at least a 3 point lead after 2 periods. I think Woods is the better wrestler right now, but conditioning is an issue for him currently.
If Iowa wins 141 and 149, then that puts the same kind of pressure on PSU in the 157 match. It should be an interesting night. Can't wait!
Very valid point. Woods is rightfully the favorite here, but some are acting as though it’s a done deal. If Beau pulls off what should be considered only a minor upset, the wheels fall off for Iowa and it’s a very long night.

WE ARE!!!

i brought that up specifically because he did. it establishes nelson as better than the best guy carter has majored.
Fair enough. I picked a regular decision in our contest. I think Nelson starts out doing absolutely nothing offensively and look to try to steal it at the end. Once Carter gets up on him by a couple takedowns (which he will) and has riding time over a minute, Nelson will then be looking for the moral victory by continuing to do nothing. Moral victory being to keep it to just a decision. It will be obvious because once he needs takedowns to win it, hevwill still do nothing to get them…. only looking to not give anymore up. 9-3 or 11-4 is my prediction.

Fair enough. I picked a regular decision in our contest. I think Nelson starts out doing absolutely nothing offensively and look to try to steal in at the end. Once Carter gets up on him by 1 or 2 takedowns (which he will) and has riding time over a minute, Nelson will then be looking for the moral victory by continuing to nothing. Moral victory being to keep it to just a decision. It will be obvious because once he needs takedowns to win it, hevwill still do nothing to get them…. only looking to not give anymore up. 9-3 or 11-4 is my prediction.
i think some of you are overthinking the "stalling" angle. nelson is just going to go out and do his best to win the match. some of you seem to think he has a moral obligation to fire off a bunch of attacks against an elite defensive wrestler. why? that is not a path to victory. he will be selective. his best skill is his snap and spin go behind. he will want starocci to come to him.

let me ask you this: does starocci take a ton of attacks against mekhi? i counted 4 committed attacks in 5 minutes of neutral wrestling at the all star meet. why? because mekhi is a great counter wrestler. you can't take average shots against him, so starocci is more selective. all 4 attacks were good attacks that did not expose him to danger. it was a well-executed, patient match.

nelson will handfight hard and maintain good position. starocci will be the aggressor. nelson will look for his openings. that's his style against everybody good. he's not stepping on the mat with "i have to run from him" mentality.

Fair enough. I picked a regular decision in our contest. I think Nelson starts out doing absolutely nothing offensively and look to try to steal it at the end. Once Carter gets up on him by a couple takedowns (which he will) and has riding time over a minute, Nelson will then be looking for the moral victory by continuing to do nothing. Moral victory being to keep it to just a decision. It will be obvious because once he needs takedowns to win it, hevwill still do nothing to get them…. only looking to not give anymore up. 9-3 or 11-4 is my prediction.
This does not correctly describe a wrestler who has repeatedly responded "I love wrestling." in a post dual presser. I would like to take Nelson at his word.

Although Nelson could turtle up, I'm banking on the Brands' genes kicking in and Nelson letting it fly to try and make some kind of statement against the nation's best 174lber. And that's why I'm sticking with a C* major.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT