ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Penn State defeats Illinois, 30-13

I’m not ready to give up on McClain because he looked like he was emerging as one of the top three receivers the first two weeks with few options behind him, but he’s certainly taking a step back this week.
I agree. I've been saying bench him but just want to send him a message that he HAS to play better.

After all the hysteria, we’re up 30-7 on the road. FSU barely leading BC. ND is tied with Central Michigan 7-7.

Just logged into this forum. You would think the score was 14-10. Just turned on radio. Psu winning 30-7 in the third lol. This board is amazing.

First Big Ten game on road and week after a cupcake with qb having first road start. Let's all pump the brakes here.
Yep. After the 5th Illinois turnover, we were able to extend our lead beyond two scores. Killing it.

Five turnovers we forced, pretty good.
200.gif

Just logged into this forum. You would think the score was 14-10. Just turned on radio. Psu winning 30-7 in the third lol. This board is amazing.

First Big Ten game on road and week after a cupcake with qb having first road start. Let's all pump the brakes here.
To be fair, most of the complaining was when the game was within 1 score even though we were dominating on turnovers.

This is why it's important to watch games not just look at a score
You guys can nitpick all you want. If they are winning 30-7 and are that bad in game 3, I will take it.

If you all want to be objective, then you highlight the bad stuff and also the good stuff.

Sounds like lots of room for improvement. Good early wake up call and week to grow before Iowa. Better than pasting them and reading press clippings.

You guys can nitpick all you want. If they are winning 30-7 and are that bad in game 3, I will take it.

If you all want to be objective, then you highlight the bad stuff and also the good stuff.

Sounds like lots of room for improvement. Good early wake up call and week to grow before Iowa. Better than pasting them and reading press clippings.
A wake up call against a team Kansas dominated isn't good. Most here have talked positives and negatives...not only the negative but no one can watch this game and fwel.good about our offense moving the ball against Michigan or Ohio State. Need to improve greatly before we play them. Thankfully the D should keep is in most games. Criticism of the offense today isn't nitpicky. It's warranted.

Good call - this team is improving - that is exactly what you want to see - clean up the m8stakes and this is a very good team - execution, execution, execution...with some great athleticism

This is was one of those games when you look at the film they can critique many things with the players

A wake up call against a team Kansas dominated isn't good. Most here have talked positives and negatives...not only the negative but no one can watch this game and fwel.good about our offense moving the ball against Michigan or Ohio State. Need to improve greatly before we play them. Thankfully the D should keep is in most games. Criticism of the offense today isn't nitpicky. It's warranted.
Dude, OSU struggled mightily against Indiana on the road who is now 1-2.

I dont hear everyone on here talking about all their troubles. Instead we got you saying we got to worry about moving ball against OSU. Can't have it both ways complaining about PSU but ignoring mediocrity by OSU.

To be fair, most of the complaining was when the game was within 1 score even though we were dominating on turnovers.

Not really, most of the posters pulling their bullshit while we were leading 16-7. That's 2 scores genius - this game has never been in doubt. #3 FSU is still only leading BC (who has lost to No Ill) 31-22 on the road @Chestnut Hill. It isn't easy to win Conference road games.

• Haha
Reactions: Westcoast24
Allar with a pretty pedestrian performance at best.

It's a good thing the D was able to get so many turnovers. The offense didn't seem up to par today.

Also good to see BP getting reps with the rest of the starters.

Reactions: psu00 and Obliviax

I dont hear everyone on here talking about all their troubles. Instead we got you saying we got to worry about moving ball against OSU. Can't have it both ways complaining about PSU but ignoring mediocrity by OSU.
You expect PSU fans to be complaining about OSU struggles? I suggest you get on the OSU board. There are many OSU fans still complaining about the IU game.

Who hasn't been critizing Ohio State? Wasn't a thread started asking if we wre going to jump them today?
I also said earlier with Dylan and Ohio State also has concerns. Pretending they don't is illogical--same with us.
Again, who is ignoring it?

I listen to the Sirius college football station all day. There’s been plenty of talk about the struggles of Ohio State

Reactions: Onionbelly
Allar with a pretty pedestrian performance at best.

It's a good thing the D was able to get so many turnovers. The offense didn't seem up to par today.

Also good to see BP getting reps with the rest of the starters.
The offense was awful. The offensive line was a huge disappointment. We couldn't run the ball and we obviously don't have the weapons outside to compete with the boys. Hope I'm wrong but I see 0-2 against scum and OSU.

Not really, most of the posters pulling their bullshit while we were leading 16-7. That's 2 scores genius - this game has never been in doubt. #3 FSU is still only leading BC (who has lost to No Ill) 31-22 on the road @Chestnut Hill. It isn't easy to win Conference road games.
If you didn’t think this game was in doubt at 16-7, then God Bless you. I surely did.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT