ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Penn State defeats Illinois, 30-13

I need to see the replay again but I could have sworn Allen made the first down, or at least was much much closer than the spot.

We still haven't played a team with a pulse. We've done what we're supposed to do against lesser opponents. The defense has flashed elite potential and if they can keep creating turnovers we'll be in great shape but that's a lot to ask. We've also seen flaws with the offense that must be corrected to beat the two other great teams on our schedule.

Not really, most of the posters pulling their bullshit while we were leading 16-7. That's 2 scores genius - this game has never been in doubt. #3 FSU is still only leading BC (who has lost to No Ill) 31-22 on the road @Chestnut Hill. It isn't easy to win Conference road games.
You are such a genius able to tell that is 2 scores. 16-7 was so dominating early on, can't believe anyone was complaining about the team when they were playing so well when it was 16-7 at half.

Reactions: scrivener
Allar with a pretty pedestrian performance at best.

It's a good thing the D was able to get so many turnovers. The offense didn't seem up to par today.

Also good to see BP getting reps with the rest of the starters.

Drew did not have a great game - he was uncharacteristically inaccurate (mostly high). Conference road games are difficult - it's good that he struggled in a game we won easily, it will make him better and force him to persevere.... overcome.

Want to know something really funny? 23-7 was still two scores.

Oh good lord.
Defense should get an A....the turnovers were incredibly impressive, especially with the pressure of having to make up for our dismal offense. Also more impressive since we still aren't getting many sacks.

For a team that learned its lesson not having a backup ready a couple of years ago at quarterback, they sure don't want to develop Beau as a passer, this is ridiculous.

Reactions: Onionbelly
I know Allar had a tufff day but the drops by McClain didn’t help a young QB

Game Recap:
The team comes out and plays like dog poo. (pathetic O-line play, drop passes, etc.)
PSU up by modest amount even though IL turning the ball over every other series.
PSU gets sh*t together and takes comfortable lead.
Then posters come on here getting mad that people were complaining.

Reactions: mcpat
I need to see the replay again but I could have sworn Allen made the first down, or at least was much much closer than the spot.

He did - the Official marked it where his knee hit when his body was stretched horizontally at the time his knee hit and the ball was way downfield of his knee at the point his knee contacted the ground. It was another clearly homer act by the b1g clowns.

• Haha
Reactions: Westcoast24
Drew did not have a great game - he was uncharacteristically inaccurate (mostly high). Conference road games are difficult - it's good that he struggled in a game we won easily, it will make him better and force him to persevere.... overcome.
That might be why BP went in a bit early (at least in my opinion). Let Drew have a seat. Lots for him to work through.

I was frustrated but not worried. PSU was a better team making mistakes.
Understood. On the road, the last thing I wanted to see was a close game in the 4th QTR. One of the INTs was at the five. I was worried. Maybe I shouldn’t have been.

Pribula needs to play QB and not RB at QB if he ever expects to be a successful B10 QB at PSU. Just takes off too quick which is not helping him develop as a B10 QB.

Reactions: Onionbelly
Game Recap:
The team comes out and plays like dog poo. (pathetic O-line play, drop passes, etc.)
PSU up by modest amount even though IL turning the ball over every other series.
Posters are mad that people forget there are four quarters in a game, not one or two.

Game Recap:
Some people have limited number of brain cells and a large percentage of those have to be used to keep them upright and talking, so memory takes a hit. They can only react to the most recent stimulus thus forgetting about what happened earlier.

The OL has done a terrible job keeping the DL off their feet..way too many deflections

IL Running down the score - try to get a TD against the 2/3rd stringers and make it look closer than it was

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT