ADVERTISEMENT

HAVE YOU HEARD???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always scatter when this happens but never really am guilty of anything, another one of your false facts! Keep on 🏃‍♂️ with it your almost there.
So what you are saying is. You are hanging out basically minding your own business and doing nothing wrong. Yet the "fuzz" comes rollin up on ya, and you think it is necessary to "scatter" ???? You need to tell us all more about this???

Where are you hanging?
Who is hanging out with you?
Are they doing anything illegal?
Does everyone there scatter?
Where do you scatter to?
Does the fuzz chase you?
Ew-CHylXMAQfajR.jpg
OH HELL YEA!!!!! I motion to make this the banner for this site! Who ends the motion?

So what you are saying is. You are hanging out basically minding your own business and doing nothing wrong. Yet the "fuzz" comes rollin up on ya, and you think it is necessary to "scatter" ???? You need to tell us all more about this???

Where are you hanging?
Who is hanging out with you?
Are they doing anything illegal?
Does everyone there scatter?
Where do you scatter to?
Does the fuzz chase you?

OH HELL YEA!!!!! I motion to make this the banner for this site! Who ends the motion?
All of your questions I can not answer. If something is going on its a waste of my time to stick around. I don't want to be involved or waste my time being asked questions I have no answer for. Let alone I RDGAF to know what is going on, I am no rubber necked. I mind my own business as should you. But you cant.

Just wanted to get back to you, yes I have seen a few pics, but nothing about training,or videos of training in the room?

Best think I see is the Hydro therapy room. No info that I see, makes me wonder if it is one hot on one cold?
If you want to see them training, follow the wrestlers on Instagram. Quite a few of them post videos. Once, Zain posted himself crushing a watermelon, but that might be highly classified for PSU fans only.

OK, but if you have anything you could post to help me out would greatly be appreciated.

I guess those who get it GET IT and those that don't never will! If you honestly believe ANY other wrestler you could name could have a torn ACL in HS, Wrestle in the states. Take 2nd, THEN have surgery and the following year, as a TRUE freshman, go out and DOMINATE winning NCAAs, taking out several highly regarded wrestlers along the way.

Well you are not understanding or just playing dumb! That is only 2nd to winning nCAAs with NO ACLs which again, no one you could name would have even tried it and you can even ask them and they will tell you!!!!

Look, not making excuses but you obviously do not understand or do not want to? It is well know that he could not train at 100% just about his whole college career. Part of the sport IS staying healthy, we all get it. Call it "bad luck" or maybe "good luck" for others i do not know, but if you watched him and at times did not think something was wrong? Well what can I say????

Look at it any way you wish. Big Cass beats everyone he has strength over. He is very good but if you want to knock him or IOWA for that matter??? That is what you should be pointing to. Some of our guys just do not seem to develop in size over the years, and especially our heavy weights!

NOT saying Kerk hasn't gotten better too, but it is his HP that has really set him apart in my opinion.

Could be, I do not know?

You ever see ANY other wrestler just destroying every other ranked kid in his weight? I always like to point to the trails several years back. I understand it was FS but that ws when SL was the healthiest I seen him in college. There was pretty much a who's who of the best young wrestlers in the class. If you haven't seen it? Watch it and ten get back to me.

Alexander Karelin, REALLY!?!?!? LOL, do not even get me started on the F-in Russians!!! Besides, I already posted about one wrestler maybe no one on this board ever even herd of? His name is ROBIN REED. There are several others that are like mortals!!!

Most are before what they call the modern era, so i guess younger folks who can't understand will diminish it, kinda like Babe Ruth the greatest Baseball player who ever lived.
Mike Dickta would would have torn Spence apart with no ACL's at birth. Spence was raised and trained in the best wrestling state in the country so I'm not surprised he not that bad.

SPENCER LEE at 100% is as close to unbeatable as you may ever see? You have and had many, MANY outstanding wrestlers. NOT to hurt anyones feelings, but none of them were close to what SL is. For GODs sake he WON the NCAAs with two torn ACLs. I would say this is not possible but he did it!!!
Well, Anthony Robles won NCAAs without an ACL, MCL, achilles, tabula, fibula, femur, quadricep, hamstring, and 5 toes. He never lost a match his senior year and also won an NCAA outstanding wrestler.
I would say this is not possible but he did it!!!

@IRONBIRD Above is a link to the Wikipedia page for the NCAA Division 1 wrestling championships. It doesn’t list Iowa as winning in 2020 nor does it list Spencer as a 4x champ. But it’s open source, so you can add these things to it.
Ohhhh!!!!!! That might just be the best nastiest post I've read on this page!!!!!!

I would have to think that even @82bordeaux might have a tough time coming up with a meme fitting enough for that post. 🤩

Also that was before Cass lost a bunch of weight.. fat cases > sick Kerk… thin Cass < healthy Kerk

And just an fyi from the guillotine notice it’s 2018.
so Kerk has incredibly packed on 20 lbs in 5 years wtf is he on…( a joke)

Injury, international disappointment weigh on Daniel Greg Kerkvliet, Minnesota’s top prep wrestler​

December 11, 2018
Daniel Greg Kerkvliet is getting restless.
The state’s top high school wrestler was training for the World Junior Wrestling Championships in Trnava, Slovakia, in September, determined to rid himself of the unsatisfactory flavor of a runner-up finish at the Cadet World Championships in July, when the unthinkable happened.
Practicing a single-leg takedown, he had his partner hooked when his left knee caved in. A torn ACL. A change in plans.
“They had me stay home,” said Kerkvliet, a 6-3, 240-pound trunk of sinewy strength. “I was hoping to right a wrong and prove that I’m better than I showed at the Cadet Juniors. It was pretty disappointing.” Continue reading at startribune.com

Last edited:
Reactions: danoftw and mcpat

@IRONBIRD Above is a link to the Wikipedia page for the NCAA Division 1 wrestling championships. It doesn’t list Iowa as winning in 2020 nor does it list Spencer as a 4x champ. But it’s open source, so you can add these things to it.

Ohhhh!!!!!! That might just be the best nastiest post I've read on this page!!!!!!

I would have to think that even @82bordeaux might have a tough time coming up with a meme fitting enough for that post. 🤩
giphy.gif

December 11, 2018
“They had me stay home,” said Kerkvliet, a 6-3, 240-pound trunk of sinewy strength.
I mean I have seen some of your guys putting on some serious weight? The guy you all call KerDaddy(your name not mine) has put on what appears to be 50+ pounds at least.
Ironbird went dumpster diving for his glasses. (Also, nobody calls Kerk "KerDaddy".)

chrome-capture-2023-2-18-1.gif

Last edited:
@IRONBIRD this must be the most attention you've ever gotten without getting arrested. I do question how many pages this thread would be without !!!!!, ??????, and everyone's favorite ?!?!?!?!???!?!?!.
Funny
Well, Anthony Robles won NCAAs without an ACL, MCL, achilles, tabula, fibula, femur, quadricep, hamstring, and 5 toes. He never lost a match his senior year and also won an NCAA outstanding wrestler.
I would say this is not possible but he did it!!!
Come on man, really!?!?!? I mean, yes Robles deserves all the credit he gets, NO DOUBT! But an entirely different set of circumstances.

Also that was before Cass lost a bunch of weight.. fat cases > sick Kerk… thin Cass < healthy Kerk

And just an fyi from the guillotine notice it’s 2018.
so Kerk has incredibly packed on 20 lbs in 5 years wtf is he on…( a joke)

Injury, international disappointment weigh on Daniel Greg Kerkvliet, Minnesota’s top prep wrestler​

December 11, 2018
Daniel Greg Kerkvliet is getting restless.
The state’s top high school wrestler was training for the World Junior Wrestling Championships in Trnava, Slovakia, in September, determined to rid himself of the unsatisfactory flavor of a runner-up finish at the Cadet World Championships in July, when the unthinkable happened.
Practicing a single-leg takedown, he had his partner hooked when his left knee caved in. A torn ACL. A change in plans.
“They had me stay home,” said Kerkvliet, a 6-3, 240-pound trunk of sinewy strength. “I was hoping to right a wrong and prove that I’m better than I showed at the Cadet Juniors. It was pretty disappointing.” Continue reading at startribune.com
Wait, now he was 6-3 240 in HS??? then hurt his knee and went down to what, 200-210? Hmmm
Ironbird went dumpster diving for his glasses. (Also, nobody calls Kerk "KerDaddy".)

chrome-capture-2023-2-18-1.gif
kinda funny a little

LOLZ where did you ever get went down to 210.. Do a bit of research and you'll see he was 230, 240 until he got to Ohio State.. You are great at reaching...

Reactions: PAHURDLER
then hurt his knee and went down to what, 200-210? Hmmm
Mm-hmmm. It's called an infection. Pretty sure DGK had blood clots too. I remember seeing and interview where he mentioned it. Couldn't lift at all.

So I've seen him on record, unlike Spencer and his mystery ¡¿illness(es)!? purported to be ¡¡¿¿LYME DISEASE!!?? OR ¡¡¡¿¿¿MONO!!!??? Or his reasoning for dropping out of last year's NCAA tournament. He relied on a surrogate then.

But DGK's not living in the past. He has moved on, like you should with this topic.

Reactions: Ski and danoftw
Need a TOPIC #4 Does PSU Wrestling even have a weight room?

I mean I have seen some of your guys putting on some serious weight? The guy you all call KerDaddy(your name not mine) has put on what appears to be 50+ pounds at least.

There was Cassar back when who had a video stating he put on 40 pounds in one off season. Unlike IOWA who has a weight room right off the wrestling room and from time to time they post some stuff, I never even seen the PSU guys lifting or where their weight room is?

I mean someone posted some guys running down a street carrying logs, but it would seem very odd that your team
woulddn't have a very nice facility, especially since IOWA is building a new one and from where I am sitting. I am still kind of wondering why?

I will leave that open for another topic about facilities next.
No, no, no, you misunderstood. Kemdaddy (Not Kerdaddy) was the name we briefly called C* as a result of his wins over Kemmerer. I think it would have been a pin if not for the lunger brick Brands threw. Grandpa was really tuckered out.

I’m afraid to read too many of these ridiculous comments “ does Penn State have a weight room” from the cesspool as I don’t want to get any on me.

Reactions: mcpat
LOLZ where did you ever get went down to 210.. Do a bit of research and you'll see he was 230, 240 until he got to Ohio State.. You are great at reaching...
There is NO WAY he was 230-240 NONE!!! When he was wrestling against BIG Cass, Cass had significant size on him!
Mm-hmmm. It's called an infection. Pretty sure DGK had blood clots too. I remember seeing and interview where he mentioned it. Couldn't lift at all.

So I've seen him on record, unlike Spencer and his mystery ¡¿illness(es)!? purported to be ¡¡¿¿LYME DISEASE!!?? OR ¡¡¡¿¿¿MONO!!!??? Or his reasoning for dropping out of last year's NCAA tournament. He relied on a surrogate then.

But DGK's not living in the past. He has moved on, like you should with this topic.
You have seen him huh? OK, post what you saw?
No, no, no, you misunderstood. Kemdaddy (Not Kerdaddy) was the name we briefly called C* as a result of his wins over Kemmerer. I think it would have been a pin if not for the lunger brick Brands threw. Grandpa was really tuckered out.
Yea right, just be extremely happy Kem Dawg was wrestling hurt!

With all that said, it is time to move on here. This topic has raised more questions then answers so we move on

TOPIC # 5 - FACILITIES

So it has been brought up several times already that IOWA will be finishing a new and reported BEST FACILITY in the World? Some on here asked why use the money for this?

Is a reasonable question because from what I have seen, they already have a world class facility. It is huge, has cardio equipment, a dedicated weight room attached and more.

That being said, the money raised was FOR this facility. There was one big donor whose name will be on it! Thank You to that family.

What I will be looking for out of this new facility is STATE of the ART training, rehab, and peak performance equipment. I have not seen or heard about any of this? Seeing the "Hot tubs" in the PSU facility was something I really thought was cutting edge if you will.

You all do talk about the rehab, prehab, mental prep etc.... part of the game. I do not doubt that you have something going here and very well could be ahead of everyone else?

So my questions would be, and maybe the younger men on here would have the greatest input? How important do you feel the facilities are? Especially with younger athletes and recruiting?

I mean everyone knows about the visits the hS kids take. Do you believe seeing an over the top new facility has a great impact on a kid making a decision? Obviously it can not hurt, but where might you rank it?

Coaches, history, location, money offered, training partners, chance to start, etc....

Alexander Karelin, REALLY!?!?!? LOL, do not even get me started on the F-in Russians!!! Besides, I already posted about one wrestler maybe no one on this board ever even herd of? His name is ROBIN REED. There are several others that are like mortals!!!
I hope you're not implying that Lee is even close to Karelin in wrestling accomplishments. Let's compare a few things.

1. Karelin was a 13 X World and Olympic champion with 3 Olympic gold medals. How many World titles and Olympic gold medals has Lee won?

2. Karelin was completely undefeated until his last match against Gardner in 2000. Not only that, but he didn't give up a single point in his last 6 years of competition until losing to Gardner. How many losses does Lee have on his record and how many points has he given up in his matches?

3. If he wanted to, Karlein could pick up Lee and break him in half.

Another more direct comparison to Lee would be Sergei Beloglazov who competed at the same weight in FS. Beloglazov had a style that was very similar to Lee's. A match between the two of them would have been really interesting, but Beloglazov was a 6 X World and Olympic champion compared to Lee's 0 World or Olympic titles in the Sr men's freestyle category. Lee has a long ways to go before he can be compared to someone like Beloglazov.

Reactions: PSUer1989 and mcpat
This is hardly the place to have a cogent discussion about something, but what the heck. I recall back when Kerk was in Columbus, Ryan making remarks about how much weight/strength Greg needed to put on. At the time, I pictured him swelling up in pecs and shoulders like Bo Jordan (or Kyle Snyder) and wondering what that would do to his real strength on the mat: his lateral quickness. Naturally, I was pleased when he transferred, and knew that wouldn't be the priority. Instead, we've watched Greg evolve over his years at PSU, and with some setbacks and false starts, he sure does look optimized today. His power is unquestionably in his legs and hips, but I do indeed detect a little extra now in shoulders too. But these kind of gains (IMO) are in contrast to the Buckeye method of bulk for bulk's sake. Greg still moves like a cat, but can plant Wyatt Hendrickson on his back with his power too. Look out, world. This is just the beginning.

Last edited:
Reactions: hlstone
This is hardly the place to have a cogent discussion about something, but what the heck. I recall back when Kerk was in Columbus, Ryan making remarks about how much weight/strength Greg needed to put on. At the time, I pictured him swelling up in pecs and shoulders like Bo Jordan (or Kyle Snyder) and wondering what that would do to his real strength on the mat: his lateral quickness. Naturally, I was pleased when he transferred, and knew that wouldn't be the priority. Instead, we've watched Greg evolve over his years at PSU, and with some setbacks and false starts, he sure does look optimized today. His power is unquestionably in his legs and hips, but I do indeed detect a little extra now in shoulders too. But these kind of gains (IMO) are in contrast to the Buckeye method of bulk for bulk's sake. Greg still moves like a cat, but can plant Wyatt Hendrickson on his back with his power too. Look out, world. This is just the beginning.
The takeaway is Wrestlers should never train like Powerlifters.

This is another good post! I do not believe you are 100% accurate on how the Brands Brothers coach, but there appears to be a more laid back approach at PSU.

YES THE IOWA WAY which I am not too sure most understand?

Very similar post to the above and again I believe this is the misconception that may be being pushed on purpose? Many Wrestlers from IOWA have said that the "BOOT CAMP" narrative being talked about is false.

There is however many things all coaches must learn to become great. How to adjust to different athletes is certainly one! GABLE talked about this in one of his books.

Not sure how I was wrong asking a question?

OK THE IOWA STYLE, I would love to hear what others think this is? My guess is many on here think it is pushing and shoving etc.....

TRUTH be told, ALL good programs use THE IOWA STYLE!!! Coach Gable forever changed wrestling!!! It is about MINDSET, IMPOSING YOUR WILL, CONDITIONING, FORCING ACTION, SCORING POINTS. That is what it is in a nut shell.

It may not always seem this way because an IOWA wrestler just is not good enough to get it done, but please watch IOWA wrestlers. There is NO playing the edge! They are almost always fighting to stay in. Also there is a huge difference compared to most other teams of MOVING FOWARD!

How does he have anything to do with current CYHAWK Match? What am I missing!?!?!

TY I think?

I believe I addressed most of this above. The current very good class of recruits and transfers tells a different story. The next year or two will be a good indicator to see if TOP kids are not going to come, which I believe they will come!

To have a World Class FS program, you have to have World Class Wrestlers!!! They are few and far between. PSU grabbed 3 top guys from other schools including IOWA!

Our current guys still wrestling ALL appear to be "out wrestling" expectations based on how they faired in college. The MONSTER who is Spencer Lee appears to be getting healthy and already made a statement winning the BF Tourn. He will be a HUGE part of the HWC and its revival in my opinion.
FIGHT vs FUN. PSU wrestlers love wrestling because it's fun. Scoring points is FUN. IOWA wrestlers think it's a fight and guess what, that isn't FUN.

Coaches, history, location, money offered, training partners, chance to start,
I believe #1 by an overwhelming and almost exclusive majority is perceived likelihood of achieving one's wrestling goals. But you don't list that in your push poll. For the best wrestlers, this is World and Olympic championships followed by individual NCAA Championships.

History does nothing unless it is recent and primarily informs the student athlete directly (secondarily his parents and HS / club coaches) regarding success of similar wrestlers given a similar opportunity. It is relevant data that informs.

Of what's listed coaches, training partners, and facilities matter to the end goal. They are part of the process. Location matters only to the degree it supports focus by limiting distractions.

'Chance to start' is not a consideration at all for the best. It is an end result, which shouldn't be sought directly.

Likewise, maximizing financial gain is only obtained through sustained success. So this should also be treated an end consequence rather than a consideration at the beginning.

If % scholarship or NIL are overtly an up front consideration, I seriously question whether PSU wrestling would pursue that student athlete. It doesn't pass the 'gratitude' test.

What is the BUCKEYE bulk up method? I just saw them wrestle and their wrestlers pretty much all looked huge for their weight and moved well so someone is doing something correct over there.
This should suffice.

As another poster wrote, GOOGLE is your friend. This was likely written after he mentioned his condition during an interview.
Well now why didn't you say so in the first place? Still do not remember him as a 240 pound HS kid but I could be wrong I guess?
The takeaway is Wrestlers should never train like Powerlifters.
Not sure you understand training and what Powerlifters do? Powerlifters compete in what is commonly referred to as the BIG THREE. that is Squat, Bench, and Deadlift. EVERYONE who trains should be doing some form of these lifts!!!

Now if you are saying that wrestlers should not train as a Competitive Powerlifter would? You are partially correct. That being said, NO athlete in any sport should train exactly like an athlete in another sport!

Some people throw the term "Powerlifter" out for anyone who lifts heavy. this may be what you did here? Again a Powerlifter is a competitive athlete. They train to move as much weight as possible for a 1 rep max. That is a specific form of training and should indeed be used for wrestlers.

There are several other training methods that also should be used. I would refer you over to WESTSIDE BARBELL for more details.
FIGHT vs FUN. PSU wrestlers love wrestling because it's fun. Scoring points is FUN. IOWA wrestlers think it's a fight and guess what, that isn't FUN.
LOL, not too well rehearsed on what wrestling is I guess? Wrestling is indeed a FIGHT!!! It is a FIGHT with rules, how much fun you have, in my opinion, has to do with how much success you have! That is to say WINNING, and while winning isn't everything as they say. It surely beats the alternative!

PSU is doing a lot of winning, and yes that equals having a lot of fun for them. Certainly not saying others can not also enjoy the sport and have some fun and great times too, but it always is much harder when you are getting your asses kicked!

They train to move as much weight as possible for a 1 rep max. That is a specific form of training and should indeed be used for wrestlers.
Agree to disagree. As many reps as possible of an appropriate weight (not optimizing for 1 rep max weight) is vastly more appropriate for anyone expecting to wrestle 7+ minutes.

Reactions: Ski and Lyco1990
And where is it in my posts that makes you come up with this statement?

SPENCER LEE at 100% is as close to unbeatable as you may ever see? You have and had many, MANY outstanding wrestlers. NOT to hurt anyones feelings, but none of them were close to what SL is. For GODs sake he WON the NCAAs with two torn ACLs. I would say this is not possible but he did it!!!

See above, even if he did not win, IOWA still wins the team title!

You do not need to be here so thanks for coming and do not let the door hit you on your arse!!!
WHAT? Go away forever … your thinking reminds me of the possum that got stuck in one of my traps for a week while I was hunting elsewhere. Weak, stinky, cognitively lethargic. Get back in your own lane!

Agree to disagree. As many reps as possible of an appropriate weight (not optimizing for 1 rep max weight) is vastly more appropriate for anyone expecting to wrestle 7+ minutes.
You are incorrect and do not understand the different aspects of strength training! There is a VERY good reason PEDs are illegal and that should tell you all you need to know!
WHAT? Go away forever … your thinking reminds me of the possum that got stuck in one of my traps for a week while I was hunting elsewhere. Weak, stinky, cognitively lethargic. Get back in your own lane!
Possums are great animals, they eat tons of ticks and other insects. Get new traps!!!
It's about time Iowa invested in state-of-the-art rehab facilities. LOL.

Yes, you are. Quite often, in fact.
OH IOWA is investing in the greatest facility on the planet is what is reported. I am waiting to see the final results and hoping it is more GO then show!!!

ALL - Please tell me what I am wrong about so far? I'll wait, but not for too long because I believe you are all wrong and won't be able to come up with even 1 thing!?!?!?!?

Possums are great animals, they eat tons of ticks and other insects. Get new traps!!!
Actually, this has been disproven. It’s a misconception that opossums are the tick eating monsters they’ve been proclaimed to be.

Hennessy C, Hild K. Are Virginia opossums really ecological traps for ticks? Groundtruthing laboratory observations. Ticks Tick Borne Dis. 2021 Sep;12(5):101780. doi: 10.1016/j.ttbdis.2021.101780. Epub 2021 Jul 15. PMID: 34298355.

Reactions: 13th Grade
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT