ADVERTISEMENT

HAVE YOU HEARD???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mtv Awards 2021 GIF by MTV Movie & TV Awards
One time I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken! SIR IRON
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead???!!!?!"
Thomas Paine
Yes THANK YOU some on here are pretty messed up NO doubt!!!
Actually, this has been disproven. It’s a misconception that opossums are the tick eating monsters they’ve been proclaimed to be.

Hennessy C, Hild K. Are Virginia opossums really ecological traps for ticks? Groundtruthing laboratory observations. Ticks Tick Borne Dis. 2021 Sep;12(5):101780. doi: 10.1016/j.ttbdis.2021.101780. Epub 2021 Jul 15. PMID: 34298355.
I looked into this some and have contradicting information? Certainly appears you may be right? I will do more research, but what are you trying to trap?
Quicker muscle recovery, regardless of excercise to allow more exercise. Blood doping maybe over steroids when it comes to certain sports over others.
Again, there are very specify training methods which ALL must be trained to reach peak performance. There is MAX strength, SPEED strength, and REPETITION strength. For lack of a more knowledgeable audience. I will explain it like this. To train only one, would be similar to training only one position in Wrestling!

Of course, the undisputed all-time biggest loser of the 2020 cancellation and 2021 free year is Spencer. If there is no pandemic at all, Spencer wins in 2020, then wins his 4th in 2021, and his final act as a collegiate wrestler would have been the "excuses are for wusses" interview, which would have been after his fourth title, not his third, and then he would have left his shoes on the mat and turned to the Olympics. Instead, 2020 never happened, he won his third with no ACLs in 2021, but instead of getting the surgery he desperately needed, he tried to gut it out to extend the dynasty by a year, couldn't go in 2022 and got the surgery a year too late, and then of course 2023 ended not with a 4th title, but with him counting lights as his mother smashed her glasses.

EDIT: It all may have cost him at least one shot at the Olympics as well, if the trials had gone on as planned in 2020, Spencer would have had at least one ACL and would have been the favorite. By the time the postponed Olympic trials happened, he was too injured to compete. At least he still has a chance to rectify that one.
Spencer's destiny was tainted far before the covid year. Had he committed to PSU...... he might just be in the GOAT conversation.

Not sure you understand training and what Powerlifters do? Powerlifters compete in what is commonly referred to as the BIG THREE. that is Squat, Bench, and Deadlift. EVERYONE who trains should be doing some form of these lifts!!!

Now if you are saying that wrestlers should not train as a Competitive Powerlifter would? You are partially correct. That being said, NO athlete in any sport should train exactly like an athlete in another sport!

Some people throw the term "Powerlifter" out for anyone who lifts heavy. this may be what you did here? Again a Powerlifter is a competitive athlete. They train to move as much weight as possible for a 1 rep max. That is a specific form of training and should indeed be used for wrestlers.

There are several other training methods that also should be used. I would refer you over to WESTSIDE BARBELL for more details.
I understand more about it than you think. I competed in the USPF in the early 80's. You can find me on openpowerlifting.com. I will let you spend some time figuring out who I am. I also coached at two highschools from 1982-1996. My teams spent more time on the mat, than the weight room. When we did lift in the off season, pulling motions, and explosive lifts (powercleans) were a staple of our training.

Realize I have not touched a weight since 1996 so I am a bit behind in current training methods, but to me you get better at wrestling, by wrestling. It is a feel sport that requires a high level of body control and conditioning.

Had he committed to Penn State, something would have gone wrong. 125 Curse.
Yeah... I'm not a fan of the "if Spencer went to PSU" stuff.

Wrestlers get hurt. It happens in all programs. And when you have a guy like Spencer, who seems to have catastrophic injuries every 18 months or so, I'm not convinced any program's room or approach would have made a big difference.

PSU doesn't have some magic secret to prevent injuries.

To train only one, would be similar to training only one position in Wrestling!
All this may be true, yet some strength training focuses seem to have a higher risk of injury vs performance benefit reward ratio when it comes to peak wrestling. Taken with a need to optimize for limited available time, strength training techniques would necessary get prioritized appropriately.

Some might argue, tOSU has misplaced its priorities.

But how would you say Iowa wrestling has done to manage its strength training priorities? Were you happy with Warner, for example?

OH did you all see?????? IOWA over Iowa st. HUGE win and now we have our sights set on you guys!!!! : )
One thing that has always struck me as odd are the Iowa fan complaints about Cael leaving Iowa State for PSU. Shouldn’t Iowa fans be happy that Cael isn’t still at Iowa State? Of course, who knows what would happen in an alternate reality where Cael & Co. are coaching ISU, but it isn't a stretch to think Iowa would be chasing ISU instead of PSU (or, perhaps chasing both). I think Iowa fans should be happy Cael left ISU so that you can still get these HUGE wins each year.

@IRONBIRD

You may want to read this slowly.

Symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder and how severe they are can vary. People with the disorder can:
  • Have an unreasonably high sense of self-importance and require constant, excessive admiration.
  • Feel that they deserve privileges and special treatment.
  • Expect to be recognized as superior even without achievements.
  • Make achievements and talents seem bigger than they are.
  • Be preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate.
  • Believe they are superior to others and can only spend time with or be understood by equally special people.
  • Be critical of and look down on people they feel are not important.
  • Expect special favors and expect other people to do what they want without questioning them.
  • Take advantage of others to get what they want.
  • Have an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others.
  • Be envious of others and believe others envy them.
  • Behave in an arrogant way, brag a lot and come across as conceited.
  • Insist on having the best of everything — for instance, the best car or office.

Reactions: diggerpup
All this may be true, yet some strength training focuses seem to have a higher risk of injury vs performance benefit reward ratio when it comes to peak wrestling. Taken with a need to optimize for limited available time, strength training techniques would necessary get prioritized appropriately.

But how would you say Iowa wrestling has done to manage its strength training priorities? Were you happy with Warner, for example?
I remember David Taylor talking about strength training and he said that while in college, the only strength exercise he did was pull-ups and bridging for neck muscles. I think he did ok.

Reactions: hlstone
I understand more about it than you think. I competed in the USPF in the early 80's. You can find me on openpowerlifting.com. I will let you spend some time figuring out who I am. I also coached at two highschools from 1982-1996. My teams spent more time on the mat, than the weight room. When we did lift in the off season, pulling motions, and explosive lifts (powercleans) were a staple of our training.

Realize I have not touched a weight since 1996 so I am a bit behind in current training methods, but to me you get better at wrestling, by wrestling. It is a feel sport that requires a high level of body control and conditioning.
I am not too sure I can figure out who you are but obviously you know a thing or two about lifting. I am about as big a proponent of lifting to improve athletic performance as you will ever see. That being said, in ANY sport you need to TRAIN the sport and it is the most important thing to do to get better.

Not too sure how much you really studied lifting? Power Clean-Olympic style, in my opinion are about the worst thing an athlete can do. The reason is the incredible amount of stress on the joints. Now some coaches will modify them, put just consider the CLEAN position. Think bout the wrists, elbows, and shoulders!!!

Knees and shoulders are the two most common injuries in wrestling and coaches should protect them at all costs! Do everything in season, and off season, which includes proper lifting exercises!!!

By the way, do you know why Olympic lifts became so popular?

Lifting MAX weights when training correctly is not dangerous and strengthens the joints. I had knee surgery( torn cartilage from wrestling) and the doctor who did the surgery 1) did not believe I had a bad knee because 2) it was so strong and stable. When he went in he could not believe it was bone on bone. Long story short, he said my ligaments and tendons were like rope. He could hardly move my need to work. This from a doctor who worked on many Pro athletes.

Not sure why some on here are critical of tOSU? their wrestlers as I said looked well trained!

I would say about IOWA that their training is my biggest concern! I have watched what I could find and most of it honestly sucks!!! That being said, just about every college, HS teams training programs I have seen suck!

Way behind the times, do not understand various training techniques, I could go on and on. That is one reason i asked about PSU. I would love to actually see the wrestlers in the weight room. Will add 2 stories, I had a kids I trained in HS go on to college. One to wrestle, the other to play football.

Well one day the wrestling kid left his "program" on my desk to look at. I asked him if he had a pet parrot? He said why? I said put this on the bottom of the cage!!! He was not happy but it was the truth! The 2nd kid was at my gym and he is on one station, then he is on another, and another. He is hitting one body part, then another, and another.....

I ask him after a while, what in hell is it you are doing? He hands me like a note book of papers, this is my program. I look at it and I am like, what in GODS name is this??? Then I started laughing because I coached football with his father so I thought they were playing a joke on me????

NOPE, it was real, and I said Chris. If you was on Steroids and training for the MR. O you wouldn't even be doing all of this in one workout!!!
One thing that has always struck me as odd are the Iowa fan complaints about Cael leaving Iowa State for PSU. Shouldn’t Iowa fans be happy that Cael isn’t still at Iowa State? Of course, who knows what would happen in an alternate reality where Cael & Co. are coaching ISU, but it isn't a stretch to think Iowa would be chasing ISU instead of PSU (or, perhaps chasing both). I think Iowa fans should be happy Cael left ISU so that you can still get these HUGE wins each year.
Us IOWA fans do not like the way he left, and SOME of the supposed reasons he came to PSU. I have said it vERY clearly, if everything is level for all programs, then GOD speed to you. You can ague up and down about the WHYs but you can not ague the facts. There is an incredible discrepancy in recruiting between you guys and EVERYONE else!
@IRONBIRD

You may want to read this slowly.

Symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder and how severe they are can vary. People with the disorder can:
  • Have an unreasonably high sense of self-importance and require constant, excessive admiration.
  • Feel that they deserve privileges and special treatment.
  • Expect to be recognized as superior even without achievements.
  • Make achievements and talents seem bigger than they are.
  • Be preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate.
  • Believe they are superior to others and can only spend time with or be understood by equally special people.
  • Be critical of and look down on people they feel are not important.
  • Expect special favors and expect other people to do what they want without questioning them.
  • Take advantage of others to get what they want.
  • Have an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others.
  • Be envious of others and believe others envy them.
  • Behave in an arrogant way, brag a lot and come across as conceited.
  • Insist on having the best of everything — for instance, the best car or office.
WOW guys, I may have narcisism How many of these do I have to have to be diagnosed Doc.???

I am not too sure I can figure out who you are but obviously you know a thing or two about lifting. I am about as big a proponent of lifting to improve athletic performance as you will ever see. That being said, in ANY sport you need to TRAIN the sport and it is the most important thing to do to get better.

Not too sure how much you really studied lifting? Power Clean-Olympic style, in my opinion are about the worst thing an athlete can do. The reason is the incredible amount of stress on the joints. Now some coaches will modify them, put just consider the CLEAN position. Think bout the wrists, elbows, and shoulders!!!

Knees and shoulders are the two most common injuries in wrestling and coaches should protect them at all costs! Do everything in season, and off season, which includes proper lifting exercises!!!

Lifting MAX weights when training correctly is not dangerous and strengthens the joints. I had knee surgery( torn cartilage from wrestling) and the doctor who did the surgery 1) did not believe I had a bad knee because 2) it was so strong and stable. When he went in he could not believe it was bone on bone. Long story short, he said my ligaments and tendons were like rope. He could hardly move my need to work. This from a doctor who worked on many Pro athletes.

Not sure why some on here are critical of tOSU? their wrestlers as I said looked well trained!

I would say about IOWA that their training is my biggest concern! I have watched what I could find and most of it honestly sucks!!! That being said, just about every college, HS teams training programs I have seen suck!

Way behind the times, do not understand various training techniques, I could go on and on. That is one reason i asked about PSU. I would love to actually see the wrestlers in the weight room. Will add 2 stories, I had a kids I trained in HS go on to college. One to wrestle, the other to play football.

Well one day the wrestling kid left his "program" on my desk to look at. I asked him if he had a pet parrot? He said why? I said put this on the bottom of the cage!!! He was not happy but it was the truth! The 2nd kid was at my gym and he is on one station, then he is on another, and another. He is hitting one body part, then another, and another.....

I ask him after a while, what in hell is it you are doing? He hands me like a note book of papers, this is my program. I look at it and I am like, what in GODS name is this??? Then I started laughing because I coached football with his father so I thought they were playing a joke on me????

NOPE, it was real, and I said Chris. If you was on Steroids and training for the MR. O you wouldn't even be doing all of this in one workout!!!

Us IOWA fans do not like the way he left, and SOME of the supposed reasons he came to PSU. I have said it vERY clearly, if everything is level for all programs, then GOD speed to you. You can ague up and down about the WHYs but you can not ague the facts. There is an incredible discrepancy in recruiting between you guys and EVERYONE else!

WOW guys, I may have narcisism How many of these do I have to have to be diagnosed Doc.???
Coming from me, this is a real insult.

Did I say an Olympic Style Power Clean? No, and I don't know how you can imply that is what I wrote. A power clean without going to the front squat requires less weight to be used. It stimulates the fast twitch muscle fibers which produce explosiveness that is great for wrestling.

This is also why Olympic lifts are good to use in training. Nothing better to provide strength and stability of joints at a fast speed. It is also a very athletic lift, Speed, Strength, Timing and Body position is required to completing any of the Olympic lifts. Besides the current olympic lifts are fairly easy to judge, as opposed to the clean and press prior to 1972, which was difficult to judge.

You sure love to move the goalposts, in a debate.

I will start leaving you some breadcrumbs to follow to help you figure out who I am.

Maryland 1981-1984
148 and 165 lb weight class

One time I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken! SIR IRON

Yes THANK YOU some on here are pretty messed up NO doubt!!!

I looked into this some and have contradicting information? Certainly appears you may be right? I will do more research, but what are you trying to trap?

Again, there are very specify training methods which ALL must be trained to reach peak performance. There is MAX strength, SPEED strength, and REPETITION strength. For lack of a more knowledgeable audience. I will explain it like this. To train only one, would be similar to training only one position in Wrestling!
@bourbon n blues -- this conversation sounds like it is up your alley.

just WOW sleepy now back to nap time please!
You can take your nap. I don't take them, that's why I'm sleepy.

So, how was it different? Is it one was a highly recruited superstar who had all the resources of one of the top programs in the country and the other was a recruiting afterthought who overachieved?

Did I say an Olympic Style Power Clean? No, and I don't know how you can imply that is what I wrote. A power clean without going to the front squat requires less weight to be used. It stimulates the fast twitch muscle fibers which produce explosiveness that is great for wrestling.

This is also why Olympic lifts are good to use in training. Nothing better to provide strength and stability of joints at a fast speed. It is also a very athletic lift, Speed, Strength, Timing and Body position is required to completing any of the Olympic lifts. Besides the current olympic lifts are fairly easy to judge, as opposed to the clean and press prior to 1972, which was difficult to judge.

You sure love to move the goalposts, in a debate.

I will start leaving you some breadcrumbs to follow to help you figure out who I am.

Maryland 1981-1984
148 and 165 lb weight class
OK, let me explain. Olympic Lifters are the most explosive athletes in the word. That is to say, they can generate power! As a coach, one might say " yea YEA thats what I want for my athletes too!!!"

This was all found out during testing of American O lifters traveling over seas on a ship. The problem is they A) forgot to take into account the amount of training they do and B) they did not realize the stress on the joints.

They are also the most complicated lifts to do correctly , hence another reason why other sports coaches modify them. There are MUCH better ways to train other athletes for all the things you mention! Maybe you heard of WESTSIDE???

As for who you are and those clues???? I haven't the foggiest idea?? Sorry
You can take your nap. I don't take them, that's why I'm sleepy.

So, how was it different? Is it one was a highly recruited superstar who had all the resources of one of the top programs in the country and the other was a recruiting afterthought who overachieved?
Listen sleepy, you can choose to take a NAP, or I can make you take a NAP if you get my drift!!!! Now really, how is it different??? You honestly haven't a clue???

Lets play a game and see if you can come up with say 1-6 differences? 1 = failing, 3 = 50 and 6 = 100% good luck

There’s an old study that created the myth about opossums being voracious tick eaters. That may be the contradicting information you’ve found. The study I cited is the latest research regarding the topic. I trap recreationally since fur values are basically nonexistent nowadays. I mostly trap fishers, raccoons, and opossums. Each are nest predators for turkeys. Being that I enjoy seeing turkeys, I try to help give their clutch a better chance at survival and keep predator numbers in check by trapping

Reactions: IRONBIRD
OK, let me explain. Olympic Lifters are the most explosive athletes in the word. That is to say, they can generate power! As a coach, one might say " yea YEA thats what I want for my athletes too!!!"

This was all found out during testing of American O lifters traveling over seas on a ship. The problem is they A) forgot to take into account the amount of training they do and B) they did not realize the stress on the joints.

They are also the most complicated lifts to do correctly , hence another reason why other sports coaches modify them. There are MUCH better ways to train other athletes for all the things you mention! Maybe you heard of WESTSIDE???

As for who you are and those clues???? I haven't the foggiest idea?? Sorry

Listen sleepy, you can choose to take a NAP, or I can make you take a NAP if you get my drift!!!! Now really, how is it different??? You honestly haven't a clue???

Lets play a game and see if you can come up with say 1-6 differences? 1 = failing, 3 = 50 and 6 = 100% good luck
All that I know of Westside is their training routines for PLifting require a lifter to be on gear in order to recover from the workload. If you aren't you will burn out quickly. Maybe there is more to it but this 63 year old man, isn't training (or training) anyone now. I had my day, so I leave that for the young.

All that I know of Westside is their training routines for PLifting require a lifter to be on gear in order to recover from the workload. If you aren't you will burn out quickly. Maybe there is more to it but this 63 year old man, isn't training (or training) anyone now. I had my day, so I leave that for the young.
By GEAR do you mean supportive gear or PED gear? Both are somewhat off base. They have many RAW lifters setting records too. That plus Louie was probably training more athletes in other sports then anything else.

Everyone everywhere uses something popularized by WESTSIDE!!! A quick look into the PSU weight room someone posted for example has several GHR machines!

I lifted all natural and certainly did need to make modifications but used a lot of their stuff!

Did you establish any HS records with your lifters? I would love to hear numbers? SQ, Bench Deadlift, pull-ups, Box jumps if you did them etc.... For example, when talking about explosive strength, we had 2 kids box jump 52 inches.

I had kids who could box jump 44 with a weighed vest.

By GEAR do you mean supportive gear or PED gear? Both are somewhat off base. They have many RAW lifters setting records too. That plus Louie was probably training more athletes in other sports then anything else.

Everyone everywhere uses something popularized by WESTSIDE!!! A quick look into the PSU weight room someone posted for example has several GHR machines!

I lifted all natural and certainly did need to make modifications but used a lot of their stuff!

Did you establish any HS records with your lifters? I would love to hear numbers? SQ, Bench Deadlift, pull-ups, Box jumps if you did them etc.... For example, when talking about explosive strength, we had 2 kids box jump 52 inches.

I had kids who could box jump 44 with a weighed vest.
On gear = PED.

Maybe they are training raw lifters differently now, because box squats, chains, elastic bands with no pause bench press really doesn't work for raw lifters as they have no supportive garments to help. I remember when bench press shirts came out, and I was told that the hardest part of the lift was getting the bar to sit on your chest. When I saw them I understood why, big difference then benching in a t-shirt. That was when I realized it was time to get out of the sport I loved, it changed from a pure strength sport, to one where you only had to work on ancillary movements to get past sticking points after the benefit of the garment was gone. Wearing a bench shirt I am sure that I could press 400lbs at 165.

The only one I remember is one of our football players benching 400 @ a body weight of less than 190 lbs. Phenomenal athlete who played running back and was our placekicker too.

I'd like you to try to make me take a nap.
I do not need to play your games. I do not need to prove anything to you. You came here trolling and now your anger is showing.

Reactions: WexfordWarrior
On gear = PED.

Maybe they are training raw lifters differently now, because box squats, chains, elastic bands with no pause bench press really doesn't work for raw lifters as they have no supportive garments to help. I remember when bench press shirts came out, and I was told that the hardest part of the lift was getting the bar to sit on your chest. When I saw them I understood why, big difference then benching in a t-shirt. That was when I realized it was time to get out of the sport I loved, it changed from a pure strength sport, to one where you only had to work on ancillary movements to get past sticking points after the benefit of the garment was gone. Wearing a bench shirt I am sure that I could press 400lbs at 165.

The only one I remember is one of our football players benching 400 @ a body weight of less than 190 lbs. Phenomenal athlete who played running back and was our placekicker too.
Yes and no, Chains, bands, box squats, etc... work, just have to be used correctly for the out come you are working toward. The chains and bands are a form of accommodating resistance. One of the most important things Westside brought to the table was always changing lifts to prevent adaptation!

You change bars, resistance, Pause, no pause, box, block etc.....

I agree with the supportive gear. When I started Powerlifting in the early 90s, gear meets were basically all there was. The gear though ws mostly single ply INZER stuff. I remember being a new lifter and I brought a Inzer size 52 Bench shirt. I was competing at 181.

Well a rioded up monster cutting to 242 class was training for the same upcoming meet. He had just brought a size 46!!! I went thru my entire bench workout before several guys could get him into the shirt. It was hysterical! Funnest part was he could not get his big head through. Well they finally got shirt on and they loaded bar somewhere around 50 over his raw max.

He took the weight, went 1/2 way down, could not go any further, they racked it and it took them a few minutes to get the shirt back off.

400 at 190 is incredible! I had a Special ed kid who certainly had that freak strength bench 425 as a HS sophomore!!! He was short and weighed around 250-260 but it was the craziest sh*t I ever saw. He took a liking to me and I tried to work with him and help him as much as I could.

Strong right off the bat, probably benched close to 200 1st time touching a bar! He just always wanted to go heavy. He would come in every week and want to add another 20 pounds or so. I would say, "Mike, it does not work like that." He would laugh and just keep going up and up and up!!!

It was said he did 440 at a local gym, he was overtraining leading up to our end of the Summer RECORDS week a couple of weeks before Football starts.
I'd like you to try to make me take a nap.
I do not need to play your games. I do not need to prove anything to you. You came here trolling and now your anger is showing.
I would like that too, see we agree on something!!! You may want to go back and check posts??? You are the one TROLLING buddy not me!

tell ironbird to thank the refs again as usual!they get all the breaks even on the road!

tell ironbird to thank the refs again as usual!they get all the breaks even on the road!
Not sure IOWA receives any breaks? Looking at it from my perspective, I thought we was getting hosed on some of the quick stall calls? Several reviews were initiated by the officials and I believe they got them correct?

If you wanted to point fingers? I would have to say point it at Dresser and staff! They seemed to make several mistakes and he so much as admitted that.

"Pressure can make Diamonds or Dust" 15K+ fans are waiting!!! So you all had better watch out because the HAWKS are coming for you!

Uh wait, is the dual at our place or yours this year?

Cael at Iowa State would be interesting. A lot of fans forget he built those early Iowa State teams as a 26 year old basically.

As for not being able to get the top guys at Iowa State over Iowa, I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure David Taylor was originally planning to go to Iowa State.

Taylor and Brown are two that I think both were headed there.. I think it would have snowballed pretty quickly too.
He got a good jump start with the guys who were already at PSU.. I would think it took a few years off the building process.

Taylor and Brown are two that I think both were headed there.. I think it would have snowballed pretty quickly too.
He got a good jump start with the guys who were already at PSU.. I would think it took a few years off the building process.
Yeah - don't forget that Quentin Wright, Ed Ruth and maybe Frank Molinaro were NOT recruited by Cael. All they needed was the right person to get them focused in the right direction.

Reactions: PD4thespawn
Cael inherited:
Quentin Wright
Ed Ruth (Ed claimed he didn't even know who Cael was when he came)
Frank Molinaro
Dan Vallimont

I think Nico and the Alton twins are guys that just are Penn Staters regardless, especially if we hired Rob Koll as expected. McIntosh was obviously 100% a Cael guy and he would have brought other big talents that get maximized at Ames.

Which honestly goes to show 2 things:
1. The talent PSU can naturally pick is insane, with or without Cael, he inherited quite a bit of talent
2. Cael brings out the best in our guys and no other coach could do what he has at Penn State contrary to what anyone thinks

Possums are great animals, they eat tons of ticks and other insects. Get new traps!!!

ALL - Please tell me what I am wrong about so far? I'll wait, but not for too long because I believe you are all wrong and won't be able to come up with even 1 thing!?!?!?!?
You are absolutely spot on wrt possums. Don’t even get me started on ticks!!!!

Reactions: IRONBIRD
I would like that too, see we agree on something!!! You may want to go back and check posts??? You are the one TROLLING buddy not me!
I'm just giving you what you're dishing out.

I checked the posts... post #1 announced the "Bird is the word".
#7 you described yourself as "a man of wealth and taste, been around long long years" and allowed us to have you "share my knowledge over hear(sic)!" These are two good subtle trolls.

Then you made your first threat of violence for those that do not agree with you, "you will LEAVE IN PIECES if you do not follow the rules!"

Then the next several pages were pretty good. I even tried to defend (#186) your "a little bit EXTRA" post (#93). Sure you had the typical fandom double-standards, Brands leaving VT is okay but Cael leaving ISU is almost evil and if someone is beating iowa they must be cheating themes.

Then you changed the topic twice. And later went off on how iowa won (not would have won) the 2020 championship (#231), which is ridiculous and a great troll job.

Then you made your story about "IF" (#292) which I replied to in good fun (#296).

Then the nonsense really started with the "SPENCER LEE at 100% is as close to unbeatable as you may ever see? ...he WON the NCAAs with two torn ACLs. I would say this is not possible but he did it!!!" (#343). This was just too rich. No one is ever 100% healthy, except maybe the first match of the year. If a man with one leg winning was not the most impossible outcome you've ever seen don't know what else to say. So, you got mocked (#368). And I think it was glorious.

I'm not even a SL hatter. I was at NCAAs to see greatness and I wanted to see that with a 4× Champ from him. But it was not to be. I hope he wins every gold metal he can in international competition. Although I am a bigger Nico fan, so I don't always root for SL.

You, apparently, did not like me mocking you. You come back with (#375) and I continued to give you what you had been dishing out. (#412). You responded with your second threat of violence (#421, first was #7). I'm still waiting for the keyboard courageous to make me take that NAP or leave me in PIECES. So, here we are.

You still angry bro?

No more breadcrumbs needed…

You’re not rocky Marciano ( little joke ) but your totals were damn impressive…

I'm just giving you what you're dishing out.

I checked the posts... post #1 announced the "Bird is the word".
#7 you described yourself as "a man of wealth and taste, been around long long years" and allowed us to have you "share my knowledge over hear(sic)!" These are two good subtle trolls.

Then you made your first threat of violence for those that do not agree with you, "you will LEAVE IN PIECES if you do not follow the rules!"

Then the next several pages were pretty good. I even tried to defend (#186) your "a little bit EXTRA" post (#93). Sure you had the typical fandom double-standards, Brands leaving VT is okay but Cael leaving ISU is almost evil and if someone is beating iowa they must be cheating themes.

Then you changed the topic twice. And later went off on how iowa won (not would have won) the 2020 championship (#231), which is ridiculous and a great troll job.

Then you made your story about "IF" (#292) which I replied to in good fun (#296).

Then the nonsense really started with the "SPENCER LEE at 100% is as close to unbeatable as you may ever see? ...he WON the NCAAs with two torn ACLs. I would say this is not possible but he did it!!!" (#343). This was just too rich. No one is ever 100% healthy, except maybe the first match of the year. If a man with one leg winning was not the most impossible outcome you've ever seen don't know what else to say. So, you got mocked (#368). And I think it was glorious.

I'm not even a SL hatter. I was at NCAAs to see greatness and I wanted to see that with a 4× Champ from him. But it was not to be. I hope he wins every gold metal he can in international competition. Although I am a bigger Nico fan, so I don't always root for SL.

You, apparently, did not like me mocking you. You come back with (#375) and I continued to give you what you had been dishing out. (#412). You responded with your second threat of violence (#421, first was #7). I'm still waiting for the keyboard courageous to make me take that NAP or leave me in PIECES. So, here we are.

You still angry bro?
Ok, This is a good but kinda long read. Lets dig into it!!!

The BIRD IS THE WORD post #1 was a play on my name. It is a name I did not choose but seems to be the most popular on these boards?

Not sure how old you are? You second point is another play on words from the get ROLLING STONES!

Your #3 point is yet another shot at keeping it FUN which I know is a big word over here!!! It is from a movie but I do not recall which one.

If you do not understand SPENCER LEE and what he did under the circumstance, then I guess you never will!!! You can choose ANY of the tremendous wrestlers that you have had over here, give them SL's "hand he was dealt", and let them "play" Could you or would you even think about saying ANY of them could have done what he did?

This is an HONEST question. Who you got, Taylor, Ruth, Brooks, etc..... Give them 1 torn ACL and????? Give them 2 and my guess is they, like EVERYONE else, would not even try to wrestle? Matter of fact, I never even heard of anyone else doing it more or less WINNING the NCAAs!!!!!

He just beat your boy Nico also. A very fine wrestlers himself, SL beat him at maybe 75%! AND yes that is where he is currently at. He is still working to get to 100% and this is FACT directly from inside source.

Please copy and paste your posts and mine, lets see who started it? My guess is you did. YES still angry so you might wanna just stay away!!?!??!
I thought I left enough for him, and you got very close to my last name. (off by one letter)
Guessing maybe I could do some research but why not just send your name if it is here for all to see anyway? If not, I will just take your best lifts/weight class/ age/ drug free or not/ gear or not.

My best numbers in competition going off the top of my head, loose single ply 181 lifetime drug free 501 sq 363 bench, 560 dead, set several sub master raw records later on moving up to 198.

There’s an old study that created the myth about opossums being voracious tick eaters. That may be the contradicting information you’ve found. The study I cited is the latest research regarding the topic. I trap recreationally since fur values are basically nonexistent nowadays. I mostly trap fishers, raccoons, and opossums. Each are nest predators for turkeys. Being that I enjoy seeing turkeys, I try to help give their clutch a better chance at survival and keep predator numbers in check by trapping
Come on man, admit it. It's all about the possum stew!
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT