ADVERTISEMENT

HAVE YOU HEARD???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what this means here?
Season 4 Episode 24 GIF by Living Single

Last edited:
Not sure never remember seeing any of your posts? 2 faced???? I think not, tell it 100% how it is! Come to MY board and talk smack, you will get it back in spades!!!

Heard I was famous over here, came to see, found out that it seems everyone in PA knows me. Already received some good info about PA wrestling, which has made the effort worth while.

My opinion is it is very different in just about every way. Brands was going HOME! Brands was taking the TOP JOB in college wrestling. No one flew him in on a private jet and there was no promise of a large club money donation.

Cael took out HIS head coach and was at HIS school! Not saying you can not look for better opportunities etc.... but it has been reported that there was a little EXTRA in the deal!

My main concern is what it has done to college wrestling. As it stands, the amount of teams, especially in D1 has fallen considerably. Also the honest number of teams that can even have a remote chance to earn a trophy is now maybe 5-6???

The snowball effect with the Portal and NIL now, has most college teams getting burned even when they do a good job bringing in talent, who then look to leave!!! Where this goes, we shall see, but my concern is, we start to lose teams.

When I wrestled in college in the mid 80's, the amount of teams was something like 3Xs more. It is sad when HS wrestling is the 6th largest HS sport, yet the number who get a chance to move on is so incredibly small.

Schools were dropping wrestling BEFORE the portal, NIL and Cael united the tribes in Pennsylvania. It was probably more about title ix.

When was there more than 5-6 teams that had a good chance of winning a trophy? The main difference now is Iowa is no longer the favorite.

Reactions: Ski and mcpat
It’s Three now..
Pennstate will be wrestling Lehigh today just in case you’d like to see a takedown.
This did make me laugh I have to hand it TWOOOOOO you!!!
'Tis the season...
This was very Well Done!!! but SIR IRON does not like it!!!!!!
And once again, you would guess wrong.
Go ahead and prove me wrong if you can????
try harder, click the link, actually watch, then comment. You wont. you don’t like hard jabs
I did click but again I am on an old server and because I did not create my account and still to this day do not know or understand how it happened? I do not have a password, so I can not make any changes such as moving it to an upgraded server!!!

In other words, I can only get access on my old apple comp on the old out dated google. It auto logs me in but I do not have any idea what the password is??? So I believe some posted things I can not view correctly. When I clicked on it, I only saw a picture of hitler?

If anyone calls me hitler or makes comparisons, I will give you a boot in the ass!!!

Go ahead and prove me wrong if you can????
Is that how this works? You make an unsubstantiated guess and instead of offering any evidence, others have to prove you wrong?

Since the Spencer vs Nolf comparison seems to be especially upsetting to Iowa fans, I’ll use him.

Nolf:
117-3 (97.5%)
87 wins by Fall or Tech Fall (72.5%)
Won on injured knee
Losses were in SV and by one point to 4x finalist / 2-time Champ IMAR
Other loss was by injury default
4x Finalist / 3x champ

Spencer
98-6 (94.2%)
68 wins by Fall or Tech Fall (65.4%)
Won on injured knee
Too many losses to list all their circumstances but two of them were by fall to wrestlers that never won NCAAs
3x Finalist / 3x Champ

There is no possible way that any objective look at these two resumes would say Spencer was the better wrestler.

And judging by our poll on this board, we consider Nolf (only) our 4th best guy under Cael.

Is that how this works? You make an unsubstantiated guess and instead of offering any evidence, others have to prove you wrong?

Since the Spencer vs Nolf comparison seems to be especially upsetting to Iowa fans, I’ll use him.

Nolf:
117-3 (97.5%)
Won on injured knee
4x Finalist / 3x champ

Spencer
98-6 (94.2%)
Won on injured knee
Too many losses to list all their circumstances but two of them were by fall to wrestlers that never won NCAAs
3x Finalist / 3x Champ

There is no possible way that any objective look at these two resumes would say Spencer was the better wrestler.

And judging by our poll on this board, we consider Nolf (only) our 4th best guy under Cael.
I'll try.

But, but, but... SL had 2 knee injuries. This automatically doubles the number of wins and halves the number of defeats.

Did I do that right?

@ IRONBIRD

Scroll up you will find the link. Do I need to draw you a picture with crayons?
I read all the clues and I still couldn't figure it out applying different weight class filters to given years and gender filters using the identified organization. Couldn't find a name that looked like Rocky Marciano. SO DON'T FEEL BAD @IRONBIRD!!!

Reactions: IRONBIRD
I read all the clues and I still couldn't figure it out applying different weight class filters to given years and gender filters using the identified organization. Couldn't find a name that looked like Rocky Marciano. SO DON'T FEEL BAD @IRONBIRD!!!
You needed to also filter on meets and look for ones in Maryland between 82-84. Then scroll down the names and make sure the weight class is either 148 or 165.

You needed to also filter on meets and look for ones in Maryland between 82-84. Then scroll down the names and make sure the weight class is either 148 or 165.
Ok. I did the two weight classes but also only what you wrote you completed under. Will try again out of curiosity/compulsiveness

Nolf:
117-3 (97.5%)
Won on injured knee
4x Finalist / 3x champ

Spencer
98-6 (94.2%)
Won on injured knee
3x Finalist / 3x Champ

A few VERY interesting points to see here! 1st I would ask, why you Knuckleheads have him 4th best if he has the highest % here which I have to assume he does because you used him???

2nd as someone posted thinking it ISN'T a factor???? What was Nolfs injury? Do you believe HONESTLY that he could have done what SL did under the same circumstances? I will answer for you because even he said it!!!

MAYBE you should see the latest video of these TWOOO beasts together! My hope is, NOLF will head over to IOWA!!!
People are still debating Ironburd with reason and facts?

Don't we have more productive things to do -- like shaving our tongues or soaking in bleach?
Now now, please refrain from posting stupid ideas!!!! We must understand the IQ level of some posters on here!!! They could take it as a challenge kinda like when they were eating soap pods!
Yea this guy must be undercover or something????
Kerkvliet weighed in at 255 today.
UH, YOU ALL CAN NOT BE HAPPY WITH TODAYS MEET would be my 1st thing to say??? You had more stall calls with a homer REF in the 1st half the IOWA had against Iowa st. and you all were pointing fingers.

Many guys did not look sharp also, and not wrestling against Beard was lame unless Brooks is hurt which would not be good!
Man I hope my new friend bellow can figure this puzzle out? Best i came away with is you was a kinda heavy girl lifter maybe named maryland????
Ok. I did the two weight classes but also only what you wrote you completed under. Will try again out of curiosity/compulsiveness
Keep me posted TY!

A few VERY interesting points to see here! 1st I would ask, why you Knuckleheads have him 4th best if he has the highest % here which I have to assume he does because you used him???

2nd as someone posted thinking it ISN'T a factor???? What was Nolfs injury? Do you believe HONESTLY that he could have done what SL did under the same circumstances? I will answer for you because even he said it!!!

MAYBE you should see the latest video of these TWOOO beasts together! My hope is, NOLF will head over to IOWA!!!

Now now, please refrain from posting stupid ideas!!!! We must understand the IQ level of some posters on here!!! They could take it as a challenge kinda like when they were eating soap pods!

UH, YOU ALL CAN NOT BE HAPPY WITH TODAYS MEET would be my 1st thing to say??? You had more stall calls with a homer REF in the 1st half the IOWA had against Iowa st. and you all were pointing fingers.

Many guys did not look sharp also, and not wrestling against Beard was lame unless Brooks is hurt which would not be good!

Man I hope my new friend bellow can figure this puzzle out? Best i came away with is you was a kinda heavy girl lifter maybe named maryland????

Keep me posted TY!
Good lord man. Take the L. Taylor also had a higher fall/tech fall percentage (69.4%) than Spencer. Your guy was really good. But he wasn’t a unicorn.

Keep me posted TY!
Listen Spencer is not who you think he is. He was a very good wrestler in my opinion but not great. He didn't have what it took to do what he needed to do. And wrestling on one bad knee or two bad knees isnt as tough as it is stupid on the brands part for letting it happen. I'll put him in the same category as any other three time champion

@Mat Burn - all good now. Curiosity satisfied. Hadn't scrolled to the right on my phone to see locations.
My last meet @ 165 sucked, I left 100 pounds easy on the platform my day. I have my own Spencer Lee injury story a month and a half before the meet which kept me from training squats and deadlifts.

Being in that situation and having your body sabotage your dreams I always give injured athletes the benefit of the doubt.

Which is why someone like Cael I admire greatly. Not only beating everyone who towed the line, but got past injury and illness for 4 seasons.

@Mat Burn - all good now. Curiosity satisfied. Hadn't scrolled to the right on my phone to see locations.

My last meet @ 165 sucked, I left 100 pounds easy on the platform my day. I have my own Spencer Lee injury story a month and a half before the meet which kept me from training squats and deadlifts.

Being in that situation and having your body sabotage your dreams I always give injured athletes the benefit of the doubt.

Which is why someone like Cael I admire greatly. Not only beating everyone who towed the line, but got past injury and illness for 4 seasons.
Still lost? How about initials?

Keep me posted TY!

Excuses are for wusses.

Reactions: danoftw
Iowa path to victory and I think Ironbird would agree..

125 Ayala over Steen by fall 6-0 Iowa
133 Teske Dec Shunk (Nagao sick) 9-0 Iowa
141. Woods MD Bartlett 13-0 Iowa
149 A Ferrari Dec Van Ness (he beat VV 2-1 so he should be finalist) 16-0 Iowa
157 Franek Dec Haines come up big in this 1 vs 2 matchup 19-0 Iowa
165 Caliendo Dec MM (Iowa likes their guy) 22-0 Iowa
174 Arnold over Stallrocci (savior #2 and did beat two AAs) 25-0 Iowa
184 Truax dec Riggins 25-3 Iowa
197 AJ Ferrari dec Brooks 28-3 Iowa
285 Hill ff ( Kerk Sick) 34-3 Iowa

Not so far fetched is it..

Last edited:

285 Hill ff ( Kerk Sick) 31-3 Iowa

That is more like a narrow mountain path fraught with falling rocks, and cliffs waiting for you to slip on,

You would have to be part goat to navigate that.

• Wow
Anyone have the stall calls against PSU handy vs. Iowa vs. Iowa st. dual??
Interesting to break it out since Iron said it...

I had PSU getting warned once at 149 for backing out of the mat. There was not a second in that match. Lehigh was at 6 (133, 157, 174), with 3 points awarded.
I do not have iowa's stats.

I had PSU getting warned once at 149 for backing out of the mat. There was not a second in that match. Lehigh was at 6 (133, 157, 174), with 3 points awarded.

I’ll add on

1. Haines locked his hands in the third
2.Steen was warned in the third
3 Cochran was warned in the third

There were 2 on messenbrink but they happened so fast you probably missed them.

285 Hill ff ( Kerk Sick) 34-3 Iowa

I like the way you think!!! Honestly, I would like to see us win at 25, compete at 33( no tech or fall) win at 41, Have a hard fought match at 49/57 with a win at either or both HUGE!!!

165 win, 174 IF Arnold wrestles I would again like to see a tuff match IF he won it??? lets just say ForGetAboutIt!!! no bonus at 184 would be a major victory right now.

IF AJ is back??? A win at 197!!!! Hope we do not get killed at heavy!!! IF we were able to somehow win this dual, there would be a melt down of epic proportions here!!!

• Haha
Reactions: pish69
I like the way you think!!! Honestly, I would like to see us win at 25, compete at 33( no tech or fall) win at 41, Have a hard fought match at 49/57 with a win at either or both HUGE!!!

165 win, 174 IF Arnold wrestles I would again like to see a tuff match IF he won it??? lets just say ForGetAboutIt!!! no bonus at 184 would be a major victory right now.

IF AJ is back??? A win at 197!!!! Hope we do not get killed at heavy!!! IF we were able to somehow win this dual, there would be a melt down of epic proportions here!!!
Ok..now here's the reality..

125..Ayala dec Davis 3-0 Iowa
133..Nagao md Teske 4-3 PSU
141..Woods dec BB 6-4 Iowa
149 SVN majors VV or AF 8-6 PSU
157 Levi dec Franek 11-6 PSU
165 MM dec Caliendo 14-6 (could be major but being generous)
174 Cstar pins Arnold(all the talk and Carters going kill mode) 20-6 PSU
184 Truax tech Riggins? 25-6 PSU
197 AB tech Glazier or dec AJ 30 or 28-6 PSU
285 Kerk pins Hill PSU 36 or 34 to 6 final

If Davis and BB pull upsets and pitch a shutout, HR is going to go ballistic and I'm sure MSU158 will come up with someway Iowa can turn it around next time

Reactions: AriesRam
Ok..now here's the reality..

125..Ayala dec Davis 3-0 Iowa
133..Nagao md Teske 4-3 PSU
141..Woods dec BB 6-4 Iowa
149 SVN majors VV or AF 8-6 PSU
157 Levi dec Franek 11-6 PSU
165 MM dec Caliendo 14-6 (could be major but being generous)
174 Cstar pins Arnold(all the talk and Carters going kill mode) 20-6 PSU
184 Truax tech Riggins? 25-6 PSU
197 AB tech Glazier or dec AJ 30 or 28-6 PSU
285 Kerk pins Hill PSU 36 or 34 to 6 final

If Davis and BB pull upsets and pitch a shutout, HR is going to go ballistic and I'm sure MSU158 will come up with someway Iowa can turn it around next time
125-OK
133-as of late OK
141-OK
149- against TRIPLE V3 I would say possible with the new 3 point TD if he can avoid going under the V. Have not seen enough of AF#2 but I would be VERY concerned if I was you and am guessing you will be happy IF you get a win!
157- Have to say OK, but this should be very close!
165- Have NO idea what you are looking at to believe this?
174-NOT a snowballs chance in HELL anyone pins Arnold!!! Brands went toe to toe with Cstar and I believe it was like 2-1 or something?
184-OK
197- YesIF Glazier, I will take AJ!!!!
285- OK

I would do odds something like

125 Ayala 5-1
133 Nagao 25-1
141 Woods 5-2
149 SVN against Triple V3 20-1 against AF#2 10-2
157 Levi 3-1
165 Caliendo 4-1
174 Cstar against Arnold 4-1
184 Traux 50-1
197 AB 99-1 over Glazier even money against AJ
285 Kerk 99-1

125-OK
133-as of late OK
141-OK
149- against TRIPLE V3 I would say possible with the new 3 point TD if he can avoid going under the V. Have not seen enough of AF#2 but I would be VERY concerned if I was you and am guessing you will be happy IF you get a win!
157- Have to say OK, but this should be very close!
165- Have NO idea what you are looking at to believe this?
174-NOT a snowballs chance in HELL anyone pins Arnold!!! Brands went toe to toe with Cstar and I believe it was like 2-1 or something?
184-OK
197- YesIF Glazier, I will take AJ!!!!
285- OK

I would do odds something like

125 Ayala 5-1
133 Nagao 25-1
141 Woods 5-2
149 SVN against Triple V3 20-1 against AF#2 10-2
157 Levi 3-1
165 Caliendo 4-1
174 Cstar against Arnold 4-1
184 Traux 50-1
197 AB 99-1 over Glazier even money against AJ
285 Kerk 99-1
You’ll give me 4-1 odds with MM? How much..I will take whatever you agree to.

I’ll take same with AB vs AJ if it happens

Keep me posted TY!

Excuses are for wusses.

I’ll add on

1. Haines locked his hands in the third
2.Steen was warned in the third
3 Cochran was warned in the third

There were 2 on messenbrink but they happened so fast you probably missed them.
Just an FYI
iowa vs.isu
Testes 1
woodie 2
voinasissy 1
franekisi 1
caliendo backi up o 3
hill 1
total of 9

psu vs. Lehigh
1 kasak
1 haines
1 Cochran

3 total for psu..

go fish iron..
we had you on a pedestal here and now you are ruining that..

You’ll give me 4-1 odds with MM? How much..I will take whatever you agree to.

I’ll take same with AB vs AJ if it happens
WHOA, slow your roll down dude. Above, you have your guy with a major. So if you wanna bet on that? Let ME know how much?

I was setting odds that I believe would be reasonable right now.

If AJ is back, I may take that action for sure!!!

Time for ANOTHER GREAT TOPIC # 6

How many wrestlers will you lose?

OK 1st no getting your panties in a bundle here!!!! It just seems almost certain that PSU has some log jams and some wrestlers will have to make a hard choice!

Also, some wrestlers have already transferred such as Beard, and Nevilus.

I have a strange feeling on this Cstar fella saying he is NOT returning!?!?!?

It would seem that IF he wins #4, he would almost have to come back to try and win an unprecedented #5 D1 which obviously has never been done! Now it is my belief that he may be trying to drive up his value?

There is also the possibility that the coaches are in his ear due to the possibility of him keeping his spot for another year? Even with him leaving, there will be several very high quality kids with no where to turn but loose!!!

As an IOWA guy, I am hoping that will be the case and we might snag a few!!! It would certainly add greatly to the rivalry if one of you TOP ranked recruits becomes a HAWK!!!

Before you laugh, we have gotten Teske and Teasdale. These were pretty solid guys coming in but maybe not as great going out.

So what do you all see as your very early line up for next season? What 10 are on the mat and who might be on the bench or gone?

Time for ANOTHER GREAT TOPIC # 6

How many wrestlers will you lose?

OK 1st no getting your panties in a bundle here!!!! It just seems almost certain that PSU has some log jams and some wrestlers will have to make a hard choice!

Also, some wrestlers have already transferred such as Beard, and Nevilus.

I have a strange feeling on this Cstar fella saying he is NOT returning!?!?!?

It would seem that IF he wins #4, he would almost have to come back to try and win an unprecedented #5 D1 which obviously has never been done! Now it is my belief that he may be trying to drive up his value?

There is also the possibility that the coaches are in his ear due to the possibility of him keeping his spot for another year? Even with him leaving, there will be several very high quality kids with no where to turn but loose!!!

As an IOWA guy, I am hoping that will be the case and we might snag a few!!! It would certainly add greatly to the rivalry if one of you TOP ranked recruits becomes a HAWK!!!

Before you laugh, we have gotten Teske and Teasdale. These were pretty solid guys coming in but maybe not as great going out.

So what do you all see as your very early line up for next season? What 10 are on the mat and who might be on the bench or gone?
Are you at home with two broken legs and taking OXY? This the only explanation that seems to explain your irrational rants.

Are you at home with two broken legs and taking OXY? This the only explanation that seems to explain your irrational rants.

No right now at home with 2 good legs as STRONG as an OX though!

Now give me your thoughts on what you see?
Me too, for both. As much as the bird wants to bet.
Look, he has MM by major so If you want to bet on that? and he had AB over AJ by what? So I'll take that TWOOOOO

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT