ADVERTISEMENT

HAVE YOU HEARD???

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 1936, a statewide temporary 10% tax on alcohol was created to assist with the city's recovery from the flood. By 1942, the tax had contributed $42 million to recovery costs. In 1951, the tax was made permanent, becoming the state liquor tax, with funds no longer earmarked for costs related to the flood.
“Temporary “? Lolol. Brings to mind the old saying….’If you want to see eternal life, just look at government taxes!’

• Haha
Reactions: IRONBIRD
Need to get more discussions going so lets move on to TOPIC #7 Wrestling Clubs

I am well aware of some of the more famous clubs like TOP GUN. I also believe Taylor has a new club? Saw Nolf posting some videos not sure if he is running something or maybe doing private lessons?

Question is, how many clubs are in PA? Are there other big clubs that are helping produce top talent? We have a few clubs in my area, but it does not appear like we have anything close to some that I have seen. By that I mean, I do not see that we have the facilities or the high end quality instructors.

Part of that may be the outrages expense of property here. To rent, or buy a building is off the charts expensive, but man I always think about if I ever hit lotto what could be done here! Very dense population, many areas that are upper class etc...

If you look at DANCE clubs for example. It is like EVERY town has one! They are extremely expensive and very well attended. Honestly, I think just about everyone I know with a daughter has sent their kid to a dance club at least for a few years.

They also get TOP dollar for any kind of baseball training, LAX training and more. Would love to get a kid from PSU, or IOWA and open a high end club.
PA has a buttload of Clubs. Just some of the ones off the top of my head:
Quest, Rob Waller All American, Young Guns, M2, Bad Karma, Dark Knights, Team Nauman, Marstellar, OMP, Ragin’ Raisins..

In 1936, a statewide temporary 10% tax on alcohol was created to assist with the city's recovery from the flood. By 1942, the tax had contributed $42 million to recovery costs. In 1951, the tax was made permanent, becoming the state liquor tax, with funds no longer earmarked for costs related to the flood.
AH, now I get it. We don't have that here but what we do have is TOLL BRIDGES. My understanding is, the tolls were set up to help pay the costs of the bridges. You can look up the average haul of cash per day and it is pretty amazing!!!

The way i see it, it should be made of GOLD with the $$$$ they have collected. We should most likely stay away from any government or politics but I believe everyone is in the same boat when it comes to taxes and government spending.

Good post above about the clubs. Would like to here more details. Who runs them, what they charge, how big(square footage obviously using mats for example 1 full mat ) they are? Do they offer weight training and other things like saunas, bikes, etc.....

Lots of grass roots clubs too... Wrestling mat in the basement or garage... Funded by parents for their kids and kids friends..

Lots of grass roots clubs too... Wrestling mat in the basement or garage... Funded by parents for their kids and kids friends..
That's just a cover, of course...

We all know the truth - that Ira Lubert secret funds every club in the state with the understanding that anyone who wrestles at one has to attend PSU.

That's just a cover, of course...

We all know the truth - that Ira Lubert secret funds every club in the state with the understanding that anyone who wrestles at one has to attend PSU.
Hmmm, you think Ira would make a nice contribution to IOWA TWOOOO!?!?!?!?

Good post above about the clubs. Would like to here more details. Who runs them, what they charge, how big(square footage obviously using mats for example 1 full mat ) they are? Do they offer weight training and other things like saunas, bikes, etc.....
IB … when did we become your research dept. look it up, google is your friend. Let me know, get back to me.

IB … when did we become your research dept. look it up, google is your friend. Let me know, get back to me.
I guess when you all invited me over with 25000 posts??? I am not sure though. OK I will check into clubs thanks.
Ira called Tom, Tom said he was going to call him back after he called Brooks.

Not aware of any other big donor named brooks?

Can’t tell if this is a joke or if you’re serious ?
Oh I’m serious, I don’t have a sense of humor.
Season 18 Episode 21 GIF by The Simpsons

Hey Ironbird,
Have you heard the rumor that, supposedly, sitting down, Cael & Casey are still taller than Tom & Terry standing up? Can you shed any light on this? Are Tom & Terry 4-foot 3-inches tall or 4-foot 6 inches tall? TIA

Come on guy!!! Get outa town, this is a great thread you are just angry everyone is busting on District 4!

Not sure what I am missing on the Dam? Maybe a PA thing? I will try to be more careful next time, LOL

Need to get more discussions going so lets move on to TOPIC #7 Wrestling Clubs

I am well aware of some of the more famous clubs like TOP GUN. I also believe Taylor has a new club? Saw Nolf posting some videos not sure if he is running something or maybe doing private lessons?

Question is, how many clubs are in PA? Are there other big clubs that are helping produce top talent? We have a few clubs in my area, but it does not appear like we have anything close to some that I have seen. By that I mean, I do not see that we have the facilities or the high end quality instructors.

Part of that may be the outrages expense of property here. To rent, or buy a building is off the charts expensive, but man I always think about if I ever hit lotto what could be done here! Very dense population, many areas that are upper class etc...

If you look at DANCE clubs for example. It is like EVERY town has one! They are extremely expensive and very well attended. Honestly, I think just about everyone I know with a daughter has sent their kid to a dance club at least for a few years.

They also get TOP dollar for any kind of baseball training, LAX training and more. Would love to get a kid from PSU, or IOWA and open a high end club.
Really who is busting on district four? And I am asking the right question. Just saying enough is enough how many times can you give a nerd a wedgy in gym class until it stops being funny. Or were you that nerd?
season 13 episode 20 GIF

Hey Ironbird,
Have you heard the rumor that, supposedly, sitting down, Cael & Casey are still taller than Tom & Terry standing up? Can you shed any light on this? Are Tom & Terry 4-foot 3-inches tall or 4-foot 6 inches tall? TIA
I am guessing that if TNT stand on all their hardware they have won, that they are actually much taller!!!
Anytime I read IRONBIRD’s posts (here or on GIA) I can’t help but picture Captain Caveman.

captain-caveman-jumping.gif
LMAO, I have to say that this is a very good analogy and might be more accurate then you think according to those who know me!
Not the same person. No way. I like trying to decipher GIA Ironturd, this Ironturd is a farce.
UH beer drinking dude. Please refrain from the name calling. We have all agreed here that SIR IRON is the name!
Really who is busting on district four? And I am asking the right question. Just saying enough is enough how many times can you give a nerd a wedgy in gym class until it stops being funny. Or were you that nerd?
season 13 episode 20 GIF
Oh everyone up in this bitch is busting on district 4!!! Saying just about every district is better! Giving wedges never gets old kinda like T&A

I am guessing that if TNT stand on all their hardware they have won, that they are actually much taller!!!

LMAO, I have to say that this is a very good analogy and might be more accurate then you think according to those who know me!

UH beer drinking dude. Please refrain from the name calling. We have all agreed here that SIR IRON is the name!

Oh everyone up in this bitch is busting on district 4!!! Saying just about every district is better! Giving wedges never gets old kinda like T&A
Well if you knew PA wrestling you would know how ridiculous that statement is. District four is absolutely loaded with PA greats and high schools that produce state champions including zpain lol. I'm not saying it's the best district but it's up there with the best

Reactions: Hotshoe and hlstone
Well if you knew PA wrestling you would know how ridiculous that statement is. District four is absolutely loaded with PA greats and high schools that produce state champions including zpain lol. I'm not saying it's the best district but it's up there with the best
This response got me thinking: Which districts would make up the top 5? To me, the only one that’s a lock on anybody’s list is District 11 for obvious reasons. I’m intrigued to hear everyone else’s thoughts about which districts would be in the top 5. Also, I’m talking consideration of all time results not just current ones

Reactions: mcpat
This response got me thinking: Which districts would make up the top 5? To me, the only one that’s a lock on anybody’s list is District 11 for obvious reasons. I’m intrigued to hear everyone else’s thoughts about which districts would be in the top 5. Also, I’m talking consideration of all time results not just current ones
There’s been a few occasions in which I started but never posted a thread on best wrestlers by PA district. Just never felt I knew or could find enough online for all districts. But I would love to see this thread started by someone else.

There’s been a few occasions in which I started but never posted a thread on best wrestlers by PA district. Just never felt I knew or could find enough online for all districts. But I would love to see this thread started by someone else.

WOW everyone, they say that "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!" So once again TY!!! Another saying from the GREAT Louie Simmons goes something like " Often imitated ALWAYS irritated!!!!"

So please whilst LEARNING for SIR IRON try to come up with your own topics!!!

WOW everyone, they say that "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!" So once again TY!!! Another saying from the GREAT Louie Simmons goes something like " Often imitated ALWAYS irritated!!!!"

So please whilst LEARNING for SIR IRON try to come up with your own topics!!!
quote-number-one-like-yourself-number-two-you-have-to-eat-healthy-and-number-three-you-ve-richard-simmons-27-22-37.jpg

That is somewhat messed up even for you stroke!?!?!? I mean, how do you even find and/or know about something as screwed up as this??? Tell me you are not or never were a Wrestler and just like to watch???

Yeah… that narcissism post is looking more and more fitting for sir Ironturd. I mean who refers to themselves in the 3rd person?

Yeah… that narcissism post is looking more and more fitting for sir Ironturd. I mean who refers to themselves in the 3rd person?
I refer to myself in the 3rd and even 4th and 5th sometimes! You must realize, I have to deal with you people whilst you have the great fortune of posting with SIR IRON and remember keep the turd out like you might with your pants!!!!

If you don't???? I may send your sicko buddy bellow over to your house!!!
Ill wrestle you Iron... Since you are the visiting wrestler you bring the Baby Oil, the good stuff not that dollar store crap..
Yep, that was what I was guessing!!! I rather you go watch another sport!

• Haha
Reactions: Cstroke
Ironturds hypermasculinity and overall undeserved bravado is obviously compensating for something…
You talk TWOOO much without saying anything of substance? Try for once to bring something ANYTHING to the table!!!! Post after post of garbage dude, it gets old fast! From the very beginning in this thread, i clearly stated my position and the fact that YOU or anyone else DOES NOT HAVE TO BE HERE!!!

Move on with your bad self and go do whatever it might be that you do for GOD sake!!!

As a public service...

To put someone on ignore, mouse over their avatar and an information box will appear. Pull the mouse down into the box and click on the word "ignore" which is found on the lower left corner next to the word "follow".

• Haha
Reactions: flyinorvi and Ski
giphy.gif

You talk TWOOO much without saying anything of substance? Try for once to bring something ANYTHING to the table!!!! Post after post of garbage dude, it gets old fast! From the very beginning in this thread, i clearly stated my position and the fact that YOU or anyone else DOES NOT HAVE TO BE HERE!!!

Move on with your bad self and go do whatever it might be that you do for GOD sake!!!
I would confront you with logic, but you’ve already proven you do not acknowledge nor comprehend logic.

I would confront you with logic, but you’ve already proven you d not acknowledge nor comprehend logic
Yes I have seen this from all the wisdom in previous posts you have made? The picture you have, is that really you?
I've decided to remove the turd from my life.
Excellent choice CONGRATS to you for this!

As I told district 4, it appears that most believe the other district are better! Some got mad I guess, but could have stated their argument!?!?!?

Moving right alone with a new TOPIC #8 RULES

I am not too sure how the rules committee seems to just keep screwing up? For example this 3 point TD is bogus, especially without addressing other scoring such as a Reversal!!!

You saw in Dave Carrs loss how dumb this is. Carr shot, guy countered, won the scramble with kinda short time. Carr Reverses him and is now still down by one. So this match instead of going OT as it should have, does not.

The rule I have been waiting to see is the PUSH OUT like FS. While I am not a huge fan of FS compared to Folk. I do like the fact that in FS you have to fight to stay on the mat. My thoughts are MAT size should be standardized and the rule should be added.

You thought on this and any others you might want to see added also?

Just for giggles I did something I don't do. I put Ironbird on ignore. This thread is now 1000% better. Try it and take a look. Just sayin'

Moving right alone with a new TOPIC #8 RULES

I am not too sure how the rules committee seems to just keep screwing up? For example this 3 point TD is bogus, especially without addressing other scoring such as a Reversal!!!

You saw in Dave Carrs loss how dumb this is. Carr shot, guy countered, won the scramble with kinda short time. Carr Reverses him and is now still down by one. So this match instead of going OT as it should have, does not.

The rule I have been waiting to see is the PUSH OUT like FS. While I am not a huge fan of FS compared to Folk. I do like the fact that in FS you have to fight to stay on the mat. My thoughts are MAT size should be standardized and the rule should be added.

You thought on this and any others you might want to see added also?
Of course Iowa fans want the push out. It is the entire offense for some guys.

Get an underhook, push, scream “STALLING”, and get a point for being a better sumo wrestler than your opponent.

Push out works in theory to combat guys running to the edge as a defense, so they can subtly bail out when someone gets on their legs. But as soon as it becomes a rule, it will become the main offense for too many guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT