ADVERTISEMENT

HAVE YOU HEARD???

Status
Not open for further replies.
No right now at home with 2 good legs as STRONG as an OX though!

Now give me your thoughts on what you see?

Look, he has MM by major so If you want to bet on that? and he had AB over AJ by what? So I'll take that TWOOOOO
He said MM by a major caliendo and you offered 4-1 to odds. I'm taking mm to major caliendo and you're giving me 4-1 odds.

Second bet, he had AB over AJ by decision and you are offering even money. I'll take that bet as well.

So what do you all see as your very early line up for next season? What 10 are on the mat and who might be on the bench or gone?
This is a question that is only asked by a person giving up on the current season. Got to look forward to something and better than living in the past.

Reactions: pish69
I have been wondering what everyone's preference for BBQing a big steak?

Sous vide - I have never tried it
Regular - over the coals until done with a nice char
Reverse sear - low temp until almost done then a high fire sear

Thoughts?

He said MM by a major caliendo and you offered 4-1 to odds. I'm taking mm to major caliendo and you're giving me 4-1 odds.

Second bet, he had AB over AJ by decision and you are offering even money. I'll take that bet as well.
I didn't "offer 4-1 odds" I said that was how I am looking at the match. You want to bet that MM majors Caliendo then by all means I am in! We would have to see if AJ is going this year? If he is, and is down at 197, I would bet that also!

Thoughts?
also do not know 1st? I think for big thick steaks, it is best to Reverse sear!

This is a question that is only asked by a person giving up on the current season. Got to look forward to something and better than living in the past.
You all do seem to have some kind of issues with some questions? The WEIGHT ROOM/WEIGHT TRAINING VIDEOS and now this possible transfers. These are not crazy questions!!! Really they are pretty simple.

"uh SIR IRON, I have never seen any of the wrestlers working out in the gym either." or, "SIR IRON, if you go to this link you will find the videos." Not really much more to it as all I was looking for was possible some insight to what they feel is the proper way to strength train for wrestling.

Maybe even if they have like a printed workout or something? I have already said that what little I have found on IOWA Wrestlers, I thought kinda stunk!

This NEW TOPIC is simple TWOOOO. " MR. IRON SIR, I feel we could lose to transfer the non-starter out of A,B, C, wrestlers" or " We will not lose anyone they ALL will stay!"

Could add, I also think Cstar will stay IF he wins #4, or I 100% know he is leaving because......????

You all do seem to have some kind of issues with some questions? The WEIGHT ROOM/WEIGHT TRAINING VIDEOS and now this possible transfers. These are not crazy questions!!! Really they are pretty simple.

"uh SIR IRON, I have never seen any of the wrestlers working out in the gym either." or, "SIR IRON, if you go to this link you will find the videos." Not really much more to it as all I was looking for was possible some insight to what they feel is the proper way to strength train for wrestling.

Maybe even if they have like a printed workout or something? I have already said that what little I have found on IOWA Wrestlers, I thought kinda stunk!

This NEW TOPIC is simple TWOOOO. " MR. IRON SIR, I feel we could lose to transfer the non-starter out of A,B, C, wrestlers" or " We will not lose anyone they ALL will stay!"

Could add, I also think Cstar will stay IF he wins #4, or I 100% know he is leaving because......????
You need to ask the right questions to the right people.

That is a problem in iowa.

Smart questions to smart people are better than dumb questions from dumb people.

I didn't "offer 4-1 odds" I said that was how I am looking at the match. You want to bet that MM majors Caliendo then by all means I am in! We would have to see if AJ is going this year? If he is, and is down at 197, I would bet that also!

Are you giving me 4-1 odds that mm doesn't major Caliendo? Are you offering even odds on AB winning against AJ?

Before you laugh, we have gotten Teske and Teasdale. These were pretty solid guys coming in but maybe not as great going out.
Are you referring to their time at Iowa?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Thoughts?
I am a regular kinda guy. I get my Green Egg to 600 plus for about a minute on each side, close all of the dampers and let the steak cook for about 3 more minutes, and you have a perfect medium rare.

This only works with steaks 1.5 to 2 inches thick. If you are into thinner stuff this won't work.

I have a new rack rig for my green egg that lets me cook "cowboy style" with the rack right down to the level of the coals. I have not tried it yet, but I am looking forward to it this summer. I will have to adjust my timing for this method I am sure. Might only be 30 seconds on each side with the steak at the coal level.

Right now it is too cold to cook out, or smoke cigars which explains the bad mood I have been in.

Reactions: IRONBIRD
Are you giving me 4-1 odds that mm doesn't major Caliendo? Are you offering even odds on AB winning against AJ?
According to you guys, you should be giving me 4-1!!! What I posted, is what I believe would be the odds by a book maker. IF you are very confident in your guy? I will bet you even money that MM does not major Caliendo. To make it fair, IF AJ is wrestling, we can bet that match also.

That gives you pretty fair odds in my honest opinion. You would have one of your best guys wrestling a GREAT wrestler no doubt, but one who has not been in a match for a while!!!
This thread. It's time.
YES, this is most likely the greatest thread here!?!?!?
Are you referring to their time at Iowa?

giphy-downsized-large.gif
What I was saying is 2 wrestlers who were HIGH recruits for PSU did move to IOWA! They did not pan out the way I am sure they and all those around them had hoped, but this is the case sometimes.

The point was and still is. Wrestlers have moved on in the past, IOWA has gotten two already. Who might be next?

I am a regular kinda guy. I get my Green Egg to 600 plus for about a minute on each side, close all of the dampers and let the steak cook for about 3 more minutes, and you have a perfect medium rare.

This only works with steaks 1.5 to 2 inches thick. If you are into thinner stuff this won't work.

I have a new rack rig for my green egg that lets me cook "cowboy style" with the rack right down to the level of the coals. I have not tried it yet, but I am looking forward to it this summer. I will have to adjust my timing for this method I am sure. Might only be 30 seconds on each side with the steak at the coal level.

Right now it is too cold to cook out, or smoke cigars which explains the bad mood I have been in.
You will probably get me on the sh*t list with the vegetarians now is what I am guessing just watch!

" SIR IRON is now promoting eating nice thick juice delicious steak in his thread!!!!"

You will probably get me on the sh*t list with the vegetarians now is what I am guessing just watch!

" SIR IRON is now promoting eating nice thick juice delicious steak in his thread!!!!"

About a little into a minute of this video, sums up my thoughts on diet whenever I hear vegetarian I think of this video. There are a lot of pool player references here, that many may not know about. But if you have had any interactions with the players mentioned you will get it. I have played both Earl and Max in the mid 90's. Earl is crazy, and Max is a strange guy. His thoughts on flat earth theory are.....strange.

Reactions: danoftw

As someone who won a bet with Ironbird a few years ago, I'll just say "Be careful". He DID eventually pay me, but, not until the entire cesspool basically told him that he needed to man up and pay the bet. This was after he forced me to go back and show 100% proof that the bet was made, as he said he forgot about it. After I gave said proof, he tried to snake his way out of paying until the board came down on him. Like I said, he did eventually do the right thing and pay, but, it wasn't easy.

It's impossible to argue that Cael wasn't taking the top job in college wrestling as well, given the ensuing results.

The rest of that rambling statement is filibuster, incoherent and irrelevant. Are you really upset if someone flew on a private jet? Do you know that Brands flew coach when he was negotiating? What do the portal and NIL have to do with PSU hiring Cael?

The best was when the Squawkeye fans were laughing at Cael after he made his initial Press Conference and Cael said that he was going to PSU because he could build a dynasty there.... that PSU had a top 5 wrestling tradition and Pennsylvania was the center of the wrestling universe.... - the Squawkeye losers aren't laughing at Cael anymore, are they?

According to you guys, you should be giving me 4-1!!! What I posted, is what I believe would be the odds by a book maker. IF you are very confident in your guy? I will bet you even money that MM does not major Caliendo. To make it fair, IF AJ is wrestling, we can bet that match also.

That gives you pretty fair odds in my honest opinion. You would have one of your best guys wrestling a GREAT wrestler no doubt, but one who has not been in a match for a while!!!

YES, this is most likely the greatest thread here!?!?!?

What I was saying is 2 wrestlers who were HIGH recruits for PSU did move to IOWA! They did not pan out the way I am sure they and all those around them had hoped, but this is the case sometimes.

The point was and still is. Wrestlers have moved on in the past, IOWA has gotten two already. Who might be next?
No, you offered 4-1 above. Are you in or not?

As someone who won a bet with Ironbird a few years ago, I'll just say "Be careful". He DID eventually pay me, but, not until the entire cesspool basically told him that he needed to man up and pay the bet. This was after he forced me to go back and show 100% proof that the bet was made, as he said he forgot about it. After I gave said proof, he tried to snake his way out of paying until the board came down on him. Like I said, he did eventually do the right thing and pay, but, it wasn't easy.
This is very misleading. A" bet" was made(more like talked about) that I indeed forgot about but apparently you were well aware of. That being said, whatever match it was? You never came back on the board to bring it up, that is UNTIL YOU WON!!!

My question was, why did you never say "hey don't forget our bet?" My thoughts are you would have never come running to remind me and pay me had you lost!!!

That being said, once it was found that I did make a "bet", I paid even though I thought it was very shady!!! You also never gave me a chance to win the $$$$ back?
No, you offered 4-1 above. Are you in or not?
This kind of goes right into the above as far as me trusting some of you as far as I could bowl you!!! PLEASE show us ALL on here my post where I "offered 4-1????" You CAN'T because I never did and I clearly explained it. I said the odds as I see it would be something like this, and went down the line.

I also clearly said I would take a bet on the major AND on AJ if he wrestles? This is kinda how I remember the above "bet" going down.

"OK SIR IRON lets bet on that match." I say OK and somehow that was how the "bet" was made. So I will leave that ON ME, if we bet we make sure we have proper understanding! No more of this horse crap!!!

OH, by the way, we just picked up a HUGE commit!!! Looks like the FLOOD GATES are open and that might not even be enough because the damn dam just might be breaking!!!!

This is very misleading. A" bet" was made(more like talked about) that I indeed forgot about but apparently you were well aware of. That being said, whatever match it was? You never came back on the board to bring it up, that is UNTIL YOU WON!!!

My question was, why did you never say "hey don't forget our bet?" My thoughts are you would have never come running to remind me and pay me had you lost!!!

That being said, once it was found that I did make a "bet", I paid even though I thought it was very shady!!! You also never gave me a chance to win the $$$$ back?
I don't have time right now, but, I will find everything when I have time, and it won't make you look very good. Nothing was "talked about." We agreed to terms of a bet for a match between Iowa-PSU. I certainly didn't feel the need to continuously remind you of our bet, just as you weren't reminding me. When I make a bet, I remember it and own it.
As for you making assumptions and accusations that I wouldn't have paid if I had lost. That is just as silly as the blind assumptions and accusations you make about why the PSU wrestling program is head and shoulders above Iowa and everyone else at this point in time and over the last decade.

Reactions: danoftw
So, the bet starts on post #959

Page 24 & 25 will show that the bet was accepted, even though, Ironbird tried to change the terms after he offered the bet and it was accepted

After the match, in which I won the bet, it picks back up on post #1,367

Enjoy the read and realize this is the REAL Ironbird

1. He made the initial terms of the bet.
2. I accepted the terms of the bet that he made.
3. He changed the terms of the bet and said he wins on a tie.
4. I allowed these changes because it's Ironbird and it was expected.
5. He lost the bet, but, spent days whining and trying to find a way out of it
6. When the entire board told him that he was welching, he finally, reluctantly paid
7. He then, of course, said that IF I had lost, I wouldn't have paid the bet. Shocking that he would make accusations based on zero evidence.

Ladies and gentlemen.....................Ironbird!

Page 24 & 25 will show that the bet was accepted, even though, Ironbird tried to change the terms after he offered the bet and it was accepted

6. When the entire board told him that he was welching, he finally, reluctantly paid
7. He then, of course, said that IF I had lost, I wouldn't have paid the bet. Shocking that he would make accusations based on zero evidence.

I read every post of it. Worth it.

Reactions: mvattivo

AHHHHHH. TY for proven my point! The bet was made in the GREATEST thread on the IOWA board. As ALL can clearly see. It went on for pages and pages with post after post. This is how I would have lost it in all the other conversations taken place, but he must have written himself a little note or something???

So, I did go back and as I said, We talked about a bet. You posted something about the bet, Talking about avatars or some sh*t??? Then we said $50 and had the terms and I said fine. Then you responded DEAL. Then someone said something about the "terms" and I said I was GIVING 7 so I win on a tie. Then you responded with. I already let you change the terms........

But again, you were well aware of all of this! I could not have found this if I tried!!! You seemed like a shady character then, and even more so now honestly. You did get paid, i still believe you would never have brought this bet up had you lost because you had ever opportunity to say something about it leading up to the meet and NEVER did!!!

Matter of fact, go back and show us all anything that we talked about in-between what you posted above? Guessing there will be nothing!!! Also check the dates. When this "bet" was made. and when the dual took place?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: PSUeng
So, I did go back and as I said, We talked about a bet. You posted something like about the bet, I said fine. Then you responded DEAL. Then someone said something about the "terms" and I said I was GIVING 7 so I win on a tie. Then you responded with. I already let you change the terms........
LOL - Unfortunately, for you, it is all there in black and white. You called yourself the “bookie” in a bet between two people, which is why you would win in a tie. Just take the “L” on this one. I let you change the terms after the bet and still won. You didn’t handle things very well.

About a little into a minute of this video, sums up my thoughts on diet whenever I hear vegetarian I think of this video. There are a lot of pool player references here, that many may not know about. But if you have had any interactions with the players mentioned you will get it. I have played both Earl and Max in the mid 90's. Earl is crazy, and Max is a strange guy. His thoughts on flat earth theory are.....strange.

That's one of the best impersonations I've heard. Earl is a trip and Rogan nailed it.

You still playing, Mat?

So, I did go back and as I said, We talked about a bet. You posted something like about the bet, I said fine. Then you responded DEAL. Then someone said something about the "terms" and I said I was GIVING 7 so I win on a tie. Then you responded with. I already let you change the terms........
🦝 🦝 🦝 🦝 🦝

YES!!! Be VERY afraid!!!!

ON a more serious note- I have heard about Van Ness and I am sorry about this. As an IOWA fan I want to beat you guys as bad as you all want to beat us. That being said, I want to beat you head to head, your best against our best!!!

Hopefully the kid will make a full recovery and transfer to IOWA!!!(kinda kidding on the transfer part. he is a great wrestler and any team would love to have him!)

YES!!! Be VERY afraid!!!!

ON a more serious note- I have heard about Van Ness and I am sorry about this. As an IOWA fan I want to beat you guys as bad as you all want to beat us. That being said, I want to beat you head to head, your best against our best!!!

Hopefully the kid will make a full recovery and transfer to IOWA!!!(kinda kidding on the transfer part. he is a great wrestler and any team would love to have him!)
You know what Ironbird?

youre-alright-henry-emory.gif

That's one of the best impersonations I've heard. Earl is a trip and Rogan nailed it.

You still playing, Mat?
Still playing, mostly league pool 8 and 9 ball. My tournament pool is now restricted to guys my own age (60+) I don't have the wheels to keep up with the young bucks in tourneys that go two days without breaks.

Old fart tourny's are usually smaller (because a lot of us are dying off) so they usually finish quicker.

Reactions: Ski
Still playing, mostly league pool 8 and 9 ball. My tournament pool is now restricted to guys my own age (60+) I don't have the wheels to keep up with the young bucks in tourneys that go two days without breaks.

Old fart tourny's are usually smaller (because a lot of us are dying off) so they usually finish quicker.
any movie with pool and paul is a winner in my book GIF by Maudit

OH, by the way, we just picked up a HUGE commit!!! Looks like the FLOOD GATES are open and that might not even be enough because the damn dam just might be breaking!!!!
Well our dam already broke - 7 Gorges style. It brought about a flood of Mirasolas and such.

• Wow
This thread sucks just saying.
Come on guy!!! Get outa town, this is a great thread you are just angry everyone is busting on District 4!
And we are still taxed on that when we buy alcohol, F you Johnstown.
Not sure what I am missing on the Dam? Maybe a PA thing? I will try to be more careful next time, LOL

Need to get more discussions going so lets move on to TOPIC #7 Wrestling Clubs

I am well aware of some of the more famous clubs like TOP GUN. I also believe Taylor has a new club? Saw Nolf posting some videos not sure if he is running something or maybe doing private lessons?

Question is, how many clubs are in PA? Are there other big clubs that are helping produce top talent? We have a few clubs in my area, but it does not appear like we have anything close to some that I have seen. By that I mean, I do not see that we have the facilities or the high end quality instructors.

Part of that may be the outrages expense of property here. To rent, or buy a building is off the charts expensive, but man I always think about if I ever hit lotto what could be done here! Very dense population, many areas that are upper class etc...

If you look at DANCE clubs for example. It is like EVERY town has one! They are extremely expensive and very well attended. Honestly, I think just about everyone I know with a daughter has sent their kid to a dance club at least for a few years.

They also get TOP dollar for any kind of baseball training, LAX training and more. Would love to get a kid from PSU, or IOWA and open a high end club.

In 1936, a statewide temporary 10% tax on alcohol was created to assist with the city's recovery from the flood. By 1942, the tax had contributed $42 million to recovery costs. In 1951, the tax was made permanent, becoming the state liquor tax, with funds no longer earmarked for costs related to the flood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT