ADVERTISEMENT

HAVE YOU HEARD???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guessing maybe I could do some research but why not just send your name if it is here for all to see anyway? If not, I will just take your best lifts/weight class/ age/ drug free or not/ gear or not.

My best numbers in competition going off the top of my head, loose single ply 181 lifetime drug free 501 sq 363 bench, 560 dead, set several sub master raw records later on moving up to 198.
Bosox figured out who I am using the bread crumbs I left. I figured you would try too.

He even made a play on my last name.

yes iron the coach did screw up esp being at home!

I much prefer having someone look at my record on official sites, then listing lifts on a message forum. I know that as the years go by memories change, and the other reason is the bane of powerlifting is all of the federations they have. Some are known for having very loose judging.

True story the summer I graduated from college in 1982, my former HS wrestling coach along with a few others that trained with him at the local Y attended the Southern Jersey Open in Glassboro. I put up a decent total @ 148, and that fall I was leaving home to take my first teaching job in Maryland. He knew the vice president of the USPF lived there so he wrote him an introduction letter.

I met up with him at the old Pax River Weightlifting club. So I introduce myself and he eyeballs me like I was a plebe in the Naval Academy (he was a naval officer) and says the Southern Jersey Open huh, implying that the judging there was a bit loose. So I look at him and say OK how many pushups do you want me to do?

We started training together that day and I worked with (and for him as the night manager of his gym) until I called it quits after my last state championship meet.

More breadcrumbs, now it is almost a road map. I hope he drops me some, I love the challenge.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
@IRONBIRD lots of wrestlers compete with significant injuries. Their coaches just don’t tell them to tell everyone.

Carter, as one example, wrestled to an NCAA championship with a broken freaking hand. Bet you didn’t know that.

Reactions: danoftw
I much prefer having someone look at my record on official sites, then listing lifts on a message forum. I know that as the years go by memories change, and the other reason is the bane of powerlifting is all of the federations they have. Some are known for having very loose judging.

True story the summer I graduated from college in 1982, my former HS wrestling coach along with a few others that trained with him at the local Y attended the Southern Jersey Open in Glassboro. I put up a decent total @ 148, and that fall I was leaving home to take my first teaching job in Maryland. He knew the vice president of the USPF lived there so he wrote him an introduction letter.

I met up with him at the old Pax River Weightlifting club. So I introduce myself and he eyeballs me like I was a plebe in the Naval Academy (he was a naval officer) and says the Southern Jersey Open huh, implying that the judging there was a bit loose. So I look at him and say OK how many pushups do you want me to do?

We started training together that day and I worked with (and for him as the night manager of his gym) until I called it quits after my last state championship meet.

More breadcrumbs, now it is almost a road map. I hope he drops me some, I love the challenge.
Sounds good, but I still don't have a clue who you might be? I am not too much of an internet search guy!
@IRONBIRD lots of wrestlers compete with significant injuries. Their coaches just don’t tell them to tell everyone.

Carter, as one example, wrestled to an NCAA championship with a broken freaking hand. Bet you didn’t know that.
Broken hand??? No I do not recall this, what year? i seem to recall someone having a wrapped up hand but i do not remember it being him? Thought it might have been a lite weight.

Sounds good, but I still don't have a clue who you might be? I am not too much of an internet search guy!

Broken hand??? No I do not recall this, what year? i seem to recall someone having a wrapped up hand but i do not remember it being him? Thought it might have been a lite weight.
He had a broken wrust in 2022 that needed surgery and smashed a finalist in the semis and beat a former champ in the finals.

He was on crutches after 2023 and blanked Chris Foca (who everyone thought was the hottest wrestler at NCAA) and pinned Labriola in the finals.

I'm just giving you what you're dishing out.

I checked the posts... post #1 announced the "Bird is the word".
#7 you described yourself as "a man of wealth and taste, been around long long years" and allowed us to have you "share my knowledge over hear(sic)!" These are two good subtle trolls.

Then you made your first threat of violence for those that do not agree with you, "you will LEAVE IN PIECES if you do not follow the rules!"

Then the next several pages were pretty good. I even tried to defend (#186) your "a little bit EXTRA" post (#93). Sure you had the typical fandom double-standards, Brands leaving VT is okay but Cael leaving ISU is almost evil and if someone is beating iowa they must be cheating themes.

Then you changed the topic twice. And later went off on how iowa won (not would have won) the 2020 championship (#231), which is ridiculous and a great troll job.

Then you made your story about "IF" (#292) which I replied to in good fun (#296).

Then the nonsense really started with the "SPENCER LEE at 100% is as close to unbeatable as you may ever see? ...he WON the NCAAs with two torn ACLs. I would say this is not possible but he did it!!!" (#343). This was just too rich. No one is ever 100% healthy, except maybe the first match of the year. If a man with one leg winning was not the most impossible outcome you've ever seen don't know what else to say. So, you got mocked (#368). And I think it was glorious.

I'm not even a SL hatter. I was at NCAAs to see greatness and I wanted to see that with a 4× Champ from him. But it was not to be. I hope he wins every gold metal he can in international competition. Although I am a bigger Nico fan, so I don't always root for SL.

You, apparently, did not like me mocking you. You come back with (#375) and I continued to give you what you had been dishing out. (#412). You responded with your second threat of violence (#421, first was #7). I'm still waiting for the keyboard courageous to make me take that NAP or leave me in PIECES. So, here we are.

You still angry bro?
Wait you're a buckeye fan? I thought you were a Hawkeye whatever the **** that is

Well, how many push-ups did he have you do?

Why in the hell are yous guys responding to this troll. It is definitely not the forum famous Ironturd. It reads more as the Vodka guy.

Ok, This is a good but kinda long read. Lets dig into it!!!

The BIRD IS THE WORD post #1 was a play on my name. It is a name I did not choose but seems to be the most popular on these boards?

Not sure how old you are? You second point is another play on words from the get ROLLING STONES!

Your #3 point is yet another shot at keeping it FUN which I know is a big word over here!!! It is from a movie but I do not recall which one.

If you do not understand SPENCER LEE and what he did under the circumstance, then I guess you never will!!! You can choose ANY of the tremendous wrestlers that you have had over here, give them SL's "hand he was dealt", and let them "play" Could you or would you even think about saying ANY of them could have done what he did?

This is an HONEST question. Who you got, Taylor, Ruth, Brooks, etc..... Give them 1 torn ACL and????? Give them 2 and my guess is they, like EVERYONE else, would not even try to wrestle? Matter of fact, I never even heard of anyone else doing it more or less WINNING the NCAAs!!!!!

He just beat your boy Nico also. A very fine wrestlers himself, SL beat him at maybe 75%! AND yes that is where he is currently at. He is still working to get to 100% and this is FACT directly from inside source.

Please copy and paste your posts and mine, lets see who started it? My guess is you did. YES still angry so you might wanna just stay away!!?!??!
I get that it is a coincidence that a thread titled "HAVE YOU HEARD???" with the first post was a song that states "The bird is the word" was started by someone whose username is "IRONBIRD". Also, it isn't really your username, you just got it and are forced to use it. Just all coincidences no trolling at all. Got it. I completely believe you.

I think there was a post that insinuated that you were born in late 1960's early 1970's. I am not that old. I do know who the Rolling Stones are, I have never heard of the "get ROLLING STONES". I don't get the reference. I looked for a song by the Rolling Stones that mentioned "leave you in pieces" and cannot find anything.

If you are doing anything that is not FUN and you do not have to do it, it's probably best to find another activity.

I do understand that SL's win in 2021 was a big deal. But lots of wrestlers have injuries and win championships. These have been mentioned in posts by others. No need to repeat that. I do not know of another champion that only had one leg. Maybe there was one. But seeing Robles win was truly unbelievable to me.

Honest answer. One PSU wrestler to win with a broken ACL, I'll take Jason Nolf in 2019. I'm not sure if his ACL was broken or not, but his knee was a mess and it didn't matter. Another non-PSU to wrestler with a documented broken ACL injury and win the NCAA Championship was Yainni in 2018. His ACL broke in the first round and he won the title that same weekend. No mff, surgery, or rehab, just determination and will.

Like I said, I root now for SL except when he wrestles a former PSU guy or a member of the NLWC. If SL wins gold then the USA wins gold. For me it is God, Family, Country, so SL helps out the last of that triubrant.

Again read the first paragraph of this post. If that isn't the start of a troll job then I guess I started trolling you, but there is more than one post calling you a troll before I ever posted a thing.

Reply if you want. I did not ask a single question to you for a reason. If it isn't fun for you anymore then that is fine. I'll keep this going until it's not fun for me.

Last edited:
I do understand that SL's win in 2021 was a big deal. But lots of wrestlers have injuries and win championships.
Also came out, after the fact, that Frank Molinaro tore up his knee, at NCAA’s prior to winning his national championship. Frank relates the story that he didn’t want to wrestle, but Cael asked him if he would be okay with quitting in the future and Frank response was to decide to wrestle and he won his national championship.

Oh snap I got to leave more bread crumbs.
Well my senior year of high school in 78 we got a new head wrestling coach. Don Rohn.

I did a lot of pushups because I could not get off the bottom.

More breadcrumbs

Senior year of High School in 78, coach Don Rohn
1981-1984 competed USPF
Maryland
148 and 165
Southern Jersey Open August 1982
Couple of Maryland state champ meets
Name Rocky Marciano was actually a play on my name growing up.
Could not get off bottom and had to do a lot of pushups. LOL

All of this nostalgia had me pull out my 1983-84 lifting log/diary. I kept copious notes of every workout exercise weights and reps along with reflections. I was really into that stuff. Reading through it brought back some memories, some good and some not so good.

Well my senior year of high school in 78 we got a new head wrestling coach. Don Rohn.

More breadcrumbs

1981-1984 competed USPF
Maryland
148 and 165

All of this nostalgia had me pull out my 1983-84 lifting log/diary. I kept copious notes of every workout exercise weights and reps along with reflections. I was really into that stuff. Reading through it brought back some memories, some good and some not so good.
Just saw Don at a Clarion reunion, still fing stacked!!!

He had a broken wrust in 2022 that needed surgery and smashed a finalist in the semis and beat a former champ in the finals.

He was on crutches after 2023 and blanked Chris Foca (who everyone thought was the hottest wrestler at NCAA) and pinned Labriola in the finals.
Outstanding indeed but NOT the same!!! You all are missing the facts. It was MULTIPLE injures over several years where he could not train anywhere near 100%. It was not ONE but TWOOOOO injured knees!
Why in the hell are yous guys responding to this troll. It is definitely not the forum famous Ironturd. It reads more as the Vodka guy.
They respond to good HONEST discussion something you might not understand so move on!
Sorry that was to turd
No need for name calling but I will give you a little heads up anyway. Many on here are saying district four is garbage! They say just about ever district is better. district 1,2,3, 7, 9 11, and more!!!! I would not take that crap from them!!!! You should let those peeps have it.

Just look for anyone not calling me SIR IRON and go after them!
I get that it is a coincidence that a thread titled "HAVE YOU HEARD???" with the first post was a song that states "The bird is the word" was started by someone whose username is "IRONBIRD". Also, it isn't really your username, you just got it and are forced to use it. Just all coincidences no trolling at all. Got it. I completely believe you.

I think there was a post that insinuated that you were born in late 1960's early 1970's. I am not that old. I do know who the Rolling Stones are, I have never heard of the "get ROLLING STONES". I don't get the reference. I looked for a song by the Rolling Stones that mentioned "leave you in pieces" and cannot find anything.

If you are doing anything that is not FUN and you do not have to do it, it's probably best to find another activity.

I do understand that SL's win in 2021 was a big deal. But lots of wrestlers have injuries and win championships. These have been mentioned in posts by others. No need to repeat that. I do not know of another champion that only had one leg. Maybe there was one. But seeing Robles win was truly unbelievable to me.

Honest answer. One PSU wrestler to win with a broken ACL, I'll take Jason Nolf in 2019. I'm not sure if his ACL was broken or not, but his knee was a mess and it didn't matter. Another non-PSU to wrestler with a documented broken ACL injury and win the NCAA Championship was Yainni in 2018. His ACL broke in the first round and he won the title that same weekend. No mff, surgery, or rehab, just determination and will.

Like I said, I root now for SL except when he wrestles a former PSU guy or a member of the NLWC. If SL wins gold then the USA wins gold. For me it is God, Family, Country, so SL helps out the last of that triubrant.

Again read the first paragraph of this post. If that isn't the start of a troll job then I guess I started trolling you, but there is more than one post calling you a troll before I ever posted a thing.

Reply if you want. I did not ask a single question to you for a reason. If it isn't fun for you anymore then that is fine. I'll keep this going until it's not fun for me.
I really have to wonder about you? You are either drunk or high I guess when you come posting? For example you are way off from what I posted now TWOOO times. The ROLLING STONES song and the movie line you have somehow got confused?

You must go back and try again.
Also came out, after the fact, that Frank Molinaro tore up his knee, at NCAA’s prior to winning his national championship. Frank relates the story that he didn’t want to wrestle, but Cael asked him if he would be okay with quitting in the future and Frank response was to decide to wrestle and he won his national championship.
See above, NOT saying this is not a remarkable feat! It is just NOT the same thing. You all need to try and understand. SL torn his ACL in HS, got it fixed, WON NCAAs as a true freshman like a year later. Then tore it AGAIN!!! Kept wrestling and then tore the other one!!!

His training was extremely limited.

More breadcrumbs

1981-1984 competed USPF
Maryland
148 and 165

You have me lost again? I click on the link and get girls rankings? I am not sure what this means???
Hell, Kurt Angle won an Olympic Gold with a broken neck… hold his beer
I have heard this and never completely understood what it means? Obviously a severe injury to the neck would mean you not only can not wrestle, but may not be able to walk if you do nerve damage. that being said, I am assuming he may have chipped a vertebra ? Look into it further and then report back with details you find? TY

Outstanding indeed but NOT the same!!! You all are missing the facts. It was MULTIPLE injures over several years where he could not train anywhere near 100%. It was not ONE but TWOOOOO injured knees!
Your guy had twice as many losses and 30-40 fewer wins than a list of our guys over the past 13 years. Just stop already with the nonsense.

Spencer Lee was a very good University of Iowa wrestler; possibly even a top 10 in Iowa history.

Maybe in an alternate universe he could have been their GOAT. It’s a shame injuries hampered him at times. Many people have been sidelined by injuries over the years, and some have come out more successful than others despite this.

Regardless, you get what you earn. Not what you wish you earned.

Spencer Lee was a very good University of Iowa wrestler; possibly even a top 10 in Iowa history.

Maybe in an alternate universe he could have been their GOAT. It’s a shame injuries hampered him at times. Many people have been sidelined by injuries over the years, and some have come out more successful than others despite this.

Regardless, you get what you earn. Not what you wish you earned.
Injuries happen, however it is on the coaching staff to do what is BEST for the athlete. I don't think they did what was best for Spencer.

I just hope they didn't ruin him for a upcoming freestyle career, that I am looking forward to see.

Injuries happen, however it is on the coaching staff to do what is BEST for the athlete. I don't think they did what was best for Spencer.

I just hope they didn't ruin him for a upcoming freestyle career, that I am looking forward to see.

Agreed. The team and staff were so desperate for Spencer to be their Messiah, they could not afford to NOT push him to continue competing.

Hoping he can salvage a great senior freestyle career.

Reactions: Petch
I really have to wonder about you? You are either drunk or high I guess when you come posting? For example you are way off from what I posted now TWOOO times. The ROLLING STONES song and the movie line you have somehow got confused?

I am neither drunk nor high. I have no idea what the ROLLING STONE reference is nor the movie line. You did not even mention what movie it was from. So, if you wish to explain what the ROLLING STONES and movie line reference is from maybe that would help. (Maybe it would prove your not a troll!) If not, you can continue to do the same thing over and over again expecting a different result. Maybe the title of the song and/or movie would help. Maybe you are not knowledgeable enough to know that information. Like you are not knowledgeable of wrestlers, other than SL, being significantly injured and still winning. If you are still stuck on SL winning with injured knees being the greatest thing you have ever seen, you have not seen much in your 50+ years. What a wasted life you must have lived. Also, having FUN for me is about living by gratitude, faith, and character.

LOL the buckeyes have proven over and over again strength will not win out over technique and just plain savvy!

They respond to good HONEST discussion something you might not understand so move on!

No need for name calling but I will give you a little heads up anyway. Many on here are saying district four is garbage! They say just about ever district is better. district 1,2,3, 7, 9 11, and more!!!! I would not take that crap from them!!!! You should let those peeps have it.

Just look for anyone not calling me SIR IRON and go after them!

See above, NOT saying this is not a remarkable feat! It is just NOT the same thing. You all need to try and understand. SL torn his ACL in HS, got it fixed, WON NCAAs as a true freshman like a year later. Then tore it AGAIN!!! Kept wrestling and then tore the other one!!!

His training was extremely limited.

You have me lost again? I click on the link and get girls rankings? I am not sure what this means???

I have heard this and never completely understood what it means? Obviously a severe injury to the neck would mean you not only can not wrestle, but may not be able to walk if you do nerve damage. that being said, I am assuming he may have chipped a vertebra ? Look into it further and then report back with details you find? TY
Watch his bio movie, you will also see why Steveson will never succeed in Professional wrestling. Not a Steveson dis, he doesn’t have enough crazy in him.

Opening line of lyrics to "Sympathy for the Devil."

"Please allow me to introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste..."
Thank you.
That explains his arrogant introduction. It does show that maybe he thinks he is the devil, the OG of trolls.

And it allowed me to determine the movie reference. "'I come in piece (sic) but you will LEAVE IN PIECES' if you do not follow the rules!" It is from the movie, I Come in Peace (originally released as Dark Angel).
Or he maybe thinks he is a ailen here to steal our secret sauce.

Comedic review of the movie if you have 20 minutes
...would I be the Dolph Lundgren character?

What you’re trying to say, Bird, is Lee “could” have been the best ever if his body allowed. His body didn’t allow it, so we’ll never know. Like the old adage, the best ability is availability..
Yes something like that and also what he was able to do with the cards he was given is amazing!
It means either I was a girl, or you have to use the filters at the top.

Use the filters at the top.

LOL
Ok send link again
Your guy had twice as many losses and 30-40 fewer wins than a list of our guys over the past 13 years. Just stop already with the nonsense.
Hmmm, won as many NCAA titles, one as a true freshman, had I would guess as high or higher TECH/PINS percentage rate and did it wrestling injured so THINK about it again and get back to me!!!
I am neither drunk nor high. I have no idea what the ROLLING STONE reference is nor the movie line. You did not even mention what movie it was from. So, if you wish to explain what the ROLLING STONES and movie line reference is from maybe that would help. (Maybe it would prove your not a troll!) If not, you can continue to do the same thing over and over again expecting a different result. Maybe the title of the song and/or movie would help. Maybe you are not knowledgeable enough to know that information. Like you are not knowledgeable of wrestlers, other than SL, being significantly injured and still winning. If you are still stuck on SL winning with injured knees being the greatest thing you have ever seen, you have not seen much in your 50+ years. What a wasted life you must have lived. Also, having FUN for me is about living by gratitude, faith, and character.
You might be taking TWOOO many sleeping pills then??? See bellow for some help!!!
Dude. You are the king of bastardizing names. On this forum you are affectionately known as IRONTURD. Own it.
Listen borax, I did not come here to take part, I came to take over and you will call me SIR IRON you GOT THAT!!!
Opening line of lyrics to "Sympathy for the Devil."

"Please allow me to introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste..."
THANK YOU !
Thank you.
That explains his arrogant introduction. It does show that maybe he thinks he is the devil, the OG of trolls.

And it allowed me to determine the movie reference. "'I come in piece (sic) but you will LEAVE IN PIECES' if you do not follow the rules!" It is from the movie, I Come in Peace (originally released as Dark Angel).
Or he maybe thinks he is a ailen here to steal our secret sauce.

Comedic review of the movie if you have 20 minutes
...would I be the Dolph Lundgren character?
ding ding DING we have a winner give that man a SeeeGARRRRRR!!!

I do sometime believe I am an alien BEAMED IN FROM ANOTHER PLANET!!! Possible I did something wrong like sleep with The KING'S daughter??? or maybe I was sent here to help you mere mortals? I am not TWOOOO sure sometime what my purpose here is, all the same I will continue to HELP those in need!!!
I'm guessing that the bird hasn't seen @amattaro 's masterpiece.

@IRONBIRD

The classic line: Six individual titles! Not one phone call!

Not sure what this means here?

Last edited:
I do sometime believe I am an alien BEAMED IN FROM ANOTHER PLANET!!! Possible I did something wrong like sleep with The KING'S daughter??? or maybe I was sent here to help you mere mortals? I am not TWOOOO sure sometime what my purpose here is, all the same I will continue to HELP those in need!!!
It’s Three now..
Pennstate will be wrestling Lehigh today just in case you’d like to see a takedown.

Listen borax, I did not come here to take part, I came to take over and you will call me SIR IRON you GOT THAT!!!
'Tis the season...

How The Turd Stole Real
By Dr. Carl

Every Nit down in Nitville liked Transfers a lot.

But the Turd who lived North of Iowa City did not! The Turd hated Transfers!

The whole Transfer season! Now, please don't ask why. No one quite knows the reason.

It could be, perhaps, that his jock was too tight.

It could be his head wasn't screwed on just right.

But I think that the most likely reason of all may have been that his brain was two sizes too small.

Staring down from his cave with a sour, Turdy frown at the warm lighted windows below in their town, For he knew every Nit down in Nitville beneath was busy now hanging a Championship wreath. "And they're hanging their banners," he snarled with a sneer. "Tomorrow is Transfer Day! It's practically here!" Then he growled, with his Turd fingers nervously drumming, "I must find some way to keep Real from coming! For, tomorrow, I know all the Nit girls and boys Will wake bright and early. They'll rush for their dodgeballs and toys! And then! Oh, the cheers! Oh, the cheers! Cheers! Cheers! There's one thing I hate! All the WE ARE! PENN STATE! WE ARE! PENN STATE!

They'll stand close together, with white shirts gleaming. They'll stand hand-in-hand, and those Nits will be beaming.

And the more the Turd thought of Real transferring , The more the Turd thought, "I must stop this whole thing! Why for twelve long years I've put up with it now! I must stop Real from coming! But how?" Then he got an idea! An awful idea! The Turd got a wonderful, awful idea! "I know just what to do!" The Turd laughed in his throat. "I'll make a quick businessman hat and a coat." As he climbed to the roof, money bags in his fist. Then he slid down the NIL hole of which he hissed. If Cael could do it, then so could the Turd. Then he slithered and slunk, with his eye on Real, he spent every dollar until he had a deal!

All the Nits still a-bed, All the Nits still a-slumber, when he packed up his satchel, packed it up with their transfer. Ten thousand feet down, down into his sewer, He rode with his transfer ready to Tweet it! "Pooh-pooh to the Nits!" he was turdily humming. "They're finding out now that no Transfer is coming! They're just waking up! I know just what they'll do! Their mouths will hang open a minute or two Then the Nits down in Nitville will all cry boo-hoo!

That's a noise," grinned the Turd, "that I simply must hear!" He paused, and the Turd put a hand to his ear. And he did hear a sound rising over the snow. It started in low, then it started to grow. But this sound wasn't sad! Why, this sound sounded glad! Every Nit down in Nitville, the tall and the small, Was singing without any transfer at all! He hadn't stopped Championships from coming! They came! Somehow or other, they came just the same! And the Turd, with his turd feet ice-cold in the snow, Stood puzzling and puzzling. "How could it be so? It came without banners! It came without stalls! It came without transfers, dodges, or balls!" He puzzled and puzzed till his puzzler was sore. Then the Turd thought of something he hadn't before. Maybe Championships, he thought, don't come from a store. Championships, perhaps, mean a little bit more! And what happened then? Well, in Nitville they say That the Turd's small brain grew three sizes that day! And then the true meaning of Championships came through. It’s not hand fighting, and pushing how championships are won. It’s feeling grateful for what you have, and most of all…HAVING FUN!

Yes something like that and also what he was able to do with the cards he was given is amazing!

Ok send link again

Hmmm, won as many NCAA titles, one as a true freshman, had I would guess as high or higher TECH/PINS percentage rate and did it wrestling injured so THINK about it again and get back to me!!!

You might be taking TWOOO many sleeping pills then??? See bellow for some help!!!

THANK YOU !

Ok send link again

THANK YOU !

🦝🦝🦝

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT