ADVERTISEMENT

HAVE YOU HEARD???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need a TOPIC #4 Does PSU Wrestling even have a weight room?

I mean I have seen some of your guys putting on some serious weight? The guy you all call KerDaddy(your name not mine) has put on what appears to be 50+ pounds at least.

There was Cassar back when who had a video stating he put on 40 pounds in one off season. Unlike IOWA who has a weight room right off the wrestling room and from time to time they post some stuff, I never even seen the PSU guys lifting or where their weight room is?

I mean someone posted some guys running down a street carrying logs, but it would seem very odd that your team
woulddn't have a very nice facility, especially since IOWA is building a new one and from where I am sitting. I am still kind of wondering why?

I will leave that open for another topic about facilities next.

You can admit it. It was you. LOL.
sorry, 100% not me!!! As much as I would like to give us a shot, even with my IOWA glasses on I do not see any. My goal is for nest season where as you all say. " There is a path!" maybe another topic?

This is much different. Beginning of year VS. after blowing out B1Gs and pretty much having everyone healthy and many top seeds! Also every one following SL knew what he was battling. those who try and discredit what he did are idiots! You will never see it again!!!!

Love to match wits with you but we ALL know how that would go!!!! IF it makes you feel better thinking you had a shot, by all means carry on. I wonder if that also applies to this year? Some one already posted on some page on FB that IOWA is taking you all to the wood shed!?!?!?
In all seriousness, I like to brag about the calls I've made in regards to Iowa wresting (mostly to irritate Hawk fans) but to be honest, predicting what they will do is almost the easiest thing to do when it comes to wrestling. I just simply go to HR, get a consensus on what you guys think will happen then go the other way with it. Its kinda like Cenzo waiting on Basch to make his picks first before giving his own. Lol

My guess is that Kerk is benching 460 plus pounds. Same weight that Cenzo weighed senior year :)

I never even seen the PSU guys lifting or where their weight room is?
We consider that private time, same as when we floss our teeth.

Never lift either to become muscle bound or satisfy a voyeur's curiousity.

Lift for combination of endurance, functional strength, and flexibility. Maybe lift to pull (wrestling setup and finish) not to push (Iowa style).

Reactions: danoftw
I believe Cenzo said PSU was going to win .... so I beleive him
This is much different. Beginning of year VS. after blowing out B1Gs and pretty much having everyone healthy and many top seeds! Also every one following SL knew what he was battling. those who try and discredit what he did are idiots! You will never see it again!!!!

Love to match wits with you but we ALL know how that would go!!!! IF it makes you feel better thinking you had a shot, by all means carry on. I wonder if that also applies to this year? Some one already posted on some page on FB that IOWA is taking you all to the wood shed!?!?!?
I believe Cenzo said PSU was going to win .... no reason not to believe him

Reactions: hlstone and danoftw
We consider that private time, same as when we floss our teeth.

Never lift either to become muscle bound or satisfy a voyeur's curiousity.

Lift for combination of endurance, functional strength, and flexibility. Maybe lift to pull (wrestling setup and finish) not to push (Iowa style).
Hmmm, looking kinda suspect right about now!?!?!?
I believe Cenzo said PSU was going to win .... so I beleive him

I believe Cenzo said PSU was going to win .... no reason not to believe him
OH, OK, I did not realize this, my mistake, don't know what i could have been thinking???? I mean cenzo is probably better then Jimmy the Greek at these things!!!!

Reactions: a_mshaffer

I mean I have seen some of your guys putting on some serious weight? The guy you all call KerDaddy(your name not mine) has put on what appears to be 50+ pounds at least.

There was Cassar back when who had a video stating he put on 40 pounds in one off season. Unlike IOWA who has a weight room right off the wrestling room and from time to time they post some stuff, I never even seen the PSU guys lifting or where their weight room is?

I mean someone posted some guys running down a street carrying logs, but it would seem very odd that your team
woulddn't have a very nice facility, especially since IOWA is building a new one and from where I am sitting. I am still kind of wondering why?

Please show us the video of Cassar saying he gained 40 pounds in one offseason.

The article I can find (from November 2018, his first season at HWY) states he weighs "between 233 and 237 pounds". While he wrestled 197 the year before that, I'm willing to go out on a limb and guess that he typically weighed considerably more than that when he wasn't actively cutting weight.

As for Kerk, I can't find a reference to an interview or anything (maybe someone else can provide something), but it's been discussed that he's back down to somewhere in the low 250s, which is a little lighter than last season. I can only imagine the things you are able to be convinced of, but I hope the thought that Kerk came to PSU weighing in the low 200s would be even a little much for you to accept.

I realize you're used to HR, where everyone is free to just throw out wildly incorrect accusations. But don't bring that here.

The article I can find (from November 2018, his first season at HWY) states he weighs "between 233 and 237 pounds". While he wrestled 197 the year before that, I'm willing to go out on a limb and guess that he typically weighed considerably more than that when he wasn't actively cutting weight.
Cassar weighed in at 218 lb at nationals that year

Reactions: hlstone and mcpat

As for Kerk, I can't find a reference to an interview or anything (maybe someone else can provide something), but it's been discussed that he's back down to somewhere in the low 250s, which is a little lighter than last season. I can only imagine the things you are able to be convinced of, but I hope the thought that Kerk came to PSU weighing in the low 200s would be even a little much for you to accept.

I realize you're used to HR, where everyone is free to just throw out wildly incorrect accusations. But don't bring that here.
I believe you are having an argument with yourself here? Not sure who is winning??? Wrestled 197 stated he weighed 237 in the article!!! Has nothing to do with what I said, it was what he said! Maybe he was talking about from a low to a high weight? Wonder what he weighs now?

As for Kerk, he looks much heavier to me this year, but regardless, He was small the first few times he faced BIG Cass. that is why Tony beat him easily. Tony does not have any trouble with smaller guys. It was when Kerk added significant weight that he turned the tables.

It is you all getting defensive like when the PO rolls up on a group!!! That is how they know who is guilty by the way! I made no claims about anything here by the way.
What is suspect? Tony Negron bulked up to 184 from 157 once he left PSU. How does that reconcile with your insane cope conspiracies?
The post that I commented on, and now several after that is suspect. I am asking about a weight room and training and nothing more. I find it odd that I have never seen ANY PSU wrestlers training in the PSU Wrestling weight room?

If you all get nervous about this topic? I will move on to another NP!

I believe you are having an argument with yourself here? Not sure who is winning??? Wrestled 197 stated he weighed 237 in the article!!! Has nothing to do with what I said, it was what he said! Maybe he was talking about from a low to a high weight? Wonder what he weighs now?

As for Kerk, he looks much heavier to me this year, but regardless, He was small the first few times he faced BIG Cass. that is why Tony beat him easily. Tony does not have any trouble with smaller guys. It was when Kerk added significant weight that he turned the tables.

It is you all getting defensive like when the PO rolls up on a group!!! That is how they know who is guilty by the way! I made no claims about anything here by the way.

The post that I commented on, and now several after that is suspect. I am asking about a weight room and training and nothing more. I find it odd that I have never seen ANY PSU wrestlers training in the PSU Wrestling weight room?

I'd bet you:

a) Kerk has never weighed in at more than 260 in college. I don't think he was ever above 255 last year.
b) Kerk weighed in at less than 250 against Hendrickson.

Also, when you're talking about Cassar, you're talking about different seasons. He was a 197 the previous year, probably walking around at more than 210lbs. Do you really think it wouldn't be possible for him to pack on 20lbs of mass in 6+ months between wrestling seasons?

Do you honestly believe that Penn State doesn't have a weight room or that the wrestlers don't use it? LMAO, you are even dumber than advertised. Athletes who are not attention whores don't need to post videos of working out. Those who are, well, the Ferraris SM is littered with them...

Maybe this is news to you, but wrestlers often compete at a weight lower (sometimes significantly lower) than they would "normally" weigh.

Reactions: mcpat
If there is no pandemic at all, Spencer wins in 2020, then wins his 4th in 2021, and his final act as a collegiate wrestler would have been the "excuses are for wusses" interview, which would have been after his fourth title, not his third.
I don’t get this either. He may have been the favorite, but you can’t hand the guy a title he didn’t win. He very well may have won it, but he could have been beaten. PSU fans assumed RBY would win his third last year and we saw how that turned out. I hope that CStar and AB win their fourth, but upsets happen too often in tournaments to crown them ahead of time.

I don’t get this either. He may have been the favorite, but you can’t hand the guy a title he didn’t win. He very well may have won it, but he could have been beaten. PSU fans assumed RBY would win his third last year and we see how that turned out. I hope that CStar and AB win their fourth, but upsets happen too often in tournaments to crown them ahead of time.
I assume this one definitely would have happened because it just increases the pain to the Iowa faithful. Obviously, unthinkable upsets do happen. I mean, it did last year to Spencer. LOL.

Maybe this is news to you, but wrestlers often compete at a weight lower (sometimes significantly lower) than they would "normally" weigh.
giphy.gif

Wait, wrestlers lose weight?!? File that one with "wrestlers lift weights" under "things I never thought possible". LMAO.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
No, you don't understand. You see, he made the accusations with a "question" mark (?), therefore he wasn't making accusations, he was merely asking a question. It is always everyone else that is confused. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

He is actually a nutcase. His linguistic style is much like a narcissistic sociopath. Best to stay away.

Reactions: Ski and mcpat
I'd bet you:

a) Kerk has never weighed in at more than 260 in college. I don't think he was ever above 255 last year.
b) Kerk weighed in at less than 250 against Hendrickson.

Also, when you're talking about Cassar, you're talking about different seasons. He was a 197 the previous year, probably walking around at more than 210lbs. Do you really think it wouldn't be possible for him to pack on 20lbs of mass in 6+ months between wrestling seasons?
I have no idea what he weighs? I can tell you with 100% certainty that he is MUCH bigger then he was. that was the point I was making. If you have weigh in numbers from previous years to compare? I am sure it will back me up.

I am extremely well rehearsed in weight training. I have been involved for more then 40 years. I know what is possible and also what is more likely. Watching how people train, and/or seeing there work out schedule, will very often lead me to what would be expected.

If a big guy like Cassar was A) cutting down to make 197, and then B) was on a REAL work out plan? I have no doubt that he could put on 40lbs from low to high weight. I had a HS kid who trained with me. Wrestle at 160 and play football at 190 the following season which would be about 6 months!

Do you honestly believe that Penn State doesn't have a weight room or that the wrestlers don't use it? LMAO, you are even dumber than advertised. Athletes who are not attention whores don't need to post videos of working out. Those who are, well, the Ferraris SM is littered with them...
OK I may have to call in the MODERATOR on you for your continued foolish comments!!! As I always say, ANYONE who has to throw out names and who wishes to compare knowledge please feel free to try!!! You will LOSE!!!

I am guessing I am more against any kind of showboating then anyone here. Obviously you do not understand todays world! If you watch any kind of PRO sports, after just about any decent thing that takes place, such as a tackle in the NFL. There is all sorts of high fives, dances, and other crap to get on camera.

In their cases, it might make em more $$$$. Now with NIL, and different platforms where views could make someone $$$$. It is actually pretty big business.

I would not call out the FERRARIS if I was you, and yes the TRAIN!!!!

And where is it in my posts that makes you come up with this statement?
I don’t get this either. He may have been the favorite, but you can’t hand the guy a title he didn’t win. He very well may have won it, but he could have been beaten. PSU fans assumed RBY would win his third last year and we saw how that turned out. I hope that CStar and AB win their fourth, but upsets happen too often in tournaments to crown them ahead of time.
SPENCER LEE at 100% is as close to unbeatable as you may ever see? You have and had many, MANY outstanding wrestlers. NOT to hurt anyones feelings, but none of them were close to what SL is. For GODs sake he WON the NCAAs with two torn ACLs. I would say this is not possible but he did it!!!
I assume this one definitely would have happened because it just increases the pain to the Iowa faithful. Obviously, unthinkable upsets do happen. I mean, it did last year to Spencer. LOL.
See above, even if he did not win, IOWA still wins the team title!
No, you don't understand. You see, he made the accusations with a "question" mark (?), therefore he wasn't making accusations, he was merely asking a question. It is always everyone else that is confused. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

He is actually a nutcase. His linguistic style is much like a narcissistic sociopath. Best to stay awa
You do not need to be here so thanks for coming and do not let the door hit you on your arse!!!

Google (or Twitter) is your friend)

SPENCER LEE at 100% is as close to unbeatable as you may ever see? You have and had many, MANY outstanding wrestlers. NOT to hurt anyones feelings, but none of them were close to what SL is. For GODs sake he WON the NCAAs with two torn ACLs. I would say this is not possible but he did it!!!
98-6… I would say six losses is not “as close to unbeatable” as you think. And before you blow a gasket, all wrestlers deal with injuries. He chose to step on the mat so he is what his record says he is. PSU has multiple three time national champs, each with half the losses that Spencer had.

Zain Rutherford 128-3
Bo Nickal 120-3
Jason Nolf 117-3

98-6… I would say six losses is not “as close to unbeatable” as you think. And before you blow a gasket, all wrestlers deal with injuries. He chose to step on the mat so he is what his record says he is. PSU has multiple three time national champs, each with half the losses that Spencer had.

Zain Rutherford 128-3
Bo Nickal 120-3
Jason Nolf 117-3
But he wasn't "100%" in those six losses, and the reason we know this is true is because he lost those matches. If he was 100% he'd have won because [reasons and circular logic].

The first time Kerk lost to Cass he was just released from being injured.
‘the next few times big Cass had his number, he was just out wrestled whether it was match up or he was just better those nights.
‘he’s gotten better and now he beats Cass.
your thinly veiled comments are baseless.

If I remember correctly, Kerk was dealing with a significant illness or infection from surgery his first year here, which caused him to lose weight.

Reactions: Ski and mcpat
SPENCER LEE at 100% is as close to unbeatable as you may ever see? You have and had many, MANY outstanding wrestlers. NOT to hurt anyones feelings, but none of them were close to what SL is.
There’s the part where crazy homer Iowa fans think 98-6 and being pinned twice by two wrestlers that never won NCAAs is better than:

136-3 Ruth
134-3 Taylor
126-3 Retherford
120-3 Nickal
117-3 Nolf

Three of these guys have more wins by bonus than Spencer has wins. The other two have 95 and 94 wins by bonus, of course.

Last edited:
IRONBIRD said:

SPENCER LEE at 100% is as close to unbeatable as you may ever see? You have and had many, MANY outstanding wrestlers. NOT to hurt anyones feelings, but none of them were close to what SL is.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can think of one "unbeatable" wrestler who WAS way more than anything Lee was or will be, in both record and in stature. His name is Alexander Karelin. How did his last match turn out?

And where is it in my posts that makes you come up with this statement?

See above, even if he did not win, IOWA still wins the team title!

You do not need to be here so thanks for coming and do not let the door hit you on your

Penn State does not have a weight room for the wrestling team. They just take steroids and eat. After all, steroids work best if you never touch a weight while using them. Also, we were all talking about raising funds for a weight room for our boys so try to "level the playing field" but decided we would use the money to help fund the Hawkeye Wrestling Club 😉

Lord Spencer obviously had three torn ACLs when he got decked by Piccinnini.

OK, but if you have anything you could post to help me out would greatly be appreciated.

Zain Rutherford 128-3
Bo Nickal 120-3
Jason Nolf 117-3
I guess those who get it GET IT and those that don't never will! If you honestly believe ANY other wrestler you could name could have a torn ACL in HS, Wrestle in the states. Take 2nd, THEN have surgery and the following year, as a TRUE freshman, go out and DOMINATE winning NCAAs, taking out several highly regarded wrestlers along the way.

Well you are not understanding or just playing dumb! That is only 2nd to winning nCAAs with NO ACLs which again, no one you could name would have even tried it and you can even ask them and they will tell you!!!!
But he wasn't "100%" in those six losses, and the reason we know this is true is because he lost those matches. If he was 100% he'd have won because [reasons and circular logic].
Look, not making excuses but you obviously do not understand or do not want to? It is well know that he could not train at 100% just about his whole college career. Part of the sport IS staying healthy, we all get it. Call it "bad luck" or maybe "good luck" for others i do not know, but if you watched him and at times did not think something was wrong? Well what can I say????
The first time Kerk lost to Cass he was just released from being injured.
‘the next few times big Cass had his number, he was just out wrestled whether it was match up or he was just better those nights.
‘he’s gotten better and now he beats Cass.
your thinly veiled comments are baseless.
Look at it any way you wish. Big Cass beats everyone he has strength over. He is very good but if you want to knock him or IOWA for that matter??? That is what you should be pointing to. Some of our guys just do not seem to develop in size over the years, and especially our heavy weights!

NOT saying Kerk hasn't gotten better too, but it is his HP that has really set him apart in my opinion.
If I remember correctly, Kerk was dealing with a significant illness or infection from surgery his first year here, which caused him to lose weight.
Could be, I do not know?
There’s the part where crazy homer Iowa fans think 98-6 and being pinned twice by two wrestlers that never won NCAAs is better than:

136-3 Ruth
134-3 Taylor
126-3 Retherford
120-3 Nickal
117-3 Nolf

Three of these guys have more wins by bonus than Spencer has wins. The other two have 95 and 94 wins by bonus, of course.
You ever see ANY other wrestler just destroying every other ranked kid in his weight? I always like to point to the trails several years back. I understand it was FS but that ws when SL was the healthiest I seen him in college. There was pretty much a who's who of the best young wrestlers in the class. If you haven't seen it? Watch it and ten get back to me.
IRONBIRD said:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can think of one "unbeatable" wrestler who WAS way more than anything Lee was or will be, in both record and in stature. His name is Alexander Karelin. How did his last match turn out?
Alexander Karelin, REALLY!?!?!? LOL, do not even get me started on the F-in Russians!!! Besides, I already posted about one wrestler maybe no one on this board ever even herd of? His name is ROBIN REED. There are several others that are like mortals!!!

Most are before what they call the modern era, so i guess younger folks who can't understand will diminish it, kinda like Babe Ruth the greatest Baseball player who ever lived.

It is you all getting defensive like when the PO rolls up on a group!!! That is how they know who is guilty by the way!
I always scatter when this happens but never really am guilty of anything, another one of your false facts! Keep on 🏃‍♂️ with it your almost there.

Reactions: District four
Look, not making excuses but you obviously do not understand or do not want to? It is well know that he could not train at 100% just about his whole college career. Part of the sport IS staying healthy, we all get it. Call it "bad luck" or maybe "good luck" for others i do not know, but if you watched him and at times did not think something was wrong? Well what can I say????
It's tough to take you seriously when you start out sentences by announcing the thing you're not going to do and do exactly that.

Ew-CHylXMAQfajR.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT