Nickal: 2-1-1-1
Ruth: 3-1-1-1 (with injury)
Zain: 5-1-1-1
Lee: 1-1-1-6 (with injury)

Logical conclusion:
Nolf > Lee && Nickal > Lee && Ruth > Lee && Zain > Lee
QED

Last edited:
PS. Nolf, Ruth and Zain have all posted wins in Sr men’s FS competition with Zain winning Gold and Silver at the World Championships. I’m not sure about Nickal’s record since he went very quickly into the MMA competition. (no small feat either). What is Lee’s record in Sr men’s international FS competition?

Well the beach ball just disappeared under the surface tension of the cesspool. Angelo, while fighting off his opponent and referee bias, won his matchs this weekend without any showboating. Impressive.

Reactions: danoftw
The guy literally said “excuses are for wussies” and you spend 1000s of words making excuses for him.

He was hurt. Ok. He also lost 6 times and was thrown to his back more than that. Was cradled up by a 3rd stringer.

If healthy … he might have been a 4-timer. We will never know. He went 1-1-1-6.

There are lots of 4 timers ahead of him in GOAT discussion. Many 3 timers in discussion. Some 2 timers too.

Deal w it. Excuses are for wussies.
I guess those who understand, UNDERSTAND, and those who do not, NEVER WILL!!!
Nolf: 2-1-1-1 (with injury)
Nickal: 2-1-1-1
Ruth: 3-1-1-1 (with injury)
Zain: 5-1-1-1
Lee: 1-1-1-6 (with injury)

Logical conclusion:
Nolf > Lee && Nickal > Lee && Ruth > Lee && Zain > Lee
QED
See above
PS. Nolf, Ruth and Zain have all posted wins in Sr men’s FS competition with Zain winning Gold and Silver at the World Championships. I’m not sure about Nickal’s record since he went very quickly into the MMA competition. (no small feat either). What is Lee’s record in Sr men’s international FS competition?
I assume you will retract once SL is an olympic champion correct?
Well the beach ball just disappeared under the surface tension of the cesspool. Angelo, while fighting off his opponent and referee bias, won his matchs this weekend without any showboating. Impressive.
FAST TWICH and FREIGHT TRAIN are in the house! Angelo will be next! Many on here are obviously very nervous and they should be!

See above

FAST TWICH and FREIGHT TRAIN are in the house! Angelo will be next! Many on here are obviously very nervous and they should be!

As I said over on GIA like a year ago (when it was HR), the Ferraris coming to Iowa is about the best thing that could have happened to anyone who doesn’t root for Iowa wrestling.

We are quite the opposite of nervous.

As I said over on GIA like a year ago (when it was HR), the Ferraris coming to Iowa is about the best thing that could have happened to anyone who doesn’t root for Iowa wrestling.

We are quite the opposite of nervous.
Now you are just lying terribly! Angelo just took out your top recruit AGAIN! Freight Train is going to beat you this year! If AJ is a go? You may have other troubles also as AB has to scramble back down to 184!

Now you are just lying terribly! Angelo just took out your top recruit AGAIN! Freight Train is going to beat you this year! If AJ is a go? You may have other troubles also as AB has to scramble back down to 184!
Nobody is denying their wrestling talent, he's clearly not talking about that.

Question- how much competition has AJ seen in the last 1 1/2 years vs AB? Iron sharpens iron, butter does not.

Reactions: danoftw
AB going back to 184, yea that’s definitely not happening.

Nobody is denying their wrestling talent, he's clearly not talking about that.
OK, then we are kinda on the same page then.
Question- how much competition has AJ seen in the last 1 1/2 years vs AB? Iron sharpens iron, butter does not.
He has seen none vs AB? or are you saying compared to AB? You can believe whatever you want but BELIEVE me AJ has not been sitting around!!! Once more, you can actually find many videos of him strength training, this is unlike PSU!?!?!?
AB going back to 184, yea that’s definitely not happening.
I have no doubt that if AJ is indeed wrestling this year? There could be a good case made for AB to scurry like a squirrelly back down!!! Certainly IF AJ is back to form and beats him in the dual, what other decision might he make?

There is also Hilday in the weight class, so figure if he is bumped to the bottom 1/2 bracket, AB might not make the finals! Did not look good ducking Beard the other day and I have still heard no real reason. TWOOOO much Turkey just aint cutting it!
Bless your heart.
🦡🦡🦡
TY

If I was the hawks I’d put in an offer on Asher Cunningham, kids going to be good.
‘whatever it takes maybe offer his dad a job even.
Telford is on it. I heard he has already called a couple of times. In the event Telford can't close the deal, Lar will be brought in.

Telford is on it. I heard he has already called a couple of times. In the event Telford can't close the deal, Lar will be brought in.
I am not sure what I missed? I have seen posts about BIG T calling recruits so I assume he called this kid and then he went to PSU. Is this the joke? Not to put the kid down or anything, certainly is a high quality wrestler no doubt. Just not sure it is earth shattering ?
Huge difference between “understanding” and pretending. You are pretending something happened that didn’t. Fact.
Guy, I am starting to believe you have a low IQ or are on concussion protocol or something? I am sorry for this but you honestly do not read or comprehend very well!

What didn't happen? Spencer Lee didn't get hurt? Man I would love to go back in another universe and have that be true!!!

Making NO excuses because those "ARE FOR WUSSIES!!!!" I am talking about what he did, how he did it, and with the "cards he was dealt!!!!"

The what ifs, can be debated for 100 years to come, but the FACT is. SL is STILL one of the best to ever do it while wrestling injured his entire college career PERIOD!!!

Once he WINS an Olympic GOLD( he will win several if his body holds up) then my points will be CEMENTED in history! We will once again look back(as is the case 99.9% of the time) and say SIR IRON was correct again!!!

“You get what you earn.”

“Excuses are for wusses.”

Both of these are well known phrases popularized by the highest of profile people involved with Iowa wrestling.

And yet Ironbird refuses to acknowledge or abide by either of these notions.

@IRONBIRD , why is it that you so vehemently disagree with Tom Brands and Spencer Lee on this topic?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: danoftw and mcpat
I am not sure what I missed? I have seen posts about BIG T calling recruits so I assume he called this kid and then he went to PSU. Is this the joke? Not to put the kid down or anything, certainly is a high quality wrestler no doubt. Just not sure it is earth shattering ?

Guy, I am starting to believe you have a low IQ or are on concussion protocol or something? I am sorry for this but you honestly do not read or comprehend very well!

What didn't happen? Spencer Lee didn't get hurt? Man I would love to go back in another universe and have that be true!!!

Making NO excuses because those "ARE FOR WUSSIES!!!!" I am talking about what he did, how he did it, and with the "cards he was dealt!!!!"

The what ifs, can be debated for 100 years to come, but the FACT is. SL is STILL one of the best to ever do it while wrestling injured his entire college career PERIOD!!!

Once he WINS an Olympic GOLD( he will win several if his body holds up) then my points will be CEMENTED in history! We will once again look back(as is the case 99.9% of the time) and say SIR IRON was correct again!!!
And I know you have a low IQ if you actually continue to debate that Spencer Lee is in the college wrestling goat competition as you have. He didn’t win 4. He lost 6. Was thrown to his back a handful of times. Not goat material. Maybe he wasn’t healthy. Doesn’t matter. Lost… had a temper tantrum and quit… woulda coulda should … he didn’t win and he lost 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 times.

Reactions: danoftw and Ski

I assume you have already given him the Ironbird Olympic Gold since your excuse “if his body holds up” is already in there,

Crown him now. Why wrestle? If he doesn’t win he is still a woulda coulda shoulda gold medalist, same as him being a woulda could a should a 4 timer,

Spencer is 18th all-time in NCAA tournament points scored for his team. (Thx to @Cali_Nittany.)

Interestingly, Ed Banach is 3rd behind only Cael and Stieber. But we’re the ones that think wrestling was invented only 12ish years ago.

• Love
Reactions: Ski and PAHURDLER
Spencer is 18th all-time in NCAA tournament points scored for his team. (Thx to @Cali_Nittany.)

Interestingly, Ed Banach is 3rd behind only Cael and Stieber. But we’re the ones that think wrestling was invented only 12ish years ago.

Yes, but now divide those points by number of ACLs.

Dividing by zero = infinity.

Spencer Lee is actually the points champion by an infinite amount.

See above

If these two miscreants are in the lineup vs Penn State this season, they will both lose. No one is nervous. LOL.

You are an idiot the more you post the more it becomes clear you are not a knowledgeable wrestling fan just a homer who doesn't understand logic or reason. Like most on this board we bide out time until March then head over to gia to watch the implosion. It's kind of like the Fourth of July in March lmfao. We promise any "I told you so's" will be held to a minimum

Reactions: Ski
“You get what you earn.”

“Excuses are for wusses.”

Both of these are well known phrases popularized by the highest of profile people involved with Iowa wrestling.

And yet Ironbird refuses to acknowledge or abide by either of these notions.

@IRONBIRD , why is it that you so vehemently disagree with Tom Brands and Spencer Lee on this topic?
Good attempt at a TWIST! You should be in the FAKE NEWS business!!!
And I know you have a low IQ if you actually continue to debate that Spencer Lee is in the college wrestling goat competition as you have. He didn’t win 4. He lost 6. Was thrown to his back a handful of times. Not goat material. Maybe he wasn’t healthy. Doesn’t matter. Lost… had a temper tantrum and quit… woulda coulda should … he didn’t win and he lost 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 times.
Let us TRY ONE MORE TIME!!!! Mr. Lee is here in this conversation as one of the best. We can not argue this point because, well, here it is in black and white!!!! No where am I arguing that he is the GOAT!!! You are having this argument with your fellow trolls i guess?!?!??

What I have said, is Spencer Lee rose to the ranks of ONE of the college all time greats, under tremendously adverse conditions. This is ANOTHER point I do not believe can be argued??? You can point to the statistics and say, such and such had a better career.

Yet ANOTHER point that really can not be argued! So here you are though, trying to raise your guys and lower LEE who is right there with them because he did it while injured!!!!

Just think about it!!!!
I assume you have already given him the Ironbird Olympic Gold since your excuse “if his body holds up” is already in there,

Crown him now. Why wrestle? If he doesn’t win he is still a woulda coulda shoulda gold medalist, same as him being a woulda could a should a 4 timer,
man alive do they have "skools" where you all are from? I mean I like the idea of giving him a Gold because he is awesome and all, but he much rather earn it on the mat as usual. I did however wrote MULTIPLE GOLDS if his body holds up.

Well done, you are fine at googling things CONGRATS!!! Does not mean you know jack SH*T about wrestling or its history!?!?!? I can go on and on about this sport with things you have never heard of. I have already pointed out wrestlers you never heard of.

They did things that you most likely want to dismiss because "that was olden days" or some crap logic???
Yes, but now divide those points by number of ACLs.

Dividing by zero = infinity.

Spencer Lee is actually the points champion by an infinite amount.
kinda funny
If these two miscreants are in the lineup vs Penn State this season, they will both lose. No one is nervous. LOL.
Do NOT lie!!! You are very nervous as is AB and his coaches!!! Some rumors going around about these kids, might be a few on here? Seems like many were trying to paint them in a bad light and/or even trying to block AJ from becoming a HAWK!!!!

I certainly hope it does not come out that it was PA folk!?!?!?

Reactions: MAGAman

No, I’m serious, and you’re absolutely ducking the question. Or rather, tapping out twice when afraid of being pinned, perhaps.

So you’re just not gonna to address the blatant hypocrisy? It’s a bad look, even for you. I know you love to play the part of unlovable village idiot here and on GIA, but there has to be even a small part (tiny one, even) that is interested in intellectual honesty and grown up conversation.

I’ll restate: why do you think you know better than Brands and Spencer on this topic?

Last edited:
You are an idiot the more you post the more it becomes clear you are not a knowledgeable wrestling fan just a homer who doesn't understand logic or reason. Like most on this board we bide out time until March then head over to gia to watch the implosion. It's kind of like the Fourth of July in March lmfao. We promise any "I told you so's" will be held to a minimum
D4, you just basically wrote what everyone is claiming about many of you!!!! NEVER try and defend yourself in court!!!! WOW I would like to be the lawyer on the other side against this guy!!!

JUDGE- "SIR IRON would you like to make an opening statement?"

SIR IRON " LOL uh sorry your honor for laughing but I have D4 on the other side and LOL, he will make the case for me!!!'

JUDGE " uh LOL I see LMAO sorry everyone for laughing but....... this D4 guy hahahahaHAHAHAHA oh boy what a clown....!!!!"

"most of you bide your time...... then come to the GREAT IOWA board" HMMMMM now tell me again WHEN did this start to happen???? WHERE were all of you 15-20 years ago?????

Yea you post will age real well!!!

No, I’m serious, and you’re absolutely ducking the question. Or rather, tapping out twice when afraid of being pinned, perhaps.

So you’re just not gonna to address the blatant hypocrisy? It’s a bad look, even for you. I know you love to play the part of unlovable village idiot here and on GIA, but there has to be even a small part (tiny one, even) that is interested in intellectual honesty and grown up conversation.

I’ll restate: why do you think you know better than Brands and Spencer on this topic?
You are serious??? I believe that is what the FAKE NEWS also wants you to believe?

TOPIC???? What topic are you referring to? Please elaborate on what in hell you are even trying to say?

Well done, you are fine at googling things CONGRATS!!! Does not mean you know jack SH*T about wrestling or its history!?!?!? I can go on and on about this sport with things you have never heard of. I have already pointed out wrestlers you never heard of.
lol. It’s a spreadsheet for that @Cali_Nittany maintains on this board. And FYI… you show how little you know with every post.

I suppose we should create a "special" category for Spence so he can be the goat at something in college.

Reactions: Jayhouse

Let us TRY ONE MORE TIME!!!! Mr. Lee is here in this conversation as one of the best. We can not argue this point because, well, here it is in black and white!!!! No where am I arguing that he is the GOAT!!! You are having this argument with your fellow trolls i guess?!?!??

What I have said, is Spencer Lee rose to the ranks of ONE of the college all time greats, under tremendously adverse conditions. This is ANOTHER point I do not believe can be argued??? You can point to the statistics and say, such and such had a better career.

Yet ANOTHER point that really can not be argued! So here you are though, trying to raise your guys and lower LEE who is right there with them because he did it while injured!!!!

Just think about it!!!!

man alive do they have "skools" where you all are from? I mean I like the idea of giving him a Gold because he is awesome and all, but he much rather earn it on the mat as usual. I did however wrote MULTIPLE GOLDS if his body holds up.

They did things that you most likely want to dismiss because "that was olden days" or some crap logic???

kinda funny

Do NOT lie!!! You are very nervous as is AB and his coaches!!! Some rumors going around about these kids, might be a few on here? Seems like many were trying to paint them in a bad light and/or even trying to block AJ from becoming a HAWK!!!!

It was probably parents with daughters would be my guess.

Reactions: Jayhouse
If a thread was ever designed to be click bait, this thread takes 1st. place in spades! But that being said, it’s definitely amusing to read the back and forth banter. I guess that’s one of the primary purposes for message boards. 😁

lol. It’s a spreadsheet for that @Cali_Nittany maintains on this board. And FYI… you show how little you know with every post.
OK, tell me something I do not know?
I suppose we should create a "special" category for Spence so he can be the goat at something in college.
Feel FREE to create a thread for the GREAT SL!!!
It was probably parents with daughters would be my guess.
CLEARED on ALL charges so what you got now??????
“I can go on and on about this sport with things you have never heard of.” - Ironbird

You have. Because it all exists only in your head.
My head is jammed packed with knowledge NO DOUBT!!!
If a thread was ever designed to be click bait, this thread takes 1st. place in spades! But that being said, it’s definitely amusing to read the back and forth banter. I guess that’s one of the primary purposes for message boards. 😁
A pretty great thread so far but we need to get another topic going!!! Let me give it some thought after watching Ohio st vs Pitt which has been good so far!

OK, tell me something I do not know?

Feel FREE to create a thread for the GREAT SL!!!

CLEARED on ALL charges so what you got now??????

My head is jammed packed with knowledge NO DOUBT!!!

A pretty great thread so far but we need to get another topic going!!! Let me give it some thought after watching Ohio st vs Pitt which has been good so far!
Why is your screen name Ironbird? Interested in the thought process involved.

It’s an ironic take on iron being malleable while his views are anything but.

And then hawks are a type of bird.

Pigheaded Hawkeye fan.

Just think about it!!!!

kinda funny

Yes we will argue your point you are dumb as shit. Why would we not argue with you. What a dumb ass. And stick your fake news up your ass we don't do politics on here. Is that's your agenda go away we are not interested in your stupidity or lack of logic.

Reactions: Fatmarc
Yes we will argue your point you are dumb as shit. Why would we not argue with you. What a dumb ass. And stick your fake news up your ass we don't do politics on here. Is that's your agenda go away we are not interested in your stupidity or lack of logic.
His politics are pretty close to the truth.

Reactions: IRONBIRD
His politics are pretty close to the truth.
Fake news arguments are stupid and lack logic. Whatever he doesn't agree with he goes right to fake news. That's what stupid people say when they don't know how to have a logical discourse with someone they don't agree with. The law of averages would dictate an individual is wrong some of the time. He has never admitted to being wrong. His ego won't allow it lol how ****ing simple minded would I have to be to respond to an argument as your wrong or you don't understand or I have history on my side lmfao. It's like reading responses from a child lol. Anyhow carry on

Fake news arguments are stupid and lack logic. Whatever he doesn't agree with he goes right to fake news. That's what stupid people say when they don't know how to have a logical discourse with someone they don't agree with. The law of averages would dictate an individual is wrong some of the time. He has never admitted to being wrong. His ego won't allow it lol how ****ing simple minded would I have to be to respond to an argument as your wrong or you don't understand or I have history on my side lmfao. It's like reading responses from a child lol. Anyhow carry on
That's why I said pretty close to the truth

Reactions: IRONBIRD
THIS IS A QUESTION FOR THE AGES!?!?!?!? I have talked about this before, guess i will give the run down again.

I DID NOT CHOOSE THE NAME!!! I have NO idea how it happened??? I found the IOWA board many years ago and went there mostly looking for inside info, updates etc.... So I was a long time reader who never posted.

I believe it was a MATCH GRADES thread that made me want to comment? In any case, I went to create an account, and it said an account already exists. I am like WTF!?!?!? So i go to log in, there is a saved password which I have no idea what it is????

So I log in, and I want to change stuff but I can not because I do not know the password? Someone once confirmed that I was a "member" for like 10 years before I ever posted?!?!?! It is very strange, but at this point it may be the most famous name on here so......
It’s an ironic take on iron being malleable while his views are anything but.

And then hawks are a type of bird.

Pigheaded Hawkeye fan.
Pretty funny and good till last sentence. Maybe go for the George Castanza approach. Try a line, if it hits, walk out being ahead!!!
You are arguing with yourself!!! Maybe you don't like being associated with FAKE NEWS because you are part of it and you know what BS it is????

I will have to report you and have you thrown off of here if you can not be respectful of the board rules!!!
I though I was wrong one time but I was mistaken!!!! That being said, AS ALWAYS, I will debate ANYTHING and EVERYTHING I have ever wrote with ANYONE!!!!

You WILL NOT accept the challenge because you will lose miserably!!!

We need to move on to another GREAT TOPIC #8 RECRUITING.

I will be 100% honest and say that it was money in part in my opinion that lead to such a great imbalance in the recruiting war. Some will argue about the now great run, but early on, there was no such a thing for PSU and in fact a 3 year run by IOWA was ended to start it.

During that 3 year run, NO great imbalance took place. In fact even during the GABLE years and NINE straight, there was no imbalance like we have seen in the last several years.

All this being said, the question is.

IF YOU WERE A TOP RECRUIT, WHAT THING(s) WOULD YOU BE LOOKING FOR?

I have

Coaching
School
Facilities
Teammates
Money
Fans

opportunity

You all may have some others to add, but what would be HONEST factors? You could say " well it is Cael and company coaching" but that would be incomplete.

Could say, "to me they have proven they know how to train and coach kids to win championships." That would be more of a logical response.

Then one might ask, "OK if you were looking at PSU and that was your thought process, what might sway you away?' I mean if you are a TOP GUN kid and PSU offers you a 50% ride because they already have a few kids around your weight.

Then another school offers a 100% ride, would that be enough?

IOWAs last big recruit stated HONESTY and INTEGRITY of staff!!! Also the commitment to state of the art facilities(rehab, training etc...)

The recruiting war to me has only TWOOOO in it right now. IOWA and PSU with you guess holding a significant edge for at least 10-12 years. I believe we are closing the gap very rapidly now and will make a big move and pass you next year!

A lot of good things here to discuss like MEN!!!! If you do not want to discuss like MEN??? Go bake or something!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT