ADVERTISEMENT

HAVE YOU HEARD???

Status
Not open for further replies.
If i was from PA i wouodnt want to talk politics ever on here or snywhere! As far as Ironbird! Dude is very knowledgeable on the sport and politics. I rarely dissagree with him on much. However i think what hes said over and over is SL is one of iowas all time greats. Hard to dispute. Like PSU of now Iowa had there run as well and there are 10 or so wrestlers that coupd vye for goat. Hes top 10 for sure but hard to put him ahead of banach, joey williams, lewis, lincoln, davis, zalesky, jergens, ironside…etc. all such close resimes hard to say 1. I had to give to banach with natty and international resume. Jmo
Thank you my brother! I am with you, and yea will try my best to stay away from politics that is for sure!
Did you not remember you just wrote this:

?

Inconsistent much?

Double standards and misogyny are hallmarks of GIA posts.
Now you see this!!! Whilst this guy(oh wait) this person, believes he(oh wait again) believes it is SOOOO righteous. They are absolute WRONG and they ARE the problem!!!

1) I wrote "discuss it like men!" That is to say for any reasonable person. Don't be babies about it!!! Writing about women being in here was a joke! It means "put your big boy pants on!!!!"

IF you are/were a Wrestler, and or had anything to do with the sport? You would understand that there are MANY terms that todays people might find offensive and really, NO ONE gives a sh*t!!!!

Butt drag, chest wrap, up the crotch, how about SATURDAY NIGHT PUSHUPS? List goes on and on, and most use the terms meaning no disrespect to anyone.

If I am coaching a team, or even walk into an area with a group of people and say. "Whats up guys?" not sure how you would take it? Honestly do not give a crap either!!!! I mean nothing by it except, whats going on everyone?

REAL men defend women, they believe they should be treated like ladies, have their own bathrooms, lockers rooms, and even sports where they can compete. You know someone posted a fact about Jackie Joyner, the FASTEST women sprinter of ALL TIME!!! It was remarkable how many HS boys were FASTER then her!!!

So in conclusion, I do not care if a statue offends you, our GREAT AMERICAN FLAG offends you, you feeling get hurt if someone calls you miss, etc..... "Homie don't play that!!!!" There is a HUGE difference between what is right and wrong and what is just misinterpreted BS!!!
In all honesty, I think what you post and what you think you post are sometimes two different things.

You’ll write something, be called out on it, and then respond with “when did I ever say that?”
Give an example? I am pretty sure what I post, and what I think I post, ARE THE SAME, and it is some of you who decide to make it something else?

Once again, talking about the GREAT SL. I 100% clearly, in many posts, made my case for what I was talking about! I never said he was the GOAT, and even went on to explain what I meant by "he is the best I ever watch!!"

To quickly dig into it deeper. Watching him wrestle, you would see him doing things(or at least I would) that shouldn't be possible! Like TECHing/PINNING the highest level competition America has to offer in the 1st period! All-Americans, National champions, the best of the best going down like bowling pins!!!

I brought up his injuries because it was a fact, NOT an EXCUSE. Those are for wussies!!! I made the comparison to Bo Jackson. He too was something I never seen before. The combination of SPEED and POWER was so ridiculous it was scary!!! You know, he may STILL be the only RB in the NFL with TWOOOO 90+ yard TD runs?

This is a crazy stat, when you think about all the great RBs!!! The what ifs will live forever.

Penn State fans don't need to worship Spencer. Spencer is/was good.

But, over the course of his career, he would have been the 3-5 best wrestler on our team.
REMARKABLE fact considering the circumstances he did it under right?
Poor Spencer. Poor-poor-poor little Spencer. Bad Cael. Bad-bad-bad Cael. I hope this sums up the thinking well enough. "You come to Penn State to win team titles" "You come to Iowa to make excuses why you didn't"
I wouldn't say "poor" Spencer as 99.99% would love to be close to as good? If you wanna call cael BAD I am not going to argue with you but I am sure many here will.

How many Championships do you have again?

I wouldn't say "poor" Spencer as 99.99% would love to be close to as good? If you wanna call cael BAD I am not going to argue with you but I am sure many here will.

Yes, it's remarkable.

Reactions: IRONBIRD

It is very remarkable that he could overcome terrible coaching and an idiotic fan base and still become the 10th or 12th best wrestlers of the last decade.

Did you really just compare lil' spencer to Bo Jackson? I think you are asking the wrong questions to the wrong people.
See, once again what I am talking about!?!?!? YES whitters, that is what I did! What I was saying is SL could have been as good or even better playing in the NFL!!! SL's size and speed would have been very much like BO's!!!!

I mean really!?!?!? I wrote it what I considered pretty clearly referring to injuries I thought???? WOW!!!
It is very remarkable that he could overcome terrible coaching and an idiotic fan base and still become the 10th or 12th best wrestlers of the last decade.
BEST coaches by a large margin, and ForGetAboutIT when talking FANS!!! Do NOT go there!!! Maybe the GREATEST fans in ALL of sports in the world!!!

While I consider myself as a HUGE fan and pretty hardcore. I in NO way compare myself to those in and around IOWA who SELL OUT CARVER YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT!!!!

IOWA is the epicenter of the Wrestling UNIVERSE and has been for a long LONG time!!!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: NitFan53
You do you IRONBIRD. It sucks that they go out of their way disparage Spencer and his family. Haters going to hate. They would've loved him to pieces if he was a Lion. He deserves better.
A few points about Spencer…

-His medical issues would have been addressed early if he were a Lion.
-He would have been a 4-timer if he were a Lion (individual AND team).
-He would have had the opportunity to wrestle on the freestyle world stage if he were a Lion.
….and most importantly…
-He would have wrestled worry-free with gratitude and humility if he were a Lion

You’re right. We would have loved him to pieces…and he definitely deserved better.

Last edited:
. So I was a long time reader who never posted.
giphy.gif

A few points…

-He would have had the opportunity to wrestle on the freestyle world stage if he were a Lion.
….and most importantly…
-He would have wrestled worry-free with gratitude and humility if he were a Lion

You’re right. We would have loved him to pieces…and he definitely deserved better.
Think you spelled LYING wrong?
Made me LOL!

See, once again what I am talking about!?!?!? YES whitters, that is what I did! What I was saying is SL could have been as good or even better playing in the NFL!!! SL's size and speed would have been very much like BO's!!!!

I mean really!?!?!? I wrote it what I considered pretty clearly referring to injuries I thought???? WOW!!!

BEST coaches by a large margin, and ForGetAboutIT when talking FANS!!! Do NOT go there!!! Maybe the GREATEST fans in ALL of sports in the world!!!

While I consider myself as a HUGE fan and pretty hardcore. I in NO way compare myself to those in and around IOWA who SELL OUT CARVER YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT!!!!

IOWA is the epicenter of the Wrestling UNIVERSE and has been for a long LONG time!!!!
LOL NOT THE LAST 10 + YRS!!

LOL NOT THE LAST 10 + YRS!!
YES even in the last 10+ years also. There is a reason that everyone, even today, looks to IOWA WRESTLING! You all are the perfect example!!! You have been winning and you STILL can not get away from IOWA as the BIG DAWGS of the sport!!!

It is like you all just know and understand that the HAWKS are a sleeping GAINT waiting to explode and you have nightmares about it or something!?!?!?

Now you see this!!! Whilst this guy(oh wait) this person, believes he(oh wait again) believes it is SOOOO righteous. They are absolute WRONG and they ARE the problem!!!
Blah blah blah, overreact, double-down
So in conclusion, I do not care if a statue offends you, our GREAT AMERICAN FLAG offends you, you feeling get hurt if someone calls you miss, etc..... "Homie don't play that!!!!" There is a HUGE difference between what is right and wrong and what is just misinterpreted BS!!!
In conclusion, you rationalize being insensitive, because you are incapable of empathy in the broadest of terms.

" yes everybody, lion has said it, nothing to see here!?!?!? There was a "full time, NCAA funded. "compliance officer" watching......"

JUST WOW!!!!

and YOU think that the $5 MILLION had nothing to do with the recruiting and or the bringing in Gilman, Dake, Snyder????

If you believe ANYONE in college could beat SL at even 90% FORGET 100%!!!! You have NO right to be on ANY wrestling board because you have no idea about the sport!!!

WON one, NO DOUBT about who would have won the covid year for anyone using any kind of logic especially after what we all saw at the B1Gs that year!

ALL IOWA fans know every other fan is watching us closely especially you all!!! We are back in striking distance and closing fast!!! It will be matter of who puts the best final pieces together for their team moving forward!

For example, many were claiming the dual this year would not be competitive. All of a sudden, it looks like it could get real tight. On paper, we are currently better at 133, 141, 149, 165, that is FOUR out of 10 my friend!!!

IF AJ goes that puts 197 in play, who we roll out at 174, 184, COULD present a possible upset!!!

AND I for one am not TWOOOOO sure we will not see something else that could be HUGE happen!!!! Let me tell you, IF it does go down, there will be a full blown MELTDOWN on this board!!!!!

Does the NLWC have a a lot of money they can distribute legally within the rules of the NCAA and US Olympic process? Yep. I have written a few checks myself.

Is that why they have a room full of great training partners? It helps… so does the coaching staff that you clowns consistently ignore.

Has Penn State wrestling violated or even been investigated for violating any NCAA rules?

No.

Hell, even the 3 inch binder didn’t contain any NCAA violations.

You can dream about it… you can have guys from GIA call the NCAA compliance office 😂, you can create all kinds of conspiracy theories, you can pretend that Iowas coaches are superior. You can pretend that Iowa has the best lightweight room in the country. You can live in the past. You can live in the dream world where Spencer won 4 and didn’t lose 6 and didn’t get decked in the semis and then take his headgear and go home.

In reality… PSU has the most successful coaches, the most NCAA and Olympic champions in the room, the most money, the most momentum, and you can either make excuses and pretend you won things you didn’t, or you can accept that Iowa has alot of work to do to try to catch up.

You “fans” making excuses and living in your dream world are part of Iowas problem.

Reactions: raslen007
" yes everybody, lion has said it, nothing to see here!?!?!? There was a "full time, NCAA funded. "compliance officer" watching......"

JUST WOW!!!!

and YOU think that the $5 MILLION had nothing to do with the recruiting and or the bringing in Gilman, Dake, Snyder????

If you believe ANYONE in college could beat SL at even 90% FORGET 100%!!!! You have NO right to be on ANY wrestling board because you have no idea about the sport!!!

WON one, NO DOUBT about who would have won the covid year for anyone using any kind of logic especially after what we all saw at the B1Gs that year!

ALL IOWA fans know every other fan is watching us closely especially you all!!! We are back in striking distance and closing fast!!! It will be matter of who puts the best final pieces together for their team moving forward!

For example, many were claiming the dual this year would not be competitive. All of a sudden, it looks like it could get real tight. On paper, we are currently better at 133, 141, 149, 165, that is FOUR out of 10 my friend!!!

IF AJ goes that puts 197 in play, who we roll out at 174, 184, COULD present a possible upset!!!

AND I for one am not TWOOOOO sure we will not see something else that could be HUGE happen!!!! Let me tell you, IF it does go down, there will be a full blown MELTDOWN on this board!!!!!
Amazing that you can post 50 times on things that didn’t happen and opine on how they 100% would have happened under different circumstances (no acl injuries, no covid year)…

But when I factually point out that it would have probably been harder for Cael to cheat in his first 2 years than any other wrestling coach in the country, you come back with “right we should accept it because you say so..”.

It is 100% impossible to be sure SL wins 4 if he was healthy because it is 100% impossible to be sure he wouldn’t get thrown to his back and get decked. Those things happen to elite wrestlers who are fully healthy (see David Taylor). And it happened to SL a bunch of times. Twice by the same guy! Once by a third stringer!

And if you don’t want to believe that Iowa’s habit of underperforming at NCAAs the last decade, especially those guys on the 2020 squad who GIA (and you probably) have had 90% confidence in 3 other years and watched a few of them not even make the finals… you can have that opinion. It is an opinion.

We saw SL get decked. We saw KenDog and The Bull fall short repeatedly. We saw Nick Lee and Starocci reverse wins in NCAAs duals and from BIGs. No way it was a guarantee that Iowa wins in 2020. No way is it a guarantee that PSU wins in carver this year. I know this… only 1 of those 2 things has a chance to happen in reality. Deal with it.

Reactions: mcpat
This is a very well thought out response!!! A+ to you!!! You made many good points and open a debate in a proper way.

I am not sure how many would be in the GOAT discussion? I am also not sure if you go ALL-TIME or have a pre and post war categories? I never said he was the goat when it came to college wrestling. Me saying he is the best wrestler I ever seen, has to do with when he could perform anywhere near what he was capable of.

His tank issues I can assure you had to do with training and health! NO real issues with Ayala, his mom did apologize for what was said. Making choices to wrestle when hurt is a little misleading. You try and do what you believe is right at the time. Hindsight is 20-20 and it sometimes is easy to look back and say, "GEE I shoulda brought Apple stock!!!"

His time was ticking, and some injuries were not predictable.

UH, PLEASE enlighten me if you know something I don't?

LMAO now he is copying me again!!! Look, if you wanna be me- uh wait, you can never be THE GREAT BIRD!!!
Now your posting privileges have been CANCELLED and you WILL NOT respond. I would resort to calling you names but I am a much better person then you. Once more you are now on report, which I never due, but we keep our WORD where i am from!!!

I actually will make him respond now everyone just watch!!!

I guess you may, but it is very hard to ignore the GREATEST post up in this bitch!!! I guess i am kinda like Howard Stern(at least when he was cool and relevant!) to these people.

Some would remember when they were talking about his ratings? Some tune in because they like him, and other because they don't and wanted to hear what he has to say!!!

ANYONE care to talk about RECRUITING?
Iowa is getting decimated at recruiting compared to Penn State, and it's becoming ingrained in the younger wrestlers coming up. When people were questioning why Truax chose to portal to Penn State instead of taking Slumlord Millionaire's truck full of cash, and then the picture surfaced of Truax at like 10 years old with a Penn State National Champions shirt on should scare the shit out of every other program in the country. Mesenbrink portaling himself to Penn State without having to be recruited and without a promise of either a scholarship or even a starting spot because he saw who is in the room (both at PSU and NLWC) and wanted to be a part of the dynasty should scare the shit out of every other program in the country. PJ Duke choosing Penn State even though there is already a log jam of likely multiple times champions at his weight already here with multiple years of eligibility left should scare the shit out of every other program in the country.

The elite wrestlers are now basically interviewing to get into Penn State instead of being recruited by Penn State. It's going to be at least a decade until this momentum has a chance to turn around. One family of degenerate perverts/criminals (that already caused one elite recruit to decommit...) isn't going to put Iowa over the top. LOL.

Last edited:
Reactions: AriesRam and Petch

….and most importantly…

He would also have the full power of the NLWC supporting his post-college world goals instead of having to be the face of a second rate RTC.

Reactions: Petch
Blah blah blah, overreact, double-down

In conclusion, you rationalize being insensitive, because you are incapable of empathy in the broadest of terms.
NO it is because i live in the REAL world and do not bend over to scum trying to take us down!
IOWA =
giphy.gif

It is called the Spencer Lee Reaction.
Not TWOOO good this time!
Does the NLWC have a a lot of money they can distribute legally within the rules of the NCAA and US Olympic process? Yep. I have written a few checks myself.

Is that why they have a room full of great training partners? It helps… so does the coaching staff that you clowns consistently ignore.

Has Penn State wrestling violated or even been investigated for violating any NCAA rules?

No.

Hell, even the 3 inch binder didn’t contain any NCAA violations.

You can dream about it… you can have guys from GIA call the NCAA compliance office 😂, you can create all kinds of conspiracy theories, you can pretend that Iowas coaches are superior. You can pretend that Iowa has the best lightweight room in the country. You can live in the past. You can live in the dream world where Spencer won 4 and didn’t lose 6 and didn’t get decked in the semis and then take his headgear and go home.

In reality… PSU has the most successful coaches, the most NCAA and Olympic champions in the room, the most money, the most momentum, and you can either make excuses and pretend you won things you didn’t, or you can accept that Iowa has alot of work to do to try to catch up.

You “fans” making excuses and living in your dream world are part of Iowas problem.
OH yes the BINDER did, BRANDS being the BIGGER man saw the potential damage it would cause wrestling and especially clubs and shut it down! Tom Ryan confirmed this!!!
Amazing that you can post 50 times on things that didn’t happen and opine on how they 100% would have happened under different circumstances (no acl injuries, no covid year)…

But when I factually point out that it would have probably been harder for Cael to cheat in his first 2 years than any other wrestling coach in the country, you come back with “right we should accept it because you say so..”.

It is 100% impossible to be sure SL wins 4 if he was healthy because it is 100% impossible to be sure he wouldn’t get thrown to his back and get decked. Those things happen to elite wrestlers who are fully healthy (see David Taylor). And it happened to SL a bunch of times. Twice by the same guy! Once by a third stringer!

And if you don’t want to believe that Iowa’s habit of underperforming at NCAAs the last decade, especially those guys on the 2020 squad who GIA (and you probably) have had 90% confidence in 3 other years and watched a few of them not even make the finals… you can have that opinion. It is an opinion.

We saw SL get decked. We saw KenDog and The Bull fall short repeatedly. We saw Nick Lee and Starocci reverse wins in NCAAs duals and from BIGs. No way it was a guarantee that Iowa wins in 2020. No way is it a guarantee that PSU wins in carver this year. I know this… only 1 of those 2 things has a chance to happen in reality. Deal with it.
STILL NO answer to why they saw fit to put a committee in place to watch over the great Cael? Might also want to check who exactly it was on that committee and get back to us???? UT-OH!!!!
Iowa is getting decimated at recruiting compared to Penn State, and it's becoming ingrained in the younger wrestlers coming up. When people were questioning why Truax chose to portal to Penn State instead of taking Slumlord Millionaire's truck full of cash, and then the picture surfaced of Truax at like 10 years old with a Penn State National Champions shirt on should scare the shit out of every other program in the country. Mesenbrink portaling himself to Penn State without having to be recruited and without a promise of either a scholarship or even a starting spot because he saw who is in the room (both at PSU and NLWC) and wanted to be a part of the dynasty should scare the shit out of every other program in the country. PJ Duke choosing Penn State even though there is already a log jam of likely multiple times champions at his weight already here with multiple years of eligibility left should scare the shit out of every other program in the country.

The elite wrestlers are now basically interviewing to get into Penn State instead of being recruited by Penn State. It's going to be at least a decade until this momentum has a chance to turn around. One family of degenerate perverts/criminals (that already caused one elite recruit to decommit...) isn't going to put Iowa over the top. LOL.
Was pretty good except the "scare the shit part, the at least a decade part, and the part aimed at the Ferrari's!

You all are the scared people and for good reason! It appears that next years team(or even this years team IF one more BIG move takes place) will take you down!!! Hopefully the Ferrari's don't have any friends reading this board and they take it out on your wrestlers!!!
He would also have the full power of the NLWC supporting his post-college world goals instead of having to be the face of a second rate RTC.
2nd rate huh? (OK now everyone watch the MASTER you all know as SIR BIRD at work)

Would you care to bet on which club will have more international medals? GOLD medals, Olympic metals, In the next 1,2,3,4,5,6......years????

Make it a friendly type bet. $20 buckets a metal, $50 a gold, $100 and Olympic, $500 Olympic GOLD!!!!

I will take on ALL who are willing!!!!

NO it is because i live in the REAL world and do not bend over to scum trying to take us down!

Not TWOOO good this time!

OH yes the BINDER did, BRANDS being the BIGGER man saw the potential damage it would cause wrestling and especially clubs and shut it down! Tom Ryan confirmed this!!!

STILL NO answer to why they saw fit to put a committee in place to watch over the great Cael? Might also want to check who exactly it was on that committee and get back to us???? UT-OH!!!!

Was pretty good except the "scare the shit part, the at least a decade part, and the part aimed at the Ferrari's!

You all are the scared people and for good reason! It appears that next years team(or even this years team IF one more BIG move takes place) will take you down!!! Hopefully the Ferrari's don't have any friends reading this board and they take it out on your wrestlers!!!

2nd rate huh? (OK now everyone watch the MASTER you all know as SIR BIRD at work)

Would you care to bet on which club will have more international medals? GOLD medals, Olympic metals, In the next 1,2,3,4,5,6......years????

Make it a friendly type bet. $20 buckets a metal, $50 a gold, $100 and Olympic, $500 Olympic GOLD!!!!

I will take on ALL who are willing!!!!
You sound shook.

….and most importantly…

Speculation. You have no way of knowing any of that. Just a bunch of hot air.

He deserves better than what's been said of him here. This much is true.

i live in the REAL world and do not bend over to scum trying to take us down!
Spoken with the fervor of a fearful paranoid.

I too live in the real world. But I am not living in fear of being taken in any direction by the likes of anyone.

Last edited:
You sound shook.
ONLY if you are referring to AC DC song!
Spoken with the fervor of a fearful paranoid.

I too live in the real world. But I am not living in fear of being taking in any direction by the likes of anyone.
Right you do not have to be because AMERICAN PATRIOTS defend you!!!
Some of the personal things said at times, maybe, but the evaluation of his wrestling career on here is pretty fair and accurate.
NOT really because most of you dismiss the circumstances under which he competed! Your logic is one sided, "well injuries happen." Yes that is true, they have ended careers too, but they do happen and how someone can deal with them IS part of the story!

To reach GREATNESS while overcoming extreme adversity is something that needs to be part of any conversation that has SPENCER LEE in it. Many have stated their opinions about other GREAT wrestlers and even posted stats to support their argument.

It is agreed by me that ON PAPER others have had better careers. That is pretty simple, wrestlers X,Y, and Z won more lost less and had a higher bonus rate. For "haters" to not seem to understand that SL is pretty much right there with these other greats, and it should make them shake their heads in disbelieve is my point!!!

Somebody brought up the remarkable feats accomplished by Anthony Robles as a comparison. He over came having one leg. He used this handicap, to his advantage if you will? He built up his upper body to that of a much larger wrestler. What he did I would have also said could never be done!!!

While it is no way the same as SL, just image if Robles put up the numbers SL did? Then he is in the overall GREAT category right, but, EVERYONE would also be saying the obvious. He did it with one leg!!! SL was almost never able to train at 100%, this is FACT and he put up the numbers!!!

MOST athletes in any sport would have hung it up! I do know of one wrestler who battle VERY SIMILAR circumstances and kept going. I knew him because he was a great HS wrestler from my area. He gave it everything he had and more, but just could not overcome the injuries enough to have great success.

I had a teammate who blew an ACL, had surgery and a year off to rehab. Took him another year I believe to get most of the strength back in his leg. I would say with almost 100% certainty that if he blew it out again, and/or blew out the other. He would have been done!

Some pointed to other athletes who blew out an ACL such as Yanni D. They will point to the fact he blew it out during Championships(can not remember if it was during or right before?) In any case he gutted out an amazing championship! However there are several things to look at and consider.

1) He was nowhere near as dominate 2) I do not think he has looked as good since? 3) Blowing it out at the time he did instead of say earlier in the year. Allowed him to train and condition as he normally would. So you are dealing with the pain and everything, but at least you have most of your conditioning!

Now say he blew one out at the beginning of the season, then the other right at the championships, would he even compete? Maybe, could he have won? Highly unlikely!

Last edited:
@IRONBIRD I will give you credit for being fun.

And for the record, I have defended Spencer. Did so recently in another thread. I’ve repeatedly asked folks to leave his mom out of things. I hate that the camera was on her and I’ve repeatedly posted about that. I think he was great. Like someone else had posted, he’d prob land somewhere around our 4th-6th best guy at PSU under Cael. You see that as a put down. But it’s actually a huge compliment.

Last edited:
@IRONBIRD I will give you credit for being fun.

And for the record, I have defended Spencer. Did so recently in another thread. I’ve repeatedly asked folks to leave his mom out of things. I hate that the camera was on her and I’ve repeatedly posted about that. I think he was great. Like someone else had posted, he’d prob land somewhere around our 4th-6th best guy at PSU under Cael. You see that as a put down. But it’s actually a huge compliment.
TY, much appreciated. I believe you have brought some good stuff to the thread and we have had some good back and fourth.

I am always open to discussions, debates, even arguments as long as people present their side and their case. We are RIVALS and that will always be true it seems. Hopefully the common love of the GREATEST sport on earth brings us together more then pulls us apart!

Reactions: mcpat
because AMERICAN PATRIOTS defend you
Sure, Amercan patriots, some of whom rely on equipment I designed and tested to perform their mission. These American patriots are as grateful to have this equipment as I am for them to have it.

There are multiple different ways one can serve their county. And yet none of the Amercan patriots I know live with the kind of fear that appears to consume you.

ONLY if you are referring to AC DC song!

Right you do not have to be because AMERICAN PATRIOTS defend you!!!

NOT really because most of you dismiss the circumstances under which he competed! Your logic is one sided, "well injuries happen." Yes that is true, they have ended careers too, but they do happen and how someone can deal with them IS part of the story!

To reach GREATNESS while overcoming extreme adversity is something that needs to be part of any conversation that has SPENCER LEE in it. Many have stated their opinions about other GREAT wrestlers and even posted stats to support their argument.

It is agreed by me that ON PAPER others have had better careers. That is pretty simple, wrestlers X,Y, and Z won more lost less and had a higher bonus rate. For "haters" to not seem to understand that SL is pretty much right there with these other greats, and it should make them shake their heads in disbelieve is my point!!!

Somebody brought up the remarkable feats accomplished by Anthony Robles as a comparison. He over came having one leg. He used this handicap, to his advantage if you will? He built up his upper body to that of a much larger wrestler. What he did I would have also said could never be done!!!

While it is no way the same as SL, just image if Robles put up the numbers SL did? Then he is in the overall GREAT category right, but, EVERYONE would also be saying the obvious. He did it with one leg!!! SL was almost never able to train at 100%, this is FACT and he put up the numbers!!!

MOST athletes in any sport would have hung it up! I do know of one wrestler who battle VERY SIMILAR circumstances and kept going. I knew him because he was a great HS wrestler from my area. He gave it everything he had and more, but just could not overcome the injuries enough to have great success.

I had a teammate who blew an ACL, had surgery and a year off to rehab. Took him another year I believe to get most of the strength back in his leg. I would say with almost 100% certainty that if he blew it out again, and/or blew out the other. He would have been done!

Some pointed to other athletes who blew out an ACL such as Yanni D. They will point to the fact he blew it out during Championships(can not remember if it was during or right before?) In any case he gutted out an amazing championship! However there are several things to look at and consider.

1) He was nowhere near as dominate 2) I do not think he has looked as good since? 3) Blowing it out at the time he did instead of say earlier in the year. Allowed him to train and condition as he normally would. So you are dealing with the pain and everything, but at least you have most of your conditioning!

Now say he blew one out at the beginning of the season, then the other right at the championships, would he even compete? Maybe, could he have won? Highly unlikely!
Excuses are for wusses. Spencer does not approve of this post.

Sure, Amercan patriots, some of whom rely on equipment I designed and tested to perform their mission. These American patriots are as grateful to have this equipment as I am for them to have it.

There are multiple different ways one can serve their county. And yet none of the Amercan patriots I know live with the kind of fear that appears to consume you.
Sounds familiar. Are you and WildTurk employed at the same firm?

I try to be respectful to Spencer he had unlimited potential to be an international goat. IMO, he was not served well by his support group. His knees are toast and IMO he wrestled atleast two seasons he should not have. He did this under circumstances he enabled. I hope he can get back but he hasn’t had lungs in years I just don’t see it.

Reactions: PD4thespawn

What equipment might that be?

In any case, you have me confused I guess with someone else. Not certain you are living in the real world? AMERICA is under attack, the FBI has said this. They are now trying to find AT LEAST 300 POS in our country on the TERROR WATCH LIST!!!

The reason people like you are not DEAD, is THE AMERICAN PATRIOT!!!

Your fear comment reminds me of the little old lady who was pulled over by the highway trooper.

She gets pulled over and the trooper sees she has a hand gun next to her. He comments and she says something like, I have a 357 in the glove box and a shot gun in the trunk too!!!

Trooper says, what are you afraid of? Old lady says, NOT A GOD DAMN THING!!!!
Excuses are for wusses. Spencer does not approve of this post.
SPENCER got that line from me!!!
Sounds familiar. Are you and WildTurk employed at the same firm?
Do not know WildTurk personally but we appear to be together on most things!
I try to be respectful to Spencer he had unlimited potential to be an international goat. IMO, he was not served well by his support group. His knees are toast and IMO he wrestled atleast two seasons he should not have. He did this under circumstances he enabled. I hope he can get back but he hasn’t had lungs in years I just don’t see it.
This is a reasonable post! I disagree with the "support group" part. Not sure what more they could have done? Maybe not wrestling him most of the year, and then just at the end? Have him take a medical? The problem is, his knees did not hold up for whatever reason?

I am hoping honestly for one strong run to olympic GOLD! After that, IF his knees have absolutely no issues, fine do it again!!! Guessing that might not be the case though and he could then move on to coaching!

equipment might that be
Submarine warhead care and launch systems. Submarine and aircraft carrier safety systems. Aircraft carrier landing systems.

Been to Groton, CT many times, which I understand is close to your neck of the woods. Been to Cape Canaveral, Kings Bay, Bremerton, Newport News, Bath, and Lakehurst as well. Perhaps you've heard of them, patriot that you are.

How about yourself? What have you done with your life beyond wrestling and keyboard warrioring?

Exactly how many guns do you have in your safe at home?

FYI - a middle-aged white man never fears being pulled over. And one who lives in a rural county with a safe of hunting weapons has cause to fear even less.

Last edited:
Reactions: bwfight

LOL let us know when you catch up with OK ST in team titles!

Submarine warhead care and launch systems. Submarine and aircraft carrier safety systems. Aircraft carrier landing systems.

Been to Groton, CT many times, which I understand is close to your neck of the woods. Been to Cape Canaveral, Kings Bay, Bremerton, Newport News, Bath, and Lakehurst as well. Perhaps you've heard of them, patriot that you are.

How about yourself? What have you done with your life beyond wrestling and keyboard warrioring?

Exactly how many guns do you have in your safe at home?

FYI - a middle-aged white man never fears being pulled over. And one who lives in a rural county with a safe of hunting weapons has cause to fear even less.
DANG DUDE!!!! You certainly are a strange one for sure!!! Maybe you is having nightmares about what might happen IF those weapons you work on were ever needed? Certainly these times moves us closer to that problem and that is what I am talking about!!!

Join the RIGHTEOUS side and EMBRACE FREEDOM and LIBERTY!!! AMERICA is the GREAT BEACON of HOPE for ALL!!!

I can ONLY comment on my COACHING and TRAINING parts of my life as ALL other things are HIGHLY classified!!!!

GUNS!??!? What guns, I have no guns!!!

That Funny Black comedian did a whole skit on " What do do if pulled over by the police!?!?!?" You should watch it and I will try to link it if I can?

However to insinuate that the POLICE are the problem, and/or are racist etc...... is just TERRIBLE honestly!!! The numbers PROVE beyond ANY doubt what a fine job 99.9% do and it is sometimes a TUFF job!!!!
LOL let us know when you catch up with OK ST in team titles!
OK, might be WAY SOONER then you think!!!!

It is a Chris Rock video very funny as long as you HAVE a sense of humor!!!

Last edited:
Don't go to other threads on here because obviously this is the best one by far!!! that being said, I saw a new thread titled "Best moment......

EASLY the best moment for ALL of you on here was when I came over and started this great thread!!! I want you all to vote for SIR IRON!!!! TY

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT