ADVERTISEMENT

HAVE YOU HEARD???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very EASY to see through you all!!! The HAWKEYES are on the rise and it is an ultra fast trajectory!!!!!

SPENCER
AJ and the FERRARIS
ARNOLD
RECRUITING
FACILITIES......

The smart ones all knew it was coming on like a FREIGHT TRAIN but were hoping and praying that train wasn't SOOOOOOO fast!!!!!

WE ARE IO- WA even sounds better!!!!!

Keep saying things in CAPS and maybe you’ll convince yourself that it’s true.

Very EASY to see through you all!!! The HAWKEYES are on the rise and it is an ultra fast trajectory!!!!!

SPENCER
AJ and the FERRARIS
ARNOLD
RECRUITING
FACILITIES......

The smart ones all knew it was coming on like a FREIGHT TRAIN but were hoping and praying that train wasn't SOOOOOOO fast!!!!!

O.k. Since they are coming on so fast, I'm going to allow you to make a sucker out of me. For the next 5 years, we bet $50 on who wins the dual and who finishes higher at nationals. So, for 2023/2024, 2024/2025, 2025/2026, 2026/2027 & 2027/2028, we have $50 on every PSU/Iowa dual meet and who finishes higher in the team standings at nationals.

This one should be an easy bet for you to jump on and take advantage of my inability to see the TRAIN THAT IS COMING!

1st post in this thread is a good GOAT read I think.

Reactions: OzarkLion
BEFORE joining, I believe the number of times my name was mentioned was 25,000!!! I created my own thread that quickly went to #1, I have to respond to my ever growing fan base!!!

NOT, and any indication that you was heading toward big win has now been BLOWN UP!!! The dual meet which many of you felt would not be close, is now very much in play!!!

IF GABLE signs on with IOWA, your heads that I already predicted would be exploding with AJ. Are now causing your little roofs to blow off your houses!!!
Not sure of exploding heads, blown-off roofs, nightmares, or freight train fear, but I wouldn’t expect much angst from the masses over here. But don’t despair, oh hawk forged by iron. Regarding any Gabe/Carter or AB/AJF matches, I have plenty of worrisome anxiety to go around. That said, I believe any loss by either Lion in CHA or the B1G tourney gets reversed at the NCAAs, where it matters most. Such reversals, in fact, have proven to be a very real and recurring nightmare for your side. Let’s just hope TB gives Gabe a chance at his Vision Quest and doesn’t warehouse him. Might be the kid’s only shot. I’m of a mind that Carter doesn’t return for a “fabricated” opportunity no prior 4-timer (fingers crossed) ever had.

O.k. Since they are coming on so fast, I'm going to allow you to make a sucker out of me. For the next 5 years, we bet $50 on who wins the dual and who finishes higher at nationals. So, for 2023/2024, 2024/2025, 2025/2026, 2026/2027 & 2027/2028, we have $50 on every PSU/Iowa dual meet and who finishes higher in the team standings at nationals.

This one should be an easy bet for you to jump on and take advantage of my inability to see the TRAIN THAT IS COMING!
Give me ODDS or POINTS!

1st post in this thread is a good GOAT read I think.
Had some good stuff but was missing a TON!!!
Not sure of exploding heads, blown-off roofs, nightmares, or freight train fear, but I wouldn’t expect much angst from the masses over here. But don’t despair, oh hawk forged by iron. Regarding any Gabe/Carter or AB/AJF matches, I have plenty of worrisome anxiety to go around. That said, I believe any loss by either Lion in CHA or the B1G tourney gets reversed at the NCAAs, where it matters most. Such reversals, in fact, have proven to be a very real and recurring nightmare for your side. Let’s just hope TB gives Gabe a chance at his Vision Quest and doesn’t warehouse him. Might be the kid’s only shot. I’m of a mind that Carter doesn’t return for a “fabricated” opportunity no prior 4-timer (fingers crossed) ever had.
You are living in that pretend world that some of you have made up. Yes a few times matches have moved to your favor after a loss. I guess you could look at it as YOUR guys got better instead of the reality which was OUR guys over achieved!

It also happened in NCAAs where YOUR stall style often will not get called and banged as it should!

Carter WAS coming back till BIG BAD ARNOLD came on the scene!!!

• Haha
Reactions: PSUer1989
Give me ODDS or POINTS!

You are living in that pretend world that some of you have made up. Yes a few times matches have moved to your favor after a loss. I guess you could look at it as YOUR guys got better instead of the reality which was OUR guys over achieved!

It also happened in NCAAs where YOUR stall style often will not get called and banged as it should!

You just claimed Iowa was going to win outright once Fredo and the rapist join the team. Why would you need odds or points?

Carter was never coming back, or at least he has never once said he’s even considering it.

SPENCER
AJ and the FERRARIS
ARNOLD
RECRUITING
FACILITIES......

Ah yes…I always enjoy the Iowa fan base hope and optimism in December turning to confusion and despair in March. It’s becoming a fun tradition for all of us.

Thanks Ironbird!

Reactions: AriesRam
Why would I need to give you odds or points, when you are clearly seeing THE IOWA TRAIN THAT IS COMING SOONER THAN LATER THAT HAS US ALL SHAKING IN OUR BOOTS?
Because that is HOW BETTING WORKS!!!
You just claimed Iowa was going to win outright once Fredo and the rapist join the team. Why would you need odds or points?

Carter was never coming back, or at least he has never once said he’s even considering it.
Bad look calling these kids names! Carter is trying to squeeze Fat$$$$Man!!!
Ah yes…I always enjoy the Iowa fan base hope and optimism in December turning to confusion and despair in March. It’s becoming a fun tradition for all of us.

Thanks Ironbird!
There is a line in a song, "You may be right.... I may be crazy" Think I have a new line "You are wrong..... and you are crazy!!!!'

Thanks Ironbird!
They sure do win a lot of national championships from September to December.

Because that is HOW BETTING WORKS!!!

That is how betting works when you are betting against the house. This is a bet between two people.

You are the one making the claims that THE IOWA TRAIN IS COMING AND THAT WE ARE SHAKING IN OUR BOOTS.

If that is the case, and we have our heads in the sand and can't see it, then this should be easy money for you.

The fact that you are looking for points or odds simply shows what we all already know. You are just shooting your mouth off without the confidence to back it up. Fair enough and not surprising.

I'll send you another bet offer before the dual this year, when the picture is clearer of who is going.

Last edited:
Give me ODDS or POINTS!

No idea of Carter’s intent, though I doubt any of it is based on Big Bad’s birth. Just an old guy’s old-school opinion that it shows more class and respect to preceding 4-timers “not” to top their accomplishment when it’s only an uneven playing field that makes it possible. The age of NIL, social media, personal branding, even MMA, have certainly created a different kind of college wrestler, so we’ll all just wait and see. And I wouldn’t crow too much about overachieving during duals or pre-NCAA tourneys. You want it happening later, like at least one Lion seems to do every March (see Beau, SVN, Levi last year).

That is how betting works when you are betting against the house. This is a bet between two people.

You are the one making the claims that THE IOWA TRAIN IS COMING AND THAT WE ARE SHAKING IN OUR BOOTS.

If that is the case, and we have our heads in the sand and can't see it, then this should be easy money for you.

The fact that you are looking for points or odds simply shows what we all already know. You are just shooting your mouth off without the confidence to back it up. Fair enough and not surprising.

I'll send you another bet offer before the dual this year, when the picture is clearer of who is going.
Points and odds makes a lot of sense from where I am sitting! We could go match by match in the dual if you like?
No idea of Carter’s intent, though I doubt any of it is based on Big Bad’s birth. Just an old guy’s old-school opinion that it shows more class and respect to preceding 4-timers “not” to top their accomplishment when it’s only an uneven playing field that makes it possible. The age of NIL, social media, personal branding, even MMA, have certainly created a different kind of college wrestler, so we’ll all just wait and see. And I wouldn’t crow too much about overachieving during duals or pre-NCAA tourneys. You want it happening later, like at least one Lion seems to do every March (see Beau, SVN, Levi last year).
This did not age well!!! Again you had higher level recruits and/or ranked wrestlers LOSING to TOUGHER IOWA wrestlers all the time. Then you feel if the win 1 out of 2, 3,4, etc.... They are doing great????

For example Spencer Lee took out Nico few weeks back and took him out AGAIN!!! He did this still wrestling at 80%!!! So OUR higher ranked guy keeps beating your guy, while OUR lower ranked guys, also beat your guys! I am NOT seeing where you have some lowly ranked kids coming out and beating anyone?

Once more when we kick the hell out you for TWOOOO years straight. IOWA did it will much lower ranked team members then you! This is why the SMART fans over here are so worried!!! They see the field getting more on more level and they know even if we only get to 50% of the top recruits. It will be ALL OVER for you!!!

After Cael's punt year at PSU, the score is 10 to 1 in titles. Spin a narrative how you want, these are the facts.

2021 actually if anything showed how superior PSU coaches are. Iowa fans were touting some scoring record, they scored 129.5 in a watered down ivy-less field when half the schools barely could train. They instead go 0-3 against PSU (all lower seeds including 0-2 in the finals against guys who handily beat PSU in the Big Ten finals 2 weeks earlier) through inferior game planning.

Last edited:
I am NOT seeing where you have some lowly ranked kids coming out and beating anyone?
There's this guy named Anthony Cassar who qualified for NJ states for the first time as a senior beating the greatest wrestling recruit of all time arguably.

But yeah, Cael getting stud recruits and converting them to 3 timers and Hodge winners isn't a sign of development, just recruiting, those guys were all ready to win national titles as true freshman, especially Bo Nickal.

Reactions: mcpat
After Cael's punt year at PSU, the score is 10 to 1 in titles. Spin a narrative how you want, these are the facts.

2021 actually if anything showed how superior PSU coaches are. Iowa fans were touting some scoring record, they scored 129.5 in a watered down ivy-less field when half the schools barely could train. They instead go 0-3 against PSU (all lower seeds including 0-2 in the finals against guys who handily beat PSU in the Big Ten finals 2 weeks earlier) through inferior game planning.
"Cael's punt year" LOL

IOWA has the SCORING RECORD! I believe it was you saying you would break it this year!?!?!?

Lower seeds because they LOST to lower ranked wrestlers!!! They got UPSET!!!
There's this guy named Anthony Cassar who qualified for NJ states for the first time as a senior beating the greatest wrestling recruit of all time arguably.

But yeah, Cael getting stud recruits and converting them to 3 timers and Hodge winners isn't a sign of development, just recruiting, those guys were all ready to win national titles as true freshman, especially Bo Nickal.
Cassar was got injured or something and that was what let his recruiting ranking fall. He was not chop liver in other words. He did gain that 40 pounds though and beat a good one so give him credit!
Ironbird has a gambling heart the size of a raisinete.
I will certainly take that bet that you will not break IOWA's scoring record!!!! Lets see how many step up to take that bet!!!

"Cael's punt year" LOL

IOWA has the SCORING RECORD! I believe it was you saying you would break it this year!?!?!?

Cassar was got injured or something and that was what let his recruiting ranking fall. He was not chop liver in other words. He did gain that 40 pounds though and beat a good one so give him credit!

I will certainly take that bet that you will not break IOWA's scoring record!!!! Lets see how many step up to take that bet!!!
Yup, he was getting set up. He redshirted his entire team

I said we had a chance yeah with a full lineup and anyone who reviewed it on paper would believe it

Then showed up when it mattered, at NCAAs, as the team always does

No he just got a late start to the game and was harnessed by Cael, there's a reason why he never qualified for NJ states

Nobody would bet on something like that ridiculous in a straight up money line, you give odds.

"Cael's punt year" LOL

So now you concede that you will not win the duel nor place higher than PSU in the Natty.

Did the Iowa train get derailed?

Points and odds makes a lot of sense from where I am sitting! We could go match by match in the dual if you like?

This did not age well!!! Again you had higher level recruits and/or ranked wrestlers LOSING to TOUGHER IOWA wrestlers all the time. Then you feel if the win 1 out of 2, 3,4, etc.... They are doing great????

For example Spencer Lee took out Nico few weeks back and took him out AGAIN!!! He did this still wrestling at 80%!!! So OUR higher ranked guy keeps beating your guy, while OUR lower ranked guys, also beat your guys! I am NOT seeing where you have some lowly ranked kids coming out and beating anyone?

Once more when we kick the hell out you for TWOOOO years straight. IOWA did it will much lower ranked team members then you! This is why the SMART fans over here are so worried!!! They see the field getting more on more level and they know even if we only get to 50% of the top recruits. It will be ALL OVER for you!!!
Yepper….the PSU fans are terrified of Iowa’s mediocre coaching getting the absolute least out of their athletes in March. Keep that hammer down, TnT!!!

Yup, he was getting set up. He redshirted his entire team

I said we had a chance yeah with a full lineup and anyone who reviewed it on paper would believe it

Then showed up when it mattered, at NCAAs, as the team always does

No he just got a late start to the game and was harnessed by Cael, there's a reason why he never qualified for NJ states

Nobody would bet on something like that ridiculous in a straight up money line, you give odds.
Do not remember him redshirting his entire team ???

Yes you said it and now???

STILL proves my point

Cassar won something big like U17s or something which you should know?

But you will bet psu to win in a year when they are heavy favorites!?!?!
So now you concede that you will not win the duel nor place higher than PSU in the Natty.

Did the Iowa train get derailed?
Have an outside shot at winning the dual when everyone hear has said they had no shot, would get or could get shut out etc....
Yepper….the PSU fans are terrified of Iowa’s mediocre coaching getting the absolute least out of their athletes in March. Keep that hammer down, TnT!!!
Best team TWOOO years in a row with what has been proven as 1/7 the top recruits as you have!!!

TnT= DYNOMITE!!!!

“My team’s coach is better than your team’s coach because my team’s coach doesn’t recruit as well” is a very strange brag.

The funny part is that Spencer, Marinelli, Warner and Kemerer were all top 10 recruits. Add Eierman who transferred in after being a 3x AA at Missouri. Add Lugo who transferred in after being R12 as a true freshman at Edinboro. Add DeSanto who transferred in after being R12 as a true freshman at Drexel. Cassioppi was #14 on the final class of 2018 Big Board. Young was all the way down at #21 on the 2016 Board. Assad was as high as #13 on the next to last Big Board before something happened - didn’t he quit wrestling or something?

Hardly a ragtag group of wrestling nobodies you had there Iowa.

Reactions: hlstone
“My team’s coach is better than your team’s coach because my team’s coach doesn’t recruit as well” is a very strange brag.

The funny part is that Spencer, Marinelli, Warner and Kemerer were all top 10 recruits. Add Eierman who transferred in after being a 3x AA at Missouri. Add Lugo who transferred in after being R12 as a true freshman at Edinboro. Add DeSanto who transferred in after being R12 as a true freshman at Drexel. Cassioppi was #14 on the final class of 2018 Big Board. Young was all the way down at #21 on the 2016 Board. Assad was as high as #13 on the next to last Big Board before something happened - didn’t he quit wrestling or something?

Plus if memory serves weren't at least 5 of the PSU starters redshirt freshman?

Seems to me if you were going to beat PSU that was the year it would happen.

Have an outside shot at winning the dual when everyone hear has said they had no shot, would get or could get shut out etc....
Sci Fi Lol GIF by Hallmark Gold Crown

• Love
Reactions: hlstone
It took a little longer than I thought it would, but this has turned into what I thought it would. Maybe with less name calling though, to ironbird’s credit.

OK, would you like to compare your teams and make my case losing this argument TWOOOO?
It took a little longer than I thought it would, but this has turned into what I thought it would. Maybe with less name calling though, to ironbird’s credit.
This thread will obviously go in the direction you all take it? There is but ONE SIR IRON and a whole lotta you all!!!

I have tried several time to just talk about various TOPICS. some gained a little traction whilst others went no where! It is all good, make you arguments, defend your positions, and I SIR IRON will do the same ONLY BETTER!!!

Care to talk about SPENCER LEE some more? The "insiders" are saying he is about 75-80% right now. Honestly, I believe it is less then that!!! Reason being, they are NOT considering where he would be without injuries. In other words 75% of what they saw during college. It is truly unbelievable to think about!

You should be bring up some of your wrestlers who did well. The HS kid who beat dean for example! I guess that is a good AND bad thing for you? In any case, I am hoping he sees what is going on and decides to head to IOWA!!!

Speaking of TOPICS, I had brought this up. Even with magic Cael's special college colored shirts. There appears to be a log jammy or TWOOO coming up fast? Surely this has been discussed in other, shall we say, "lesser threads?" Who is likely to leave and head to IOWA? Several kids for 1 or 2 weights is not going to work, and I will gladly BET ON THAT!!!!

Wow Ironbird…what a slap in the face of your athletes! Hey…It’s not our fault that Iowa sucks at recruiting!
uh, how in heck is it a slap in my athletes faces to say that they have OVER achieved? Look, ranking are just that, something that is put together, hopefully using some kind of data. While todays technology and availability of information makes rankings better I believe? It will NEVER be 100% accurate.

All that being said, if for some reason you are unaware of the ridiculous discrepancy in your recruiting over EVERY other team. Then you better spend the next several hours hear or better yet on the IOWA board reading!!!

It may be true, that Cael has somehow managed to bring in more TOP talent then the next 3-4 schools COMBINED!!! YES recruiting is part of the game, but there WAS a 9.9 limiting factor that no longer exists apparently?

Now that TnT are in the game with all guns blazing. EVERYONE here is getting very nervous! I am still waiting on some BIG news to drop!!!

uh, how in heck is it a slap in my athletes faces to say that they have OVER achieved? Look, ranking are just that, something that is put together, hopefully using some kind of data. While todays technology and availability of information makes rankings better I believe? It will NEVER be 100% accurate.

All that being said, if for some reason you are unaware of the ridiculous discrepancy in your recruiting over EVERY other team. Then you better spend the next several hours hear or better yet on the IOWA board reading!!!

It may be true, that Cael has somehow managed to bring in more TOP talent then the next 3-4 schools COMBINED!!! YES recruiting is part of the game, but there WAS a 9.9 limiting factor that no longer exists apparently?

Now that TnT are in the game with all guns blazing. EVERYONE here is getting very nervous! I am still waiting on some BIG news to drop!!!
I'm failing to see any major upgrade in recruiting?

You got a stud lightweight in Deluca, no different than getting an Ayala, Gilman, Clark type. You guys draw the interest of lightweights (rightfully so!) I personally like Lilledahl, Knox more but Deluca is no slouch!
You got Gabe Arnold, great recruit, pretty equivalent to Marinelli, Kemerer level guys. Let's see how he does in a postseason before crowning him some 3 timer. I recall Marinelli having reach issues causing him issues at NCAAs and he had way more offense than Gabe.
You got Angelo Ferrari, that's your next crown jewel Spencer Lee type?
Then you got AJ, congrats that's your Eierman, ADS, Woods type transfer (~20 points at NCAAs)
Ben Kueter, currently shared with football. Let me know when he picks wrestling full time. Also, let's see how he does in college 285 folk instead of Iowa HS 220s. Agreed - ceiling is high though, need to be practicing year round though to reach it.

Reactions: BigFella235
OK, would you like to compare your teams and make my case losing this argument TWOOOO?

This thread will obviously go in the direction you all take it? There is but ONE SIR IRON and a whole lotta you all!!!

I have tried several time to just talk about various TOPICS. some gained a little traction whilst others went no where! It is all good, make you arguments, defend your positions, and I SIR IRON will do the same ONLY BETTER!!!

Care to talk about SPENCER LEE some more? The "insiders" are saying he is about 75-80% right now. Honestly, I believe it is less then that!!! Reason being, they are NOT considering where he would be without injuries. In other words 75% of what they saw during college. It is truly unbelievable to think about!

You should be bring up some of your wrestlers who did well. The HS kid who beat dean for example! I guess that is a good AND bad thing for you? In any case, I am hoping he sees what is going on and decides to head to IOWA!!!

Speaking of TOPICS, I had brought this up. Even with magic Cael's special college colored shirts. There appears to be a log jammy or TWOOO coming up fast? Surely this has been discussed in other, shall we say, "lesser threads?" Who is likely to leave and head to IOWA? Several kids for 1 or 2 weights is not going to work, and I will gladly BET ON THAT!!!!
I’ll say this about Spencer. A lot was made of the fact that he chose Iowa over Penn State, but it’s really not surprising. Cael had just recruited a better option in Suriano, so there wasn’t really a spot for Spencer. I get recruiting over people happens sometimes, but they weren’t going to be able to recruit Spencer under Suriano to be a David Evans style “super room guy” for three years. Spencer was one of the top 5 guys at his weight that year, at least before losing to DeSanto. He was always going to get a promise of a full ride and 4 years starting from a lesser school, which is what happened.

We all know what happened with Suriano. The first year he had that unfortunate ankle injury and couldn’t wrestle NCAAs, but since he was in the Penn State room at the time, it’s clear he would have won. Then he got homesick and after a bit too much of mom’s pasta and no real competition for him in the Rutgers room, he had to move up. Wrestling for Rutgers has to be demoralizing, but nonetheless, within 2 years he became the school’s first ever national champion. After he transferred back to a real program, he cut back to 125 to come after Spencer, but Spencer ducked him “to get surgery”, but we all know from your testimony that Spencer doesn’t actually need ACLs, so that was clearly a straight duck. Suriano finished with 3 championships like Spencer if you count the one he was clearly going to win for PSU, but one of them was with Rutgers, so that makes his career accomplishments much more impressive.

Last edited:

You implied that Iowa’s recruits suck. I would hate to wrestle for such an ungrateful fan base.

Oh well…you keep doing you, Ironbird!

Though always entertaining, the erratic, jump-cut flight path of your posts calls to mind a far better online ID, after a 60’s rock group my older brother liked. You are IRONBUTTERFLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT