ADVERTISEMENT

HAVE YOU HEARD???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm failing to see any major upgrade in recruiting?

You got a stud lightweight in Deluca, no different than getting an Ayala, Gilman, Clark type. You guys draw the interest of lightweights (rightfully so!) I personally like Lilledahl, Knox more but Deluca is no slouch!
You got Gabe Arnold, great recruit, pretty equivalent to Marinelli, Kemerer level guys. Let's see how he does in a postseason before crowning him some 3 timer. I recall Marinelli having reach issues causing him issues at NCAAs and he had way more offense than Gabe.
You got Angelo Ferrari, that's your next crown jewel Spencer Lee type?
Then you got AJ, congrats that's your Eierman, ADS, Woods type transfer (~20 points at NCAAs)
Ben Kueter, currently shared with football. Let me know when he picks wrestling full time. Also, let's see how he does in college 285 folk instead of Iowa HS 220s. Agreed - ceiling is high though, need to be practicing year round though to reach it.
OK this is either 2 of the dumbest posts yet or maybe a terrible try at trolling? In any case, we need the REAL fans to get up in here quick!!!! These guys (Counting post bellow) are making you all look like FOOLS!!!!

1) NEVER bring up light weights as a psu fan!!! YES ANOTHER STUD in DELUCA who could be a career 125. A #1 over all which I do not believe TnT ever had in Angelo, add in the #1 Transfer in brother AJ and another TOP 10 transfer in Brother 149!!!

ARNOLD is better then advertised and Big Ben would be ICING BABY!!!! But already this is potentially the best 2 years we ever had and MORE should be coming so WATCH OUT!!!!
I’ll say this about Spencer. A lot was made of the fact that he chose Iowa over Penn State, but it’s really not surprising. Cael had just recruited a better option in Suriano, so there wasn’t really a spot for Spencer. I get recruiting over people happens sometimes, but they weren’t going to be able to recruit Spencer under Suriano to be a David Evans style “super room guy” for three years. Spencer was one of the top 5 guys at his weight that year, at least before losing to DeSanto. He was always going to get a promise of a full ride and 4 years starting from a lesser school, which is what happened.

We all know what happened with Suriano. The first year he had that unfortunate ankle injury and couldn’t wrestle NCAAs, but since he was in the Penn State room at the time, it’s clear he would have won. Then he got homesick and after a bit too much of mom’s pasta and no real competition for him in the Rutgers room, he had to move up. Wrestling for Rutgers has to be demoralizing, but nonetheless, within 2 years he became the school’s first ever national champion. After he transferred back to a real program, he cut back to 125 to come after Spencer, but Spencer ducked him “to get surgery”, but we all know from your testimony that Spencer doesn’t actually need ACLs, so that was clearly a straight duck. Suriano finished with 3 championships like Spencer if you count the one he was clearly going to win for PSU, but one of them was with Rutgers, so that makes his career accomplishments much more impressive.
This is worse then above!!!! AGAIN NEVER bring up 125!!!! Your idol is a HUGE failure here ruining so many kids, I will be amazed if any of the TOP kids are dumb enough to take the $$$$$$!!!

LEE destroyed suriano that is #1, 2nd, cael ran him outa town by pushing to wrestle injured! 3) A 1-2 punch of LEE and Suriano at 133 would have been real good put LEE was way TWOOOO smart!!!

ONCE AGAIN I will be proven correct real soon as LEE wins trails, and Olympics!!!
You implied that Iowa’s recruits suck. I would hate to wrestle for such an ungrateful fan base.

Oh well…you keep doing you, Ironbird!
Dude, you are implying that you are on drugs or something else bad!!!! ANY kid who wrestles in college is high on the mountain. To wrestle D1 elevates you even more and a TOP program like IOWA, means you are amongst the best of the best!!!

Where you do not understand is somewhat remarkable! What I said is TOP recruits, this usually mean from 1-10 and maybe some in the teens. Obviously any others will bust out and develop, but by percentage, it is unbelievable how much the TOP kids wind up winning!
Though always entertaining, the erratic, jump-cut flight path of your posts calls to mind a far better online ID, after a 60’s rock group my older brother liked. You are IRONBUTTERFLY
Once I figure out how to change my name? I will go to SIR IRON, or maybe IRONMAN!!! Iron butterfly had some good ones but they are no LED ZEPPELIN!!!

OK this is either 2 of the dumbest posts yet or maybe a terrible try at trolling? In any case, we need the REAL fans to get up in here quick!!!! These guys (Counting post bellow) are making you all look like FOOLS!!!!

1) NEVER bring up light weights as a psu fan!!! YES ANOTHER STUD in DELUCA who could be a career 125. A #1 over all which I do not believe TnT ever had in Angelo, add in the #1 Transfer in brother AJ and another TOP 10 transfer in Brother 149!!!

ARNOLD is better then advertised and Big Ben would be ICING BABY!!!! But already this is potentially the best 2 years we ever had and MORE should be coming so WATCH OUT!!!!

This is worse then above!!!! AGAIN NEVER bring up 125!!!! Your idol is a HUGE failure here ruining so many kids, I will be amazed if any of the TOP kids are dumb enough to take the $$$$$$!!!

LEE destroyed suriano that is #1, 2nd, cael ran him outa town by pushing to wrestle injured! 3) A 1-2 punch of LEE and Suriano at 133 would have been real good put LEE was way TWOOOO smart!!!

ONCE AGAIN I will be proven correct real soon as LEE wins trails, and Olympics!!!

Dude, you are implying that you are on drugs or something else bad!!!! ANY kid who wrestles in college is high on the mountain. To wrestle D1 elevates you even more and a TOP program like IOWA, means you are amongst the best of the best!!!

Where you do not understand is somewhat remarkable! What I said is TOP recruits, this usually mean from 1-10 and maybe some in the teens. Obviously any others will bust out and develop, but by percentage, it is unbelievable how much the TOP kids wind up winning!

Once I figure out how to change my name? I will go to SIR IRON, or maybe IRONMAN!!! Iron butterfly had some good ones but they are no LED ZEPPELIN!!!
Lee only beat Suriano when he was at Rutgers (and only 5-1, not exactly a “crushing”). Imagine how demoralizing it must be to wrestle at Rutgers. That alone more than makes up the difference. If Suriano had stayed in the best room in the world, he would have won that one pretty easily. Lee ducked Suriano again at the US Open last April.

Except Cael has as many 133 championships coached as Brands at 133 in his career just in the 2020s!

Our 125 woes is a result of injuries, not lack of ability to coach. Last time we had a Top 125 that stayed healthy at PSU, he went 2, 2, 3, 1. Using your same logic, why would a kid like Angelo be interested in Iowa because you haven't coached a 184 AA since 2017 either!

To say Angelo is a better prospect than Spencer is hilarious. To chalk Gabe is "better than advertised" than Kemerer/Marinelli is based on opinions rather than facts.

You gotta do better than this BIRD. Your effort is appreciated though.

Lee only beat Suriano when he was at Rutgers (and only 5-1, not exactly a “crushing”). Imagine how demoralizing it must be to wrestle at Rutgers. That alone more than makes up the difference. If Suriano had stayed in the best room in the world, he would have won that one pretty easily. Lee ducked Suriano again at the US Open last April.
Suriano was also the injured one, he missed all of February basically and only wrestled 1 match at NCAAs. Forgot the exact injury.

I really hope you're doing a "thing" here.

Because this (and your previous post on the thread) is ironbird level reasoning, just a bit more articulate.

• Haha
Reactions: IRONBIRD
I want to know how/why the Young Guns pipeline dried up after Kem, Lee, Murin, and Young. Apologies if I forgot others.

So, again, you seem incredibly confident that Iowa is about to take over for years and years to come. So, why on earth wouldn't you take the following bet? Sure, you might not win this year, but, with the domination that is coming, you will be sitting around counting your money for years and years.

$50 for the next 5 years (Or 10 years, or however long you want it to be)

- Every time PSU and Iowa wrestle in a dual meet, the loser pays the other $50
- Every national championship, whoever's team finishes lower in the team standings pays the other $50

No need for odds or points, as this is over several years. If you are as confident as you say, this is your chance to take advantage of me.

However, I believe you will prove again that your talk is just talk. When it comes time to take action, you will just continue to spout nonsense.

Suriano was also the injured one, he missed all of February basically and only wrestled 1 match at NCAAs. Forgot the exact injury.
Yeah, exactly. He MFF’d out of the Big 10s then tried to pull a Nolf to win NCAAs. He almost did it, but you can’t pull a Nolf unless you stay in the PSU room, so close but no cigar. He definitely would have won even if injured for Cael, so really, Suriano won 4 titles and Spencer only 2.

• Haha
Reactions: IRONBIRD
Yeah, exactly. He MFF’d out of the Big 10s then tried to pull a Nolf to win NCAAs. He almost did it, but you can’t pull a Nolf unless you stay in the PSU room, so close but no cigar. He definitely would have won even if injured for Cael.

Wait, Nolf won a national championship while wrestling on one leg? I thought only Spencer Lee was capable of such things. There is no way that Nolf dominated other guys, the level of say, Micah Jordan while wrestling in this condition though, right?

Reactions: NittanyLion84
Wait, Nolf won a national championship while wrestling on one leg? I thought only Spencer Lee was capable of such things. There is no way that Nolf dominated other guys, the level of say, Micah Jordan while wrestling in this condition though, right?
....and Nolf was never pinned.

Reactions: NittanyLion84
Rutgers could do better but I would say it is FAR from demoralizing to wrestle there! I guess maybe you are worried about them or something?
Except Cael has as many 133 championships coached as Brands at 133 in his career just in the 2020s!

Our 125 woes is a result of injuries, not lack of ability to coach. Last time we had a Top 125 that stayed healthy at PSU, he went 2, 2, 3, 1. Using your same logic, why would a kid like Angelo be interested in Iowa because you haven't coached a 184 AA since 2017 either!

To say Angelo is a better prospect than Spencer is hilarious. To chalk Gabe is "better than advertised" than Kemerer/Marinelli is based on opinions rather than facts.

You gotta do better than this BIRD. Your effort is appreciated though.
Uh NO! You have one kid at 133 who was allowed, for some reason, to stall basically entire matches!

125, you have brought in, I will guess, 10-12 high level recruits and ruined them ALL!!!!

Who said Angelo is better? I will bet on that!!!! I said ranked higher which he is! Will he be better? Guess we wait and see!?!?!?
So, again, you seem incredibly confident that Iowa is about to take over for years and years to come. So, why on earth wouldn't you take the following bet? Sure, you might not win this year, but, with the domination that is coming, you will be sitting around counting your money for years and years.

$50 for the next 5 years (Or 10 years, or however long you want it to be)

- Every time PSU and Iowa wrestle in a dual meet, the loser pays the other $50
- Every national championship, whoever's team finishes lower in the team standings pays the other $50

No need for odds or points, as this is over several years. If you are as confident as you say, this is your chance to take advantage of me.

However, I believe you will prove again that your talk is just talk. When it comes time to take action, you will just continue to spout nonsense.
Yes I am confident, but you are running scared! I'll take the 20 points on this years dual for $50!!!
NOT even close to wrestling under the same circumstances and I HOPE you know and understand this!!!! Once more, did he win seniors???? Hmmm, did ANY of your wrestlers win seniors????Hmmmm, Were you the guy who also wanted to bet which club will have more champions internationally and chickened out on that TWOOOOO?
....and Nolf was never pinned.
.....and never wrestled under the same conditions ......AND you can ASK HIM ......AND HE will tell you!!!!!
Multiple times. Haven't seen a stud canvas back like Spencer since Imar.
ONLY got beat when at less then, I will guess here, 50% maybe 60% tops!!! Anywhere above that and he wins, at 80% and above, He DOMINATES!!!! At 100% the match against ANYONE is over in less then 1 minute!!!!

THAT is GREATNESS!!! THAT is UNMATCHED!!!!

Rutgers could do better but I would say it is FAR from demoralizing to wrestle there! I guess maybe you are worried about them or something?

Uh NO! You have one kid at 133 who was allowed, for some reason, to stall basically entire matches!

125, you have brought in, I will guess, 10-12 high level recruits and ruined them ALL!!!!

Who said Angelo is better? I will bet on that!!!! I said ranked higher which he is! Will he be better? Guess we wait and see!?!?!?

Yes I am confident, but you are running scared! I'll take the 20 points on this years dual for $50!!!

NOT even close to wrestling under the same circumstances and I HOPE you know and understand this!!!! Once more, did he win seniors???? Hmmm, did ANY of your wrestlers win seniors????Hmmmm, Were you the guy who also wanted to bet which club will have more champions internationally and chickened out on that TWOOOOO?

.....and never wrestled under the same conditions ......AND you can ASK HIM ......AND HE will tell you!!!!!

ONLY got beat when at less then, I will guess here, 50% maybe 60% tops!!! Anywhere above that and he wins, at 80% and above, He DOMINATES!!!! At 100% the match against ANYONE is over in less then 1 minute!!!!

THAT is GREATNESS!!! THAT is UNMATCHED!!!!
Excuses are for wusses. Spencer does not approve of this post.

Reactions: PSUer1989

Think about what you just said:

YOU cowardly ignored the part where I offered to bet you $50 on every single dual meet and national championship in the next 5, 10 or any timeframe that YOU want to name. Like I expected, you are just all talk.

YOU then came back and said you would bet ME $50 on this year's dual IF I give you 20 points. I guess that IOWA TRAIN isn't coming as fast as you are claiming!

.......and I'm the one running scared and you are the confident one!

LOL

YOU cowardly ignored the part where I offered to bet you $50 on every single dual meet and national championship in the next 5, 10 or any timeframe that YOU want to name. Like I expected, you are just all talk.

YOU then came back and said you would bet ME $50 on this year's dual IF I give you 20 points. I guess that IOWA TRAIN isn't coming as fast as you are claiming!

LOL
The truth comes out when the money is on the line. IRONY is only confident that Iowa can stay within 20 points in the dual. LOL.

Wrestlestat’s prediction is 20-12, 8 points instead of 20, so IRONY think his own team really sucks compared to the mathematical projection.

The truth comes out when the money is on the line. IRONY is only confident that Iowa can stay within 20 points in the dual. LOL.

Wrestlestat’s prediction is 20-12, 8 points instead of 20, so IRONY think his own team really sucks compared to the mathematical projection.

We beat Lehigh by 20, so, he is confident that his team can do as good as Lehigh, no better.

Reactions: Random4598375
recruiting is part of the game, but there WAS a 9.9 limiting factor that no longer exists apparently?
You have it backwards. It does apply now, but didn’t apply at Iowa from 1978-1991.

On a different and unrelated topic, when did Iowa wrestling establish itself as the top program of the pre-Cael era?

NEVER bring up light weights as a psu fan!!!
Assuming light weights go through the first three of the ten weight classes:

PSU
Roman Bravo Young
Nick Lee
Nico Megaludis

That’s five NCAA championships since 2016.

Iowa:
Spencer Lee.
Cory Clark

That’s four NCAA championships since 2016.

You can add Ramos if you want, but you’re then tied with us over the past 10 NCAA tournaments.

And it’s 4-1 PSU since Covid.

But yeah - sure - you’re the best. Just not since anyone currently being recruited started wrestling.

We beat Lehigh by 20, so, he is confident that his team can do as good as Lehigh, no better.
That sounds about right. Iowa would be favored in 6 weights (125, 141, 148, 157, 165, and 174), but none of them are likely to have bonus points. Lehigh is only favored in 4, but 133, 197, and Hwt are a stone cold lock to be bonus points (unless Fredo and the rapist are actually admitted). If they’re pins, Lehigh wins. If they’re techs, it goes to criteria, and if they’re only majors, Iowa holds on.

Excuses are for wusses. Spencer does not approve of this post.
SL told me himself that I am the GOAT on these boards!!!

LOL
YOU need to think about WHAT I SAID!!!! I can bet with odds, WHY in ALL HELL would I bet without them??? You think your team is great, then lay the points and stop being a wussy!!!

You all gave the number and I took the LOW end! How can wrestle stat's predict anything when we don't even know who is wrestling? You all are COWARDS!!!
I am very confident we will do better! You seem to believe or know your team is not to good!
You have it backwards. It does apply now, but didn’t apply at Iowa from 1978-1991.

On a different and unrelated topic, when did Iowa wrestling establish itself as the top program of the pre-Cael era?
Never applied at your skool under this coach with Fat$$$Mans slush fund. Go ask him!!!!
Assuming light weights go through the first three of the ten weight classes:

PSU
Roman Bravo Young
Nick Lee
Nico Megaludis

That’s five NCAA championships since 2016.

Iowa:
Spencer Lee.
Cory Clark

That’s four NCAA championships since 2016.

You can add Ramos if you want, but you’re then tied with us over the past 10 NCAA tournaments.

And it’s 4-1 PSU since Covid.

But yeah - sure - you’re the best. Just not since anyone currently being recruited started wrestling.
Light weights 125, 133, and try going back a little more!
That sounds about right. Iowa would be favored in 6 weights (125, 141, 148, 157, 165, and 174), but none of them are likely to have bonus points. Lehigh is only favored in 4, but 133, 197, and Hwt are a stone cold lock to be bonus points (unless Fredo and the rapist are actually admitted). If they’re pins, Lehigh wins. If they’re techs, it goes to criteria, and if they’re only majors, Iowa holds on.
NOT what he was saying but we most likely beat them worse then you did!!!

To be fair, it was the NLWC's JV team at Sr. Nationals, and they pretty much outperformed their seeds at every weight.

Most of our "A" team is already sitting in the finals at OTT.

Reactions: mcpat
To be fair, it was the NLWC's JV team at Sr. Nationals, and they pretty much outperformed their seeds at every weight.

Most of our "A" team is already sitting in the finals at OTT.
I wouldn't "insult" your wrestlers by saying they are JV and suck!!! This is according to your people. You had many NOT show up. It is very stupid how they do this these days I will admit. To give some, "free" passes based on past performance makes little sense.

Have tournaments to get to next round like every other level! We really need to get smarter people making decisions! If you all want to start a petition electing me? I will gladly take over and fix a lot of crap!!!

NOT CALLED FOR!!!! REMOVE THIS POST!!!!

Remove THIS post? You should ask for the entire story there, pal. Even you wouldn't go that low!

Here are the cliff notes:

- WildTurk got in an argument with JS, knowing that his son committed suicide years earlier.
- WildTurk used that knowledge to attack JS about what his son did.

Again, you are just playing the part of the silly Iowa homer on the boards. What Turk did is the lowest of the low. If that wasn't a reason to be banned, what is?

So now you’re saying that Iowa gets TOP Recruits. Earlier you said otherwise. Make up your mind.

I guess TnT can’t cross them over the finish line very often. It sux when you are a TOP recruit and can’t realize your full potential.

Listen, I clearly offered you as many years as you want of $50 per dual meet and $50 per NCAA Tournament.

Clearly, you do not REALLY think that Iowa is close to PSU, or you would have jumped all over it. I get it, you are playing your part, but, when money was offered, you showed how much confidence you actually have. It's easy to spew meaningless words. Actions take true confidence. You don't have it.

As for 20 points, I'd be embarrassed to ever ask for that much. I'm embarrassed for you that you talk as much smack as you do and asked for 20 points to make a small $50 bet.

How about this, lets wait until a week before the dual and we can re-visit? We can do individual matches and/or the dual meet. We will have a better idea of what we are dealing with at that point. My guess is you will spout on and on about AJ beating AB and Arnold beating CStar, etc, etc. Then you will ask for 5 points in those matches. It's who you are, it's transparent.

Reactions: PAHURDLER
I wouldn't "insult" your wrestlers by saying they are JV and suck!!! This is according to your people. You had many NOT show up. It is very stupid how they do this these days I will admit. To give some, "free" passes based on past performance makes little sense.

Have tournaments to get to next round like every other level! We really need to get smarter people making decisions! If you all want to start a petition electing me? I will gladly take over and fix a lot of crap!!!
On the contrary, the guys we sent are the next wave, the heirs apparent. NLWC has a real chance of having all 6 reps at the Olympics practicing in our room. On top of that, we will likely have several others make the team.

Also, to be the man, you gotta beat the man. If you're a World Medalist, you've earned the right to some favorable conditions to make the team again.

Cover Ears Please Stop GIF by Travis

Remove THIS post? You should ask for the entire story there, pal. Even you wouldn't go that low!

Here are the cliff notes:

- WildTurk got in an argument with JS, knowing that his son committed suicide years earlier.
- WildTurk used that knowledge to attack JS about what his son did.

Again, you are just playing the part of the silly Iowa homer on the boards. What Turk did is the lowest of the low. If that wasn't a reason to be banned, what is?
Certainly I have not heard or read the whole BS that took place. Apparently there was plenty of name calling on both sides. WHY would you bring it back up though!?!??! There is NO need for it!!!
So now you’re saying that Iowa gets TOP Recruits. Earlier you said otherwise. Make up your mind.

I guess TnT can’t cross them over the finish line very often. It sux when you are a TOP recruit and can’t realize your full potential.
WHAT???? It is VERY clear IF you want to face reality???? TnT coached IOWA to CHAMPIONSHIPS with far less "fire power!" This is the FACTS. They are now able to "play cael's game" because of NIL!

EVERYONE being honest sees what is about to happen!!!
Listen, I clearly offered you as many years as you want of $50 per dual meet and $50 per NCAA Tournament.

Clearly, you do not REALLY think that Iowa is close to PSU, or you would have jumped all over it. I get it, you are playing your part, but, when money was offered, you showed how much confidence you actually have. It's easy to spew meaningless words. Actions take true confidence. You don't have it.

As for 20 points, I'd be embarrassed to ever ask for that much. I'm embarrassed for you that you talk as much smack as you do and asked for 20 points to make a small $50 bet.

How about this, lets wait until a week before the dual and we can re-visit? We can do individual matches and/or the dual meet. We will have a better idea of what we are dealing with at that point. My guess is you will spout on and on about AJ beating AB and Arnold beating CStar, etc, etc. Then you will ask for 5 points in those matches. It's who you are, it's transparent.
Give me the 20 line this year, and we can go even money next year on the duals! As you said, we can wait till a week before to make other bets. Remember, it was you all talking about the greatest team! One to "set records" even. Now you are just hoping to win the dual is basically what you are saying!
On the contrary, the guys we sent are the next wave, the heirs apparent. NLWC has a real chance of having all 6 reps at the Olympics practicing in our room. On top of that, we will likely have several others make the team.

Also, to be the man, you gotta beat the man. If you're a World Medalist, you've earned the right to some favorable conditions to make the team again.
Next wave??? Where is "the current wave?" Hiding and hoping I guess?!?!?

Best line maybe of the day.

"To be the man, you gotta beat the man" UH hold on, that is not what I meant to say. er uh, unless you can just sit it out!!!

Last year, previous titles, etc.... mean crap. Also most of "your" team is from other schools!!! Also, every one you have brought in, appears to be dropping off!!!

OH, and if you are hoping for Gilman to make it???? MR. LEE is going to TORCH him!!!!

Give me the 20 line this year, and we can go even money next year on the duals! As you said, we can wait till a week before to make other bets. Remember, it was you all talking about the greatest team! One to "set records" even. Now you are just hoping to win the dual is basically what you are saying!
I never said anything about setting records or having the greatest team, but, almost none of your comments are based on any factual things. I'm not giving you 20 points. You should be embarrassed to even ask for that many points. It shows how you truly feel about Iowa's chances, regardless of the other garbage you spout. When it comes time to act, you ask for 20 points.

If you want, you can just skip this year (you obviously want no part of that), and agree that starting next year, whoever loses the dual owes the other $50 and whoever finishes lower at nationals owes the other $50 for AS MANY YEARS AS YOU WANT TO.

Now, on to your next excuse.........

As for calling out Turk, it was absolutely disgusting and everyone should be reminded of it. I've seen ugliness on message boards, but, that is WAY lower than anyone should ever go. I'll call him out on it anytime I see fit.

OH, and if you are hoping for Gilman to make it???? MR. LEE is going to TORCH him!!!!

I have a ton of respect for Spencer. If he wins and is our representative, I'll be cheering for him like crazy! If he loses though, we all know EXACTLY what you will be saying!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT