ADVERTISEMENT

HAVE YOU HEARD???

Status
Not open for further replies.
MORE GOOD NEWS-er uh, well maybe not for you all!!!!

Appears AJ is a GO!!! It's about to get real!!!!

Lonely Season 3 GIF by The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

YES even in the last 10+ years also. There is a reason that everyone, even today, looks to IOWA WRESTLING! You all are the perfect example!!! You have been winning and you STILL can not get away from IOWA as the BIG DAWGS of the sport!!!

It is like you all just know and understand that the HAWKS are a sleeping GAINT waiting to explode and you have nightmares about it or something!?!?!?
LOL hawks or Lions,I am taking my Lions all day long!Champs don't need to even talk about loser's!

Since joining BWI, IRONBIRD is at 139 posts compared to 75 on HR.

PSU ahead by 64 points.
BEFORE joining, I believe the number of times my name was mentioned was 25,000!!! I created my own thread that quickly went to #1, I have to respond to my ever growing fan base!!!
That is very close to the two teams’ typical points total at NCAAs, is it not?
NOT, and any indication that you was heading toward big win has now been BLOWN UP!!! The dual meet which many of you felt would not be close, is now very much in play!!!

IF GABLE signs on with IOWA, your heads that I already predicted would be exploding with AJ. Are now causing your little roofs to blow off your houses!!!

BEFORE joining, I believe the number of times my name was mentioned was 25,000!!! I created my own thread that quickly went to #1, I have to respond to my ever growing fan base!!!

NOT, and any indication that you was heading toward big win has now been BLOWN UP!!! The dual meet which many of you felt would not be close, is now very much in play!!!

IF GABLE signs on with IOWA, your heads that I already predicted would be exploding with AJ. Are now causing your little roofs to blow off your houses!!!

PSU is going to pistol whip Iowa from 157 through 285.

MORE GOOD NEWS-er uh, well maybe not for you all!!!!

Appears AJ is a GO!!! It's about to get real!!!!
I think it’s great news for us. I love AJ going to Iowa. He may help you close the points gap minimally. He win another natty along the way. But there is no way he or Anthony is going to help close the cultural gap Iowa has going on with PSU. And it’s a good bet he will take the cultural gap the wrong way for Iowa. Embracing the bad guy look is ok, as long as the reality of the team and the organization is actually healthy. Ferraris leave dysfunction in their wake.

PSU is going to pistol whip Iowa from 157 through 285.
157 is #1 vs #2, 165 IOWA is favored, It is still unclear who will man 174 and 184, but Brands, who could be back if he wins his appeal with the POS NCAA? Went with your "star" to the tune of like 2-1!!! We all know you do not want to see ARNOLD at 174 or 184!!!

That brings us to 197 and the ONLY guy who already WON one at the weight! You have another outstanding wrestler here but he is undersized for the weight! Certainly NONE of those weights will be a "pistol whip!"

We are also hoping BIG CASS will win his appeal, which would also make Heavy somewhat competitive .
I think it’s great news for us. I love AJ going to Iowa. He may help you close the points gap minimally. He win another natty along the way. But there is no way he or Anthony is going to help close the cultural gap Iowa has going on with PSU. And it’s a good bet he will take the cultural gap the wrong way for Iowa. Embracing the bad guy look is ok, as long as the reality of the team and the organization is actually healthy. Ferraris leave dysfunction in their wake.
NOT sure if you are being sincere here, or this is just a troll job? Certainly AJ has had more then his fair share of problems, but he is in a NEW BETTER place! He has been given a chance to SHOCK the world which is what I believe he partially lives for. What better way then to take down a great champion alone the way!

Also the #1 Brother and a 149 HAMMER round out the deal. ALL 3 will have big impact on the team and on who wins the next several championships!!!!

NOT sure if you are being sincere here, or this is just a troll job? Certainly AJ has had more then his fair share of problems, but he is in a NEW BETTER place! He has been given a chance to SHOCK the world which is what I believe he partially lives for. What better way then to take down a great champion alone the way!

Also the #1 Brother and a 149 HAMMER round out the deal. ALL 3 will have big impact on the team and on who wins the next several championships!!!!
Totally sincere, not great cultural people. It won’t make the Iowa program better overall. You can only hope they won’t take TNT down and get you an extra 20-25 points over the next few years. Sincere good luck.

Last edited:
Totally sincere, not great cultural people. It won’t make the Iowa program better overall. you can only they won’t take TNT down and get you an extra 20-25 points over the next few years. Sincere good luck.
Fair enough, there have been teams that embrace the US vs the world and BAD Boy image. I guess the old Madden Oakland Raiders would be the best known. I stated from the very beginning that if the kid was cleared of charges and strict rules were put in place that he has to adhere to. Then by all means bring him in and give him a shot.

It has been posted that the Ferraris have been nothing but great so far and are extremely hard workers and team leaders. So like anything else, there is going to be risks, but nothing ventured nothing gained! IOWA and Brands have done pretty well bringing in kids who "needed more guidance" DeSantos comes to mind.

Think many were against bringing him in also and it turned out very good not only for the team but more importantly, for the kid!!! So I would be happy to let EVERY kid know, that if they are facing some challenges, but are willing to work to better themselves.

While others will not give you a chance, IOWA will and you will be given every reason to succeed but in the end it does fall on you!

Here is to hoping this plays out greatly and AJ wins FOUR!!!!

157 is #1 vs #2, 165 IOWA is favored, It is still unclear who will man 174 and 184, but Brands, who could be back if he wins his appeal with the POS NCAA? Went with your "star" to the tune of like 2-1!!! We all know you do not want to see ARNOLD at 174 or 184!!!

That brings us to 197 and the ONLY guy who already WON one at the weight! You have another outstanding wrestler here but he is undersized for the weight! Certainly NONE of those weights will be a "pistol whip!"

We are also hoping BIG CASS will win his appeal, which would also make Heavy somewhat competitive .

$50 on the dual? Yes, you can win if they tie. You seem extremely confident and it's at Carver. This should be an easy one for you.

The dual is suddenly very much in play because Brooks is going to get 4 points instead of 5? Ok then.

The dual is suddenly very much in play because Brooks is going to get 4 points instead of 5? Ok then.

Brooks has a good amount of experience wrestling people who don’t want to wrestle (e.g. Hidlay). So he should be ready for the similarly stall-happy AJ.

I see the Iowa dual going the way of the 2019 OSU dual. They started at 133 with Pletcher, McKenna, and Jordan and needed to be up at least 11-0 to have any chance with the 5 PSU hammers in the back end, and RBY beat Pletcher, Lee beat McKenna, and Verk held Jordan to a 2 point decision, so they were down 6-3 instead of up 11-0 and disaster was inevitable for them.

Similarly, look for Davis to upset Ayala and Beau over Woods, and then Iowa is looking at a looming bloodbath in the upper weights with a deficit already.

Reactions: mcpat
Fair enough, there have been teams that embrace the US vs the world and BAD Boy image. I guess the old Madden Oakland Raiders would be the best known. I stated from the very beginning that if the kid was cleared of charges and strict rules were put in place that he has to adhere to. Then by all means bring him in and give him a shot.

It has been posted that the Ferraris have been nothing but great so far and are extremely hard workers and team leaders. So like anything else, there is going to be risks, but nothing ventured nothing gained! IOWA and Brands have done pretty well bringing in kids who "needed more guidance" DeSantos comes to mind.

Think many were against bringing him in also and it turned out very good not only for the team but more importantly, for the kid!!! So I would be happy to let EVERY kid know, that if they are facing some challenges, but are willing to work to better themselves.

While others will not give you a chance, IOWA will and you will be given every reason to succeed but in the end it does fall on you!

Sounds like you guys are recruiting over Spencer. Who's really running the program?

Strict rules? Like what?

No bunghole selfie posts before 10:00PM?
No rubbing your junk on coeds (unless they are fully coherent)?
No firearms fired from moving vehicles?

This should be a fun couple of years!

Strict rules? Like what?

No driving 115mph the wrong way on the road.

$50 on the dual? Yes, you can win if they tie. You seem extremely confident and it's at Carver. This should be an easy one for you.
How many points you giving?
LOL
Brooks has a good amount of experience wrestling people who don’t want to wrestle (e.g. Hidlay). So he should be ready for the similarly stall-happy AJ.
LMAO
I see the Iowa dual going the way of the 2019 OSU dual. They started at 133 with Pletcher, McKenna, and Jordan and needed to be up at least 11-0 to have any chance with the 5 PSU hammers in the back end, and RBY beat Pletcher, Lee beat McKenna, and Verk held Jordan to a 2 point decision, so they were down 6-3 instead of up 11-0 and disaster was inevitable for them.

Similarly, look for Davis to upset Ayala and Beau over Woods, and then Iowa is looking at a looming bloodbath in the upper weights with a deficit already.
OK, please talk to Mviteo dude about the spread for me TY

Sounds like you guys are recruiting over Spencer. Who's really running the program?
Not sure what this means?
Strict rules? Like what?

A little funny maybe!?!??!

Reality is this @IRONBIRD

The true standing of Spencer Lee is somewhere in the middle of where PSU and Iowa fans have him. It's ludicrous to put him in the conversation for GOAT, it just is and you know what? I bet he would tell you that. (since you want to play the "ask them, he'll tell you game) He lost his last year, period. He lost to a guy that would have been an unknown if not for beating him. Not unlike Dan Gable. Owings would be a 2 time finalist after that. injuries limited his ultimate accolades but guess what? That is part of the sport, durability, that's why people have Cael up so high.

But on the flip side, just tanking Spencer as "just another national champion wrestler" (like some PSU fans do) isn't right either, he truly was a generational talent out of HS, we saw it many times over and over. He came in and dominated in a way nobody ever has before and maintained it for the most part. It was enjoyable to watch even as a Penn State fan.
I would say Nolf and Zain dominated like no one has seen also while also winning their last match. Give me their careers over Spencers any day.

Reactions: hlstone
I am not sure what I missed? I have seen posts about BIG T calling recruits so I assume he called this kid and then he went to PSU. Is this the joke? Not to put the kid down or anything, certainly is a high quality wrestler no doubt. Just not sure it is earth shattering ?

Guy, I am starting to believe you have a low IQ or are on concussion protocol or something? I am sorry for this but you honestly do not read or comprehend very well!

What didn't happen? Spencer Lee didn't get hurt? Man I would love to go back in another universe and have that be true!!!

Making NO excuses because those "ARE FOR WUSSIES!!!!" I am talking about what he did, how he did it, and with the "cards he was dealt!!!!"

The what ifs, can be debated for 100 years to come, but the FACT is. SL is STILL one of the best to ever do it while wrestling injured his entire college career PERIOD!!!

Once he WINS an Olympic GOLD( he will win several if his body holds up) then my points will be CEMENTED in history! We will once again look back(as is the case 99.9% of the time) and say SIR IRON was correct again!!!
If Spencer wins 2 Olympic Gold medals and I am pretty sure that if he was our country’s representative that almost everyone on this board would be routing for him. With the golds, you could say he is one of the best free style wrestlers ever from this country. But that would not change the fact that he is probably not even a top ten all time college wrestler.

Reactions: PAHURDLER
Is Ironbird really unironically using the “cards he was dealt” argument?

He should speak with Bo Jordan.

I would say Nolf and Zain dominated like no one has seen also while also winning their last match. Give me their careers over Spencers any day.
You would say this? Kinda dumb honestly!
If Spencer wins 2 Olympic Gold medals and I am pretty sure that if he was our country’s representative that almost everyone on this board would be routing for him. With the golds, you could say he is one of the best free style wrestlers ever from this country. But that would not change the fact that he is probably not even a top ten all time college wrestler.
I believe you are arguing with yourself? Although I have explained it several times, guess one more will not hurt?

I never said spencer was the GOAT. What I said is he is the best I have personally seen. Meaning, at or near 100% of his ability, he was a wrecking machine like NO ONE ELSE!!! Injuries obviously slowed him down!
Is Ironbird really unironically using the “cards he was dealt” argument?

He should speak with Bo Jordan.
How are you guys back on this? SL is now kicking ass at seniors so lets move to FS!!!

Just because "we are most likely watching the GOAT" is followed by "!!!" in the second to last sentence of the concluding paragraph DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING!!!
Well that post was in February, maybe he broke his glasses in anger after Spencer was pinned and he can't see him as the goat anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT