ADVERTISEMENT

HAVE YOU HEARD???

Status
Not open for further replies.
THIS IS A QUESTION FOR THE AGES!?!?!?!? I have talked about this before, guess i will give the run down again.

I DID NOT CHOOSE THE NAME!!! I have NO idea how it happened??? I found the IOWA board many years ago and went there mostly looking for inside info, updates etc.... So I was a long time reader who never posted.

I believe it was a MATCH GRADES thread that made me want to comment? In any case, I went to create an account, and it said an account already exists. I am like WTF!?!?!? So i go to log in, there is a saved password which I have no idea what it is????

So I log in, and I want to change stuff but I can not because I do not know the password? Someone once confirmed that I was a "member" for like 10 years before I ever posted?!?!?! It is very strange, but at this point it may be the most famous name on here so......

Pretty funny and good till last sentence. Maybe go for the George Castanza approach. Try a line, if it hits, walk out being ahead!!!

You are arguing with yourself!!! Maybe you don't like being associated with FAKE NEWS because you are part of it and you know what BS it is????

I will have to report you and have you thrown off of here if you can not be respectful of the board rules!!!

I though I was wrong one time but I was mistaken!!!! That being said, AS ALWAYS, I will debate ANYTHING and EVERYTHING I have ever wrote with ANYONE!!!!

You WILL NOT accept the challenge because you will lose miserably!!!
Lol. Whatever suse you do you. I'm not going to try and change you or your mind it suits you. What would the world be like without a know it all or two right. You and your alter ego have a great day now lmfao. And just an aside there is no challenge. When you grow up and mature a little bit we can have a grown up talk. You don't understand half of what people are saying, when you do we can talk. Now runaway and play with your toys

Reactions: Ski
This thread is priceless.

My guess

IRON : comes from lifting weights
BIRD : hawk seems reasonable but I’ll go with eagle , more to do with freedom and politics .

Reactions: IRONBIRD
Lol. Whatever suse you do you. I'm not going to try and change you or your mind it suits you. What would the world be like without a know it all or two right. You and your alter ego have a great day now lmfao. And just an aside there is no challenge. When you grow up and mature a little bit we can have a grown up talk. You don't understand half of what people are saying, when you do we can talk. Now runaway and play with your toys
I WIN!!!

I OWN this guy, anyone else??? I knew he would not take the challenge, but to be fair, it was like a FERRARI vs a YUGO!!!

Reactions: MAGAman
This thread is priceless.

My guess

IRON : comes from lifting weights
BIRD : hawk seems reasonable but I’ll go with eagle , more to do with freedom and politics .
I like this, IRON EAGLE is cool and there was even a cool movie with that title TWOOOO!!!

Lol reeeeeeeeaaaaaaad the response
Like I said, I OWN YOU!!! You will respond when I tell you to and ONLY when I tell you to!!! You got it!!??!!?! Now let me know?
Buddy - Iowa was over the scholarship limit back then. They were sanctioned for it. And before you scream and cry for proof, google it yourself.
A) what did I say? B) did I say anything about this? C) You posted it and you want me to check it!?!?!? LMAO go hang out with you buddy D4.

Started in 1979. Continued until 1991.

You will note (if you bother to actually read the document) that Iowa wrestling was the biggest offender: 7.39 scholarships over the limit for the four years investigated. (WOW!)

@IRONBIRD
Again you can try and spin things to, I guess defend what you know is going on here? Is that what you are saying?

Well IOWA did it so it is OK if we do it, is that what you are getting at? Totally different set of circumstances, totally different time, etc.... But my point still remains and that is. There has NEVER been a level of discrepancy like we are seeing now and you can not deny it!!!

You can try to defend they reason if you like????
Bird seems to enjoy this board more than HR at this point. It happens though, we're more enjoyable people.
Ever see the movie MY COUSIN VINNY? Well there is a line, "I am enjoying myself so far!"

We have some GOOD, the BAD and the UGLY but I am trying to move it forward with the NEW RECRUITING TOPIC.

In any case, I usually post about important things over on the HAWK board, do match grades, and kick ass on BoZack trolls!!! I feel that is my roll over there.

Good attempt at a TWIST! You should be in the FAKE NEWS business!!!

Let us TRY ONE MORE TIME!!!! Mr. Lee is here in this conversation as one of the best. We can not argue this point because, well, here it is in black and white!!!! No where am I arguing that he is the GOAT!!! You are having this argument with your fellow trolls i guess?!?!??

What I have said, is Spencer Lee rose to the ranks of ONE of the college all time greats, under tremendously adverse conditions. This is ANOTHER point I do not believe can be argued??? You can point to the statistics and say, such and such had a better career.

Yet ANOTHER point that really can not be argued!

😂. Fine. He is “one of the GOATS” as long as you include 20+ at least in the discussion. You win. He is certainly “one of the GOATS” if your number is big enough.

One the other hand…

Results don’t lie. Not a 4 time finalist. Nowhere near undefeated. Bonus rate was great but not Top 10. Forced to fight off his back 5-10 times. Was susceptible to throws that others in the conversation never were.

And in that while he was very good he was not elite on his feet (see last point above), had stamina issues (which might have been because of injury, or might have been because he was arrogant and thought he didn’t need to wrestle in the 3rd, we will never know), had attitude problems (see his nonsense w Ayala, and taking his ball and going home in March ‘23), and it is extremely arguable that he is in the conversation of Top 10.

Hurt or not, he made his choices to wrestle or recover. And his results put him behind 10+ guys who were 4 timers or 3 timers plus better than 6th, and sure as hell not obviously better than some 2 timers (ie Taylor).

He can be in your Top 10 or 20 or whatever your definition of “one of the GOATs” is… but it is obviously very arguable because the stats don’t lie.

1-1-1-6….

So I log in, and I want to change stuff but I can not because I do not know the password? Someone once confirmed that I was a "member" for like 10 years before I ever posted?!?!?! It is very strange, but at this point it may be the most famous name on here so......

Are you truly this stupid?!?!?!!

😂. Fine. He is “one of the GOATS” as long as you include 20+ at least in the discussion. You win. He is certainly “one of the GOATS” if your number is big enough.

One the other hand…

Results don’t lie. Not a 4 time finalist. Nowhere near undefeated. Bonus rate was great but not Top 10. Forced to fight off his back 5-10 times. Was susceptible to throws that others in the conversation never were.

And in that while he was very good he was not elite on his feet (see last point above), had stamina issues (which might have been because of injury, or might have been because he was arrogant and thought he didn’t need to wrestle in the 3rd, we will never know), had attitude problems (see his nonsense w Ayala, and taking his ball and going home in March ‘23), and it is extremely arguable that he is in the conversation of Top 10.

Hurt or not, he made his choices to wrestle or recover. And his results put him behind 10+ guys who were 4 timers or 3 timers plus better than 6th, and sure as hell not obviously better than some 2 timers (ie Taylor).

He can be in your Top 10 or 20 or whatever your definition of “one of the GOATs” is… but it is obviously very arguable because the stats don’t lie.

1-1-1-6….
This is a very well thought out response!!! A+ to you!!! You made many good points and open a debate in a proper way.

I am not sure how many would be in the GOAT discussion? I am also not sure if you go ALL-TIME or have a pre and post war categories? I never said he was the goat when it came to college wrestling. Me saying he is the best wrestler I ever seen, has to do with when he could perform anywhere near what he was capable of.

His tank issues I can assure you had to do with training and health! NO real issues with Ayala, his mom did apologize for what was said. Making choices to wrestle when hurt is a little misleading. You try and do what you believe is right at the time. Hindsight is 20-20 and it sometimes is easy to look back and say, "GEE I shoulda brought Apple stock!!!"

His time was ticking, and some injuries were not predictable.

Are you truly this stupid?!?!?!!
UH, PLEASE enlighten me if you know something I don't?
You are a little bitch who obviously wasn't taught by his parents to show some respect. Not **** off and go back in your momma's basement and come out when I tell you too
LMAO now he is copying me again!!! Look, if you wanna be me- uh wait, you can never be THE GREAT BIRD!!!
Now your posting privileges have been CANCELLED and you WILL NOT respond. I would resort to calling you names but I am a much better person then you. Once more you are now on report, which I never due, but we keep our WORD where i am from!!!

I actually will make him respond now everyone just watch!!!
May I have one suggestion? Either put him on ignore or quit responding to him.
I guess you may, but it is very hard to ignore the GREATEST post up in this bitch!!! I guess i am kinda like Howard Stern(at least when he was cool and relevant!) to these people.

Some would remember when they were talking about his ratings? Some tune in because they like him, and other because they don't and wanted to hear what he has to say!!!

ANYONE care to talk about RECRUITING?

This is a very well thought out response!!! A+ to you!!! You made many good points and open a debate in a proper way.

I am not sure how many would be in the GOAT discussion? I am also not sure if you go ALL-TIME or have a pre and post war categories? I never said he was the goat when it came to college wrestling. Me saying he is the best wrestler I ever seen, has to do with when he could perform anywhere near what he was capable of.

His tank issues I can assure you had to do with training and health! NO real issues with Ayala, his mom did apologize for what was said. Making choices to wrestle when hurt is a little misleading. You try and do what you believe is right at the time. Hindsight is 20-20 and it sometimes is easy to look back and say, "GEE I shoulda brought Apple stock!!!"

His time was ticking, and some injuries were not predictable.

UH, PLEASE enlighten me if you know something I don't?

LMAO now he is copying me again!!! Look, if you wanna be me- uh wait, you can never be THE GREAT BIRD!!!
Now your posting privileges have been CANCELLED and you WILL NOT respond. I would resort to calling you names but I am a much better person then you. Once more you are now on report, which I never due, but we keep our WORD where i am from!!!

I actually will make him respond now everyone just watch!!!

I guess you may, but it is very hard to ignore the GREATEST post up in this bitch!!! I guess i am kinda like Howard Stern(at least when he was cool and relevant!) to these people.

Some would remember when they were talking about his ratings? Some tune in because they like him, and other because they don't and wanted to hear what he has to say!!!

ANYONE care to talk about RECRUITING?
Guess time to ignore.

Again you can try and spin things to, I guess defend what you know is going on here? Is that what you are saying?

Well IOWA did it so it is OK if we do it, is that what you are getting at? Totally different set of circumstances, totally different time, etc.... But my point still remains and that is. There has NEVER been a level of discrepancy like we are seeing now and you can not deny it!!!

You can try to defend they reason if you like????

Ever see the movie MY COUSIN VINNY? Well there is a line, "I am enjoying myself so far!"

We have some GOOD, the BAD and the UGLY but I am trying to move it forward with the NEW RECRUITING TOPIC.

In any case, I usually post about important things over on the HAWK board, do match grades, and kick ass on BoZack trolls!!! I feel that is my roll over there.
lol. And what exactly is Penn State doing? Complying with the rules and dominating? The facts are that of the three wrestling programs with the most team championships, two have been sanctioned by the NCAA. I’ll give three guesses as to which is the only one to be clean.

Reactions: SJP80
Guess time to ignore.
????
lol. And what exactly is Penn State doing? Complying with the rules and dominating? The facts are that of the three wrestling programs with the most team championships, two have been sanctioned by the NCAA. I’ll give three guesses as to which is the only one to be clean.
So what you are now saying is, if you don't get caught....... ???? OR are you saying if people are willing to look the other way.......???? or maybe as long as people play along....... ?????

We have seen a lot of this in todays day and age. Will NOT get into any politics but instead point to actual happenings in the NCAA

IOWA and IOWA st ONLY were targeted in a gambling probe!!! So are you going to come on here and say to EVERYONE(please don't you will look so foolish!!!) that NO other college athletes are on ANY betting sites, gambling on any pro games, fantasy leagues, march madness, super bowl etc....?????

I mean something VERY shady went down and targeted ONLY these schools out of what 1000's!?!??!! Then the penalty was what?????? So over in Michigan, the Football team gets CAUGHT CHEATING, they get a slap on the wrist!!!!

Kids doing really nothing wrong, they get booted ENDING some college careers! You are OK with this? One year, PSU had SIX HUNDRED and SIXTY THOUSAND in CAMP expenses!?!!?!? Must have been some damn camps boy!!!! Wish I was there!!! I mean the kids apparently paid to attend right. Lets say they had a week sleep away camp and it had 100 wrestlers at $2000 a piece.

200K in income, I am thinking to cover costs, pay instructors, etc.... Now where did the other 660K go?

A lot of good things here to discuss like MEN!!!! If you do not want to discuss like MEN??? Go bake or something!!!!
Wow- truly an enlightened man! Perhaps you want to tell your Iowa women wrestlers to go back to the kitchen as well?
Hammer Floor GIF by VPRO

Last edited:
????

So what you are now saying is, if you don't get caught....... ???? OR are you saying if people are willing to look the other way.......???? or maybe as long as people play along....... ?????

We have seen a lot of this in todays day and age. Will NOT get into any politics but instead point to actual happenings in the NCAA

IOWA and IOWA st ONLY were targeted in a gambling probe!!! So are you going to come on here and say to EVERYONE(please don't you will look so foolish!!!) that NO other college athletes are on ANY betting sites, gambling on any pro games, fantasy leagues, march madness, super bowl etc....?????

I mean something VERY shady went down and targeted ONLY these schools out of what 1000's!?!??!! Then the penalty was what?????? So over in Michigan, the Football team gets CAUGHT CHEATING, they get a slap on the wrist!!!!

Kids doing really nothing wrong, they get booted ENDING some college careers! You are OK with this? One year, PSU had SIX HUNDRED and SIXTY THOUSAND in CAMP expenses!?!!?!? Must have been some damn camps boy!!!! Wish I was there!!! I mean the kids apparently paid to attend right. Lets say they had a week sleep away camp and it had 100 wrestlers at $2000 a piece.

200K in income, I am thinking to cover costs, pay instructors, etc.... Now where did the other 660K go?
You do realize that it was the state of Iowa that investigated the gambling at Iowa and Iowa State, right? They have no jurisdiction to investigate schools in other states. And the schools were required to contact the NCAA when they found out about it.

You do realize that it was the state of Iowa that investigated the gambling at Iowa and Iowa State, right? They have no jurisdiction to investigate schools in other states. And the schools were required to contact the NCAA when they found out about it.
He's too stupid to understand that. He's a little man behind a keyboard that tries to act tough lmfao. Just another typical Iowa fan all talk nothing to back it up but a loud voice lmfao.

Wow- truly an enlightened man! Perhaps you want to tell your Iowa women wrestlers to go back to the kitchen as well?
Hammer Floor GIF by VPRO
Sorry Ma am i did not realize they had women up in here!
WOW, very good, well I guess that is that then???? Unless, unless..... they reported it to the what was that again????
He's too stupid to understand that. He's a little man behind a keyboard that tries to act tough lmfao. Just another typical Iowa fan all talk nothing to back it up but a loud voice lmfao.
Lil man? you know how AJ out lifts anyone you know right? well i out lift him!!!! HAHAHAHAHAH

Now YOU WILL keep respond as I the GREAT BIRD COMMAND!!!!

????

Cael literally had an independent, full time, NCAA funded, “compliance officer” watching everything going on within PSU sports for the first 2 years he was coach…

And you think the foundation of his program’s success was cheating 😂

It really is sad and pathetic how far Iowa has fallen. From a once dominant program to:

- the competition is cheating … trust us

- our guy would have been a 4 timer if he wasn’t hurt… trust us

- we really would have won twice in last 10 years… trust us

Sad.

The Iowa way, cry that someone else is better and hope someone will help Little brother out. This is just to easy.

Cael literally had an independent, full time, NCAA funded, “compliance officer” watching everything going on within PSU sports for the first 2 years he was coach…

And you think the foundation of his program’s success was cheating 😂

It really is sad and pathetic how far Iowa has fallen. From a once dominant program to:

- the competition is cheating … trust us

- our guy would have been a 4 timer if he wasn’t hurt… trust us

- we really would have won twice in last 10 years… trust us

Sad.
" yes everybody, lion has said it, nothing to see here!?!?!? There was a "full time, NCAA funded. "compliance officer" watching......"

JUST WOW!!!!

and YOU think that the $5 MILLION had nothing to do with the recruiting and or the bringing in Gilman, Dake, Snyder????

If you believe ANYONE in college could beat SL at even 90% FORGET 100%!!!! You have NO right to be on ANY wrestling board because you have no idea about the sport!!!

WON one, NO DOUBT about who would have won the covid year for anyone using any kind of logic especially after what we all saw at the B1Gs that year!

ALL IOWA fans know every other fan is watching us closely especially you all!!! We are back in striking distance and closing fast!!! It will be matter of who puts the best final pieces together for their team moving forward!

For example, many were claiming the dual this year would not be competitive. All of a sudden, it looks like it could get real tight. On paper, we are currently better at 133, 141, 149, 165, that is FOUR out of 10 my friend!!!

IF AJ goes that puts 197 in play, who we roll out at 174, 184, COULD present a possible upset!!!

AND I for one am not TWOOOOO sure we will not see something else that could be HUGE happen!!!! Let me tell you, IF it does go down, there will be a full blown MELTDOWN on this board!!!!!

This thread has gone ravishingly

👏 Bravo!
Hey thanks my friend! At least I think? LOL, it has been some FUN, some BS, there has been some learning which is the best part, along with some honest PSU fans who have shown support!

Then you have the, I will call them TROLLS I guess, who have nothing to bring to the board or to this thread!!!

For example they hate SPENCER LEE for going to IOWA I guess even though he is a PA kid!!! They want to discredit his greatness, and they will twist everything that he went though and accomplished to do it!!! It is kinda amazing to think about it.

I am pretty certain, no one is putting down any of there great wrestlers for what they accomplished? We certainly may take shots at them if we see fit as apposing fans. For example Ruth apparently drove drunk into a Taco Bell? I don't know that I ever commented on this, as I really do not care! That being said, He was an unbelievable wrestler and I actually met him and he proved to be extremely humble, nice and knowledgeable!

Not sure even one PA guy came on here to defend SL which is kind of remarkable TWOOOOO!!! I know if he was from where I lived or went to school, or even anywhere near me really. I would have a little something to say. You know who did recently say something about SL? It was none other the NOLF!!! He is certainly one of many I would like to come on over to IOWA!!!

In any case, I came as a guest and i am trying to open up serious discussions on topics. It seems like even the great posters on here, know the TROLLS mess everything up so they are not commenting as much sadly. The TROLLS seem to have nothing better to do but mess sh*t up? I mean from time to time, like several posts above. Someone comes on and makes a valid point/argument.

The poster I am referring to talked about the GOAT in college wrestling. While I never said SL was the GOAT. I guess I could see how someone could mistake what i was saying. That is, he is the best college wrestler I ever seen! When he was able to compete anywhere near his potential. It was absolute DESTRUCTION!!!

It was scary how he ripped apart other TOP wrestlers!!! You were not even thinking about winning like 4-2, or even 7-3 and the likes. It was, "How fast will SL tech or pin him?" Just crazy, and i did not get to see GABLE, MILLS, SHCALLES live but that is the kind of domination we are talking about.

Anyway, I could go on about resorting to name calling and other BS but I know you get it. I will carry on here as long as it makes sense to do so. I am also thinking about bringing some topics back to our board where I will get some more feedback.

Hey thanks my friend! At least I think? LOL, it has been some FUN, some BS, there has been some learning which is the best part, along with some honest PSU fans who have shown support!

Then you have the, I will call them TROLLS I guess, who have nothing to bring to the board or to this thread!!!

For example they hate SPENCER LEE for going to IOWA I guess even though he is a PA kid!!! They want to discredit his greatness, and they will twist everything that he went though and accomplished to do it!!! It is kinda amazing to think about it.

I am pretty certain, no one is putting down any of there great wrestlers for what they accomplished? We certainly may take shots at them if we see fit as apposing fans. For example Ruth apparently drove drunk into a Taco Bell? I don't know that I ever commented on this, as I really do not care! That being said, He was an unbelievable wrestler and I actually met him and he proved to be extremely humble, nice and knowledgeable!

Not sure even one PA guy came on here to defend SL which is kind of remarkable TWOOOOO!!! I know if he was from where I lived or went to school, or even anywhere near me really. I would have a little something to say. You know who did recently say something about SL? It was none other the NOLF!!! He is certainly one of many I would like to come on over to IOWA!!!

In any case, I came as a guest and i am trying to open up serious discussions on topics. It seems like even the great posters on here, know the TROLLS mess everything up so they are not commenting as much sadly. The TROLLS seem to have nothing better to do but mess sh*t up? I mean from time to time, like several posts above. Someone comes on and makes a valid point/argument.

The poster I am referring to talked about the GOAT in college wrestling. While I never said SL was the GOAT. I guess I could see how someone could mistake what i was saying. That is, he is the best college wrestler I ever seen! When he was able to compete anywhere near his potential. It was absolute DESTRUCTION!!!

It was scary how he ripped apart other TOP wrestlers!!! You were not even thinking about winning like 4-2, or even 7-3 and the likes. It was, "How fast will SL tech or pin him?" Just crazy, and i did not get to see GABLE, MILLS, SHCALLES live but that is the kind of domination we are talking about.

Anyway, I could go on about resorting to name calling and other BS but I know you get it. I will carry on here as long as it makes sense to do so. I am also thinking about bringing some topics back to our board where I will get some more feedback.
You do you IRONBIRD. It sucks that they go out of their way disparage Spencer and his family. Haters going to hate. They would've loved him to pieces if he was a Lion. He deserves better.

Reactions: IRONBIRD
Yes we will argue your point you are dumb as shit. Why would we not argue with you. What a dumb ass. And stick your fake news up your ass we don't do politics on here. Is that's your agenda go away we are not interested in your stupidity or lack of logic.
If i was from PA i wouodnt want to talk politics ever on here or snywhere! As far as Ironbird! Dude is very knowledgeable on the sport and politics. I rarely dissagree with him on much. However i think what hes said over and over is SL is one of iowas all time greats. Hard to dispute. Like PSU of now Iowa had there run as well and there are 10 or so wrestlers that coupd vye for goat. Hes top 10 for sure but hard to put him ahead of banach, joey williams, lewis, lincoln, davis, zalesky, jergens, ironside…etc. all such close resimes hard to say 1. I had to give to banach with natty and international resume. Jmo

i did not realize they had women up in here!
Did you not remember you just wrote this:
?

Inconsistent much?

Double standards and misogyny are hallmarks of GIA posts.

In all honesty, I think what you post and what you think you post are sometimes two different things.

You’ll write something, be called out on it, and then respond with “when did I ever say that?”

Last edited:
You do you IRONBIRD. It sucks that they go out of their way disparage Spencer and his family. Haters going to hate. They would've loved him to pieces if he was a Lion. He deserves better.
No he does not. You get what you earn, right? He has earned this on numerous occasions.

He absolutely deserves better. Cesspool East

Penn State fans don't need to worship Spencer. Spencer is/was good.

But, over the course of his career, he would have been the 3-5 best wrestler on our team.

Last edited:
Reactions: danoftw
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT