ADVERTISEMENT

Hawks v Goofers today at noon on BTN

JV version of what PD3 plays over on HR.

Another thing he has in common with PD3 is that neither has ever won a title but that doesn't stop them from believing they are the greatest thing since sliced bread.

For those who missed the intros:

This kid doesn't get it and any Iowa fan that defends this kind of nonsense doesn't get it, either. Gilman is about as low class as you get. The fact that Tom and Terry don't shut this stuff down from him tells you a lot about their character as well.

Gilman beat Garrett every time they wrestled. A few years back, substitute Ramos for Gilman and you guys were singing the same tune.

That's because Ramos acted a lot like Gilman. It's easy to sing the same tune when you keep hearing it over and over.

This act that Iowa wrestlers have is tired. It's unbecoming of the program and any Iowa fan that continues to defend the stuff that Gilman is doing is likely somebody of similar character to Gilman, which is low.

Reactions: nitlion6
It's really as simple as "he's our guy", so therefore, we are not going to badmouth him. Very similar to the entire GOP this past year with Trump. No matter what offensive or completely moronic thing came out of his mouth they looked the other way and still supported him. He was their guy and they sold out any sense of morality or principle they had in order to support him.

Reactions: Reslo
You guys have an over the top obsession with Gilman. Unhealthy!
"This is a Nittany Lion board Mr, not a Hawkeye board. Not everyone has to like Thomas Gilman . His style/attitude/persona are not the most likeable traits."

I just copied and pasted a reply (changing only the name and schools) you made to me when you guys were spending the summer obsessing over Molinaro and his 5 on 2 salute. I figured you'd understand since you wrote it...

"This is a Nittany Lion board Mr, not a Hawkeye board. Not everyone has to like Thomas Gilman . His style/attitude/persona are not the most likeable traits."

I just copied and pasted a reply (changing only the name and schools) you made to me when you guys were spending the summer obsessing over Molinaro and his 5 on 2 salute. I figured you'd understand since you wrote it...
Easy JT. You are going to get banned from HR before you go back.

Earlier they were a tad obsessed with the Berger kid from Nebraska.
There are plenty of Hawk fans expressing a dislike for some of Gilman's antics, Turk is just defending his own from outliers.

Since it is so common to read the get outta here response on HR, I really liked the word for word feedback.

I didnt call Molinaro a bunch of derogatory names last summer However. I remember rooting for him 100% when he represented the USA. Heck he might have won a medal if he cut that mop off his head. He spent half his matches swiping his hair out of his eyes.

I didnt call Molinaro a bunch of derogatory names last summer However. I remember rooting for him 100% when he represented the USA. Heck he might have won a medal if he cut that mop off his head. He spent half his matches swiping his hair out of his eyes.
Plenty over there did though. I guess what I'm really getting at is why did you have a problem with me over there defending Frank yet you come here and do the exact same thing for your guy? If I'm not mistaken, you even made a comment in the thread that you wouldn't do here what I was doing there. I'm pretty sure it's the thread that got me banned so I'm thrilled yet again to show our moderators here are far more tolerant than the ones over there. I kinda enjoy busting that myth so many have put out over there that rival fans get the banhammer swiftly here when they have a disagreement.

You sure are bitter about being banned arent you? You dig up an 8 month old thread to find some mud that will stick.

We all root for our USA representatives. You would have to be a jerk to root against Molinaro because he is a nit lion and I would have to be a jerk rooting against Dennis because he is a Hawk.
You aren't a jerk and according to my sister I work hard, sometimes unsuccessfully, to not be a jerk.

You sure are bitter about being banned arent you? You dig up an 8 month old thread to find some mud that will stick.
You had your fun (at my expense) when I was over there defending Molinaro. I'm just having a little fun at yours. Don't take it so personally.

Btw, if I were bitter I'd just make a new account and post over there. I choose not to so there's that...

It's really as simple as "he's our guy", so therefore, we are not going to badmouth him. Very similar to the entire GOP this past year with Trump. No matter what offensive or completely moronic thing came out of his mouth they looked the other way and still supported him. He was their guy and they sold out any sense of morality or principle they had in order to support him.
One could very easily say the same thing about the other party and their candidate of choice. And do so about either party in most elections.

Any chance we could leave politics out of the wrestling board?

We all root for our USA representatives. You would have to be a jerk to root against Molinaro because he is a nit lion and I would have to be a jerk rooting against Dennis because he is a Hawk.
You aren't a jerk and according to my sister I work hard, sometimes unsuccessfully, to not be a jerk.
Naw, Turk was all in on Molinaro and wanted him to do well. I'll give him that. It was some of those other turds over there that didn't care to see him do well.

One could very easily say the same thing about the other party and their candidate of choice. And do so about either party in most elections.

That's like his four or fifth reference...so, no. I am trying "real hard to be the shepherd."

Reactions: diggerpup

Classic false equivalency. DT was not simply "any other candidate". Not intended as a political post at all, simply illustrating the thought process. In that sense it was completely appropriate.

Page 6 of the Iowa/Minnesota dual thread, and now we're discussing Molinaro's haircut & Donald Trump.

Good job guys. Nice thread. Smh.

I think this thread has jumped the shark. Everyone has stated their stances, several times.

Classic false equivalency. DT was not simply "any other candidate". Not intended as a political post at all, simply illustrating the thought process. In that sense it was completely appropriate.

“It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so.”--Ronald Reagan

EDIT: The only DT on this board should be David Taylor

Last edited:
Whew, after reading this thread I needs me some blood time!!

Here is my take on all of this: If one of our guys does this nonsense, then I will be vexed at our guy. If Gilman wants to shoot off his mouth or act inappropriately, that's on him and his teammates. As a coach, I would not like the potential to motivate the rest of the opposing team with such antics. To each his own.

Not trying to draw an equivalency. Trying to say it's inappropriate, period.

Pretty hard to thread the needle of making a point about political candidates and parties without making a political post.

“It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so.”--Ronald Reagan

EDIT: The only DT on this board should be David Taylor

Well, since AZ Chief got political, allow me to retort. With the President of Alternative Facts representing conservatives, you have little to nothing to stand upon in terms of knowing something that isn't so.

The only DT ANYWHERE should be David Taylor.

PS- Great liberal filmmaker you referenced.

Last edited:
Well, since AZ Chief got political, allow me to retort. With the President of Alternative Facts representing conservatives, you have little to nothing to stand upon in terms of knowing something that isn't so.

The only DT ANYWHERE should be David Taylor.

PS- Great liberal filmmaker you referenced.

If by that, you meant "classically liberal," than we agree.

“I didn’t leave the Democratic party, the Democratic Party left me.”--Ronald Reagan

Reactions: Gebmo and dunkej01
Even knowing the outcome. Watching Lizak rough Gilman up a bit is still fun.

“I didn’t leave the Democratic party, the Democratic Party left me.”--Ronald Reagan

51C2MV8H8NL.jpg

He did win a medal. A crooked officiating crew took it away, but everyone with two working eyes, saw him win that match on the mat.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT