ADVERTISEMENT

Football Indiana / Penn State Game Thread

You wonder why Allar’s jumpy? No one gets open and he gets hit every play hr drops back. He has 3 or 4 seconds max to rid of ball.

You wonder why Allar’s jumpy? No one gets open and he gets hit every play hr drops back. He has 3 or 4 seconds max to rid of ball.
Like Joey Harrington for the Detroit Lions. Hopefully he doesn't suffer the same fate. I know it's pro vs college, but same concept.

Reactions: tlbakernc
Almost all of the pass catchers seem to have terrible hands. In the rare occasion they’re open, they still don’t catch it cleanly, off the side of their hand, or cradling it in their stomach (wrong), or bobbling it.

We better go coach prime with the wide receiver room in the off-season.

Agree but where are the quick hitter passes where QB releases the ball before receiver even makes his cut?

Our runs are delayed handoffs and our passes require time for receivers to come open.

Obviously need a big time security blanket for Allar. Many things come into play here, so Allar definitely isn't the only issue.

64 with the turnstile block
More concerned with Allar not recognizing the blitz and an uncovered KLS
Agree but where are the quick hitter passes where QB releases the ball before receiver even makes his cut?

Our runs are delayed handoffs and our passes require time for receivers to come open.
Not true at all. IN is bringing safety and corner blitzes and we have guys immediately open but we aren't getting them the ball on time.

Reactions: KCLion
More concerned with Allar not recognizing the blitz and an uncovered KLS. Basic football.
I’m certainly no expert but it does seem to me he is missing a lot of easy reads. I know it’s easy for me to say as I’m not being chased. :)

Franklin said he's got some packages for Pribula but the opportunity to use them hasn't presented itself. It seems to me the opportunity has existed for the last 6 quarters.

More concerned with Allar not recognizing the blitz and an uncovered KLS

Not true at all. IN is bringing safety and corner blitzes and we have guys immediately open but we aren't getting them the ball on time.
The 1st pass to KLS after the turnover was quick and got 5 yds. But most plays Allar is surveying the field, not getting rid of the ball quickly.

Franklin said he's got some packages for Pribula but the opportunity to use them hasn't presented itself. It seems to me the opportunity has existed for the last 6 quarters.
The psyche of the team and individual players are a major part in that decision as well imo...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT