ADVERTISEMENT

Lets Talk Big 10 Expansion

True. Stanford’s billionaires or endowment are meaningless in this argument. As said previously, if the Big Ten wants to open an academic and research alliance with Stanford or UVA or GT that’s fine. No one would argue that at all. There’s no reason they can’t share research or cooperate with each other with regard to research right now.

However, the issue at hand is maximizing your revenue from the standpoint of tv networks from a sports, (predominantly football), perspective. That is what is being negotiated with these expansion talks.

It should be remembered that PSU is one of a handful of schools that are self sustained financially in the athletic department. Most schools are not. They subsidize their athletic departments by funds from the university academic side. Every prez should be doing all they can to get their athletic department financially secure and independent. Reducing per school payouts is not helpful.

This debate often gets sidetracked into many directions- athletic finances, university research, university ‘relationships’, tv markets, west coast/ southern pods, travel partners, etc. All that aside, the core issue here is negotiating the best tv revenue. Adding Stanford, Georgia Tech, and Virginia’s athletic teams resulting in decreased per team revenue is just not a smart thing to do, no matter how impressive they are as academic institutions.
I don't think we see much action in conference realignment or expansion for a few years. The musical chairs just occurred and everyone is in their chair (or not). ND is fat and happy as an indy with their NBC deal. B12 just finished their realignment. You have the grant of rights limiting ACC movement. And Cal and Stanford just joined the ACC. No obvious low cost of entry choices readily available out there.

Another reason why conference expansion will be slow is the point you make that only a handful of schools have athletic departments that make money. The reason is that few schools have the attendance and TV revenue deal that PSU has. Look at Indiana, they have a great TV revenue deal riding on the coat tails of schools like Penn State and Ohio State but probably struggle with their athletic department financials because no one goes to the football games. Or certainly schools in the Big 12 are not making enough in football to turn an athletic department profit. Just about all the schools out there are like that. I have heard Kansas's name thrown about but they are a mirror image of Indiana. So why would the B10 want to throw a life line to schools like Kansas or Utah or Ga Tech or UNC or UVA when that just dilutes the per school revenue?

When you start talking partial share of revenue where you can keep existing schools whole or better yet grow their revenue then that is a scenario worth considering. However, given we just finished a wave of realignment moves I don't think Kansas or Utah is going to pay some kind of exorbitant exit fee then agree to a significantly reduced revenue share model just to join the B10.

I don't think we see much action in conference realignment or expansion for a few years. The musical chairs just occurred and everyone is in their chair (or not). ND is fat and happy as an indy with their NBC deal. B12 just finished their realignment. You have the grant of rights limiting ACC movement. And Cal and Stanford just joined the ACC. No obvious low cost of entry choices readily available out there.

Another reason why conference expansion will be slow is the point you make that only a handful of schools have athletic departments that make money. The reason is that few schools have the attendance and TV revenue deal that PSU has. Look at Indiana, they have a great TV revenue deal riding on the coat tails of schools like Penn State and Ohio State but probably struggle with their athletic department financials because no one goes to the football games. Or certainly schools in the Big 12 are not making enough in football to turn an athletic department profit. Just about all the schools out there are like that. I have heard Kansas's name thrown about but they are a mirror image of Indiana. So why would the B10 want to throw a life line to schools like Kansas or Utah or Ga Tech or UNC or UVA when that just dilutes the per school revenue?

When you start talking partial share of revenue where you can keep existing schools whole or better yet grow their revenue then that is a scenario worth considering. However, given we just finished a wave of realignment moves I don't think Kansas or Utah is going to pay some kind of exorbitant exit fee then agree to a significantly reduced revenue share model just to join the B10.
Your logic is very sound, but it remains to be seen how the reported $2.7B NCAA NIL lawsuit settlement affects realignment and the cost of doing business in college athletics. The settlement plus revenue share pledge could make the cost of doing business necessitate a Big 10 / SEC revenue stream.

Your logic is very sound, but it remains to be seen how the reported $2.7B NCAA NIL lawsuit settlement affects realignment and the cost of doing business in college athletics. The settlement plus revenue share pledge could make the cost of doing business necessitate a Big 10 / SEC revenue stream.
You are more knowledgeable than I am in this area. Regarding the revenue share with athletes there has to be some kind of compensation structure or salary cap, something so it doesn't bankrupt university athletic departments not named Ohio State, Texas, Texas A&M and a few others. The school presidents and ADs can't be expected to just have an unlimited checkbook. Before you know it the 18 year old 3rd string punter is raking in a million a year off revenue sharing and the starting QB has made enough money to set up his family for the next 20 generations. So NIL would need to decrease if not go away as revenue share becomes a real compensation tactic.

I think all the Power 4 schools or whatever the universe is that would owe back pay in the $2.8 billion settlement could absorb that okay (maybe not but a Penn State would be okay). Divide 2.8 billion by 60 and you get 47 million then divide that over a 10 year period is roughly $5 million. Not a huge deal for a Penn State making $70 million a year but more of an impact for those teams without as rich of a media rights deal.

So you could be right and these looming expenses could accelerate some kind of conference realignment to generate revenue. However, it still all goes back to increasing revenue as conferences align or consolidate or whatever happens. So I don't think Fox is going to overpay for media rights to allow Georgia Tech and UNC in the B10 or Disney shelling out money to the SEC for Clemson to join just to help out these athletic departments. Why would they? They have a fiduciary responsibility to their shareholders first and foremost not to the athletic departments. There are only a limited number of schools left that can legitimately increase the per school revenue of a conference if they join. ND, FSU and Clemson and I think that is it. Realignment and conference expansion cannot just be with those three schools obviously so you get into a scenario of revenue dilution or incoming members take significant partial shares. I guess I don't see the conference expansion game being a big revenue generator for the universities at this point but I am certainly no expert. It is kind of like a company that sells products and they take a price increase. Great more revenue for the company and little to no drop off in the demand for their products. Then they do it again in a year then another. Well by about the 3rd price increase in say 2 or 3 years your consumers have all said screw you and stopped buying your product because it is too expensive and the company is no longer generating positive revenue with a price increase. Maybe not the best analogy but the point being there is not an unlimited gravy train or revenue stream with these media companies. At first it was great and a second time yeah there is still more money for everyone but now it seems to be running very dry. I think we are close to that point with conference expansion and hoping revenues from media rights deals just magically go up and up. They will go up but I believe the dust needs to settle a bit.

Back to your original point, I don't know how these schools pay for revenue sharing with athletes. I guess media rights is an option but as I said it seemingly is getting dry. You can eliminate all the football scholarship money and their free tuition is now a bundled part of the revenue share. NIL disappears and it is only revenue sharing so that could make it not such a dramatic cost hit to these schools. Maybe only football starters get the revenue share? That seems like that could go sideways though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sullivan
You are more knowledgeable than I am in this area. Regarding the revenue share with athletes there has to be some kind of compensation structure or salary cap, something so it doesn't bankrupt university athletic departments not named Ohio State, Texas, Texas A&M and a few others. The school presidents and ADs can't be expected to just have an unlimited checkbook. Before you know it the 18 year old 3rd string punter is raking in a million a year off revenue sharing and the starting QB has made enough money to set up his family for the next 20 generations. So NIL would need to decrease if not go away as revenue share becomes a real compensation tactic.

I think all the Power 4 schools or whatever the universe is that would owe back pay in the $2.8 billion settlement could absorb that okay (maybe not but a Penn State would be okay). Divide 2.8 billion by 60 and you get 47 million then divide that over a 10 year period is roughly $5 million. Not a huge deal for a Penn State making $70 million a year but more of an impact for those teams without as rich of a media rights deal.

So you could be right and these looming expenses could accelerate some kind of conference realignment to generate revenue. However, it still all goes back to increasing revenue as conferences align or consolidate or whatever happens. So I don't think Fox is going to overpay for media rights to allow Georgia Tech and UNC in the B10 or Disney shelling out money to the SEC for Clemson to join just to help out these athletic departments. Why would they? They have a fiduciary responsibility to their shareholders first and foremost not to the athletic departments. There are only a limited number of schools left that can legitimately increase the per school revenue of a conference if they join. ND, FSU and Clemson and I think that is it. Realignment and conference expansion cannot just be with those three schools obviously so you get into a scenario of revenue dilution or incoming members take significant partial shares. I guess I don't see the conference expansion game being a big revenue generator for the universities at this point but I am certainly no expert. It is kind of like a company that sells products and they take a price increase. Great more revenue for the company and little to no drop off in the demand for their products. Then they do it again in a year then another. Well by about the 3rd price increase in say 2 or 3 years your consumers have all said screw you and stopped buying your product because it is too expensive and the company is no longer generating positive revenue with a price increase. Maybe not the best analogy but the point being there is not an unlimited gravy train or revenue stream with these media companies. At first it was great and a second time yeah there is still more money for everyone but now it seems to be running very dry. I think we are close to that point with conference expansion and hoping revenues from media rights deals just magically go up and up. They will go up but I believe the dust needs to settle a bit.

Back to your original point, I don't know how these schools pay for revenue sharing with athletes. I guess media rights is an option but as I said it seemingly is getting dry. You can eliminate all the football scholarship money and their free tuition is now a bundled part of the revenue share. NIL disappears and it is only revenue sharing so that could make it not such a dramatic cost hit to these schools. Maybe only football starters get the revenue share? That seems like that could go sideways though.
I do not know the details of the settlement other than the schools are on the hook for the settlement in the future and it creates a permanent revenue share as well. It does not replace NIL, as it is now illegal to prevent a “student” athlete to monetize their nil. Essentially the cost of doing business in college athletics is going up. PSU4U is a claimed insider so perhaps he has additional information on the subject. In short, in my opinion it may accelerate realignment as ACC and Big 12 schools may need more revenue and the B1G and SEC may want to diversify their portfolio of schools to generate a more exciting product across a broader region. Or it may slow it down realignment as the SEC and B1G schools may want to be more risk adverse and protect their revenue streams in this time period by of uncertainty and rising costs. After all, there are only 3 guaranteed ACC revenue generators as far as expansion goes - FSU, ND, and Clemson. If the B1G does not land FSU (it is not an AAU member), then perhaps Miami is a winner in terms of the B1G being in Florida and Miami becoming more interesting from coast to coast. And perhaps UNC is a winner when considering bball + football. Elsewhere there are rumors about Texas A&M being disgruntled in the SEC. The B1G would love to be in Texas and that would be a sure thing as well in terms of revenue.

I'm just guessing here well maybe prophesying that Private Equity for individual universities and football programs is going to become a big thing.
I fear private equity is going to be awful for the sport that is becoming more corporate and focused on finances over product quality seemingly by the hour. When PE gets involved in corporations, cost cutting and layoffs often follow. If I'm a low revenue school in a P2 conference, I want PE firms to stay far, far away. I would imagine one of the first things PE will do is put a target on those schools that get an equal revenue distribution from the conference but don't generate anywhere near the revenue as the big programs.

I fear private equity is going to be awful for the sport that is becoming more corporate and focused on finances over product quality seemingly by the hour. When PE gets involved in corporations, cost cutting and layoffs often follow. If I'm a low revenue school in a P2 conference, I want PE firms to stay far, far away. I would imagine one of the first things PE will do is put a target on those schools that get an equal revenue distribution from the conference but don't generate anywhere near the revenue as the big programs.
You could be right. Not sure about PE but the fact that these athletic departments get run more and more like a big business corporation not unlike a pro sports franchise is certainly going to happen. One fallout will be less and less non revenue sports as they make no money and it becomes about the money and not about the student athlete. You could end up with schools basically just fielding a football and basketball team and that is it.

Reactions: psu00
So I don't think Fox is going to overpay for media rights to allow Georgia Tech and UNC in the B10 or Disney shelling out money to the SEC for Clemson to join just to help out these athletic departments. Why would they? They have a fiduciary responsibility to their shareholders first and foremost not to the athletic departments. There are only a limited number of schools left that can legitimately increase the per school revenue of a conference if they join. ND, FSU and Clemson and I think that is it.
Agree with all this. Unless the presidents have a real obsession over a non revenue school, those 3 are the only real options left.

Reactions: psu00
I know nothing, but IMO, the B1G is trying to be coast to coast, top to bottom. They are missing the SE and south. FSU and Clemson make sense from football/revenue. UNC and UVA are amazing in academics and Olympic sports. UVA won a national title in bball in 2019. UNC bball is a top 5 program. UNC football is very solid. NC is #9 and VA is #12 by population and both are growing. ND is inevitable at some point. That leaves 1 more spot for a UT/AZ/STAN/GT/MIAMI. WA/OR/RUT/MD/NE all had to buy in over many years. I would imagine UVA and the last school would as well. The Delaney plan was always UVA and UNC as he was a UNC grad. The biggest question is if both options are open to some some schools, would they prefer B1G or SEC

I know nothing, but IMO, the B1G is trying to be coast to coast, top to bottom. They are missing the SE and south. FSU and Clemson make sense from football/revenue. UNC and UVA are amazing in academics and Olympic sports. UVA won a national title in bball in 2019. UNC bball is a top 5 program. UNC football is very solid. NC is #9 and VA is #12 by population and both are growing. ND is inevitable at some point. That leaves 1 more spot for a UT/AZ/STAN/GT/MIAMI. WA/OR/RUT/MD/NE all had to buy in over many years. I would imagine UVA and the last school would as well. The Delaney plan was always UVA and UNC as he was a UNC grad. The biggest question is if both options are open to some some schools, would they prefer B1G or SEC
Also, Delaney is still a consultant for the Big 10.

Reactions: NedFromYork
Can't disagree. I'm not a fan of PE and certainly not a fan of NIL.

PE will kill the little guys. They’ll set up CFB like the Premier League. College ADs are not corporations. They’re government agencies with too many people to manage <900. PE will streamline it with every school pretty much run from the same model based on revenue generating sports. All others will be cut and relegated to club status. Club sports will boom. The money at the top end increase by a lot and big dogs won’t be able to just frivolously so yes, the collective are here to stay. It will all be an orchestrated as a show like the nfl. Heck it costs almost $25k a season for 4 club tickets. Wait till PEs get ahold of that. It will easily double. If so, See ya!

PE will kill the little guys. They’ll set up CFB like the Premier League. College ADs are not corporations. They’re government agencies with too many people to manage <900. PE will streamline it with every school pretty much run from the same model based on revenue generating sports. All others will be cut and relegated to club status. Club sports will boom. The money at the top end increase by a lot and big dogs won’t be able to just frivolously so yes, the collective are here to stay. It will all be an orchestrated as a show like the nfl. Heck it costs almost $25k a season for 4 club tickets. Wait till PEs get ahold of that. It will easily double. If so, See ya!
Agree, I'm out if PE comes in.

Reactions: PSU4U
Agree, I'm out if PE comes in.
Well it seems that Yormark is the lead dog on such things as he's chasing PE like a starving dog. He headed up the collapse of the PAC, I know that was a different situation but is he chasing PE to be able to pull in the teams he wants out of the ACC like Clemson and FSU? Seems he's been rattling some cages there.

It’s interesting that UCLA and Georgia announced today they canceled their home and home series. Conference schedules are getting difficult in this era of super conferences and you probably don’t want to have difficult out of Conference opponents. If this is a trend, it may be more difficult for Notre Dame to schedule quality games and remain independent.

It’s interesting that UCLA and Georgia announced today they canceled their home and home series. Conference schedules are getting difficult in this era of super conferences and you probably don’t want to have difficult out of Conference opponents. If this is a trend, it may be more difficult for Notre Dame to schedule quality games and remain independent.
There's little upside to scheduling hard nonconference games in the playoff era. Even less so with the expansion to 12 teams. This is what sucks about the superconference era, you won't get to see big programs play each other unless they are in the same conference or happen to meet in a playoff game. Bowl games might still happen but all of the players will opt out anyway making those pretty pointless now too. The fun of infrequent clashes among top programs is fading away.

That's actually a really good point. If ND can't line up quality opponents due to quality opponents not wanting to play tough OOC games, ND will be incentivized to join a conference.

There's little upside to scheduling hard nonconference games in the playoff era. Even less so with the expansion to 12 teams. This is what sucks about the superconference era, you won't get to see big programs play each other unless they are in the same conference or happen to meet in a playoff game. Bowl games might still happen but all of the players will opt out anyway making those pretty pointless now too. The fun of infrequent clashes among top programs is fading away.
Yeah, it no longer makes any sense whatsoever to schedule quality non-conference opponents. If we continue to expand the conference to 20+ schools it does make a lot of sense in my opinion to increase the conference schedule to 10 games to create more excitement. At least in the conference schedule you’re guaranteed not to have your star players opt out!

That's actually a really good point. If ND can't line up quality opponents due to quality opponents not wanting to play tough OOC games, ND will be incentivized to join a conference.
If this is a trend that continues, and I believe it will particularly if the SEC goes to nine conference games, ND will have to join one of the two power conferences to stay relevant.

If this is a trend that continues, and I believe it will particularly if the SEC goes to nine conference games, ND will have to join one of the two power conferences to stay relevant.
ND will go to a conference when the money is better than what they have now flowing in. I hear what you are saying about their schedule getting weaker and that probably nudges them a little more toward a conference. However, as long as the college football world caters to them like it has forever then they could play a 12 game MAC schedule go undefeated and get a playoff bid.

ND will go to a conference when the money is better than what they have now flowing in. I hear what you are saying about their schedule getting weaker and that probably nudges them a little more toward a conference. However, as long as the college football world caters to them like it has forever then they could play a 12 game MAC schedule go undefeated and get a playoff bid.
Honestly how is 90 Mil a year not better than 50 Mil a year that won't even add up to 50 Mil because ND won't hit the numbers laid down by NBC.

Right/sometime after the next round of expansion the Big ten will go to 10 conference games a year and ND knows that. Things are shaking and moving in ACC land right now. The ducks are getting lined up. Once again Yormark will make the first two moves then Katy bar the door.

Right/sometime after the next round of expansion the Big ten will go to 10 conference games a year and ND knows that. Things are shaking and moving in ACC land right now. The ducks are getting lined up. Once again Yormark will make the first two moves then Katy bar the door.

Things are shaking and moving in ACC land as I type this. Once again Yormark will play the part of the Hitman just like he did in the PAC with the Big Ten and the SEC's blessing. Yormark will draw first blood with two teams. Some think that will be FSU and Clemson.

The Big Ten's first play for ACC teams will be a UNC and NCS package deal. Not saying it works. Also ND and one of GT VA.

Things are shaking and moving in ACC land as I type this. Once again Yormark will play the part of the Hitman just like he did in the PAC with the Big Ten and the SEC's blessing. Yormark will draw first blood with two teams. Some think that will be FSU and Clemson.

The Big Ten's first play for ACC teams will be a UNC and NCS package deal. Not saying it works. Also ND and one of GT VA.
Yeah, rumor has it that the SEC turned down FSU and Clemson. Now the Big 12 is somehow interested in the them and possibly others in the ACC. I wonder how that works out with the Bog 12 paying less than the ACC?

When they get to the 2 super conferences, there will be cross conference scheduling at that point a la AFC/NFC. The question just becomes how extensive it becomes, if they continue to play with the B league teams (left out conferences and their teams), FCS schools.

Yeah, rumor has it that the SEC turned down FSU and Clemson. Now the Big 12 is somehow interested in the them and possibly others in the ACC. I wonder how that works out with the Bog 12 paying less than the ACC?
The payout for the Big 12 in 2024 is projected to be 50 Mil plus. After all things considered I think the Big 12 already pays more than the ACC. It has been confirmed that the Big 12 has been in 3rd party talks with Clemson and FSU for months.

The SEC and the Big 12 are very happy to sit back and let Yormark do the dirty work as he did with the PAC schools, then the SEC and Big 10 move in to take the cream off the top or at least the cream they want.

Next up there are a variety of ways the ACC breaks up. One the Devolution move is real and they are still active Louisville was the 8th school but with ACC additions they need 9 schools and I think they will get it. They gotta get that done by Aug 1st or 15th I forget which.

Then ESPN ends the ACC contract or doesn't renew and a restructure of the ACC with a new contract and backfill teams begins. ESPN would much rather that FSU/Clemson breaks away and that automatically ends the ACC contract then ESPN doesn't look like the assholes they are by not renewing the current contract with the ACC.

IMO no matter how it all shakes out the ACC is doomed.

The payout for the Big 12 in 2024 is projected to be 50 Mil plus. After all things considered I think the Big 12 already pays more than the ACC. It has been confirmed that the Big 12 has been in 3rd party talks with Clemson and FSU for months.

The SEC and the Big 12 are very happy to sit back and let Yormark do the dirty work as he did with the PAC schools, then the SEC and Big 10 move in to take the cream off the top or at least the cream they want.

Next up there are a variety of ways the ACC breaks up. One the Devolution move is real and they are still active Louisville was the 8th school but with ACC additions they need 9 schools and I think they will get it. They gotta get that done by Aug 1st or 15th I forget which.

Then ESPN ends the ACC contract or doesn't renew and a restructure of the ACC with a new contract and backfill teams begins. ESPN would much rather that FSU/Clemson breaks away and that automatically ends the ACC contract then ESPN doesn't look like the assholes they are by not renewing the current contract with the ACC.

IMO no matter how it all shakes out the ACC is doomed.
That is with the CFP money and in future years. It starts off at $32M with the conference media deal, but still point well taken that the Big 12 without a traditional football power still negotiated a very good deal. The deal the PAC turned down. The ACC pulls a close second to the PAC12 for incompetence . All these years I wondered if we were better off in the ACC and now I am not so sure if it would have been better. You read comments from FSU folks on x and forums and a large complaint is that the commissioner is incompetent and secondly most of the schools in the conference really do not care too much about football anyway.

Not according to their arrogant fans and following. The B1G and SEC will make them the exception when it comes to scheduling

Not according to their arrogant fans and following. The B1G and SEC will make them the exception when it comes to scheduling

Until they stop.

Or until one side slips the right offer and ND finally agrees.

ND would prefer to be in the Big 10 than the SEC, presumably, but money talks. The squeeze is to let things flow naturally. You can't feign alignment and refuse to schedule them because somebody will backdoor ND into one conference over the other.

That is with the CFP money and in future years. It starts off at $32M with the conference media deal, but still point well taken that the Big 12 without a traditional football power still negotiated a very good deal. The deal the PAC turned down. The ACC pulls a close second to the PAC12 for incompetence . All these years I wondered if we were better off in the ACC and now I am not so sure if it would have been better. You read comments from FSU folks on x and forums and a large complaint is that the commissioner is incompetent and secondly most of the schools in the conference really do not care too much about football anyway.
Well, I wanted us to be in the ACC from the day rumors started flying about PS to the Big ten. LOL ! I just thought we were a better fit for the ACC with all our past associations with UNC NCS and GT in things like Ag research medical research and engineering. My how looking in the rearview mirror changes a persons perspective.

The poster on X in the comment section indicates he made it up.
I think ND would never join the Big 12 the others I could see and understand for multiple reasons. But even FSU would be dumb to do so IMO unless it was their only out.

When they get to the 2 super conferences, there will be cross conference scheduling at that point a la AFC/NFC. The question just becomes how extensive it becomes, if they continue to play with the B league teams (left out conferences and their teams), FCS schools.
I don't see that happening in nonconference regular season games, but that's essentially what the playoff will become. On the path it's on, if we end up with 2 power conferences those 2 will dominate the playoff selections and that's where they will play each other. Each will likely also look to create a conference championship playoff of sorts, as that will create more money from the media partners.

Right now, ND Stanford trending to BIG 10.
At this point I would not be surprised to hear Bloomsburg heading to the B1G with all the rumors! 😀 But seriously that ND rumor makes sense only if there is an ACC collapse. And that will not happen without
FSU/Clemson leaving. But didn’t you say multiple times never to trust ND?

At this point I would not be surprised to hear Bloomsburg heading to the B1G with all the rumors! 😀 But seriously that ND rumor makes sense only if there is an ACC collapse. And that will not happen without
FSU/Clemson leaving. But didn’t you say multiple times never to trust ND?
Now let's put somethings together. What do we know?

One ND has failed at every attempt to help save the ACC in it's crrent alignment and it is imploding as we speak. It has been reported that it will restructure after the departure of a number of schools. The new contract payouts assuming the SEC will even offer one is projected to be about 20 mil per team. ND is not staying for that and other reasons. Schools said to be leaving FSU Clemson UNC and probably others. The schools known to be leaving are ND's biggest rivalries in the current ACC. ND has been lobbying the Big 10 to take Stanford since Jan 2024 maybe earlier. USC has been lobbying ND to join the Big 10 since USC decided to join the Big 10. ND's contract with NBC is incentive based and I said that months before Flugar announced it was on a sliding scale. No matter either analogy works. If Stanford somehow joins the Big 10 ALL of ND's rivalries except sPitt and Navy will be in the Big 10 and the Big 10 will go to a required 10 game conference schedule. I believe that ND has been made aware of that too. ND is at best a 5th seed in any playoff situation and the likelihood of them ever getting to the championship game is NIL. Actually, as an independent they may never make the playoffs at all yes that is a possibility. I could go on, but do I need too? The fact is ND is screwed where they are and their backs are against the wall. Some are saying that ND will be #19 and Stanford will be #20 to join the Big 10. I'm not saying that. It really depends on how things shake out in the ACC and how soon but ND is on the block and will make the decision to join at some point before the ACC takes on an Ivy League look.

There has been a bunch of misinformation fed into the system and meant to intentionally mislead. I believe ESPN is the culprit here. It's the old sleight of hand don't look here look over here.

Josh Pate mentioned a T-Rex in his podcast that the T-Rex was a major player on what is about to break or was at least in on it. Well, I as well as a bunch of other people think the only T-Rex in college football is (I hate them) Notre Dame. But in the end never trust ND.

Last edited:
Reactions: joeaubie21
ND has long been a grimy, slimy place going back to the fraud Kanoot Rockne who was also a scumbag.

• Love
Now let's put somethings together. What do we know?

One ND has failed at every attempt to help save the ACC in it's crrent alignment and it is imploding as we speak. It has been reported that it will restructure after the departure of a number of schools. The new contract payouts assuming the SEC will even offer one is projected to be about 20 mil per team. ND is not staying for that and other reasons. Schools said to be leaving FSU Clemson UNC and probably others. The schools known to be leaving are ND's biggest rivalries in the current ACC. ND has been lobbying the Big 10 to take Stanford since Jan 2024 maybe earlier. USC has been lobbying ND to join the Big 10 since USC decided to join the Big 10. ND's contract with NBC is incentive based and I said that months before Flugar announced it was on a sliding scale. No matter either analogy works. If Stanford somehow joins the Big 10 ALL of ND's rivalries except sPitt and Navy will be in the Big 10 and the Big 10 will go to a required 10 game conference schedule. I believe that ND has been made aware of that too. ND is at best a 5th seed in any playoff situation and the likelihood of them ever getting to the championship game is NIL. Actually, as an independent they may never make the playoffs at all yes that is a possibility. I could go on, but do I need too? The fact is ND is screwed where they are and their backs are against the wall. Some are saying that ND will be #19 and Stanford will be #20 to join the Big 10. I'm not saying that. It really depends on how things shake out in the ACC and how soon but ND is on the block and will make the decision to join at some point before the ACC takes on an Ivy League look.

There has been a bunch of misinformation fed into the system and meant to intentionally mislead. I believe ESPN is the culprit here. It's the old sleight of hand don't look here look over here.

Josh Pate mentioned a T-Rex in his podcast that the T-Rex was a major player on what is about to break or was at least in on it. Well, I as well as a bunch of other people think the only T-Rex in college football is (I hate them) Notre Dame. But in the end never trust ND.
ND, Stanford, FSU or Miami, GT, Duke or UNC, UVA and that is a great super-conference with the east coast representation we always wanted.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT