ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan match thread - Fri, Jan 19

In the days before the internet, Iowa Public Television was the go-to for wrestling. They covered not only Iowa, Iowa State, UNI but also national events like National Duals. They also sold VHS tapes of a lot of events. Gibbons and Johnson were the announcers for IPTv. I wouldn't say they are dinosaurs, but the new order has to be shocking to them.

Other than IPTv, Channel 39 used to broadcast Lehigh home matches (they were also carried on Channel 33 in Hershey). That was about it for wrestling television coverage.
I watched Channel 39 on Sunday. Lehigh normally had home Sunday matches.
Daryl Burley was my favorite wrestler.

Reactions: danoftw and mcpat
What doesn’t make sense is if Kasak is the guy, he needs matches at the weight. Unless Cael plans to get him into some opens.

Hoping no Carter means sick and not an injury.

Hopefully Beyer’s gives an update

Reactions: mcpat
I don't know if most are aware but COVID is wreaking havoc in central PA. I personally know a few psu students who came home for the break who ended up sick as shit along with their families. Shits going around I'm thinking he's sick

cue the “it’s not ducking because our guys don’t duck” discourse lol
When you don’t have any history whatsoever of ducking, it’s not ducking. But feel free to tell Carter he’s ducking in person.

Reactions: WEAREPSU_LI
Entrance Dancing GIF by DreamWorks Trolls

Madden and JS ten secs after a post says Carter may be out.

Match Order, according to Track:

157 Will Lewan (Michigan) vs. Levi Hains (Penn State)
165 Cameron Amine (Michigan) vs. Mitchell Mesenbrink (Penn State)
174 Shane Griffith (Michigan) vs. Terrell Baraclough (Penn State)
184 Jaden Bullock (Michigan) vs. Bernie Truax (Penn State)
197 Bobby Striggow (Michigan) vs. Aaron Brooks (Penn State)

285 Lucas Davison (Michigan) vs. Greg Kerkvliet (Penn State)
125 Michael DeAugustino (Michigan) vs. Braeden Davis (Penn State)
133 Dylan Ragusin (Michigan) vs. Aaron Nagao (Penn State)
141 Sergio Lemley (Michigan) vs. Beau Bartlett (Penn State)
149 Fidel Mayora (Michigan) vs. David Evans (Penn State)

Entrance Dancing GIF by DreamWorks Trolls

Madden and JS ten secs after a post says Carter may be out.
We would never bring it up if this board didn’t accuse every Hawkeye wrestler who ever missed a dual against a higher ranked opponent of ducking.

Edit: I 100% don’t think he’s ducking. However, if Griffith didn’t go and Starocci did, this board would have pages of complaints about him ducking and how bad it is for the sport and the sport will never grow.

Reactions: Ruby Tues and mcpat
I like Evans a lot. I think he’s an AA/R12 guy at 141.

But Evans - Mayora wasn’t my expected feature bout.

Reactions: SlipperyPete12
IDK about Michigan.

Ohiowrestling.net is not officially an Ohio State board, but it may as well be, and it's a very good board.
Man, that website is a blast from the past! Frankly, I'd prefer it to video adds constantly reloading my page on mobile. . . . .

In the days before the internet, Iowa Public Television was the go-to for wrestling. They covered not only Iowa, Iowa State, UNI but also national events like National Duals. They also sold VHS tapes of a lot of events. Gibbons and Johnson were the announcers for IPTv. I wouldn't say they are dinosaurs, but the new order has to be shocking to them.

Other than IPTv, Channel 39 used to broadcast Lehigh home matches (they were also carried on Channel 33 in Hershey). That was about it for wrestling television coverage.
Channel 3 WPIX would cover some PSU matches. I remember Andy Matter and others.

Wait, I missed the rankings where Griffith is ranked higher than Starocci!🥵🥵
Who's the higher ranked opponent at 174?
I will retract the higher ranked part. If both opponents are top 10 and one sits, then if it’s anybody but a Penn St wrestler the other is ducking. Read my edit. Would you automatically assume Griffith is sick?

We would never bring it up if this board didn’t accuse every Hawkeye wrestler who ever missed a dual against a higher ranked opponent of ducking.

Edit: I 100% don’t think he’s ducking. However, if Griffith didn’t go and Starocci did, this board would have pages of complaints about him ducking and how bad it is for the sport and the sport will never grow.
Higher ranked??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT