ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan match thread - Fri, Jan 19

Kind of OT, but, does UM have a wrestling message board? I have looked and not found one. The only strictly wrestling message board I have seen are the Cesspool, NJRU (Rutgers) and the Guillotine (Minnesota).

Reactions: danoftw
Did you catch Cael saying, "If he goes on Friday" about Kasak? Interesting and curious. Hopefully he does go because obviously this is a big measuring stick and he shouldn't be shocked or concerned should he lose that match, assuming he puts up a good fight.
Michigan should feel fortunate to have had him for 18 years.
Don’t you mean 12 years ? 😉

Reactions: donboy6499
Kind of OT, but, does UM have a wrestling message board? I have looked and not found one. The only strictly wrestling message board I have seen are the Cesspool, NJRU (Rutgers) and the Guillotine (Minnesota).
Other boards:

Ok St

tOSU

Also, Ohio Wrestling forum (with a lot of tOSU talk)

I've never seen a Michigan wrestling forum.

IDK about Michigan.

Ohiowrestling.net is not officially an Ohio State board, but it may as well be, and it's a very good board.

Official predictions:

Davis: will press him down
Nagao: will press down, go for the gusto but ultimately not achieve it
Bartlett: will shoot the leg and achieve gusto
Kasak: will have a mat return but not get credit for a takedown but still press down
Haines: will press down with midsection in tow
Mesenbrink: will shoot the leg multiple times, go for the gusto and get the gusto
Starocci: gusto
Truax: will shoot the leg with the ankle in tow
Brooks: gusto
Kerkvleit: will shoot the leg two times and then press down, no gusto but very close to gusto
That all sounds fascinating, but can you tell me how many football tackles will be recorded tonight?

I am having a watch party for the match tonight. In Gibbons' honor, I am bringing my hips to the party.
Awkward Andy Richter GIF

My guess is, of the 15 kids that travel, 13 will wrestle this weekend and I bet Evans is one of them.

I just wish the match notes were slightly more liberal in this respect, if for nothing else than maintaining better KYPSW integrity. Why not list all the kids traveling as potentials?

Last edited:
Reactions: mcpat and Ski
I already messed up because I bought chips to the party and dips to the party but I forgot my hips.

I always thought it was Tim Johnson who was the mega Iowa homer. At the very least, it always looks like he's waiting for PSU to "fall back to the pack..."

Anyway--started watching this:

Literally the first thing Davison says is "[Coach Jackson's] attention to detail is next to none." That's funny right? I thought it was funny...

I always thought it was Tim Johnson who was the mega Iowa homer. At the very least, it always looks like he's waiting for PSU to "fall back to the pack..."

Anyway--started watching this:

Literally the first thing Davison says is "[Coach Jackson's] attention to detail is next to none." That's funny right? I thought it was funny...
In the days before the internet, Iowa Public Television was the go-to for wrestling. They covered not only Iowa, Iowa State, UNI but also national events like National Duals. They also sold VHS tapes of a lot of events. Gibbons and Johnson were the announcers for IPTv. I wouldn't say they are dinosaurs, but the new order has to be shocking to them.

Other than IPTv, Channel 39 used to broadcast Lehigh home matches (they were also carried on Channel 33 in Hershey). That was about it for wrestling television coverage.

I wrestled 103 in high school and talked my friend into wrestling he was about 180 we wrestled together all the time since he was new and we both got better he ended up being pretty good for wrestling just 1 yr!
What weight could you make now?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT