ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - MSU Game Thread

How many times was the psu dline held today? Felt there were at least 2 right in front of the ref.

Reactions: MacNit07
You're wrong- some here pray for losses so they can "validate" the idiocy they spout.

They’re dying for the Ohio State game. I think we’ll lose, but they’re going to revel in it because they “called” it

I watched every major published talking head figure label this a 4 loss team on average. Every optimistic fan was laughed at or ridiculed for saying that we have recruited good enough to do better.

Maryland was going to be tough.

Purdue is a trap.

Iowa at Kinnick at night is impossible.

Michigan is just too good for us.

Dantonio has our number.

Now, Minnesota is "undefeated and rolling" while the bye week is a pick 'em with heavy money coming in against us.

We are going to be favored here on out until the 'shoe, a game that we have zero shot of being favored in outside of Fields getting injured.

8-0. Still have not peaked. It's a great spot to be in. Our depth is the best it's ever been if you consider our rotations. Injury bug has been kind thus far. Fun team to watch.

I watched every major published talking head figure label this a 4 loss team on average. Every optimistic fan was laughed at or ridiculed for saying that we have recruited good enough to do better.

Maryland was going to be tough.

Purdue is a trap.

Iowa at Kinnick at night is impossible.

Michigan is just too good for us.

Dantonio has our number.

Now, Minnesota is "undefeated and rolling" while the bye week is a pick 'em with heavy money coming in against us.

We are going to be favored here on out until the 'shoe, a game that we have zero shot of being favored in outside of Fields getting injured.

8-0. Still have not peaked. It's a great spot to be in. Our depth is the best it's ever been if you consider our rotations. Injury bug has been kind thus far. Fun team to watch.
Yes, the posters who thought things were good were said to have blue and white colored glasses. New QB, losing Sanders and McSorley, untested receivers...we will be 8-4. Then when we win, it’s because our opponents suck and if we keep playing this way we will lose a bunch of games...well, we’re down to four games left and I keep reading all of our shortcomings are going to cost us a lot of games.

Ok, I get it and if Shelton spat on an opposing player so be it but Toney last week and Wade this week? I was watching in a crowded bar, were they legit calls? Last week seemed ticky tack when Toney was doing "air guns", what about today? legit?

Last edited:
Yes, the posters who thought things were good were said to have blue and white colored glasses. New QB, losing Sanders and McSorley, untested receivers...we will be 8-4. Then when we win, it’s because our opponents suck and if we keep playing this way we will lose a bunch of games...well, we’re down to four games left and I keep reading all of our shortcomings are going to cost us a lot of games.

I'll fully admit I thought 9-3 or 8-4 was likely. I didn't feel like we were tested until Iowa. Now we were and I'm sold. Yeah, we may go 2-2 in the final 4 but I also think we could go 4-0. This team is better than I thought. Kudos all around and kudos to those that thought 3-0 was likely during this stretch.

Reactions: fizzyskittles
Our passing game is? Game after game these guys are not often the target of Clifford's throws. Why? It has to suck busting your butt the entire game and very rarely getting a ball tossed your way, game after game. Hell Shorter is 6'4 230lb's. Big big target. I don't get it. Am I missing something?

Our passing game is? Game after game these guys are not often the target of Clifford's throws. Why? It has to suck busting your butt the entire game and very rarely getting a ball tossed your way, game after game. Hell Shorter is 6'4 230lb's. Big big target. I don't get it. Am I missing something?

Clifford is developing slowly.......

Reactions: BFPSU
Weather had a big i.pact on the offense stall ball. At least 3 dropped passes. Once it was clear MSU had nothing on offense to mount any kind of challenge I think they lost a bit of focus.

Thankfully we have a bye week to figure out how Shorter can have a bigger impact.
I thought this might be his day. He drew an interference penalty than made a nice catch. Nothing after that.

No

Ok, I get it and if Shelton spat on an opposing player so be it but Toney last week and Wade this week? I was watching in a crowded bar, were they legit calls? Last week seemed tacky tack when Toney was doing "air guns", what about today? legit?

In replay you can see that Shelton spat at the Michigan Stste player. He should have been kicked out, as he was.

Shorter to the rescue...apparently.

I'll fully admit I thought 9-3 or 8-4 was likely. I didn't feel like we were tested until Iowa. Now we were and I'm sold. Yeah, we may go 2-2 in the final 4 but I also think we could go 4-0. This team is better than I thought. Kudos all around and kudos to those that thought 3-0 was likely during this stretch.
I thought we'd lose at least 1 game between @Iowa, UN, & @ MSU so we're definitely ahead of what I expected.

I think we have a 66% chance to beat Minnesota & a 70% chance to beat Indiana but only 25% chance to beat OSU. They've dominated everybody they've played.

I’d like to reserve judgement on Shelton in case the lineman verbally went over the line.

But still, cmon man, you can’t spit on a guy. Things can be handled differently. I wonder if Franklin suspends him?

8-0, win on the road in terrible conditions, Franklin getting the MSU monkey off his pack, winning the fugly land grant trophy, all the momentum in the world going into the bye week and yet our fan base finds something to bitch about. I.hate.us.

Reactions: 81b&w
I thought we'd lose at least 1 game between @Iowa, UN, & @ MSU so we're definitely ahead of what I expected.

I think we have a 66% chance to beat Minnesota & a 70% chance to beat Indiana but only 25% chance to beat OSU. They've dominated everybody they've played.
So, how do you feel about Rutgers ?

Reactions: Storm at Sea
I’d like to reserve judgement on Shelton in case the lineman verbally went over the line.

But still, cmon man, you can’t spit on a guy. Things can be handled differently. I wonder if Franklin suspends him?
Verbal jawing would probably have drawn offsetting personal foul penalties at worse. Spitting at your opponent is beyond low. He deserved to get tossed and hopefully sits at least the next half. I don't care what the MSU player said to him.

This is beautiful. Two guys who have to resort to personal insults agree with each other but are incapable of recognizing that, so now one of them is insulting the other. Kudos to both of you!

Says the guy who hates Penn State but pretends to be a fan.

it is a pleasure watching you make a fool of yourself. I thank you.
Todd Blackledge never would have thrown a feeble "hail Mary" to the opponent down the middle of the field with no PSU receivers in sight. To do so requires a special level of non-intellect. You can probably relate to same.

I rest my case...do you desire to engage in a convo regarding Rahne and his "wisdom" for throwing when PSU should have been bleeding clock?

Last edited:
66 for MSU with yet another unpenalized late hit. I hate this conference and these refs. And then we get called for unsportsmanlike conduct?!?!

66 for MSU with yet another unpenalized late hit. I hate this conference and these refs. And then we get called for unsportsmanlike conduct?!?!

The only thing you haven't criticized is God for bringing the rain, but you still have time.

Bullshit they don’t, they just don’t get flagged for it.

Amazing how often PSU's b1g opponents are permitted to do the very things that these people say PSU should not, but for some reason the b1g clowns throw no flags on them. How about after the one INT, the Official watches a MSU OL comes in and clearly late-hit the PSU interceptor after he's tackled and laying on ground. The PSU player simply complains that it's a late hit and should be penalized and the clown throws a flag on the PSU player????

Reactions: AvgUser
Overall a very impressive game on the road. Clifford was especially good today.
Still have to be more consistent on O if we want a shot in Columbus.

I agree but Cain didn't get enough carries ... oh, sorry, my mistake, Cain got exactly the right mount of carries. Omar the tent maker bitched about it so much I thought he was right for a minute. He wasn't.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT