ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Villanova 2021 Game Thread!

Except Notre Dame has run 46 to 29 plays and has had the ball for 19 vs 12 minutes. Wisconsin is controlling nothing…

Really? Gee, I thought the football savants told us how great Wisconsin's OL and Offense was in general???? This against an awful ND offense that gave up big points against awful FSU and Toledo. LMAO, most of you tools are never wrong and want to have it 2 ways from Sunday depending on the circumstances. I'll take PSU's "big play" offense over Wisconsin's crap, plodding, zero production offense any day of the week! PSU's Offense is light years better than Wisconsin's as our win over them demonstrated.

Really? Gee, I thought the football savants told us how great Wisconsin's OL and Offense was in general???? This against an awful ND offense that gave up big points against awful FSU and Toledo. LMAO, most of you tools are never wrong and want to have it 2 ways from Sunday depending on the circumstances. I'll take PSU's "big play" offense over Wisconsin's crap, plodding, zero production offense any day of the week! PSU's Offense is light years better than Wisconsin's as our win over them demonstrated.
Lol ok

Parker promo.

MiDDzg.gif

Cain was in for the Dotson first play TD. Guessing they are resting him. Checking our other backs.

When Clifford is on he’s really on. Again only difference between Clifford an a elite QB is half a dozen bad throws and half dozen slow reads.

The way I see our RBs:

Cain is still not 100% and he might not ever get back to 100%. We really miss those 2-3 guaranteed yards that were characteristic of Cain before the injury.

Lee has some habits to break carrying the ball and is probably a little tentative while he works that out.

Not sure what's up with Ford. Is he still halfway in the doghouse? Looked good to me at RB when he had the chance.

Lovett is #1 but is only here for a year.

So we don't have that franchise back yet.

Reactions: VaLion'92
The way I see our RBs:

Cain is still not 100% and he might not ever get back to 100%. We really miss those 2-3 guaranteed yards that were characteristic of Cain before the injury.

Lee has some habits to break carrying the ball and is probably a little tentative while he works that out.

Not sure what's up with Ford. Is he still halfway in the doghouse? Looked good to me at RB when he had the chance.

They are coming. Singleton will bring JB/Sanders/Barkley type speed. Allen will be that wrecking ball like Cain was his freshman year.

The way I see our RBs:

Holmes?

I don't recall anybody saying Wisconsin's offense was great. Mertz struggled against PSU. Some talked about their tough RB.

Reactions: zubrus1
The way I see our RBs:

Singleton and Allen as true frosh -- Any chance either one of them get a chance?

Another transfer possibly?

And...what exactly was Cain's injury last year. He just flopped down on a scoring play for Pat Freiermuth...that whole series was strange.

Yeah, I think so.

I mean, we're not the coaches, but with Cain, Lee, and Ford already in the fold, and yet Sedar and Co. reaches out to get Lovett off the portal...one has to wonder if they know more than we do.

Sometimes when you have a lot of RBs, you never really have that 'one' starter. I mean, Mike Archie and Stephen Pitts were good complementary backs, but neither were workhorse backs.
I don't wonder, i know they know more than we do.....but i'm not a member of the BWI CAC.

Reactions: VaLion'92
I think Warren is going to be a star. Kid is just getting started. Love his blocking! Love his running! Wait till he starts catching passes.

The way I see our RBs:

Lee waits too long to make his cut. Too many times he is so indecisive that the defender is making contact with him as he tries fruitlessly to change direction and develop some power. No chance. He ends up looking like Peggy Fleming missing a triple axle and falling down to the ground.

If this keeps up Singleton will be our 2022 starting RB.

Last edited:
What, if anything, are we learning today other than an inability to run the ball?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT