ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Officially Official 2022 Big Ten Tournament Thread

157 QF: Berge vs Young

Berge with a hard snap off the whistle puts young on the mat. Young with a hard shot but Berge stuffs it at 1:40 to go. Young with a good shot at 0:30 to go but Berge blocks it. Berge takes a late deep shot but is stalemated. 0-0 after one.

Berge takes bottom. Out in 6 secs. 1-0 Berge. Berge shots from distance, gets out of position but returns to his feet. Berge with a slick go behind and TD. 3-0 Berge. Young escapes soon afterwards. 3-1 Berge. Period ends 3-1 Berge. 2 secs riding adv for Berge.

Young takes bottom. Out immediately. 3-2 Berge. Young shoots and is easily stuffed. No stall calls. 1:15 now to go. 1 min to go. Not much action. Berge shoots and finishes! 5-2 Berge! OOB 0:41 to go. Young escapes 0:32 to go. 5-3,Berge. Young takes a couple of shots. Berge gets called for stalling and Berge wins 5-3! Two TDs to none!

you guys put way too much stock in one exhibition freestyle match against meredith that he still lost. he's gotten better.

berge looks good. i think he'll beat young.

good-call-nice.gif

174 QF: Edsell vs Marinelli

Marinelli shoots, tries to get near side cradle but has to settle for just the TD. 2-0 Marinelli. Marinelli with a stall ride that is clearly not tough Iowa aggressive no-stalling wrestling. Edsell eventually earns an escape. 2-1 Marinelli. Edsell shoots and Marinelli gets behind on the counter and gets two. Marinelli back to a stall ride that you never see from Iowa. Marinelli finally tries a turn and Edsell almost reversed him to his back. Marinelli gives it up and Edsell gets the escape out of it. 4-2 after one.

Edsell takes bottom. Rideout by Marinelli with no attempted turns at all. 4-2 after two, riding time is secured.

Marinelli takes bottom. Marinelli earns a 10 sec escape. 5-2 Marinelli. No shots one minute to go. Edsell working hard ties. Marinelli gets front headlock, snaps it, gets Edsell off balance and earns a TD. With riding time it ends 8-2.

Edit: I know I was being sarcastic in that PBP but that last TD was vintage Marinelli. Really set it up well. If it was against any other team, I’d say you should watch it.

Last edited:
Reactions: creamery freak

2022 Big Ten Championships​

Team Standings
Team
Score​
# Wrestlers​
# Pigtails​
# QF​
# SF​
# Consi​
Max
Possible​
Penn State
52.5​
10​
4​
10​
5​
3​
235​
Iowa
40​
10​
5​
10​
4​
2​
236​
Michigan
29.5​
10​
7​
8​
3​
2​
240.5​
Northwestern
27.5​
10​
9​
7​
2​
5​
230.5​
Ohio State
25​
10​
8​
9​
2​
4​
231.5​
Wisconsin
24.5​
10​
9​
6​
2​
5​
230​
Nebraska
21​
10​
9​
7​
2​
4​
231.5​
Rutgers
15​
10​
10​
4​
1​
8​
219​
Purdue
13​
10​
10​
5​
1​
8​
216.5​
Minnesota
11​
10​
9​
4​
1​
6​
225​
Illinois
9​
10​
10​
1​
1​
9​
212​
Michigan State
6.5​
10​
10​
4​
8​
225.5​
Indiana
3​
10​
10​
3​
10​
211.5​
Maryland
2​
10​
10​
2​
10​
217​

Reactions: bapsu_1
I haven’t had time to say anything about it, but I didn’t think DH wrestled poorly. It was a typical close match by him. He gave up a technical violation and credit DeAugustino for his non-stop action from bottom. He was determined to get that escape and really earned it. DH got out of position in OT. It happens. I’m not worried.

Kemerer just took an injury TO for his shoulder..... Smith easily got escape after choosing down on restart..... 3-3 in 3rd.

I haven’t had time to say anything about it, but I didn’t think DH wrestled poorly. It was a typical close match by him. He gave up a technical violation and credit DeAugustino for his non-stop action from bottom. He was determined to get that escape and really earned it. DH got out of position in OT. It happens. I’m not worried.
I’m not too worried either. Drew just seems to find a way to AA at nationals.

Reactions: mcpat
Wow, Kemerer with the now infamous, “Iowa Timeout.” Avoids the takedown by bitching out and yelling about his hurt shoulder.
dude he was in deep on a leg when he called it. he was the one who was going to score. dude is held together by duct tape. clown.

Reactions: kingslayer_85
dude he was in deep on a leg when he called it. he was the one who was going to score. dude is held together by duct tape. clown.
Drink more kook aid. Dude screamed and laid down and his opponent went behind for a takedown. He then looked fine for the rest of the match. Dude is allowed to call timeout by yelling. Dick.

Reactions: Zukovski
Drink more kook aid. Dude screamed and laid down and his opponent went behind for a takedown. He then looked fine for the rest of the match. Dude is allowed to call timeout by yelling. Dick.
You realize that just because he jumped around after injury time was called doesn't mean he's entitled to any points, right?

Reactions: js8793
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT