ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Officially Official 2022 Big Ten Tournament Thread

Hildebrandt will be mat 1. First should be Kerk on mat 4.

HWT: Kerk vs Schrader

Kerk pushed ZS to mat and slowly goes behind for 2. Then turns him immediately on cross face and leg lace. It’s 6-0 really early. Kerk tilts for another 4 and it’s 10-0. No scoreboard but it can’t be a minute yet. Turns him again in cross face and it’s 14-0. Turns him again and this time gets the fall.

Wow. That was total domination.

To try to draw out JS opinion of their next 195. Any other questions?
not wowed. he's solid. upperweights, especially 197, are so hard to project. we see guys come from nowhere all the time and highly ranked guys come back to the pack. i really like high level athletes at that weight and i do like franklin's athleticism. can do the splits and some other nice stuff. we'll see what kind of jumps he can make.

one thing i really like is that he seems to love competing. wrestled in a bunch of college opens. is in iowa training with kueter. i think love for the sport is one of the most important indicators because those guys live in the room and love playing around and adding new stuff.

Some of our guys are going to be wrestling at the same time, so I’m going to miss a few PBP. We have Hildebrandt coming up on mat 1 and then Nick Lee on mat 1 after. RBY will be on mat 2. If someone can do RBY PBP, I’ll stay on mat 1.

not wowed. he's solid. upperweights, especially 197, are so hard to project. we see guys come from nowhere all the time and highly ranked guys come back to the pack. i really like high level athletes at that weight and i do like franklin's athleticism. can do the splits and some other nice stuff. we'll see what kind of jumps he can make.

one thing i really like is that he seems to love competing. wrestled in a bunch of college opens. is in iowa training with kueter. i think love for the sport is one of the most important indicators because those guys live in the room and love playing around and adding new stuff.
I do know Cael recruited him, how much money was he offered? I have no idea. Willie did say on The First Word, "PSU is just his dream school" a few times so maybe he was willing to come for free. But seeing how he was invited to take an OV with Mendez, Haines, Stewart, I doubt the purpose of that visit was to tell him he's not welcome lol.

Reactions: ccdiver
Heinselman did absolutely nothing for three periods. Someone should tell him the tournament is going on.

Reactions: diggerpup

Great reply. I’ll be honest, I’m more intrigued with Kuerter. If he goes strictly wrestling I think sky’s limit with him.

Reactions: hlstone and js8793
Not feeling great about Hildebrandt here and before I finished posting he got a reversal and has the RT edge.

Micic dead tired. Down 5-4 in third

So much for the God-awful, horrendous 2nd round draw SeaBass got as the 3 seed, instead of the 2 seed LMAO.... I do believe I posted as much to the absurd, crying Buttgers homer on the topic (i.e., claiming SeaBass drawing the #6 seed, rather than #7, because Micic was #6 was just a horrendously bad draw was a ridiculous claim given the way Micic has wrestled this year).

Reactions: johnstownsteel
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT