ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Officially Official 2022 Big Ten Tournament Thread

125 QF: D Hildebrandt (“DH”) vs M DeAugustino (“MD”)

DH stalking as per usual. DH the noticeably larger wrestler. DH shoots, but easily defended by MD. Not alot of action, just hand fighting. DH more aggressive. They’re not calling a lot of stalling from what I’ve seen. 0-0 after one.

MD takes bottom. MD gets to feet. DH aggressively tries to return, can’t but they go OOB. Happens a 2nd time but no stalling called. Two cautions on top (DH) now. Careful Drew. mad up again and DH returns him. They go OOB. Only 32 secs expired. MD up again and again. DH struggling to ride him. OOB. There might have been stalling called on DH. MB up again. Again OOB. 0:59. MD up again. Technical violation on DH gives MD a point. 1-0 MD. MD almost gets reversal but they go OOB. No change in control. MD up again and this time gets an escape. 0:28 to go. 2-0 MD.

DH takes bottom down 2-0, with two cautions and I think a stall warning. Gets reversal 15 secs in on standing switch. OOB. 2-2. Riding time is 1:18. DH able to keep MD down this time but OOB with 1:33 to go. There was an earlier stall warning on DH. MD up and out. 1:24 to go. 3-2 MD. Riding time is 1:36 for DH. DH half shot. Nothing. MD not doing much. MD called for stalling with 20 secs to go. 3-3 after regulation.

MD shoots… and finishes. MD beats DH 5-3 in SV. The technical violation was the difference.

Ugh. With McKee next could very well be two-and-out for Drew.

Edit: With 10 AQ at 125, I guess Drew will wrestle at least twice more anyway, but you get my drift.

Last edited:
Reactions: diggerpup
141 QF: Nick Lee vs Zargo

Lee with a single leg and quick finish. 2-0 Lee. Gets 2 on a tilt. 4-0 Lee with 1:40 to go in first. Almost gets another turn but just one swipe. OOB with a min to go. Lee flattens him out. Gets 4 more on another tilt. 8-0 now. Period ends. 2:18 RT.

NLee chooses neutral. Nick gets to a single near the edge, pulls him in, back trips for 2. 10-0 now. Lee with a tight waist. Breaks him down. Has him broken down almost whole period. Gets late tilt as time runs out. 2 more and it’s 14-0.

Zargo takes top. Lee immediately reversers and it’s a TF.

Berge in the hole on mat 1. Beau in the hole on mat 4. I’ll go to mat 4.

Edit: with Edsell following Berge on mat 1, I’ll go to mat 1 instead.

Last edited:
Hildebrandt losing made his backside run extremely tough. First he has McKee. If he wins he probably gets Ayala. If he gets by Ayala he most likely sees Schroder just to get to the 3rd place match. Does not look good. If he comes back he will have earned it

Reactions: diggerpup and Ski

2022 Big Ten Championships​

Team Standings
Team
Score​
# Wrestlers​
# Pigtails​
# QF​
# SF​
# Consi​
Max
Possible​
Penn State
25.5​
10​
4​
10​
2​
1​
246​
Michigan
22.5​
10​
7​
8​
2​
2​
242.5​
Northwestern
17.5​
10​
9​
7​
1​
4​
235​
Iowa
17​
10​
5​
10​
1​
1​
247.5​
Wisconsin
15.5​
10​
9​
6​
1​
5​
231​
Purdue
13​
10​
10​
5​
1​
6​
225.5​
Illinois
9​
10​
10​
1​
1​
9​
212​
Ohio State
9​
10​
8​
9​
2​
244.5​
Nebraska
7​
10​
9​
7​
3​
240​
Rutgers
7​
10​
10​
4​
7​
224.5​
Michigan State
6.5​
10​
10​
4​
7​
230​
Minnesota
4​
10​
9​
4​
6​
227​
Indiana
3​
10​
10​
3​
8​
220.5​
Maryland
2​
10​
10​
2​
8​
226​

D'Emilio getting off some good shots on Eirman just can't finish.

they really need to revisit reaction time this offseason because it's pretty ridiculous that nobody seems to apply it consistently. i have no problem with a rule that says that isn't a takedown. in fact, i don't think it should be. but that is the ONE position where "no reaction time" is supposed to apply. blockhus had established rear standing, bartlett rolled and his head clearly hits the mat with 1 second on the clock. unless the clock they're using is different, that should be a takedown and not a difficult call to make on replay. supporting point hits, immediate two. that's how it's supposed to be. just frustrating to see officials not follow their own rules.

good win for bartlett.
js8793, just FYI, the Rulebook states "hand", but doesn't mention "head": —HANDTOUCH TAKEDOWN. Rear standing neutral control only requires a hand-touch to award a takedown. Please note: Rear standing control is required in order to apply this rule. The hand-touch criteria may not be applied for takedowns being pursued while wrestlers are down on the mat

Can't keep Murin in the match. He's good. I don't like his style, but he finds ways to win.

Hate to see our guy lose at 125, but Kudos to NW and MSU. Those programs were left for dead a few years back and have really rebounded back to respectability.

Reactions: Parkland Fan
What was Murin's 3 point move?
Not that it made any difference Thomas was done and would have laid down in OT, but still?

Good win by Murin. Felt like Thomas had his opportunities, but he definitely fell off late.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT