ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2018 Phillies Thread.....

I'm sure Alfaro will get the day off. He's caught 231 pitches entering the 16th.

and once again, Alfaro is sloppy with a block, and allows a slider to scoot under him, so Dodgers on 2nd and 3rd, with 2 outs. And Valazquez with the K to end the inning, after falling behind 3-1 on the batter.

16th inning: Hernandez comes in to pitch for the Dodgers -- he's never pitched before in the bigs. Williams hits a shot to right center, but Bellinger with a snow-cone catch. Somehow, Valentin gets on 1st (I went to get a drink). Then Alfaro walks, so it's 1st & 2nd, and 1 out. Plouffe is up next. And Plouffe with a walk-off homer, as the Phils win 7-4. 5 hr. 55 minute game. That one wore me out. ;)

Glad I stayed up. They are fortunate to get that game in. They will wait all day to get the game in tomorrow. I checked the Dodger schedule, a make-up date won't be easy.

16th inning: Hernandez comes in to pitch for the Dodgers -- he's never pitched before in the bigs. Williams hits a shot to right center, but Bellinger with a snow-cone catch. Somehow, Valentin gets on 1st (I went to get a drink). Then Alfaro walks, so it's 1st & 2nd, and 1 out. Plouffe is up next. And Plouffe with a walk-off homer, as the Phils win 7-4. 5 hr. 55 minute game. That one wore me out. ;)
Thanks for the report, Tom. I made it to the 12th inning. Good win.

Looking at the box, I see Phillies used 9 pitchers, which can happen in a game like that. No Dominquez? Does he have a tweak?

Thanks for the report, Tom. I made it to the 12th inning. Good win.

Looking at the box, I see Phillies used 9 pitchers, which can happen in a game like that. No Dominquez? Does he have a tweak?

No, had a high labored pitch count on Monday and they wisely stayed away from using him.

Reactions: royboy
I made it all the way to the end. Of course I had an hour advantage over most of you!

Very entertaining game. Glad to see the Phillies are doing well.

Don't look now @TheGLOV but the Pirates have won 11 in a row and 13 out of 14.

Reactions: TheGLOV
I made it all the way to the end. Of course I had an hour advantage over most of you!

Very entertaining game. Glad to see the Phillies are doing well.

Don't look now @TheGLOV but the Pirates have won 11 in a row and 13 out of 14.

It all started after the Phillies beat the crap out of us at home!!

Reactions: Kmase21
Speaking of a late night, the Phils and Dodgers go again today starting at 12:35 EDT; quick turnaround.
Maybe Kapler did this but if I was the manager last night I'd have sent home Arrieta and everyone who had already played in and was removed from the game. Of course that would have been once extra innings were reached and there was no telling how long the game would last. With such a quick turnaround, the more fresh people the better. Why make them hang around until 1:00AM?

What is it with the Phils and errors behind Arietta? I've seen two of the goofiest throws in this game.

Jake is battling through it though. Knapp makes up for his throwing error with an RBI triple. Phils up 3-1.

Maybe Kapler did this but if I was the manager last night I'd have sent home Arrieta and everyone who had already played in and was removed from the game

I know Arrieta went home. I'm not sure about other players.

What is it with the Phils and errors behind Arietta? I've seen two of the goofiest throws in this game.

The Phils are a terrible defensive team. I believe they have the 2nd most errors in MLB. For whatever reason, they sure do seem to make a lot of errors when Arrieta is pitching. The throwing error that Valentin made would be embarrassing in T-ball. He's playing 2nd today, and had a routine grounder where he didn't need to rush the throw, and it was a good 5-10 yards to the home plate side of 1st base. Santana had absolutely no shot at making the catch for the out.

Back to the game -- Phils were cruising along, despite their 3 errors, with a 6-1 lead in the top of the 6th. The Dodgers with a 2-run HR by Muncy, to make it 6-3, Phils. The Phils bullpen could use a break, so it would be nice if Arrieta could grind out a few more innings.

Reactions: TheGLOV
7-3 final, Phils top the Dodgers, and thus win the series. Chase Utley played his last regular season game at CBP. There is a chance that he could play a postseason game at CPB, if the Phils were to get in, the Dodgers were to get, and the 2 teams met in the NL playoffs.

I know Arrieta went home. I'm not sure about other players.

The Phils are a terrible defensive team. I believe they have the 2nd most errors in MLB. For whatever reason, they sure do seem to make a lot of errors when Arrieta is playing. The throwing error that Valentin made would be embarrassing in T-ball. He's playing 2nd today, and had a routine grounder where he didn't need to rush the throw, and it was a good 5-10 yards to the home plate side of 1st base. Santana had absolutely no shot at making the catch for the out.

Back to the game -- Phils were cruising along, despite their 3 errors, with a 6-1 lead in the top of the 6th. The Dodgers with a 2-run HR by Muncy, to make it 6-3, Phils. The Phils bullpen could use a break, so it would be nice if Arrieta could grind out a few more innings.

Have you watched a Pirates game Tom?

We can't be that far behind or, should I say, ahead??

No, had a high labored pitch count on Monday and they wisely stayed away from using him.
A 4-out save for Dominquez today in the win over the Dodgers; no hits or runs, and 2 K, but he is giving up more walks recently, 2 today.

Seranthony is a key guy for the stretch run.

Agree with Ben Davis that Herrera is foolish to step out of the batters’ box when a pitch is on the way, conceding a strike. If Kapler has spoken about this I did not hear it. Anyone?

Sometimes he just acts very indifferent to the situation. Very skilled player but if he could just maintain his focus he could be great. I dislike his inattentiveness to the game. He needs benched just to create some urgency to playing time. Taking pitched off is very offensive to many players

Maybe Santana's heating up. Would be exactly what they need. Hoskins solo job and two-run shot by Santana in the first. Staked Ranger to a 3-0 lead top 1.
Modern baseball -- it's tied 4-4 after 4 innings, and every run has come from Home Runs.

Hoskins is an amazing streak power hitter. If he works on his game and his plate discipline, I can see him getting 40+ Homers in a season, and well over 100 RBIs.

Reactions: Victor E. Bell
Hopefully no trade for Adam Jones. We finally got enough at bats for Williams and he's producing. The outfield is hitting lights out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT