ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State v. Indiana Dual Thread (2/5/23)

Re-watch it. Carter shoved DJ’s head into the mat 2x after the whistle. The ref scolded him then. After the match he did it again. DJ responded at that point. Casey followed Carter into the locker room angrily and when he came out Cael went in visibly pissed. It was all Carter being a punk. I was embarrassed for PSU. The whole program is nothing but class but that guy.
100%. Carter was the problem today. Anybody thinking otherwise has fan blinders on.

Eventually, you all need to reckon with the god’s honest truth: Carter Starocci is a huge asshole. But he’s YOUR asshole and an incredible wrestler, so enjoy the product he puts on the mat.

Save your breath on defending him. It gets exhausting. Trust me, I went through it with Gilman and Desanto. Every sport has its villains. You guys finally have one!

Bushwood vs Madden Part Deux!

fight-couple.gif

What I'm hearing is likely a bunch of old, white, men telling the young gun how he should or should not behave, including just shut your mouth, act like you've been there before and "stay off the twitter".

Well, fellas, it's a new day and Twitter exists. Carter chose to talk smack on it, as some do, and he backed it up with a major decision. Washington wrestled a nice first period and then gassed and stalled his butt off to the point where it was simply ridiculous and a competent official would have stalled him out. In short, he had the opportunity to shut Carter up, on the mat, but he was incapable of doing so. Then, failing at that, he decided to act all tough and start some crap, after the whistle.

That's the long and short of it. Glad Carter is on my team and proud of his work ethic, drive, intensity and success. Don't change a bit, Carter. Not one bit.

WE ARE!!!
Can I like this more than once!!!!

Re-watch it. Carter shoved DJ’s head into the mat 2x after the whistle. The ref scolded him then. After the match he did it again. DJ responded at that point. Casey followed Carter into the locker room angrily and when he came out Cael went in visibly pissed. It was all Carter being a punk. I was embarrassed for PSU. The whole program is nothing but class but that guy.
Would not be surprised if Carter is held out of the lineup this Friday if the coaches were that upset. Sounds like it could be warranted. Putting self ahead of team is not a good look.

good luck getting the cult to see reality. it’s not enough for the team to be great. they all have to be choir boys too. cael would NEVER allow a jerk on his team you know….

What I'm hearing is likely a bunch of old, white, men telling the young gun how he should or should not behave, including just shut your mouth, act like you've been there before and "stay off the twitter".

Well, fellas, it's a new day and Twitter exists. Carter chose to talk smack on it, as some do, and he backed it up with a major decision. Washington wrestled a nice first period and then gassed and stalled his butt off to the point where it was simply ridiculous and a competent official would have stalled him out. In short, he had the opportunity to shut Carter up, on the mat, but he was incapable of doing so. Then, failing at that, he decided to act all tough and start some crap, after the whistle.

That's the long and short of it. Glad Carter is on my team and proud of his work ethic, drive, intensity and success. Don't change a bit, Carter. Not one bit.

WE ARE!!!
And you are telling Washington how he should or should not behave. Young kids do stupid things. I didn’t blame Carter for anything. Just said if you are gonna dish it out then you have to face the repercussions. You are the one blaming Washington for reacting. Old white man.

Reactions: js8793
good luck getting the cult to see reality. it’s not enough for the team to be great. they all have to be choir boys too. cael would NEVER allow a jerk on his team you know….
Starocci is a heel for sure. The trash talk isn’t my style, but typically harmless. I suspect the coaches will have something to say about the extracurriculars.

I’m not sure what his beef with Washington even is. It’s not like Washington did anything after his win 2 years ago. It’s confusing.

100%. Carter was the problem today. Anybody thinking otherwise has fan blinders on.

Eventually, you all need to reckon with the god’s honest truth: Carter Starocci is a huge asshole. But he’s YOUR asshole and an incredible wrestler, so enjoy the product he puts on the mat.

Save your breath on defending him. It gets exhausting. Trust me, I went through it with Gilman and Desanto. Every sport has its villains. You guys finally have one!

Typical bullshit from the troll - anyone who watched knows the Ref was 100% the problem. CJ Washington should have been stalled out of the match 5x over. How's the bullshit where the Ref blows the action dead when CJ Washington stood well OB while Starrocci is standing well inside the OB circle waiting for him to come back inside the ring and wrestle. CJ Washington simply stands OB and refuses to wrestle. Then after some time the Ref blows the action dead instead of calling stalling. You're so full of shit as per usual that CJ Washington entitled to get in Starrocci's face after pulling the wuss bullshit that he pulled. Why am I not surprised that you're on here defending bullshit illegal stalling - the diametric opposite of "wrestling" - yet again.

And you are telling Washington how he should or should not behave. Young kids do stupid things. I didn’t blame Carter for anything. Just said if you are gonna dish it out then you have to face the repercussions. You are the one blaming Washington for reacting. Old white man.
I'm an old, white man, indeed, won't deny that. I'm simply offering my opinion as are others. You disagree and that's perfectly fine. You may not have blamed Carter but others have been quite critical of him. Again, Washington had ample opportunity to kick Carter's butt during the match. He didn't.

On that note, I'm out on this one. Nothing more need be said, IMO.

On a slightly different note, just so you don't think I hate EVERY Iowa wrestler, I'm rooting for Warner to finish second to Max again at NCAAs. I'm not fond of his wrestling style, but he's always been a very classy guy. I also really kind of like Cassioppi as well. The others...well. Lol.

Typical bullshit from the troll - anyone who watched knows the Ref was 100% the problem. CJ Washington should have been stalled out of the match 5x over. How's the bullshit where the Ref blows the action dead when CJ Washington stood well OB while Starrocci is standing well inside the OB circle waiting for him to come back inside the ring and wrestle. CJ Washington simply stands OB and refuses to wrestle. Then after some time the Ref blows the action dead instead of calling stalling. You're so full of shit as per usual that CJ Washington entitled to get in Starrocci's face after pulling the wuss bullshit that he pulled. Why am I not surprised that you're on here defending bullshit illegal stalling - the diametric opposite of "wrestling" - yet again.
The childish name calling and disparaging of opposing wrestlers for the awful crime of getting tired is way more egregious and embarrassing than anything DJ Washington did today.

The childish name calling and disparaging of opposing wrestlers for the awful crime of getting tired is way more egregious and embarrassing than anything DJ Washington did today.

Really? Is that all he did was "get tired"? Gee, do tell me know-it-all, is it illegal to stand well outside the OB ring, while your opponent is well inside the ring, and refuse to wrestle while the match clock is running?

Really? Is that all he did was "get tired"? Gee, do tell me know-it-all, is it illegal to stand well outside the OB ring, while your opponent is well inside the ring, and refuse to wrestle while the match clock is running?
Sounds like your beef is with the officiating then.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Sounds like your beef is with the officiating then.

I thought all he did was "get tired"? I'm pretty sure he ILLEGALLY and INTENTIONALLY refused to wrestle - what does the Homer Ref entertaining his intentional illegal activity have to do with anything? Figures that you would defend the punk that intentionally and illegally refuses to wrestle while the match is in progress but aggressively gets in someone's face after the match is over. LMAO

I thought all he did was "get tired"? I'm pretty sure he ILLEGALLY and INTENTIONALLY refused to wrestle - what does the Homer Ref entertaining his intentional illegal activity have to do with anything? Figures that you would defend the punk that intentionally and illegally refuses to wrestle while the match is in progress but aggressively gets in someone's face after the match is over. LMAO
serious question: how old are you?

what’s great is how perfectly bushwood demonstrates the mindset and emotional maturity of a toddler.

“i am frustrated, therefore it’s not my fault when i lash out and start an altercation.”

You're such a moron - Washington started the post-match altercation. Washington got in Starrocci's face at the center, not the opposite. Maybe if you kept your facts straight troll.

When the whistle blew, it was Washington who got up in Carter's face and started all the activity after the match. You only need to watch it to see that. You're simply wrong.
Geez, you double down way too often. Give yourself a pat for standing your ground in general, but realize that you have less information than some on this one …

You need to take the @jmadden1998 approach to bushwood. You'll notice that most of the consistent posters here don't engage with him, although we will joke about him. We've all learned our lesson.
i really want to know how old he is. he’s a genuine curiosity to me.

You need to take the @jmadden1998 approach to bushwood. You'll notice that most of the consistent posters here don't engage with him, although we will joke about him. We've all learned our lesson.
It’s hard. He’s like the baby wildebeest separated from the herd. So easy to attack. However, he never dies like they do on the Discovery channel.

It’s hard. He’s like the baby wildebeest separated from the herd. So easy to attack. However, he never dies like they do on the Discovery channel.
I was thinking a chihuahua that nips your heel when you turn your back.

Last edited:

I will agree with the Gilman and Starocci comparisons. Not the Desanto. Desanto was way different.

I will share a story. I didn't know much about UFC 5 years ago. A cute wrestling mom invited me over to watch an event. I didn't know one guy competing, except for Connor McGregor(sp?). Connor was a trash talker before the match. Then performed his best during the match. And respected his oppenent after. Later in his career he said that's his plan.

Hype, work, respect. That's how to make money in the combat game.

That is exactly what Carter did for this match.

Selfish

You're putting yourself ahead of the team with that kind of behavior. A penalty point today would have made no difference in the outcome, but as a coach, you can't have a loose cannon who might go off at the wrong time.

Carter will likely meet Washington again, possibly at NCAAs; he needs to bury the hatchet now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT