ADVERTISEMENT

PSU - Nebraska 2020 Dual Thread

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
Please use this thread for pre-match, in-match, and post-match discussions. If responding to another post, please use the Quote function.

Once again, I'm iffy for PBP. I probably will available early in the match -- just don't know if I'll be able to do all matches.

The details:

When:
7 pm EST

Where:
@ Nebraska

TV:
BTN

Video Streaming:
Fox Sports App

Audio Streaming:
Byers's PBP will be streamed for free. The pre-match show starts at 6:40 pm EST, and the match will be at 7 pm EST. You can access the audio stream at:

https://gopsusports.com/watch/?Live=628&type=Live

Should be a good dual

PSU still not listing a wrestler at 149/57 in trackwrestling but looks like full lineups for both at the other weights. No idea what to make of the unknowns.

https://www.trackwrestling.com/seas...nftsjsoprr&dualId=5712877132&teamId=595533135

125: Edwin Thomsen (Nebraska) vs. Brandon Meredith (Penn State)
133: Ridge Lovett (Nebraska) vs. Roman Bravo-Young (Penn State)
141: Chad Red (Nebraska) vs. Nick Lee (Penn State)
149: Collin Purinton (Nebraska) vs. Unknown
157: Peyton Robb (Nebraska) vs. Unknown
165: Isaiah White (Nebraska) vs. Vincenzo Joseph (Penn State)
174: Mikey Labriola (Nebraska) vs. Mark Hall (Penn State)
184: Taylor Venz (Nebraska) vs. Aaron Brooks (Penn State)
197: Eric Schultz (Nebraska) vs. Shakur Rasheed (Penn State)
285: Christian Lance (Nebraska) vs. Seth Nevills (Penn State)

4 straight hours of wrestling coming up! Hell's yeah
My vision of sporting hell - sitting down for a big dual on BTN, but, wait, a women’s basketball game is on. It goes 7 overtimes and 74 time outs are called. The game ends 1:45 into the wrestling time slot, but they break for coaches interviews and a studio wrap. They send us to Carver Hawkeye just in time to hear Shane Sparks breathlessly declare - “THAT WAS THE GREATEST DUAL IN WORLD HISTORY!!!!”

Really excited for this dual. Every single bout is a great challenge for our guys and almost any single outcome seems within the realm of possibility. It would be reasonable, if a bit of a stretch, to predict a PSU shutout if Berge. It would also be reasonable, if a bit of a stretch to predict a Nebraska win.

Nebraska is talented, solid and very well coached and I assume hungry after last week. Should be a really exciting battle!

Bo Pipher is the last missing piece which may very well be the postseason lineup?

Edit: Track says Pipher, Byers says Gardner. We will see soon enough

Chertow doing the PBP on BTN

125: Brandon Meredith vs. Alex Thomsen

Per 1
Nothing thru 1:30, except they went OOB 1 time. Meredith with a half-hearted reach for a Hi-C, nothing. Thomsen with a reach, nothing. Stall call on Meredith as they went OOB with 32 sec. End. Neither guy close to a TD

Per 2
Thomsen takes bottom. He's up and gets the esc in 4 sec, 0-1. Thomsen with a duck or double attempt, but Meredith had a head lock, nothing. Meredith shoots from ways outside, Thomsen counters, nothing. Meredith really has worked the head this match. Thomsen nearly a body lock, Meredith backs away, close to the edge. End.

Per 3
Meredith takes bottom. He slowly comes to a 3-point stance, then to his feet, and is cut in about 18 sec, 1-1. Meredith with a head outside single, Thomsen funks with him, and a stalemate with 52 sec left. Meredith nearly gets a leg, nothing. Then Thomsen shoots, nothing. 20 sec left. End

SV-1
Thomsensen shoots and drives in and gets behind for the TD. 1-3

3-0, Nebraska

Chertow not a natural announcer but he oozes technical knowledge and I am willing too listen.

HOLY SMOKES!!

If Chertow says HOLY SMOKES one more time, I'm putting my fist thru the windshield... or maybe an illegal fist to the back.

Reactions: Crunched
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT