ADVERTISEMENT

PSU - Ohio State Dual Thread

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
Please use this thread for pre-match, in-match, and post-match discussions.

When: 8:30 pm EST, 2/8

Where: @ Ohio State

TV: BTN

Video Streaming: BTN2go

Audio Streaming: Byers radio PBP can be accessed at:

https://gopsusports.com/watch/?Live=244&type=Live

I'm good for PBP in the thread.

Sorry for the late posting of this thread.

We Are ...

ready to wrestle

... Penn State!!!

I didn't hear the pre-match show. Any confirmation on which PSU wrestlers are going tonight?

Tom Ryan tells Shane Spartks that he sees it 5-5 and feels they can win if they get 18 team points tonight.

133: RBY vs. Luke Pletcher

Interesting matchup. Pletcher is tough to score on. RBY has great speed.

Per 1
RBY tries a throw-by, nothing. RBY has the knee wrapped. Fletcher tries to get in on a single, nothing. Nothing thru 1 min. Fletcher tries again, doesn't get close. RBY with a reach, but blocked. Pletcher tried a duck, nothing. Nothing thru 2 min. RBY with a single shot, nothing. End

Per 2
RBY takes bottom. He's to his feet, and out in 7 sec, 1-0. Collar ties. Stalemate with 1:11 left. Fletcher tries to get behind, nothing. Pletcher's tie-ups seem to be frustrating RBY. End. Nobody close to a TD. RT @ 7 sec for Pletcher (I think)

Per 3
Pletcher up to his feet and out in 6 sec, or there about, 1-1. Byers says RT is 0. RBY nearly gets a leg, nothing. Fletcher tries a duck, nothing. 1 min left. Fletcher tried to shoot, RBY scoots away. 30 sec left. RBY tries to get behind late, but nothing. End

OT
Pletcher shoots a double, but RBY stands him up, nothing. 30 sec left. Fletcher gets a leg, RBY rolls as they hit the mat, nothing. End. Great D by RBY

TB
RBY is down. He rolls, and is out in 7 sec, 2-1. End. No shots by either

TB
Pletcher is down. Fletch up quickly, but they go OOB with 22 sec left. Pletch up, but RBY maintains control. Stall warning with 8 sec left and a stoppage. RBY holds on, and wins 2-1!!!!

3-0, PSU

That was big for PSU at 133. But then he loses a team point for spiking the headgear. Dumb, but still a big win.

Reactions: diggerpup
Can anyone tell me listening to it on the radio while driving and got it DVRd at home. Was the headgear something to lose a team point over?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT