3 Kendall Coleman Purdue Junior
4 Austin O’Connor North Carolina Senior
5 Josh Humphreys Lehigh Senior
6 Bryce Andonian Virginia Tech Junior
7 Ed Scott NC State Sophomore
8 Will Lewan Michigan Junior
9 Trevor Chumbley Northwestern Sophomore
10 Jacob Wright Wyoming Senior
By March, I'm confident he hangs with 5 on down. This kid is just now getting his feet wet.

Reactions: nitlion6
165: MLee vs Hamiti

Lee has Hamiti’s leg up in the air… for awhile now…. For a long while now…. Finally gets the finish. 2-0 MLee. Hamiti escapes. They’re trading shots and reshots and Hamiti gets a TD. 3-2 Hamiti. Hamiti rides MLee out, although MLee got to his feet twice. 3-2 Hamiti after one with 0:45 RT.

MLee chooses bottom. MLee escapes after 50 secs. 3-3. Hamiti TD and a cradle. 4-pt NF makes it 9-3 Hamiti. Stalling on MLee. 9-3 Hamiti after two with 2:32 RT.

Hamiti takes bottom. Escapes. 10-3 Hamiti. TD Hamiti. 12-3. RT secured. Let’s him up. 12-4. TD Hamiti. 14-4. Let’s him up. 14-5. Stalling on MLee and that’s a point for Hamiti. Stalemate on a scramble. It’s 15-5. TD Hamiti. Let’s him up. It’s 18-6 with the riding point.

12-12.

Last edited:
Reactions: hlstone
Couple of observations at the halfway point:

1) My god am I glad Tim Johnson isn’t broadcasting this match. Listening to him stumble over his words throughout the Indiana vs OSU was rough.

2) Beau looks like he’s finally getting more comfortable on his feet. He was hammering that single all match.

3) Steen has the grit, but just looked overpowered against Burnett.

4) Jim Gibbons is very good at slyly injecting comments. Example: At the end of the Gomez/SVN match, he subtly slid in his comment about how Gomez should’ve been hit for stalling again before quickly following it up with other comments about the match

Reactions: mcpat
174: Starocci vs Otto

Nothing through a minute. Single leg and quick TD. 2-0 Starocci. OOB. 1:25 to go. 12 secs RT. Let’s him up. 2-1. Starocci sweet TD. 4-1. Let’s him up. 4-2. Single leg and quick finish. 6-2 after one. 0:29 RT.

Otto chooses bottom. Escape after 22 secs. TD Starocci another very quick finish. 8-3 now. Lets him up. 8-4. Duck underTD. 10-4. Lets him up. Another duck under TD. 12-5 after two. 1:55 RT.

Starocci takes bottom. Quick escape. 13-5. TD on snap down and go behind. 15-5. Stalling point for Starocci. Lets him up. 16-6 now. Riding secured. Double leg TD. 18-6. Lets him up. 18-7. Single to double. TD. 20-7. Fleeing against Otto. 21-7. Lets him up. 21-8. Can’t get last TD before buzzer. 22-8 final with riding point.

16-12 PSU

Last edited:
Does anyone think Carter just enjoys 7 minute matches where he wins by 13-14? It's the worst kind of bonus but I think he just enjoys it. He wants the opponent to feel demoralized.

184: Brooks vs Dow

Nothing through a minute. Brooks with a couple underhooks. Ankle pick TD. 2-0 Brooks. Arm bar… nothing. Tilt makes it 6-0 Brooks. 1:34 riding adv after one.

Brooks chooses bottom. Reversal in 10 secs. 8-0 now. Arm bar then a half. Wow - Otto got out of it. 4 pt NF. 12-0. Turns him again but again Otto somehow avoids the pin. It’s a 2nd period TF.

21-12 PSU.

I apologize if this offends anyone, but Gibbons has actually been listenable tonight. Jeesh , can't believe I said that. Sparks is fun as usual.
Iowa had Marinelli (his wife was probably over his shoulder scowling) and Kaleb young.. it was atrocious!!

Reactions: ccdiver and 1AA
I know it’s alway reported and shared that Cael beats on his wrestlers in the room. But I can’t imagine Carter doesn’t give him everything and maybe even gets him sometimes. So strong, fast, and smart.

174: Starocci vs Otto

Nothing through a minute. Single leg and quick TD. 2-0 Starocci. OOB. 1:25 to go. 12 secs RT. Let’s him up. 2-1. Starocci sweet TD. 4-1. Let’s him up. 4-2. Single leg and quick finish. 6-2 after one. 0:29 RT.

Otto chooses bottom. Escape after 22 secs. TD Starocci another very quick finish. 8-3 now. Lets him up. 8-4. Duck underTD. 10-4. Lets him up. Another duck under TD. 12-5 after two. 1:55 RT.

Starocci takes bottom. Quick escape. 13-5. TD on snap down and go behind. 15-5. Stalling point for Starocci. Lets him up. 16-6 now. Riding secured. Double leg TD. 18-6. Lets him up. 18-7. Single to double. TD. 20-7. Fleeing against Otto. 21-7. Lets him up. 21-8. Can’t get last TD before buzzer. 22-8 final with riding point.

16-12 PSU
Owned by Carter.

811551260.ottospubbrewerystatecollege.jpg

You can tell AB and Star are being instructed to work on stuff today. Star looked a few times to the corner in the match to see instructions. AB definitely is working on mat wrestling (rather than takedown drilling)

Reactions: mcpat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT