ADVERTISEMENT

2021-2023 Transfer Portal news

Status
Not open for further replies.
823 did robbie beat the crap out of a wrestler on the mat that is your relative or someone you personally know? Seems like a real vendetta against him.

It's doubtful there ever will be one and If there is he probably won't last through it...face it...some athletes are made of glass...just how it is.
giphy.gif

The ignore button is a valuable feature. Please use it on trolls. Perhaps we could have one for threads that just are beyond some members' interests. I really enjoy most of the content on this board, but don't want to spend excessive time scrolling past posts or threads that don't add to my appreciation of the sport of wrestling.

Griffith is going to Michigan. Truax is going to Penn State and so is a really good 125 pounder who I am going to keep secret for awhile 😉
So does that mean u guys are giving up on Howard w/ this really good 125 pounder??

... Frank Molinaro, James English and many others who went on to success...give Gary some time.
Fair enough, I plan to give Gary 3 more years, durning which time I will try to remain cautiously optimistic. In the mean time we need a different 125.

Last edited:
Reactions: Antaeus
Sorry, psucup1. Ramos is my guess for 125 transfer rumor. Personally, I’d rather see him stay at Purdue and I’d rather see the guys already in the room develop to battle with Ramos at B1G and NCAA
Intersting thing about Ramos is he won his first 3 matches at the tourney by 1 point until he pinned Lee. Great tourney for sure. I wouldn't complain if he transferreed in, but I'd roll with Steen/Howard.

Sorry, psucup1. Ramos is my guess for 125 transfer rumor. Personally, I’d rather see him stay at Purdue and I’d rather see the guys already in the room develop to battle with Ramos at B1G and NCAA
Is there really a transfer rumor, or just gunsie being gunsie?

Intersting thing about Ramos is he won his first 3 matches at the tourney by 1 point until he pinned Lee. Great tourney for sure. I wouldn't complain if he transferreed in, but I'd roll with Steen/Howard.
I was rewatching some matches yesterday, and it did occur to me that Ramos seemed to invest it all into beating Spencer.

But holy crap, was it glorious. The sustained roar of the crowd, Burroughs and Gibbons competing on the call, the even bigger roar of the crowd when the fall was called, and all the announcers exclaiming/shouting over one another such that nothing was intelligible . . . just pure bedlam, and pure joy from Ramos and the Purdue corner.

Moments like that are priceless.

How many posting here saw Ramos first match with Lee in the Iowa/Purdue dual? Ramos went out and just let it rip and nearly got Lee that time too. He has the makings of a really exciting guy to watch. I don’t know how often he wrestles like that, but he’s definitely got my attention.

I said after Spencer lasted a full match against McKee and got thrown by Ramos in the first, I didn't think it'd happen at the college level but the way to beat him is to take him to the third THEN hit a big move when he's too tired to fight out. You could be up by 12 on Spencer and he can close that very quickly. Ramos only giving up 4NF in the 2nd when Spencer chose top was huge.

and some people here are made of shredded glass!give the kid a break and quit being a jerk!
I am giving him a break. In fact I think if he wasn't INJURY PRONE he stands on the podium next season maybe even top 4...However he IS injury prone and has been injured now for 80 percent of his college career.

Reactions: NCPsuFan
How many posting here saw Ramos first match with Lee in the Iowa/Purdue dual? Ramos went out and just let it rip and nearly got Lee that time too. He has the makings of a really exciting guy to watch. I don’t know how often he wrestles like that, but he’s definitely got my attention.

He didn't do very much in the finals. But yes, hats off to him for slaying the dragon.

So if it’s Ramos(or another elite 125) what do u guys do with Howard?? Howard goes up to 133??

So if it’s Ramos(or another elite 125) what do u guys do with Howard?? Howard goes up to 133??
If and that’s a HUGE if, that would make the most sense. With RBY gone 133 is the biggest question mark with no real answers. People say Bartlett goes down, others say maybe Evans can make 133. Maybe a transfer or possibly Ryan Sullivan. Point I’m making is that no one has a clue but if Gunsie actually pulls one out of his ass and gets it right that a 125 is transferring in then Howard will probably go 133.

Reactions: District four
If and that’s a HUGE if, that would make the most sense. With RBY gone 133 is the biggest question mark with no real answers. People say Bartlett goes down, others say maybe Evans can make 133. Maybe a transfer or possibly Ryan Sullivan. Point I’m making is that no one has a clue but if Gunsie actually pulls one out of his ass and gets it right that a 125 is transferring in then Howard will probably go 133.

"People". There are two idiots on here that insist on Bartlett going to 133.

PSU doesn't need any transfer to win again next year, but a Truax transfer would make it almost unthinkable that anyone else threatens for the team title. It would also give Truax his best chance at becoming a National Champion as an individual. 125/133 are not needed from a tournament standpoint, but if Howard isn't healthy it would make for some more intesting dual meet scores. I'm still hoping Robbie Howard is healthy and can finally show off his talents. Top 5 guy at 125.

Do we have any expectations for Betancourt (assuming the two lightweight classes are not actually Ramos & Bartlett, LOL)? How good of a recruit was he? Does he have at least NQ potential?

Reactions: johnstownsteel
I was rewatching some matches yesterday, and it did occur to me that Ramos seemed to invest it all into beating Spencer.

But holy crap, was it glorious. The sustained roar of the crowd, Burroughs and Gibbons competing on the call, the even bigger roar of the crowd when the fall was called, and all the announcers exclaiming/shouting over one another such that nothing was intelligible . . . just pure bedlam, and pure joy from Ramos and the Purdue corner.

Moments like that are priceless.
Bringing back those memorable crowd roar moments of Schalles/Chatman.

Do we have any expectations for Betancourt (assuming the two lightweight classes are not actually Ramos & Bartlett, LOL)? How good of a recruit was he? Does he have at least NQ potential?
I don’t remember but think he was a Gary Steen type recruit maybe even ranked lower. Personally, I don’t discount PA kids ever. Lol. What can I say.. I’m a homer.

Reactions: hlstone
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT