ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Senior worlds September 16-24

I’ve seen pics of Bartlett, Facundo and Van Ness in the airport going to Germany.Assuming training partners for Nick, Zain and I guess Dake? Would have thought Nolf or Carter would’ve been there for Dake. Good to see Facundo getting that experience. Haven’t seen or heard anything from Carter. Wonder if he done with college.

Reactions: mcpat
I’ve seen pics of Bartlett, Facundo and Van Ness in the airport going to Germany.Assuming training partners for Nick, Zain and I guess Dake? Would have thought Nolf or Carter would’ve been there for Dake. Good to see Facundo getting that experience. Haven’t seen or heard anything from Carter. Wonder if he done with college.
Facundo is definitely the training partner that’s going with Dake.

Carter was signing autographs with AB & RBY at a spikes game last week. still have to redeem my rain check for his bobble head. I still have a gut feeling that he’s in for at least this season if not, also next year.

For personal enrichment, I made a Google Calendar of Flo's schedule for Freestyle (M & W) Worlds (Sorry, @CropDuster507 I'll do Greco when I get a chance). Figured, why not share if folks could use it. I had to guess at the session lengths, and my guesses are pretty random, but the start times, I hope, are correct. If anyone sees any errors, or hears of changes, hit me up, and I'll fix it and/or add your google handle as an editor.

View it:

Add to your own digital Calendar:
(right-click the link above and copy to import into your own gCal, Outlook, etc if you want)

*Edit* Updated links per feedback below

Last edited:
For personal enrichment, I made a Google Calendar of Flo's schedule for Freestyle (M & W) Worlds (Sorry, @CropDuster507 I'll do Greco when I get a chance). Figured, why not share if folks could use it. I had to guess at the session lengths, and my guesses are pretty random, but the start times, I hope, are correct. If anyone sees any errors, or hears of changes, hit me up, and I'll fix it and/or add your google handle as an editor.

(right-click the link above and copy to import into your own gCal, if you want)
This is really helpful, thanks Nerf.

I can see the calendar but I can't import it using that URL, it's not recognizing it. Can you export as an .ICS file?

I'm pretty sad about no Sidakov. Will he and Dake EVER have a bout? I guess 2024 would be a good guess, but hoping Nolf or Carter takes the slot for USA....

Thank you. I’ve been super busy but will finish them up by Friday. UWW changing their site has been a pain in the ass though
Justin Basch & Eric Olanowski were going at it yesterday about the russian fiasco/status quo on Muskbook. I felt like chiming in that the real uww communications flub was pulling the coolest international freestyle resource of all time a week before worlds. I can only guess it was too expensive to maintain all that data, but man it was cool to have for a little bit.

Reactions: zzs006
The NLWC is getting pretty good about uploading content. This short clip from Belgrade is also a good reminder of how much all-time talent they've managed to assemble in one room. It's also impressive how they've brought along training partners from the current team.

The NLWC is getting pretty good about uploading content. This short clip from Belgrade is also a good reminder of how much all-time talent they've managed to assemble in one room. It's also impressive how they've brought along training partners from the current team.

No one on the planet can touch this organization right now. Epic!!!

Reactions: PSU Yinzer
Sucks that Snyder/Sadulaev will be a semi. Taylor-Yazdani and Dake-Sidakov should be electric finals. Looks like 125kg was seeded well. Should be great semis! Zain with a good draw. Vito with a pretty good draw too.
Dake will have to avenge his shocking Olympic loss in his semi, but that's OK w/ me, and I bet extra-OK w/ him.

I put the brackets into a single file for easier printing:

Listening to Basch & Willie break down the brackets now on Rokfin. Some wrinkles this year:
  • True 5th matches at Olympic matches to qualify the weight.
  • I guess recent medalists at non-olympic weights will have a chance at challenging for the Pan-Am games slot to qualify the weight. Will have to find that language to fully understand it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT