ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Senior worlds September 16-24

If the IOC said, "We'll go to 8 weight classes for men's and women's FS if we eliminate Greco", I'd sign up for that in a heartbeat. An overall loss of wrestlers but the current weight classes for FS are just spread too far apart.

Greco is just a bad, boring product.
So is equestrian and archery, but some people love it and the Olympics is the place to have it. What if they decided to add a few more horse activities and drop wrestling. That would suck. Let the Greco guys follow a dream also.
Adding FS weights is an idea I am totally behind, but I am not willing to use the dreams of other people and athletes as a bargaining chip. JMHO

Who’s the better NFL coach - Belicheck or Rich Kotite?

I mean. I’m exaggerating for effect, but let’s get serious here.
I don't know. It turned out that Belichick's coaching excellence was his incredible strategy of having Tom Brady be his quarterback. And at the end of the day, he forced Brady out, so even his judgment on that point is questionable. Now he's no better than anyone else. If Kotite had Brady, everyone would be calling him a mastermind.

So is equestrian and archery, but some people love it and the Olympics is the place to have it. What if they decided to add a few more horse activities and drop wrestling. That would suck. Let the Greco guys follow a dream also.
Adding FS weights is an idea I am totally behind, but I am not willing to use the dreams of other people and athletes as a bargaining chip. JMHO

I like archery and watched quite a bit.

I don't know. It turned out that Belichick's coaching excellence was his incredible strategy of having Tom Brady be his quarterback. And at the end of the day, he forced Brady out, so even his judgment on that point is questionable. Now he's no better than anyone else. If Kotite had Brady, everyone would be calling him a mastermind.
Highly doubtful on Kotite. I mean, yeah, he might win 1 SB - like Barry Switzer before he drove an insanely talented Cowboys team off a cliff, or a Larry Coker at Miami who was able to win an MNC with the greatest collection of college talent I’ve ever seen that he inherited from Butch Davis, but then he’d turn that hill of gold into a dung heap.

I will not stand for any defense of Richie Kotite on this board :D

he also dropped Kosar when at Cleveland

Elor coming up now. Wins here and she will only need to win U23’s to have back to back triple world titles. Incredible

She will be wrestling Enkh Amar from Mongolia. Immediately into a tie up but Mongolia with the underhook. Super hard handfighting and Mongolia seems to be matching Elors strength. That is until Amit gets her underhook where she takes ground and gets 1 for a step out. Mongolia goes on the clock right afterwards as well. 2-0 Elor now. Over under position and Elor drives her again. 3-0. Mongolia goes head lock on the edge and it was semi close. Called a slip. 3-0 at the break. I HATE the slip rule. It’s so dumb and just bails people out

Right back to the tie ups and and as soon as Amit gets her underhook Mongolia tries a half hearted shot that Amit runs behind for 2. 5-0. Mongolia gets a Td but Elor continues wrestling and comes out on top for a reversal. 6-2. 1:00. This match is all about who is able to get the underhook. When Mongolia is able to she does well but when Amit digs hers she completely controls the action. Blood time. On the restart Elor gets a Td off a desperate attempt from Mongolia and that’s how it ends. 8-2 Elor and she does it again!! Senior world champion for the second straight year

Last edited:
Elor coming up now. Wins here and she will only need to win U23’s to have back to back triple world titles. Incredible

She will be wrestling Enkh Amar from Mongolia. Immediately into a tie up but Mongolia with the underhook. Super hard handfighting and Mongolia seems to be matching Elors strength. That is until Amit gets her underhook where she takes ground and gets 1 for a step out. Mongolia goes on the clock right afterwards as well. 2-0 Elor now. Over under position and Elor drives her again. 3-0. Mongolia goes head lock on the edge and it was semi close. Called a slip. 3-0 at the break. I HATE the slip rule. It’s so dumb and just bails people out

Right back to the tie ups and and as soon as Amit gets her underhook Mongolia tries a half hearted shot that Amit runs behind for 2. 5-0. Mongolia gets a Td but Elor continues wrestling and comes out on top for a reversal. 6-2. 1:00. This match is all about who is able to get the underhook. When Mongolia is able to she does well but when Amit digs hers she completely controls the action. Blood time. On the restart Elor gets a Td off a desperate attempt from Mongolia and that’s how it ends. 8-2 Elor and she does it again!! Senior world champion for the second straight year
She's incredible. If she wins the Olympics next year, she'll already be an all-timer at 20 years old!

Not doubting you ZZ, but I thought she won Cadet, JR, 23 and Worlds last year. How many freakin titles does she have now?!?

She looked like she was about to cry right after she won, and after Steiner handed her the flag. Hopefully she's overcome with *good* emotions.

Now: 68 or 76kg?

There are some really amazing women wrestlers right now. I’m not sure who the best p4p women is. For men I think it’s clearly DT with Sadulaev and Dake losing and Sidakov losing earlier this year. The women’s is much tougher though. I see it being between Elor, Fujinami, and Susaki. Fujinami is only 20 and has won 110+ matches in a row. She hasn’t lost since 2017 when she was in middle school!! Susaki is 24 and now has 4 world titles as well as an Olympic title. At the Olympics she didn’t give up a single point. She has never lost an international match but she did lose to her teammate in 2019 at trials and didn’t make the team that year. It’s pretty much the only blemish on her record that also includes 3 cadet world golds, 2 junior world golds, and 1 U23 gold. I’m pretty sure we all know Elors credentials at this point. All 3 were dominant this week, blowing most of their competition out of the water. Susaki gave up 3 points total this tournament, Elor gave up 4 points, and Fujinami gave up 7 all coming in 1 match that she won 16-7. Fujinami still has her finals match to come though. I’ll be a US homer and pick Elor as the best but you really can’t go wrong with any of them. The best part is that all 3 are so young so we will have many years to watch and debate their greatness

Fujinami just won her finals match with a 10-0 tech. Outstanding wrestling

Last edited:
Gonna go out on a limb here: if Belichick had Randall Cunningham plus that monstrous defense, that team wouldn't have imploded.

She looked like she was about to cry right after she won, and after Steiner handed her the flag. Hopefully she's overcome with *good* emotions.

I really hope she can make 68kg because it’s much better team wise if she can. 76kg is by far the deepest and toughest weight in the US so adding her to the mix would just make it so world champions and world champion level talent would be watching from home. I’m hoping that Elor will be our rep at 68kg and Blades will be our rep at 76kg. That’s 2 golds right there

Reactions: Split shot
Amit Elor has the potential to wrestle in at least four Olympic cycles as she will only be 32 for the 2036 Olympics (for comparison, Adeline and Helen will be 33 and 32 respectively for the 2024 Olympics). By my calculations she also potentially has 17 total senior and age group world championships and Olympics available to her during that time frame. This is obviously so far into the future that it is anyone's guess how her career progresses or how long she decides to compete, but the potential to watch her compete for so many more years is great as a wrestling fan.

Since 2021 Amit has competed in seven Senior and age group World Championships, winning seven gold medals: Cadet (1), Junior (1), U20 (2), U23 (1) and Seniors (2). In those seven tournaments she outscored her opponents 167-7 with five falls.

Last edited:
I really hope she can make 68kg because it’s much better team wise if she can. 76kg is by far the deepest and toughest weight in the US so adding her to the mix would just make it so world champions and world champion level talent would be watching from home. I’m hoping that Elor will be our rep at 68kg and Blades will be our rep at 76kg. That’s 2 golds right there
Blades at 76 will be tough but saying she is "gold right there" is a stretch after ahe got worked hard by Gray this year at Final X

She looked overwhelmed. Maybe also hurt? She grabbed her pec when the ref lifter her arm at first. She's a monster.

Blades at 76 will be tough but saying she is "gold right there" is a stretch after ahe got worked hard by Gray this year at Final X
She teched this years world finalist Medet Kyzy 12-1 earlier this year. She can absolutely win gold. She’s also only 20 years old and pretty inconsistent. Her matches with Adeline are prime examples of this. If she continues to mature and even out her performances I think she is a real threat to make the team and win gold. I can’t see Adeline beating her again. She obviously needs to stay healthy as well which has been a struggle for her

Last edited:
If the IOC said, "We'll go to 8 weight classes for men's and women's FS if we eliminate Greco", I'd sign up for that in a heartbeat. An overall loss of wrestlers but the current weight classes for FS are just spread too far apart.

Greco is just a bad, boring product.
The problem is it's extremely popular worldwide, just not in the US. I think it has higher participation than freestyle.

There are some really amazing women wrestlers right now. I’m not sure who the best p4p women is. For men I think it’s clearly DT with Sadulaev and Dake losing and Sidakov losing earlier this year. The women’s is much tougher though. I see it being between Elor, Fujinami, and Susaki. Fujinami is only 20 and has won 110+ matches in a row. She hasn’t lost since 2017 when she was in middle school!! Susaki is 24 and now has 4 world titles as well as an Olympic title. At the Olympics she didn’t give up a single point. She has never lost an international match but she did lose to her teammate in 2019 at trials and didn’t make the team that year. It’s pretty much the only blemish on her record that also includes 3 cadet world golds, 2 junior world golds, and 1 U23 gold. I’m pretty sure we all know Elors credentials at this point. All 3 were dominant this week, blowing most of their competition out of the water. Susaki gave up 3 points total this tournament, Elor gave up 4 points, and Fujinami gave up 7 all coming in 1 match that she won 16-7. Fujinami still has her finals match to come though. I’ll be a US homer and pick Elor as the best but you really can’t go wrong with any of them. The best part is that all 3 are so young so we will have many years to watch and debate their greatness

Fujinami just won her finals match with a 10-0 tech. Outstanding wrestling
Pretty sure Fujinami is 19 as she won Senior Worlds in 2021 as a 17 year old. It will be interesting to see how her and Elor progress in terms of weight as they get older. Fujinami will be at 53KG for Paris, but will most likely need to move up to 55KG (non Olympic weight) or 57KG (for Olympics) as she gets older. Obviously Elor will need to move up or down for next year for the Olympics. Crazy to think that Kaori Icho won 4 Olympic Golds and 10 World Championships.

Where did everyone go, following the cycling thread?

Amit won her semi with a 12-2 tech over France.

Macy Kilty gave up a takedown then was laced for a 10-0 tech loss to
Ozaki, Japan, and took Silver.

Hildebrandt won 5-0 over Turkey to take Bronze.

Susaki with a 10-0 tech for another Japan Gold at 50 kg.
Well, some of us work for a living, and personally, I had my shoulder dislocated by a Clydesdale. But hey, I'm back.

There is nonreason to drop any sports in the Olympics. Especially, original sports. Equestrian is going nowhere. Far more money is involved.

Did not have "Belichick can't coach" on my bingo card today.
No offense to Steeler nation, but I would not be surprised if the poster is a Steeler fan. Plenty of them lived in denial re: Belicheck ( and Brady) for years. I certainly don’t like either, but you’ve got to live in reality.

Speaking of denial, there was someone (strongly believe it was an Iowa fan given posting history) who had the audacity on TheMat to say:

“Can we put this strawman to bed please? Nobody has ever once said Cael can't coach.”

I mean, roflmao. That statement is practically chiseled in stone on GIA. It’s taken more than a decade of beatings to whittle away at it. Maybe by 2035 and, hopefully, 10 or so more titles will only the raving lunatics like Grip and Burd still believe it

Reactions: hlstone and danoftw
Speaking of denial, there was someone (strongly believe it was an Iowa fan given posting history) who had the audacity on TheMat to say:

“Can we put this strawman to bed please? Nobody has ever once said Cael can't coach.”

I mean, roflmao. That statement is practically chiseled in stone on GIA. It’s taken more than a decade of beatings to whittle away at it. Maybe by 2035 and, hopefully, 10 or so more titles will only the raving lunatics like Grip and Burd still believe it
You should carpet bomb that thread with links.

Also, Paid Iowa Hater @johnstownsteel should link that thread on GIA and tell them they're a bunch of nobodies.

No offense to Steeler nation, but I would not be surprised if the poster is a Steeler fan. Plenty of them lived in denial re: Belicheck ( and Brady) for years. I certainly don’t like either, but you’ve got to live in reality.

I believe that was Steamboat Charlie.

Yeah, I was quite incredulous when I saw that, too.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa

They just meant Cael couldn't coach as well as TnT. 😂

Reactions: danoftw

You should carpet bomb that thread with links.

Also, Paid Iowa Hater @johnstownsteel should link that thread on GIA and tell them they're a bunch of nobodies.
Just curious. Do either one of you think Tom Brands is a good wrestling coach?

I mean I’m a Steeler fan and recognize BB as at least one of the top 5 coaches in NFL history.

Yeah, and when Brady went down in the first game in 2008 with a season ending knee injury, Belichick's Pats went 11-5 with Matt Cassell as their QB. He is such a bad coach ...

Yeah, and when Brady went down in the first game in 2008 with a season ending knee injury, Belichick's Pats went 11-5 with Matt Cassell as their QB. He is such a bad coach ...
Uh oh … I’m sensing some escalation on this topic. Time for one of y’all to create a new “OT—NFL Coaching Opinions” thread?

Just please keep this chatter out of our beautiful cycling thread.

Pretty sure Fujinami is 19 as she won Senior Worlds in 2021 as a 17 year old. It will be interesting to see how her and Elor progress in terms of weight as they get older. Fujinami will be at 53KG for Paris, but will most likely need to move up to 55KG (non Olympic weight) or 57KG (for Olympics) as she gets older. Obviously Elor will need to move up or down for next year for the Olympics. Crazy to think that Kaori Icho won 4 Olympic Golds and 10 World Championships.
Fujinami will be 20 on Nov. 11.

Reactions: zzs006 and Grass
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT